Sean Clare

braveheart

sidjamesbottle
2 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Fitting punishment,  you are sentenced to watch Wish you were Here repeats from the 80s... indefinitely. . ! 

Judith Chalmers had something about her no issue with that !

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• Bridge of Djoum

• Inch Hearts

gorgieheart
1 minute ago, sidjamesbottle said:

First "Karen"... now a Chalmers "thing"...

You need to seek help I'm afraid.... 

Next you'll be telling us that a certain Tony Mowbray's head, bares no resemblance,  at all, to that of a monkey...!!  

gorgieheart
6 minutes ago, sidjamesbottle said:

.. she certainly does  !  

The  reek of stale pish..!  

5 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

.. she certainly does  !  

:rofl:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

All people are different all players are different. His job is different. 

He is however a luxury player but that doesn't mean he is lazy. His role in the team is not always to run his ballox into the earth. 

Luxury player's do look awful in a losing team and equally mercurial in a winning one. 

43 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I was very critical of Clare last year, and to be honest, I don't think it was harsh or unwarranted. But he's a Hearts player, and he'll have a clean slate with me starting this new season, as will all the players that remain. I do hope he proves me wrong. 

Not a fan myself. The magical, mystical sprinkling of pre-season training dust convinces some it turns players into a different being from what they were before. 

I think he’s got alot to prove in many aspects of team work and personal input during games.  

As you say, it’s a new season and a clean slate so there’s nothing else for it but to wait and see if players are transformed and can offer much more. 

The Future's Maroon
8 hours ago, Spellczech said:

The internet generation write players off far too soon. New season, clean slate. 

Constantly moaning and "not rating" players is counter-productive, and must be damned depressing...

My advice to anyone who finds him/herself doing this, is to take a long hard look at yourself before you continue to do others down...

There is no better example than on here, players we are only rumoured with, written off, injured players written off, one bad game, written off etc etc

FWIW I am in the camp where he wasn’t good enough last season but did show flashes, if he can step up a notch or two with more consistency he could well go on to be a great player for us and make us a small fortune in the process.

Of course he could carry on at the level he has been so far and it just won’t work out for both parties.

I stay in the glass half full mob on this one.

Central Belt 1874
8 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Not a fan myself. The magical, mystical sprinkling of pre-season training dust convinces some it turns players into a different being from what they were before. 

I think he’s got alot to prove in many aspects of team work and personal input during games.  

As you say, it’s a new season and a clean slate so there’s nothing else for it but to wait and see if players are transformed and can offer much more. 

The bit in bold cuts right to the heart of the issues around Clare and where he needs to improve. Its debatable if he can change this. 

6 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

I think CL will know the score if they do a session on Gullane Sands - separates the men from the boys.

Clare has a lot of work to do. Think he'll be the first to admit that. He will start with a clean slate for me but i really hope he shows us what he's capable off this term and gets more involved in games. We were told he could run at players, well I want to see you running at players Sean. Getting more involved in games and giving us a full 90 mins of effort 

3 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Clare has a lot of work to do. Think he'll be the first to admit that. He will start with a clean slate for me but i really hope he shows us what he's capable off this term and gets more involved in games. We were told he could run at players, well I want to see you running at players Sean. Getting more involved in games and giving us a full 90 mins of effort 

Full pre season. Injury free. Better players around him. More attacking set up. 

I am confident this will show him in best light. I hope he can step up to it. 

Certainly not written him off on this Season’s performance (as some others have been quick enough to do). 

Clare will come good.  The key thing is for Levein to find his best formation, there was so many chopping and changing last season (realise this was partly down to the large number of injuries) its no surprise that we didn't see the best of our players.  I don't think Clare got a consistent period in one position.  It is clear though that he has something about him. 

I liked the xmas tree formation we went with in the final and think Levein will start with that in the next season with Clare and Naismith behind Uche.

4 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Clare will come good.  The key thing is for Levein to find his best formation, there was so many chopping and changing last season (realise this was partly down to the large number of injuries) its no surprise that we didn't see the best of our players.  I don't think Clare got a consistent period in one position.  It is clear though that he has something about him. 

