Sean Clare

braveheart

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Yoda said:

When he was completely out of the squad, against St Mirren, we played our best game in ages.  As soon as he's back in (on the bench) against Killie and starting last night, it's back to normal.  I'm not saying it's all down to him, but he just doesn't do enough to justify being in the squad.  He's not alone.  Major clear out needed.

The teams record with him starting must be awful. 

Like really bad, especially if just league games. 🤔

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• Bridge of Djoum

• Inch Hearts

pettigrewsstylist

Used all his lives up for me. If new mgr decides to try again so be it, ill take a fair bit of convincing.

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Used all his lives up for me. If new mgr decides to try again so be it, ill take a fair bit of convincing.

Where I'm at, no fan of his

But if we do intend to play a high press he might actually be one of few capable of that part.

He was scared stiff. I don't think I ever remember a player looking so scared to play football, possibly Wyness when he joined. The confusing things was it's not like Clare came from a lower league team he was with Shef Wed who have bigger crowds than us.

It's been mentioned by a few that Tynie can be a hard place to play for opponents but i think you need a set of balls to play for us especially when things aren't going to work.

The Hogfather
10 hours ago, Yoda said:

When he was completely out of the squad, against St Mirren, we played our best game in ages.  As soon as he's back in (on the bench) against Killie and starting last night, it's back to normal.  I'm not saying it's all down to him, but he just doesn't do enough to justify being in the squad.  He's not alone.  Major clear out needed.

Agreed, it’s totally his fault we were 3-0 down to Kilmarnock when he came off the bench. Good grief. 

pettigrewsstylist
8 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Where I'm at, no fan of his

But if we do intend to play a high press he might actually be one of few capable of that part.

For 20 mins , then anonymity i suspect.

A player I think who will benefit greatly from Stendel. Clare has had his head melted by Levein and co. He has played nearly every position for Hearts bar goal keeper. At a time in his life where he should’ve been making a position his own and learning the trade, he’s been used as a pawn in one big minging game of Champ Man. Clear instructions, a clear game plan and training solely set up to develop the team in that shape and style will help everyone. Am not willing to judge anyone or write anyone off till I’ve seen them in a proper set up under a proper coach. 

Whitburn Hearts
9 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

A player I think who will benefit greatly from Stendel. Clare has had his head melted by Levein and co. He has played nearly every position for Hearts bar goal keeper. At a time in his life where he should’ve been making a position his own and learning the trade, he’s been used as a pawn in one big minging game of Champ Man. Clear instructions, a clear game plan and training solely set up to develop the team in that shape and style will help everyone. Am not willing to judge anyone or write anyone off till I’ve seen them in a proper set up under a proper coach. 

This 

38 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Agreed, it’s totally his fault we were 3-0 down to Kilmarnock when he came off the bench. Good grief. 

Exactly. I was waiting until someone mentioned that as I said to mates at the St. Mirren game that Clare’s absence would be noted. Whelan never played though. Nor did Souttar or Haring. Suppose those guys should be punted too, obviously no need for them as we can beat St. Mirren 5-2 without them.

fabienleclerq

Clare wasn't near the worst on Wednesday, he put himself about at least which is more than can be said for most. He also was the one trying to gee up the players after we scored. 

The Hogfather
16 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Clare wasn't near the worst on Wednesday, he put himself about at least which is more than can be said for most. He also was the one trying to gee up the players after we scored. 

I noticed this as well. If people want to identify players who let the side down on Wednesday night, there are some more prominent candidates out there than Sean Clare. 

Coburg Hearts
3 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I noticed this as well. If people want to identify players who let the side down on Wednesday night, there are some more prominent candidates out there than Sean Clare. 

Totally agree with this.

jack D and coke
50 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I can’t see many disagreeing with that. 
They all get a fresh start for me too. It’s proper finger out their arses time tho. Clare and a few others have no excuses left in the tank. 

12 hours ago, Yoda said:

Since you obviously weren’t there: Sean Clare was on the bench during our early collapse at Killie. That kind of discredits the idea that he’s the root cause of our weak midfield. For the time he was on in that game,  he did ok, as was the case on Wednesday night. 

