Sean Clare

braveheart

Captain Canada
15 hours ago, rick witter said:

A consistent 4 or 5 out of ten player!!!

Get rid ASAP!! 
He not the only one mind you. 

Exactly - there are probably 8 or 9 players that don't get pass marks every week. 

Clare was hyped a bit by CL then dumped in a struggling team out of position and lacking match fitness. 

His levels of performance since have just mirrored the rest of the squad. I hope he'll come good under Stendel. 

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• Bridge of Djoum

• Inch Hearts

22 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

No point slagging off players when they are all off form. new manager, new start then we will see who is shit or not.

Clare has played over 50 games. He is simply never going to be good enough no matter who is the manager. 

25 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

No point slagging off players when they are all off form. new manager, new start then we will see who is shit or not.

Yip ! 

Fresh start all round. 

The new manager will have a few weeks before the transfer window to arrange ins and outs. 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Sorry but it’s absolute nonsense to suggest he was one of our better players on Wednesday. He did nothing, created nothing, takes the easy pass all the time, never beats a man despite being quick, he constantly runs away from the ball..

he is the very definition of the “has talent” but is completely chicken hearted. A type of player  I would usually associate with hibs.

I genuinely think the last 3 years have caused some sort of mass realignment in terms of what a good footballer is..

What? It’s you (and evidently others looking up at this thread) talking nonsense mate. No player had an outstanding game but Clare was one of our better players. I would only say Brandon played better. You’re going for old tropes about Clare with the chicken hearted thing because from what I saw he did get stuck in numerous times and at one point took out a Livi player when they were nowhere near the ball so that they couldn’t chase the ball in front (boy had just been kicking at his heels moments prior so likely a little get back). He doesn’t take the easy pass every time - he gets stick for giving the ball away precisely because he’s one of the few players willing to be creative when passing and it doesn’t always come off. As for didn’t create anything his cross from the right hand side in the first half was not only cross of the night that could’ve lead to a goal it was inventive in its unorthodox nature.

I’m not saying he’s great. I’m not saying he will be or can be. But I’m fed up people continuously spouting out lazy tropes about Clare even when they don’t apply seemingly just to have a go.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

What? It’s you talking nonsense mate. No player had an outstanding game but Clare was one of our better players. I would only say Brandon played better. You’re going for old tropes about Clare with the chicken hearted thing because from what I saw he did get stuck in numerous times and at one point took out a Livi player when they were nowhere near the ball so that they couldn’t chase the ball in front (boy had just been kicking at his heels moments prior so likely a little get back). He doesn’t take the easy pass every time - he gets stick for giving the ball away precisely because he’s one of the few players willing to be creative when passing and it doesn’t always come off. As for didn’t create anything his cross from the right hand side in the first half was not only cross of the night that could’ve lead to a goal it was inventive in its unorthodox nature.

I’m not saying he’s great. I’m not saying he will be or can be. But I’m fed up people continuously spouting out lazy tropes about Clare even when they don’t apply seemingly just to have a go.

For whatever reason, Clare gets singled out for grief. Walker, Berra, Smith and Halkett as well as kipper hands were all utter gash on Wednesday. Clare is often shite, sometimes ok, rarely good and drifts in and out of games but why he needs singled out after every bad result (even if he’s one of the better players on the day) is a mystery.

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

What? It’s you (and evidently others looking up at this thread) talking nonsense mate. No player had an outstanding game but Clare was one of our better players. I would only say Brandon played better. You’re going for old tropes about Clare with the chicken hearted thing because from what I saw he did get stuck in numerous times and at one point took out a Livi player when they were nowhere near the ball so that they couldn’t chase the ball in front (boy had just been kicking at his heels moments prior so likely a little get back). He doesn’t take the easy pass every time - he gets stick for giving the ball away precisely because he’s one of the few players willing to be creative when passing and it doesn’t always come off. As for didn’t create anything his cross from the right hand side in the first half was not only cross of the night that could’ve lead to a goal it was inventive in its unorthodox nature.