I liked the xmas tree formation we went with in the final and think Levein will start with that in the next season with Clare and Naismith behind Uche.

Agree with most of this to be honest. ?

Jambo 4 Ever
4 hours ago, Sid said:

Full pre season. Injury free. Better players around him. More attacking set up. 

I am confident this will show him in best light. I hope he can step up to it. 

Certainly not written him off on this Season’s performance (as some others have been quick enough to do). 

what better players?

gorgieheart
15 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

what better players?

Those in Hearts strips !

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Those in Hearts strips !

But how is that different than last season?

gorgieheart
1 minute ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

What question count are you on ? 

gorgieheart
Just now, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

helpful comment

Its not a comment !

Its one of your favourite things....a Question    ?

What is his natural position, or where did he play before he joined us?

I thought he was more of a number 10 but he’s played out on the wing a few times.  There was chat that he could play wing back too.  Hopefully he can cement a position next season as hard to see what his strongest position is so far. 

3 minutes ago, Morph said:

I thought he was more of a number 10 but he’s played out on the wing a few times.  There was chat that he could play wing back too.  Hopefully he can cement a position next season as hard to see what his strongest position is so far. 

Behind a CF imo. To the right of a CF who holds the ball up, or playing in the hole. Would be interested to see him played at CM though.

Jambo 4 Ever
38 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Its not a comment !

Its one of your favourite things....a Question    ?

Only one person finds you funny

Edited by Jambo_in_Hamilton

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Different(new) players added and some returning from injury in said strips. 

Also, the strips will actually be different. 

So in summary, very different. 

MaskedMarauder
16 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

I feel his hearts not in it. Massive season for him coming up.

Stayed in the same hotel as him in Dubai whilst he was there with his Mrs for the week. Can assure you his heart looked like it certainly was in it when he was heading to the gym every morning and night and coming out with the sweat p*shing off him. Been training non-stop since he came home too. 

Professional athlete yes, but when you’re on holiday with your Mrs and entitled to time off doing absolutely nothing, he certainly wasn’t doing that. Wouldn’t be me anyway ?

colinmaroon
50 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Edited by Jambo in Hamilton???

Anyway, funny or not, it was true.

2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

what better players?

Firstly, would hope Naismith will be there more than last season and secondly, based on nothing more than Levein stating that he is looking for a small number of players who are better than the players we currently have (in forward positions), some new signings. I believe we will sign at least a couple of better players. 

Happy to debate whether or not I was correct in my assumptions when window closes but not really interested in dredging up selective previous signings who didn’t work out where circumstances were significantly worse. For clarity, I mean a very large turnover was required, budget was significantly lower, we had no core of a team on long term contracts. Vanecek as we do not know reason for non-delivery, therefore can’t attribute this wholly to Levein. 

sidjamesbottle
23 hours ago, gorgieheart said:

.. she certainly does  !  

Judith Chalmers and pish stained american tanned tights this has to be the sexiest thread ever on KB ! i won't sleep tonight !

pettigrewsstylist
19 hours ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Stayed in the same hotel as him in Dubai whilst he was there with his Mrs for the week. Can assure you his heart looked like it certainly was in it when he was heading to the gym every morning and night and coming out with the sweat p*shing off him. Been training non-stop since he came home too. 

Professional athlete yes, but when you’re on holiday with your Mrs and entitled to time off doing absolutely nothing, he certainly wasn’t doing that. Wouldn’t be me anyway ?

I mean the challeges on the other side of the white line. Fair do tho. Lets see how it plays out first 10 matches. Hope he succeeds.

gorgieheart
20 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

..  name change... now that's Funny...

jack D and coke
21 hours ago, Morph said:

It’s hard to see what his best position is because he pops up all over the pitch. Normally to hide imo then the ball comes there and you’re left thinking wtf are you doing there?

I haven’t written him off at all but I think Sean Clare thinks he’s a batter player in his own head than he actually is. 