4 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Spot on. I’m not his biggest fan but I don’t think his commitment can be faulted. Someone mentioned it earlier, the laddie has been used as some sort of pawn in a computer game. Center forward - Sean Clare, Center mid - Sean Clare, Left midfield - Sean Clare, right midfield - Sean Clare, right back - Sean Clare.......for someone who obviously struggles with confidence this has been a bit of a mind **** for the lad. Hopefully Stendel (if he comes!) can man manage the lad correctly and if he gets a run of games in the position he and his new manager thinks he is best suited I think he’ll come good. Met him once through a mutual friend and he loves playing for Hearts and living in Edinburgh. No writing him off just yet. Done that once with Hartley and how wrong was I! ( Just to clarify  I’m not saying he can be the next Hartley just saying he may have a chance of changing the mindset of the haters.)

Italian Lambretta
On 05/12/2019 at 07:42, AndyNic said:

He's supposed to be our most creative attacking player. He's shite.

Another small part of the levein master plan. 

Can we just stop threads like this?

The whole team has gone into a slump. That's partly because of an unbelievable number of injuries, hugely because we don't have a good goalie (hard to take if you are used to watching Hearts, who almost always have great goalies), and made so much worse by the complete loss of form of Berra, which must be down to injury (the fact that he still turns out and gives 100% makes him a hero as far as I am concerned, but, sadly, he is not the player he was).  Then there's the Naismith factor - he makes a massive difference but (no fault of his) has often been out. We saw again on Wednesday what happens when he is not playing.

And we've been badly managed and coached. Sad to write that; I have always been a massive Levein fan.

So what happens on Kickback? Predictably, endless threads hammering individual players, with some, like Clare, being particularly useful scapegoats. The final nail in the coffin, as fans join in this open-season on any player they happen to dislike.

The new manager has a massive rebuilding job to do. Part of that will be rebuilding the confidence of existing players, because we are not going to sign our way out of this (except a goalie). 

We know that a new manager is coming. We know who he is likely to be. We know that there are contractual issues being settled. As supporters, we should be mature enough to realise that the biggest thing we need, new management, is being sorted.

The last thing we need is to undermine the confidence of already damaged players, picking them off one-by-one. That's not support. Just stop it please. Lay off.

I realise I am p****g in the wind.

I'm sorry but Clare has zero talent. Could tell from the first 3 matches he played that he doesn't have a single bit of skill/awareness/fight/ in him. 

12 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sums him up. 

5 a side player. 

Great on the ball, does some really neat things, strong and fit - but mentally in terms of awareness, positioning, drive and decision making below a Sunday league player at times. 

Shame. 

Bit of the Tony Watts about him. 

This is pretty much what I was going to post. I'd hope a better manager could get a tune out of him, but I won't hold my breath.

A waste of ability.

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I can’t see many disagreeing with that. 
They all get a fresh start for me too. It’s proper finger out their arses time tho. Clare and a few others have no excuses left in the tank. 

When you add everything into the equation with Sean Clare it’s obvious why he’s struggling. Young boy, living up here away from family, comes into a struggling team, doesn’t play in his correct position, becomes a scape goat with the fans etc etc. He needed a clear development plan put in place for him in the summer and instead our manager decided he was to become a centre mid. He has been poor and it’s too easy just to accept excuses all the time but with Clare I think it’s unfair to ignore the above. He defo has something about him as you can see it in tiny glimpses. I reckon Stendel will get the best out him. 

Prepared for the incoming pelters but I am going to go out on a limb and say Clare will be a first team regular under the new gaffer. He has the physical attributes and is clever on the ball but agree he often gets lost in games and does lack awareness. Given more direction and certainty about what he is in the team to do I think we will see a real improvement. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

When you add everything into the equation with Sean Clare it’s obvious why he’s struggling. Young boy, living up here away from family, comes into a struggling team, doesn’t play in his correct position, becomes a scape goat with the fans etc etc. He needed a clear development plan put in place for him in the summer and instead our manager decided he was to become a centre mid. He has been poor and it’s too easy just to accept excuses all the time but with Clare I think it’s unfair to ignore the above. He defo has something about him as you can see it in tiny glimpses. I reckon Stendel will get the best out him. 

