Would you rather ...

Mr Elwood P

Mr Elwood P

Tonight could have ended with a number of scenarios that were much more damaging to HMFC.

1. We could have been knocked  out.

2. We could have won but been drawn against Celtic in the semi.

3. We could have won but been drawn against Rangers or Aberdeen in the semi.

The best outcome possible was sabotaged by a terrible 2nd half performance. However, I’d probably take the current situation above the three options outlined above. Let’s get behind the team from now until May and see where we end up. Unfortunately our manager who excelled at beating Championship opposition has been hounded out by the same nitwits who want the current manager deposed. 

FTH.

Thankkfully he hasn't been hounded out, made of sterner stuff is Oor Craig,

He'll go, but when he thinks the time is right.

Levein has got lucky pulling ICT out the hat assuming we beat Partick in the replay that may give him more time 

He's hanging by a thread though 

If Partick had won tonight i believe the fans would've turned on him and Budge. It is coming though  

We are an absolute shambles on the Park 

For a club that seem to have countless coaches to hand  we dont actaully know what we are doing on a football pitch other than to punt it long for 90 mins

other than Uche the players dont seem to care at all. They can't enjoy playing this way its anti football 

9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Tonight could have ended with a number of scenarios that were much more damaging to HMFC.

The best outcome possible was sabotaged by a terrible 2nd half performance. However, I’d probably take the current situation above the three options outlined above. Let’s get behind the team from now until May and see where we end up. Unfortunately our manager who excelled at beating Championship opposition has been hounded out by the same nitwits who want the current manager deposed. 

FTH.

Tonight ended with a scenario that was very damaging to CL, DOF, untouchable DOF.  It was another damaging scenario that a lot of folks just don't want to see is in front of them. CL is a failed project. Get him out of 1st team affairs now, get some fresh eyes , some POSITIVITY , and let's see how the team gets on.   Unfortunately , short of getting Hearts relegated, it's almost impossible to see CL being relieved of his duties. 

Even if we get to the final we’ll put in a pathetic, cowardly performance against Celtic and lose 4-0, just like every game against the old firm in Glasgow. 

rudi must stay
31 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

FTH.

Neilson went because he saw the chance of doing well in England and the riches that you can make down south, nothing to do with the fans, Levein not being able to beat Partick isn't down to the fans either

I totally agree with those saying a shake up is needed, this team could play alot better and I'm not impressed with Levein saying it's not a terrible situation either he should in my opinion be very angry at alot of individual performances tonight, I think his hearts not in it anymore (excuse the pun)

Mr Elwood P
50 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Neilson went because he saw the chance of doing well in England and the riches that you can make down south, nothing to do with the fans, Levein not being able to beat Partick isn't down to the fans either

I totally agree with those saying a shake up is needed, this team could play alot better and I'm not impressed with Levein saying it's not a terrible situation either he should in my opinion be very angry at alot of individual performances tonight, I think his hearts not in it anymore (excuse the pun)

Really? Look at the jobs that McInnes rejected down south, partly cause the fans in Aberdeen love him. Neilson would have stayed if the fans had appreciated how well he had done. A record breaking  Championship season, 3rd place and then on course to challenge for 2nd. It wasn’t good enough because some fans couldn’t accept one capitulation against the wee team. They capitulate on a regular basis against us.

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Really? Look at the jobs that McInnes rejected down south, partly cause the fans in Aberdeen love him. Neilson would have stayed if the fans had appreciated how well he had done. A record breaking  Championship season, 3rd place and then on course to challenge for 2nd. It wasn’t good enough because some fans couldn’t accept one capitulation against the wee team. They capitulate on a regular basis against us.

It was an odd season but the football was different (effective but dull and in contrast to the wonderful football of the season before) and I think Neilson's head was turned before anyway, he didn't want to stick around after winning a tough league by 18+ points. McInnes has shown loyalty, but he has 100% control of that club and is pretty much unsackable. A rare thing in today's football and he's smart enough to realise it

1 hour ago, lsimp77 said:

Even if we get to the final we’ll put in a pathetic, cowardly performance against Celtic and lose 4-0, just like every game against the old firm in Glasgow. 

That would be my worry. 

Mr Elwood P
11 hours ago, lsimp77 said:

I don’t think Celtic will be in the final. Lennon doesn’t do very well at Hampden. Hearts v Rangers final with us to win, again.

10 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

That's what makes us different. We should never accept a capitulation against that shite. Especially when they go on the win the cup after they beat us in the "money spinner".

Edited by Poseidon

11 hours ago, lsimp77 said:

You should join the other characters in the Draw thread from yesterday who were sure the old firm would avoid each other because of some perceived stitch up in the draw.

How did that turn out, lads ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

They don't love him though!