But like others have said, clean slate and I’ll be glad to eat my words if he comes good??

23 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

what better players?

Can you just confirm that you do not believe there will be better new players at the start of the season just to pick up on in August?  

Robbo-Jambo
22 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

I find it funnyI :greggy:

What made you change your name ?

Trying  to throw us all off track. :cool:

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

Bazzas right boot
21 hours ago, sidjamesbottle said:

Judith Chalmers and pish stained american tanned tights this has to be the sexiest thread ever on KB ! i won't sleep tonight !

4046427081_df47b12008_b.jpg

On 13/06/2019 at 00:10, Inch Hearts said:

You make fantastic points but blow it all time and time again with mental insults.  I agree about Clare but fs mate. 

You make a fair point.

My posts used to be cleaner - up to a certain point in the Romanov era - but then I got so much abuse (not debate) for my opinions that I lowered myself to the standard of responses that I was receiving.

On 13/06/2019 at 15:57, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Seemingly he’s not lazy........he’s just a funny runner!  ?

There are people with a long gait which means even when they are running fast they look as if they are not putting as much effort in as their legs aren’t spinning around like a wee 5ft guy moving his legs like he’s on a hamster wheel.

Its a pretty standard and accepted point by people that have any kind of open mind.

I don't think he offered enough last year. He started to come onto a game towards the end of the season though. He should take confidence from that. 

It was a big step up for him, and I think the adjustment period is over. With a good preseason under his belt he should have a good season. Hoping we'll see double figures in the goals and assists front. 

45 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

There are people with a long gait which means even when they are running fast they look as if they are not putting as much effort in as their legs aren’t spinning around like a wee 5ft guy moving his legs like he’s on a hamster wheel.

Its a pretty standard and accepted point by people that have any kind of open mind.

Open to any excuse........?

johnking123

Pre season , which he never had last season. Plus a bit more guidance on what we want from him this season. Could have a good player on our hands.

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Open to any excuse........?

Like Patrick Viera’s running style. 

Different quality of player but a ‘languid’ running style.

Not an excuse - an anatomical fact.

In any event he puts in way more effort than he is given credit for. People are just lying. Pure and simple.

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

Like Patrick Viera’s running style. 

Different quality of player but a ‘languid’ running style.

Not an excuse - an anatomical fact.

In any event he puts in way more effort than he is given credit for. People are just lying. Pure and simple.

Lying? The truth is Clare has proven to be a massive disappointment.

9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Lying? The truth is Clare has proven to be a massive disappointment.

What where you expecting then Thomaso, a young player back from a serious long term injury tearing the league up. Maybe massively disappointed he didnt smash in 30 goals. 

Rerr Windows in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

FarmerTweedy
8 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s hard to see what his best position is because he pops up all over the pitch. Normally to hide imo then the ball comes there and you’re left thinking wtf are you doing there?

I haven’t written him off at all but I think Sean Clare thinks he’s a batter player in his own head than he actually is. 

But like others have said, clean slate and I’ll be glad to eat my words if he comes good??

If he thinks that, he's a right doughnut! 

Be intersting to see how he is with a full pre season. Would also like to see him only in the midfiled, playing behind two forewards ...........not likely that is going to happen !

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 hours ago, OTT said:

I don't think he offered enough last year. He started to come onto a game towards the end of the season though. He should take confidence from that. 

It was a big step up for him, and I think the adjustment period is over. With a good preseason under his belt he should have a good season. Hoping we'll see double figures in the goals and assists front. 

Nice to know people still think the SPFL is a higher standard than the 6th richest league in the world!

3 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

What where you expecting then Thomaso, a young player back from a serious long term injury tearing the league up. Maybe massively disappointed he didnt smash in 30 goals. 

Rerr Windows in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

Even for you that is absolute drivel.

All sorts of excuses...Er...reasons for Clare -

lack of a pre-season, not used to Scottish football, Naismith’s injury, lack of confidence, lack of fitness, bad injury.

Maybe some have merit however the fact is his performances last season have been disappointing - and THAT was my point!