• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• Bridge of Djoum

• Inch Hearts

3 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Do you believe that, mate?

Yes,  and the reasoning behind it makes sense.

I’ll not go into it because I’ll just get shot down again.

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

His two very good goals against Livingston and Kilmarnock back it up.

People think he's just a penalty taker.

I need more to go on that those goals, albeit they were good finishes. They don't make up for his all round performances. 

3 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Clare will end up a superstar and make us big ££.  

If you go back to interviews with staff at the club they claim we were lucky to sign a player of such calibre and potential. We had to stump up the £ to get him here and the belief is that we can coach him to a good position where he will go down south for £5m +

£10k x 52 weeks a year for a couple of years is nothing compared to a big move signing. 

Theres money net to be made if they can get him playing. 

FarmerTweedy
5 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

That's because anyone with more than half a dozen brain cells knows it's utter bollocks!

16 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Uche was effective (at times) beyond goals. That's not to say I think he was beyond criticism. 

I see a few people echoing those views on Clare, seems to be a mixed view on him. I haven't read anything to change my view. Maybe I am missing something but it's not been articulated - just that 'there is a player there' and 'he will come good'. Which was my point originally - there's very little to point to that backs that up.

From watching him, he has the attributes to potentially be our Tom Rogic - a tall, mobile, quite skillful goalscoring midfielder. Mostly potential of course, like a lot of players that age (including Rogic who was still playing in Australia at that age) but there were signs. As others have said he suffered from coming into the team when we were on a downer and was asked to play more games and play a bigger role than he was ready (or fit) for at that time.I was impressed with how he stuck at it and how he built his confidence to the point that he became our penalty taker.

Without Clare no cup final and no Edwards goal.

He has the sort of running style that makes it easy for the narrow minded to slag him.

He is a player. We’ll see it for real this year.

Some folk thought Naismith was shite his first 7 months with us.

Nobs-r-us.....

So Clare will have a full pre-season; 

after playing a full season now he will be used to the Scottish game; he is likely to be playing with Naismith in the team; he will be fully fit; his confidence will be up.....I think that covers it.

So if his performances next season continue to be disappointing where do we go from there?!

1 hour ago, JamboSpur said:

You believe that Sean Clare is on 10k p/a? Jesus... 

I seriously hope you are trolling. The alternative is hilarious.

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So Clare will have a full pre-season; 

after playing a full season now he will be used to the Scottish game; he is likely to be playing with Naismith in the team; he will be fully fit; his confidence will be up.....I think that covers it.

So if his performances next season continue to be disappointing where do we go from there?!

We’ll be more disappointed. 

Inch Hearts
13 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Without Clare no cup final and no Edwards goal.

He has the sort of running style that makes it easy for the narrow minded to slag him.

He is a player. We’ll see it for real this year.

Some folk thought Naismith was shite his first 7 months with us.

Nobs-r-us.....

You make fantastic points but blow it all time and time again with mental insults.  I agree about Clare but fs mate. 

3 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

You make fantastic points but blow it all time and time again with mental insults.  I agree about Clare but fs mate. 

Sad but true.

sidjamesbottle
9 hours ago, Tazio said:

I disagree, someone called Keren "Karen" further up. 

Unforgivable. 

Sorry Tazio me guilty schoolboy error, i must insist any punishment handed out is administered by the girls themselves though !

jambo in iraq
8 hours ago, JamboSpur said:

If you go back to interviews with staff at the club they claim we were lucky to sign a player of such calibre and potential. We had to stump up the £ to get him here and the belief is that we can coach him to a good position where he will go down south for £5m +

£10k x 52 weeks a year for a couple of years is nothing compared to a big move signing. 

Theres money net to be made if they can get him playing. 

Utter nonsense.

No way on earth we are paying even half of that. And btw the compensation quoted was under a million even for English teams. If he was worth 5 million, clubs would have queued up to pay the compensation. Dont get me wrong, not a bad player but some of the nonsense shite you hear on here takes the biscuit.

5 minutes ago, jambo in iraq said:

Utter nonsense.

No way on earth we are paying even half of that. And btw the compensation quoted was under a million even for English teams. If he was worth 5 million, clubs would have queued up to pay the compensation. Dont get me wrong, not a bad player but some of the nonsense shite you hear on here takes the biscuit.

Hobnobs according to Jammy T further up the page. 

sandylejambo

The occasional goal and turn of speed does not a footballer make, he lacks heart and hides for most of the game, unless there's a major change of attitude we will get the same from him next season, he could go out every Saturday night without having a shower and smell ok. 

There's still a chance that with the benefit of last season, adjusting, blah, blah, and the fabled, player transforming preseason that Clare might just crank his game up to another level. Probably a bit of a long shot but whilst the possibility is there we can dream. 

Fwiw, I think he's done okay all things considered. He had a standing start but did improve after the January break.

Cup semi and final apart, it's home games only for me these days so can't judge him completely but there has been the odd flash that suggests there is a fine player in there. 

Huge boost if he shines next season.  

Fifejambo 51
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Hopefully Clare leaves. His performance in the cup final was a disgrace

What are you on about mate , he was playing out of position and gave his all. He has ability and is still young. He also set up our goal 

Maroonblood22

Well after his wee holiday in Dubai he's back in the gym doing a pre-pre-season so seems like he at least has the right attitude for upping his game next season. Can't complain at that ?

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, JamboSpur said:

£10k a week apparently.

Got to think about things before you post. 

That's about 10% of our entire  budget for a player that CL himself said needed time and only played as much due to injury. 

10% of a budget on a player that was a last minute/ not planned / opportunistic (sp), development type purchase? 

?