To put it simply disagree with you.. he’s a waste of a shirt

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

For whatever reason, Clare gets singled out for grief. Walker, Berra, Smith and Halkett as well as kipper hands were all utter gash on Wednesday. Clare is often shite, sometimes ok, rarely good and drifts in and out of games but why he needs singled out after every bad result (even if he’s one of the better players on the day) is a mystery.

walker was terrible as well but is just back from injury, Halkett was average but again just back from injury. Berra has had lots of stick since his rushed return from injury, Smith has been our best player but was out of sorts during the week so he will get some leeway.. 

clare gets stuck because he has been consistently poor since he came into the team.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

walker was terrible as well but is just back from injury, Halkett was average but again just back from injury. Berra has had lots of stick since his rushed return from injury, Smith has been our best player but was out of sorts during the week so he will get some leeway.. 

clare gets stuck because he has been consistently poor since he came into the team.

After every game though? There’s even been the odd match he’s done alright and still the go to for stick. 

kingantti1874
32 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

After every game though? There’s even been the odd match he’s done alright and still the go to for stick. 

He’s provided flashes of great ability which make his overall contribution all the more frustrating.. I don’t recall any game where I’ve come away thinking he had a good game.

The Mercer Takeover

I honestly think Clare is one of the reasons Levein failed as a manager.

He kept up this hope that there was a player somewhere in Clare and then kept playing him to hopefully bring it out. Of course Clare was posted missing is almost all his appearances which affected the team.

In my opinion he has had enough chances and I suspect the new manager will see right through him.

Still feel Clare will come good and be a big player for us.  Let's be honest, Paul McCartney wouldn't even be able to get a good tune out of our squad under the losers, nobodies, duds and diddies that have been running the show for the past 4 years.

35 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

He kept up this hope that there was a player somewhere in Clare and then kept playing him to hopefully bring it out. Of course Clare was posted missing is almost all his appearances which affected the team.

In my opinion he has had enough chances and I suspect the new manager will see right through him.

Makes one wonder if there's something in the contract he negotiated that he must play so many games or play if he is fit.

38 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

To me, Sean Clare failed thus far due to Craig Levein.

51 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

That definition of insanity - doing the same thing repeatedly but expecting a different outcome. 

Captain Canada

That goal wasn't Clare's fault. Someone else missed an interception from the keeper's kick causing Halkett to come across and cover. Clare didn't anticipate the nutmeg (why would he?) and was holding his position as there was a Motherwell player behind him that could have received the ball to put a cross in. 

Seems odd to blame a midfielder for a goal that should have been prevented by the right back and centre back, but wasn't. 

On 07/12/2019 at 10:18, RudiHMFC said:

He's been hopeless since he signed, don't think that can be denied by anyone, if you play him and Walker in the same team you're effectively 2 men short for the majority of the game.

Correct👏🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

23 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Makes one wonder if there's something in the contract he negotiated that he must play so many games or play if he is fit.

I doubt if any player anywhere in world football has a clause saying that in their contract. If you aren't very good then no club would agree it, if you are good then you will have the self confidence to believe that you are good enough that you will start most weeks regardless 

16 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

That goal wasn't Clare's fault. Someone else missed an interception from the keeper's kick causing Halkett to come across and cover. Clare didn't anticipate the nutmeg (why would he?) and was holding his position as there was a Motherwell player behind him that could have received the ball to put a cross in. 

Seems odd to blame a midfielder for a goal that should have been prevented by the right back and centre back, but wasn't. 

Careful mate, don't want to blame the people actually at fault when there's a pop at Clare to be had.  

On 07/12/2019 at 12:05, rick witter said:

Clare has played over 50 games. He is simply never going to be good enough no matter who is the manager. 

