Sean Clare

braveheart

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The team is restricted in all they do tho JD. I refuse to believe that they are happy on that field. A team needs strong management but they also need to play to their strengths. Those players will want to attack, I know this because they are footballers. It is a footballers nature to go forward. Just like flies are attracted to the lightbulb a player is attracted to the goal. The players look restrained and miserable.

Very few players will say bad stuff about Levein, his players tend to like him. I get he’s quite a negative minded manager but why doesn’t he produce at home against Dundee or St Mirren then? 

Cmon man he’s another duff signing. 

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• Bridge of Djoum

• Inch Hearts

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

As with any player right now I'll reserve judgement until we have a manager that can actually improve players and accommodate them in their tactics. I am convinced Levein is tactically inept and is just happy if the run a lot and get 'involved'

Jambof3tornado
16 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Sorry, this is nonsense. He's lazy. That's not coached in, or out of him. He hides during games, you can see with his movement when he doesn't fancy it. 

It's not all CL fault.

If he's lazy during games but the coaches do nothing, thats down to the coaches.

tokyowalnut
Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

If he's lazy during games but the coaches do nothing, thats down to the coaches.

Players have to have a bit of self respect as well though. Ok, if they dont like the coaches or management, but they are out there getting paid for doing a job. If they work harder there's more chance of getting noticed and getting a move away. 

Jambof3tornado

Last night is the first I've heard the bench vent their spleen at Clare. Lack of competition for key places doesnt help us I suppose.

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

He is on a hiding to nothing. Counting the square passes our midfield do in a game is getting as effective as counting sheep for falling asleep 

I do the same with the passes that we play that put our own players straight into trouble. A pass that’s too short, into their wrong foot, into their feet when they aren’t showing for the ball etc. Love listening to the old boys in section G moan cause Clare, who wasn’t the pass on, gets the ball smashed into him, with a man on him, into his wrong foot and can’t instantly make something amazing happen. Sub in Lee/Bozanic/Cochrane/Djoum and repeat. 

Gary Locke

Ive defended him since he has came in but Easter Road and last night showed he’s either not good enough or not interested, just walks about the pitch no urgency to get involved you wouldn’t play him in the final incase he hides all game

chester copperpot
7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I can't shake the feeling that he will come good.  I feel for him as he may as well go out in shackles every week as he is so restricted under Levein and whatever the other guys are.  He, at this stage is simply not performing. He is in a very poor team, with a very poor squad under diabolical management.

Almost a positive post. Someone has stolen your phone mate. 

When are the “there’s a player in there” usual suspects going to wake up to the fact that Clare is a lazy imposter!!!

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Last night is the first I've heard the bench vent their spleen at Clare. Lack of competition for key places doesnt help us I suppose.

Not before time!!!!

5 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

*******s! Reclaimed it now mate. Normal service resumed.

Boooo Budge.

BOBTHEBRUCE
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

The team is restricted in all they do tho JD. I refuse to believe that they are happy on that field. A team needs strong management but they also need to play to their strengths. Those players will want to attack, I know this because they are footballers. It is a footballers nature to go forward. Just like flies are attracted to the lightbulb a player is attracted to the goal. The players look restrained and miserable.

Fair point there. 

I think it's a mixture of that and Clare being pish. 

maroonsgotop
45 minutes ago, Taffin said:

File under Bjorn Johnsen

is that the same Bjorn Johnsen that left Hearts (after apparently being punched by Cathro) for ADO Den Haag and scored 19 in 34 games which got him a $2.62m transfer to AZ where he's scored 5 in 20. Since he left us he's also scored 3 goals for Norway. Be great if Clare matches that type of record 

Edited by maroonsgotop

Jambof3tornado
52 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Not before time!!!!

To be fair at home games we are in the wheatfield stand so well away from dugouts so he maybe has been barked at before now.

27 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

To be fair at home games we are in the wheatfield stand so well away from dugouts so he maybe has been barked at before now.

He should bother barking at him - just punt the lazy poser!!!

Jambo-Jimbo
40 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

is that the same Bjorn Johnsen that left Hearts (after apparently being punched by Cathro) for ADO Den Haag and scored 19 in 34 games which got him a $2.62m transfer to AZ where he's scored 5 in 20. Since he left us he's also scored 3 goals for Norway. Be great if Clare matches that type of record 

Yip, we definitely messed up big time there.

Jambo-Jimbo

He's regressed to what he was like when he first came here, looks scared to put a tackle in, indeed looks scared of the ball and in the last few games seems to just want to hide.

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

File under Bjorn Johnsen

Doesn’t look like winning even the SPFL player of the month award, never mind the subsequent multi-million pound move, unfortunately. 

7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

He's regressed to what he was like when he first came here, looks scared to put a tackle in, indeed looks scared of the ball and in the last few games seems to just want to hide.

He is what he was when he came here - a lazy imposter and that is not going to now change!!!!

Toxteth O'Grady
9 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Correct - I've seen more Heart on a 1980's jukebox

indianajones
2 hours ago, Taffin said:

File under Bjorn Johnsen

A decent player being wasted by our terrible management? 

bobskeldon

After a couple of games, I stated that he looked like someone who had won a football competition whilst on holiday (and got pelters from all the football gurus on here). Now I am convinced, he never won it, he was the only entrant!!!

chester copperpot
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

*******s! Reclaimed it now mate. Normal service resumed.

Boooo Budge.

:lol:

I can see CL trying to freeze in him out next season if we bring in a few other decent players.  However, he's such a lazy git, that I can see him sitting back and happy to pick up his wages for no effort.  Maluary Martin 2.

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

It's not a positive post. 

It's a underhand way of saying CL is shite. 

