Sean Clare

braveheart

Absolute Scenes
11 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

£10k a week apparently.

No one, I repeat NO ONE is on £10k you utter spraff before tracking back to "just what I was told" - if someone told you that you should have laughed in their face.

You know that's not true

Away and clog another thread

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• Bridge of Djoum

• Inch Hearts

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Not a shell corporation slush fund-type scenario?

Poor financial planning from Clare if that's true.

No. I think we are paying it for him according to rumours.

FACT.

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

No one, I repeat NO ONE is on £10k you utter spraff before tracking back to "just what I was told" - if someone told you that you should have laughed in their face.

You know that's not true

Away and clog another thread

Nobody told him anything ???

SpruceBringsteen

Apt in a thread about LAZY Sean, an incredibly lazy figure was pulled out. "Eh what about...£10k? Aye, that'll do". :lol:

So we're just making stuff up now. It's only going to get worse I suppose till the season starts.

FWIW I like Sean Clare and I have no doubt he will be a big player next season.

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

£5k and you can hire them. For musical purposes.

That's really saying something.

49 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

The most accurate chat here is about Bananarama.

I disagree, someone called Keren "Karen" further up. 

Unforgivable. 

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I disagree, someone called Keren "Karen" further up. 

Unforgivable. 

Shocking behaviour.....Almost as bad as saying Clare is on £10k a week.

1 hour ago, gorgieheart said:

I heard a rumour......

But then so did Siobhan, Keren and Sara... !

Guy I used to work enjoyed some close and personal time with Keren back in day. Top of his hit parade! 

1 hour ago, gowestjambo said:

So that's him come good? I would hate to see if he had turned out to be average..............

You are not alone in your opinion, but I cannot see what folk see in him. He is lazy, offers nothing defensively, and games seem to pass him by. Apart from him scoring penalties he has contributed very little imo.  

I tend to agree with this, particularly games passing him by.

The occasional flash of good play but he's never involved enough for me and I can't remember leaving a game enthused by his performance. 

I do attribute some of that to how he is being coached and deployed as doesn't seem to have a fixed position and role.

Not writing him off but there will have to be some substantial improvement following pre season for me to consider him a key player. 

rick witter

An absolute imposter! 

Half arsed attitude which in a team like ours is the last thing we need. Never once has he looked like he has came off the pitch tired. 

1 hour ago, JamboSpur said:

£10k a week apparently.

Do you believe that, mate?

2 minutes ago, rick witter said:

An absolute imposter! 

Half arsed attitude which in a team like ours is the last thing we need. Never once has he looked like he has came off the pitch tired. 

Keep up the good work Rick. Every post you make you make a bigger fool of yourself

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Keep up the good work Rick. Every post you make you make a bigger fool of yourself

It’s like he’s talking Italian sometimes.

Diadora Van Basten
1 hour ago, JamboSpur said:

£10k a week apparently.

That’s our standard wages for donkeys recruited of YouTube.

Kingston

Oshaniwa

Obua

Martin

It also explains why they don’t leave when they can’t get a game.

Diadora Van Basten
12 minutes ago, rick witter said:

An absolute imposter! 

That’s were I am as well.

Auld Reekin'
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It’s like he’s talking Italian sometimes.

An insult to Italians everywhere...

GettyImages-899946.jpg

Inch Hearts
27 minutes ago, rick witter said:

An absolute imposter! 

He came back from a serious injury early to help us at a time of need.  He’s done very well in his bed in season and I think he will be brilliant next season.  

rick witter
45 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

He doesn’t even stand out as one of the best in a mid table team. 

Typical JKB patter for trying to rally hate for a player:

- claim a false drinking fact

(I hear he likes to drink Stella out an 8 pint jug held in his left hand)

- claim he’s on a stupid figure

(on £15k so why would he leave?)

42 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

GettyImages-899946.jpg

Yoo talkin tooo me!! 

(Bobby De Niro) 

1 hour ago, Auld Reekin' said:

GettyImages-899946.jpg

My Papa never told me about right and wrong.

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

An absolute imposter! 

This. Clare is shite. 

1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

He came back from a serious injury early to help us at a time of need.  He’s done very well in his bed in season and I think he will be brilliant next season.  

Very well? For an attacking midfielder he's got what, 2 goals from open play? 2 assists? 

Performance is subjective but I can't recall watching him in a game where he put in a performance of note. 

He doesn't beat players at any regularity,  doesn't show any creativity in terms of passing etc.  In fact his decision making was poor and seemed to deteriorate as the season went on to the point when decent moves were breaking down at his feet regularly.  On top of that he often doesn't take responsibility with the ball and allows games to pass him by.