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Hopefully Clare leaves. His performance in the cup final was a disgrace

His back heel was the best moment of quality in the entire match. 

Maybe the only piece of quality in the game. 

He still doesn't do enough of the ball for me and needs to be far more influential but in no way shape or form was he a disgrace. 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Plenty of people saw enough from the likes of Clare to agree that he would benefit from a preseason and some better players around him.

You say Uche was quite good. Scored the same number of league goals as Sean Clare. Someone you're for binning off already.

I'm not 100% on Clare but you are correct, give the boy a preseason and a chance before panning. 

He came back from a long term injury, young guy, New team, new league was thrown in the deep end due to our injuries in a team with low confidence and folk are writing him off? 

9 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Nope.

I completely reject that our final third recruitment was "incredibly poor". We signed players with obvious technical ability and they suffered from a chronic lack of confidence born out of a rotten run of form.

Agree. 

I would add that our lack of wide options until the emegerance of Mulraney was an issue (injuries to Ben, Mitchell and Morrison never helped). 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, martoon said:

There's still a chance that with the benefit of last season, adjusting, blah, blah, and the fabled, player transforming preseason that Clare might just crank his game up to another level. Probably a bit of a long shot but whilst the possibility is there we can dream. 

Fwiw, I think he's done okay all things considered. He had a standing start but did improve after the January break.

Cup semi and final apart, it's home games only for me these days so can't judge him completely but there has been the odd flash that suggests there is a fine player in there. 

Huge boost if he shines next season.  

I agree with your assessment. 

jack D and coke

It’s good to hear he’s in the gym already but I’m very wary of that type of social media tbh that people use to make themselves look good. 

Nobody cares about your Instagram shite mate. 

The jury is still out for me but I’m happy to give him a pre season and see what he can do with hopefully better players alongside him.

The internet generation write players off far too soon. New season, clean slate. 

Constantly moaning and "not rating" players is counter-productive, and must be damned depressing...

My advice to anyone who finds him/herself doing this, is to take a long hard look at yourself before you continue to do others down...

Jambof3tornado
19 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s good to hear he’s in the gym already but I’m very wary of that type of social media tbh that people use to make themselves look good. 

He's a professional footballer. I'd expect him to be in the gym even during the close season!

What he does on the pitch is where its at, as you say nobody gives a shite about Instagram posts!

jack D and coke
21 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

He's a professional footballer. I'd expect him to be in the gym even during the close season!

What he does on the pitch is where its at, as you say nobody gives a shite about Instagram posts!

Yeah I’m starting to hate all forms of social media these days, it’s narcissism simple as that. 

If he wasn’t keeping himself in a shape of sorts you’d be a bit disappointed tbh. 

Less insta and less of an empty shirt every week please. 

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

35 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Tbf, a lot of folk do care about Instagram posts. 

Not me tho, not even sure what it is. 

A good pre season. A better shape to the team. Better recruitment. Better tactics. We will see a better player. Am hoping that applies to everyone that struggled last season. 

jack D and coke
15 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Tbf, a lot of folk do care about Instagram posts. 

Not me tho, not even sure what it is. 

Just imagine a Facebook for bigger wankers. People who like to put filters on every photo and hashtag the pic to ****ing death :lol: 

The most annoying part of Instagram is people post shite on their Facebook then upload the exact same shite onto insta but with a filter and hashtag hell so you get to see it twice. 

:facepalm:

:seething:

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I agree with your assessment. 

I hope Sean does, too. :)

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Just imagine a Facebook for bigger wankers. People who like to put filters on every photo and hashtag the pic to ****ing death :lol: 

The most annoying part of Instagram is people post shite on their Facebook then upload the exact same shite onto insta but with a filter and hashtag hell so you get to see it twice. 

Ffs

I'm on the book of face. 

My space, beebo, Instagram, twitter I've avoided. 

Think I'll continue to do so. 

rick witter
13 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Shut up Rick.

Just go one day without talking shite on here, cheers.

Talking the truth you meant to say ??

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm only laughing because I get your pain. Wankers indeed.

I don’t care much for when people say he’ll look better with better players around him.

Surely he should be standing out big and bold of he’s surrounded by such a poor standard players ?

He doesn’t stand out for me as anything out the ordinary....except from 12 yards from goal.

I’m not writing the guy off but I’m wouldn’t put my last pound on him progressing onto to greater things either.

Phil Dunphy
2 hours ago, rick witter said:

Talking the truth you meant to say ??

No, it's utter shite.

**** ever having to listen to you in real life. Horrendous.

19 hours ago, rick witter said:

An absolute imposter! 

Half arsed attitude which in a team like ours is the last thing we need. Never once has he looked like he has came off the pitch tired. 

18 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Clare will end up a superstar and make us big ££.  

The truth is somewhere in between these two extremes.

36 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

The truth is somewhere in between these two extremes.

So true. This place summed up perfectly.

gorgieheart
21 hours ago, Tazio said:

I disagree, someone called Keren "Karen" further up. 

Unforgivable. 

thats just ridiculous !!!

Name and shame..  !

Seemingly he’s not lazy........he’s just a funny runner!  ?

rick witter
2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

No, it's utter shite.

**** ever having to listen to you in real life. Horrendous.

Wow ? 

AlphonseCapone

I was very critical of Clare last year, and to be honest, I don't think it was harsh or unwarranted. But he's a Hearts player, and he'll have a clean slate with me starting this new season, as will all the players that remain. I do hope he proves me wrong. 

gorgieheart
25 minutes ago, sidjamesbottle said:

Guilty !

Fitting punishment,  you are sentenced to watch Wish you were Here repeats from the 80s... indefinitely. . !