Hopefully it doesn't take DS 50 games to figure out he's a chancer.

saying Clare could come good under the new manager is saying all the duds could come good, Clare has had ample time to get his game in shape but has failed to do so, even McPhee dropped him but true to form brought him back to the squad the next week, when he has shown nothing in the year he's been here, he should be emptied at the first opportunity

Sean Clare is a young guy with a lot of potential and I look forward to him coming good under the new manager and proving a lot of people wrong.

Under the previous manager he has played a lot of games but has never been allowed to settle in any position. He's been played up front, attacking mid, defensive mid, wide left, wide right, wing back and right back. And he has often been asked to change position at least once during a game to accommodate a substitution. And like Buaben and Djoum who were treated similarly, he's become the boo boy.

In the last game at Tynecastle, in the first 15 minutes he made a goal-saving tackle at the edge of our 6 yard box and then put in a really good cross at the other end. A few minutes later he delayed slightly on the ball in the middle of the park and was nearly dispossessed, although another Hearts player got the ball. At that point there was an outbreak of shouting and booing from the home "support".

It is that kind of thing that needs to change. As fans we need to get behind our players and encourage them. It must be a nightmare playing in front of a crowd that don't notice all the good work you do but are quick to get on your back whenever you make a mistake.

Sing when we are winning, sing louder when we are losing. That's the kind of support is what Clare needs. And then we'll see the best of him.

pettigrewsstylist
On 07/12/2019 at 12:05, rick witter said:

That guy has played 50+ games for Hearts? What have we become...............

27 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Sean Clare is a young guy with a lot of potential and I look forward to him coming good under the new manager and proving a lot of people wrong.

Under the previous manager he has played a lot of games but has never been allowed to settle in any position. He's been played up front, attacking mid, defensive mid, wide left, wide right, wing back and right back. And he has often been asked to change position at least once during a game to accommodate a substitution. And like Buaben and Djoum who were treated similarly, he's become the boo boy.

In the last game at Tynecastle, in the first 15 minutes he made a goal-saving tackle at the edge of our 6 yard box and then put in a really good cross at the other end. A few minutes later he delayed slightly on the ball in the middle of the park and was nearly dispossessed, although another Hearts player got the ball. At that point there was an outbreak of shouting and booing from the home "support".

It is that kind of thing that needs to change. As fans we need to get behind our players and encourage them. It must be a nightmare playing in front of a crowd that don't notice all the good work you do but are quick to get on your back whenever you make a mistake.

Sing when we are winning, sing louder when we are losing. That's the kind of support is what Clare needs. And then we'll see the best of him.

I’m with you. Write no one off until they have had a chance with the new manager. 

scott herbertson

Can't see the potential even.  A few little tricks but that's it as far as I have seen , and I don't feel he contributes much to the team,  but maybe I'm missing something...

12 minutes ago, Sid said:

I’m with you. Write no one off until they have had a chance with the new manager. 

Agreed but "had a chance" can measure in minutes for some.

4 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

That definition of insanity - doing the same thing repeatedly but expecting a different outcome.

That is the empirically proven definition of white flag syndrome.

If all our explorers, scientists,  researchers, well-diggers, etc., believed that nonsense, we'd all be dead.

• 1 month later...
On 07/12/2019 at 11:11, kingantti1874 said:

Sorry but it’s absolute nonsense to suggest he was one of our better players on Wednesday. He did nothing, created nothing, takes the easy pass all the time, never beats a man despite being quick, he constantly runs away from the ball..

he is the very definition of the “has talent” but is completely chicken hearted. A type of player  I would usually associate with hibs.

I genuinely think the last 3 years have caused some sort of mass realignment in terms of what a good footballer is..

🤔🤔this is an awkward moment now eh what’s people’s thoughts on Clare now after the last 5 or so games not going to lie got big smile on my face got stick on here for saying he was a player and just needed to be coach right 🙋🏼‍♂️

On 05/12/2019 at 05:57, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Great bump. Wonder how many still see "a player" in him? 