I actually think he's probably more a wingback / box to box midfielder than a 10 or attacking player. Athletic, decent technique but I don't see  much beyond that.  Worryingly after 30 games you'd expect to see something so really struggling to see where this faith that he'll suddenly be a revelation is coming from.

Phil Dunphy
2 hours ago, rick witter said:

An absolute imposter! 

Shut up Rick.

Just go one day without talking shite on here, cheers.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The match thread highlight of last season was someone suggesting a new song to Will Grigg's on fire, viz.

"Sean Clare is average, but he can take a penalty".

Never has a truer word been sung.

Phil Dunphy
33 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Very well? For an attacking midfielder he's got what, 2 goals from open play? 2 assists? 

Performance is subjective but I can't recall watching him in a game where he put in a performance of note. 

He doesn't beat players at any regularity,  doesn't show any creativity in terms of passing etc.  In fact his decision making was poor and seemed to deteriorate as the season went on to the point when decent moves were breaking down at his feet regularly.  On top of that he often doesn't take responsibility with the ball and allows games to pass him by.

I actually think he's probably more a wingback / box to box midfielder than a 10 or attacking player. Athletic, decent technique but I don't see  much beyond that.  Worryingly after 30 games you'd expect to see something so really struggling to see where this faith that he'll suddenly be a revelation is coming from.

Since he came into the team (first appearance was against Aberdeen in October), how many attacking players can you look at and say "he was good"?

I can't think of many.

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Since he came into the team (first appearance was against Aberdeen in October), how many attacking players can you look at and say "he was good"?

I can't think of many.

I can't either. Uche had a few effective performances. Mulraney did o.k. towards the end of the season but even then only put in a couple of performances where he put it all together.

I think its shows, Naismith aside, that our recruitment in the last third was incredibly poor and I include Clare in that assessment.

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Would you care to try it ?

Ooft.

Back of the Wheatfield.

Phil Dunphy
2 minutes ago, bistokid said:

I can't either. Uche had a few effective performances. Mulraney did o.k. towards the end of the season but even then only put in a couple of performances where he put it all together.

I think its shows, Naismith aside, that our recruitment in the last third was incredibly poor and I include Clare in that assessment.

"incredibly poor".

:cornette:

"incredibly poor".

:cornette:

Naismith was very good. Uche was quite good. After that we had very little in terms of creativity, width and pace and that was born out in our goal difference and overall performance from October on wards. 

You disagree?

Phil Dunphy
2 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Naismith was very good. Uche was quite good. After that we had very little in terms of creativity, width and pace and that was born out in our goal difference and overall performance from October on wards. 

You disagree?

Nope.

I completely reject that our final third recruitment was "incredibly poor". We signed players with obvious technical ability and they suffered from a chronic lack of confidence born out of a rotten run of form.

Nope.

I completely reject that our final third recruitment was "incredibly poor". We signed players with obvious technical ability and they suffered from a chronic lack of confidence born out of a rotten run of form.

Okay, well I didn't see anything in the other players over the course of 8 months to suggest they'd turn into potent attacking threats and that's pretty much all I (or anyone?) has to go on.  I'd personally prefer not to gamble on the view that it was a run of form (almost of a full season) that was purely down to confidence issues. I'd rather we bring in better players. 

Phil Dunphy
7 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Okay, well I didn't see anything in the other players over the course of 8 months to suggest they'd turn into potent attacking threats and that's pretty much all I (or anyone?) has to go on.  I'd personally prefer not to gamble on the view that it was a run of form (almost of a full season) that was purely down to confidence issues. I'd rather we bring in better players. 

Plenty of people saw enough from the likes of Clare to agree that he would benefit from a preseason and some better players around him.

You say Uche was quite good. Scored the same number of league goals as Sean Clare. Someone you're for binning off already.

gashauskis9
4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Plenty of people saw enough from the likes of Clare to agree that he would benefit from a preseason and some better players around him.

You say Uche was quite good. Scored the same number of league goals as Sean Clare. Someone you're for binning off already.

Spot on ?

Uche was effective (at times) beyond goals. That's not to say I think he was beyond criticism. 

I see a few people echoing those views on Clare, seems to be a mixed view on him. I haven't read anything to change my view. Maybe I am missing something but it's not been articulated - just that 'there is a player there' and 'he will come good'. Which was my point originally - there's very little to point to that backs that up.

Absolute Scenes
43 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Would you care to try it ?

I’d be arrested for man handling a child

Phil Dunphy
7 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Uche was effective (at times) beyond goals. That's not to say I think he was beyond criticism. 

I see a few people echoing those views on Clare, seems to be a mixed view on him. I haven't read anything to change my view. Maybe I am missing something but it's not been articulated - just that 'there is a player there' and 'he will come good'. Which was my point originally - there's very little to point to that backs that up.

His two very good goals against Livingston and Kilmarnock back it up.

People think he's just a penalty taker.