Mate I’ve said it a dozen times I don’t want him to fail. I started to notice early how much he hid though. He turned up in strange places on the pitch almost like he was trying to not get involved, really weird. I accept he’s been bumped around a bit and the team hasn’t ever really functioned since he came into it but I haven’t seen much I’ll be honest. He takes a nice penalty. That’s about it. 
But it’s fresh start for everyone if Stendel or whoever takes over and I’d love to see him become a big player for us. We lack character in that team, Naismith apart, so somebody else needs to step up. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Mate I’ve said it a dozen times I don’t want him to fail. I started to notice early how much he hid though. He turned up in strange places on the pitch almost like he was trying to not get involved, really weird. I accept he’s been bumped around a bit and the team hasn’t ever really functioned since he came into it but I haven’t seen much I’ll be honest. He takes a nice penalty. That’s about it. 
But it’s fresh start for everyone if Stendel or whoever takes over and I’d love to see him become a big player for us. We lack character in that team, Naismith apart, so somebody else needs to step up. 

I totally understand why folk see that in him, I see it sometimes to but I feel sorry for him a lot of the time. A fresh start and some proper coaching will help him massively. The square peg round hole culture has ruined him and pre season there was just a disaster. Centre mid 🙈

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

I totally understand why folk see that in him, I see it sometimes to but I feel sorry for him a lot of the time. A fresh start and some proper coaching will help him massively. The square peg round hole culture has ruined him and pre season there was just a disaster. Centre mid 🙈

Put it this way with Clare it’s more a frustration thing cos there’s tiny flashes in there at times, the goal at Killie for example. Whereas players like Bozanic you just want them to get tae and give some backhanders to whoever wanted to sign them. 

8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Put it this way with Clare it’s more a frustration thing cos there’s tiny flashes in there at times, the goal at Killie for example. Whereas players like Bozanic you just want them to get tae and give some backhanders to whoever wanted to sign them. 

Yes. Agree. 

Said a million times, I feel sorry for every single player that has been involved in the second Levein error. 

He'd destroy the best talents in the world. 

32 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Prepared for the incoming pelters but I am going to go out on a limb and say Clare will be a first team regular under the new gaffer. He has the physical attributes and is clever on the ball but agree he often gets lost in games and does lack awareness. Given more direction and certainty about what he is in the team to do I think we will see a real improvement. 

I agree 100% I also think that Damour and Wighton may see more game time under the new manager. 

I just hope the fans get behind these players going forward under Stendel( I am not going to hold my breathe though)

baron of ness
2 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

The whole team has gone into a slump. That's partly because of an unbelievable number of injuries, hugely because we don't have a good goalie (hard to take if you are used to watching Hearts, who almost always have great goalies), and made so much worse by the complete loss of form of Berra, which must be down to injury (the fact that he still turns out and gives 100% makes him a hero as far as I am concerned, but, sadly, he is not the player he was).  Then there's the Naismith factor - he makes a massive difference but (no fault of his) has often been out. We saw again on Wednesday what happens when he is not playing.

And we've been badly managed and coached. Sad to write that; I have always been a massive Levein fan.

So what happens on Kickback? Predictably, endless threads hammering individual players, with some, like Clare, being particularly useful scapegoats. The final nail in the coffin, as fans join in this open-season on any player they happen to dislike.

The new manager has a massive rebuilding job to do. Part of that will be rebuilding the confidence of existing players, because we are not going to sign our way out of this (except a goalie). 

We know that a new manager is coming. We know who he is likely to be. We know that there are contractual issues being settled. As supporters, we should be mature enough to realise that the biggest thing we need, new management, is being sorted.

The last thing we need is to undermine the confidence of already damaged players, picking them off one-by-one. That's not support. Just stop it please. Lay off.

Totally agree. 

3 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Yes I think this is where I'm at too. Even players I really dislike currently ( like Maclean ) might just turn out be far better after 10+ games under a completely fresh regime. At least that's what I'm hoping.

29 minutes ago, Snorri1 said:

Yes I think this is where I'm at too. Even players I really dislike currently ( like Maclean ) might just turn out be far better after 10+ games under a completely fresh regime. At least that's what I'm hoping.

I share the same hope. We’ve all worked in places where mixed messages where coming from above. We’ve all had crap supervisors or assistant managers etc to deal with as well. Too many cooks as they say. A new idea, one voice and one vision. I think that’s going to make a huge difference. 

Brauhauser2012

The players have been regressing under our coaching staff.

It will be very interesting to see what the new regime can do.

pettigrewsstylist
4 hours ago, CAI said:

I'm sorry but Clare has zero talent. Could tell from the first 3 matches he played that he doesn't have a single bit of skill/awareness/fight/ in him. 

His mentor ( the one who blew the cash) has played him ni so many positions because he has been so insipid in each one.