And what about this one?

I see a player in him

What’s your thoughts Geoff? 

22 minutes ago, cunny1874 said:

🤔🤔this is an awkward moment now eh what’s people’s thoughts on Clare now after the last 5 or so games not going to lie got big smile on my face got stick on here for saying he was a player and just needed to be coach right 🙋🏼‍♂️

So people shouldn't say a player is crap when he plays crap and had been playing crap for a while? Hardly an awkward moment for the poster you quoted, he was correct at the time.

But if that's how you get your kicks and it puts a smile on your face, fire away.

2 minutes ago, Sid said:

And what about this one?

I see a player in him

What’s your thoughts Geoff? 

What's your point? He was playing shit at that time.

Ainsley Harriott
2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Correction  he was being coached and managed by the worst manager in our history. He now has a proper manager in place and is being motivated and used correctly. 

3 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

So people shouldn't say a player is crap when he plays crap and had been playing crap for a while? Hardly an awkward moment for the poster you quoted, he was correct at the time.

But if that's how you get your kicks and it puts a smile on your face, fire away.

Think if you read it again a say he’s been poor but there’s a player in him and people on here said he’s not good enough for us but hey some people like watching football but have no clue about football enjoy your day .

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

“Never a player in him”. 
that’s the point. 
Agree he played some really crap games. Seemed like he couldn’t be dropped (which probably contributed to not busting a gut. 
That’s not my point. 
Do you agree with my point that some people commented that there was never a player in him being wrong or right? 

Clare was rightly called out as he had been murder until his form picked up recently. So we will forget 12 months of shite and judge him on last few games!!! Nice goal at the weekend though

12 minutes ago, Sid said:

“Never a player in him”. 
that’s the point. 
Agree he played some really crap games. Seemed like he couldn’t be dropped (which probably contributed to not busting a gut. 
That’s not my point. 
Do you agree with my point that some people commented that there was never a player in him being wrong or right? 

I disagree with your point and I'd say you are wrong. Saying he's a player after 1.5 good games in almost 2 years is ridiculous. He looks like he's finally coming good but I'd hold off on the gushing praise, as he has plenty of hard work to do.

At the time, the posters were correct. He looked lost and seemed he would never cut it here, yet you're on quoting posters as if you're some sort of prophet. He's only played well the last 2 games, and got a red card in one of them.

Let's wait and see, hopefully we'll have a confident and capable player come end of the season.

When he first came I thought there's a player there ! but as the season progressed he seemed to look as if he was uninterested at times , when a manager fills a player with negativity a player often starts to hide in games , Stendel seems to have put him in a role where he is more comfortable and given him more confidence that brings positivity and given the freedom to have a go and do what he is good at , that's what I see anyway, let's hope he continues to play like the last two games.

jambo-in-furness

His class was always evident to those that know their football 😇.

my main concern is that he was going to leave Hearts before those that can’t see witnessed how good he is.

4 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I disagree with your point and I'd say you are wrong. Saying he's a player after 1.5 good games in almost 2 years is ridiculous. He looks like he's finally coming good but I'd hold off on the gushing praise, as he has plenty of hard work to do.

At the time, the posters were correct. He looked lost and seemed he would never cut it here, yet you're on quoting posters as if you're some sort of prophet. He's only played well the last 2 games, and got a red card in one of them.

Let's wait and see, hopefully we'll have a confident and capable player come end of the season.

I’ve not said he’s Messi.  I’m no prophet. 

I’ve said there’s a player in there. 
only a player could have controlled that shot for the goal he scored. 
how can you be correct at the time in saying there’s not a player in there. That had nothing to do with how he was playing at the time. They were saying he will never be able to play well. 
They could have said he’s playing rubbish and don’t think there’s a player in there and be correct. But they were 100% wrong in saying there was no player in there.