5 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Football fans can be fickle and easily frustrated.

But of course, your reasoned analysis and comment is spot on.

Can you imagine the discontent on here if SM gets the job?

He played for rangers; you know.

Edited by alfajambo

5 hours ago, CAI said:

Thats just nonsense 

4 hours ago, Rods said:

I agree 100% I also think that Damour and Wighton may see more game time under the new manager. 

I just hope the fans get behind these players going forward under Stendel( I am not going to hold my breathe though)

Damour and Wighton will need to improve massively to get a regular game. 

Damour is on a 4 year deal and so far has been absolutely hopeless. 

He just doesn't seem to care a jot. 

16 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Malaury Martin version 2.

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Pretty sure Clare and Wighton will be not long for Hearts under a new Manager.

Use him as an impact (lol) sub until he actually makes an impact. 

He's mentally weak like Wighton. Class in training but cannot get his mind right on the Saturday. Minimise his involvement in the match day squad until he either quits and wants out or knuckles down and proves Levein right. 

14 hours ago, OTT said:

Use him as an impact (lol) sub until he actually makes an impact. 

He's mentally weak like Wighton. Class in training but cannot get his mind right on the Saturday. Minimise his involvement in the match day squad until he either quits and wants out or knuckles down and proves Levein right. 

How do you know that he is class in training?

3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

because he said he was....

Because levein said he’s a great player everyone will not give him time or support him he was one off our better players on Wednesday he’s been struggling at times this season but the whole team has been  still believe there is a player in him that could be great for us....Wednesday even tho he was good for us worked hard and looked good on ball first half mostly with Naismith on people around me still shouting at him....our support at times 🤦🏼‍♂️

He's been hopeless since he signed, don't think that can be denied by anyone, if you play him and Walker in the same team you're effectively 2 men short for the majority of the game.

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Someone posted that they had spoke to a former Dundee player or something. Wighton is a class above in training but cannot replicate it on the field. Clare likewise has shown nothing really on the field to warrant his continued inclusion under Levein, so that suggests to me that like Wighton he trains really well but doesn't have that mental edge guys like Naismith have (the ability to train properly but also carry that form out onto the pitch on a saturday, theres no mental block). 

kingantti1874
51 minutes ago, cunny1874 said:

Because levein said he’s a great player everyone will not give him time or support him he was one off our better players on Wednesday he’s been struggling at times this season but the whole team has been  still believe there is a player in him that could be great for us....Wednesday even tho he was good for us worked hard and looked good on ball first half mostly with Naismith on people around me still shouting at him....our support at times 🤦🏼‍♂️

Sorry but it’s absolute nonsense to suggest he was one of our better players on Wednesday. He did nothing, created nothing, takes the easy pass all the time, never beats a man despite being quick, he constantly runs away from the ball..

he is the very definition of the “has talent” but is completely chicken hearted. A type of player  I would usually associate with hibs.

I genuinely think the last 3 years have caused some sort of mass realignment in terms of what a good footballer is..

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Sorry but it’s absolute nonsense to suggest he was one of our better players on Wednesday. He did nothing, created nothing, takes the easy pass all the time, never beats a man despite being quick, he constantly runs away from the ball..

he is the very definition of the “has talent” but is completely chicken hearted. A type of player  I would usually associate with hibs.

I genuinely think the last 3 years have caused some sort of mass realignment in terms of what a good footballer is..

This has been a big problem in our recruitment since Neilson left. Outside of Naismith and Halkett, we've not recruited any real leaders. No one that actually takes responsibility and can drive the team forward. Clare plays a key position but as you point out he always takes the easy pass. He never tries anything ambitious which is what that sort of position demands. No quick one twos to get by a man. No balls out for strikers to run on to. Its sideways or backwards 90% of the time. 

If he tries something and it doesn't come off, thats absolutely fine. If everything you tried came off teams would be winning by 10 goals or more. We need  just 1 or 2 speculative ambitious balls to come off and we have a goal or clear cut chance. His fear of failing is what is causing him to fail. The talent is there but it means nothing until he starts playing with a set of balls.  

Other thing, Berra shouldn't be captain. Everytime its head down and trudging back to position. We need someone that can gee the team up and get shouting. Naismith is that character but with his injury form as of late just getting him on the pitch is a big enough challenge. Halkett or Smith are maybe candidates for Captain IMO.