Trying to punt the line that Clare is a good player but CL, the team and tactics are making him shite. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Yoda said:

I can see CL trying to freeze in him out next season if we bring in a few other decent players.  However, he's such a lazy git, that I can see him sitting back and happy to pick up his wages for no effort.  Maluary Martin 2.

Nah, if Naismith is fitands we get another few players he'll be used as he was planned to be used. 

He was never mean't to play as many games or as many games so quickly but Naismith being injured along with DV being poor as mean't he probably played too much, too soon. 

Some players would grasp that opportunity tho, Clare seems hesitant(being polite) 

Is it confidence, ability, character.... Iazyness... I don't really know. 

While I do think we’ll see the best of Clare next season, he is undoubtedly a player that likes to hide during games, and often doesn’t work hard enough for the team. He needs to improve dramatically or his career will go rapidly downhill.

1 hour ago, amadjambo said:

While I do think we’ll see the best of Clare next season, he is undoubtedly a player that likes to hide during games, and often doesn’t work hard enough for the team. He needs to improve dramatically or his career will go rapidly downhill.

So what exactly is going to change with Clare next season????

1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Trying to punt the line that Clare is a good player but CL, the team and tactics are making him shite. 

So is Clare just shite then?

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So what exactly is going to change with Clare next season????

Attitude wise? Absolutely no idea if anything will change.

But I’d expect him to be fitter and to perform better with a pre-season under his belt and having had time to settle up here. I also hope we have a new coaching team in place and a far better team.

11 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Attitude wise? Absolutely no idea if anything will change.

But I’d expect him to be fitter and to perform better with a pre-season under his belt and having had time to settle up here. I also hope we have a new coaching team in place and a far better team.

Are you seriously suggesting after playing virtually for the whole season that he is not fit by now????

If we get a new manager Clare will not get the teachers pet treatment and I’ll bet he will be out on his ear!

chester copperpot
9 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Ok ya hoorhound. P.s still drunk ???

chuck berrys hairline

Think he only gets a game cause people feel sorry for him. Which ticks Ann's boxes for being inclusive ?Needs half an hour to decide what to do with the ball don't get that time up here. Rather people played on merit rather than their story. Aidy White is another although he's not played yet

Edited by chuck berrys hairline

1 hour ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Think he only gets a game cause people feel sorry for him. Which ticks Ann's boxes for being inclusive ?Needs half an hour to decide what to do with the ball don't get that time up here. Rather people played on merit rather than their story. Aidy White is another although he's not played yet

Perhaps you are mixing two different ideas of being inclusive. The term is mostly used in relation to having an inclusive and welcoming culture for supporters, e.g. as opposed to having a support where various types of bigotry is manifest. That’s got zilch to do with who gets in the team.

Are you suggesting that ‘being inclusive’ is a bad thing? Do you have an alternative? Who should we exclude?

Where has A Budge (or anyone else for that matter) suggested that team selection should be ‘inclusive’?

Anyway, being  properly inclusive means selecting people based only on merit. 

Back to the topic, Clare. I think he has shown himself to have talent and potential, with some great moments. He also seems at times to fade out of games. I think he’s well worth persevering with, but then I enjoy seeing talent emerge. 

We we need to get behind the team even more in the hard times. That’s me being inclusive.

Nookie Bear

He will be here next season but it should be (initially) on the bench and then we can see what happens. 

We cant afford simply to jettison every player who is underperforming right now and there has to be a modicum of patience. 

1 hour ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

This is true.  We signed Clare because he is black, born in Hackney, and was stuck in Sheffield which I'd imagine is worse than the first two.  Aidy White is from Yorkshire, is half-irish, and injured since Orgreave.  He is also called Aidy which I'd imagine is worse than Sheffield.

We should remember some success stories.  We rescued Michael Smith from Sheffield, and son-of-millionaire Olly Lee from Luton.  We even persuaded Uche not to use his actual first name (Karl) so that it would look like we had a proper African up front.

It is just a shame we are not able to be inclusive with all the fans, and have been forced to shut a section of the stadium due to the dutch communist starting a fire on the pitch.

Edited by WageThief
x

Alex Kintner
31 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

He will be here next season but it should be (initially) on the bench and then we can see what happens. 

We cant afford simply to jettison every player who is underperforming right now and there has to be a modicum of patience. 

:greatpost:

I don’t think it is fair to judge any of the players with the current situation we are in. The squad is bereft of confidence, there’s no leadership on the pitch and tactically we seem lost. It’s no surprise players like Brandon, Clare, Cochrane, Burns and Wighton aren’t flourishing.

Edited by To Be Frank

29 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I don’t think it is fair to judge any of the players with the current situation we are in. The squad is bereft of confidence, there’s no leadership on the pitch and tactically we seem lost. It’s no surprise players like Brandon, Clare, Cochrane, Burns and Wighton aren’t flourishing.

This is 100% correct. I recall Hartley and Pressley being poor in their first seasons and if f folk had their way they would have been punted based in Clare’s time so far!

Folk need to realise that fitness, adjustment to style of football, new league, lack of confidence, personal issues can all impact on performance. He’s a good player and has shown it. With the correct application, desire and willingness to work he can and will improve with a settled team and role defined.

Edited by Gavman81

pettigrewsstylist

The boys got it.... 

Just cannae find it.....

Can we be arsed paying him to keep looking?....

27 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Far too balanced and reasonable for this place. Hysteria is the currency here don’t you know. Next season will be different undoubtedly. We should all be concentrating on our Hampden appearance just now and getting behind the players. 

sandylejambo

If any players hide I don't think they should be professional footballers, Clare hides every week and is still getting on the team sheet. It is ridiculous that my season ticket money is helping to pay the wages of a player who can't be arsed doing his job, I know he has a contract but him and the management should be persuaded to GTF and let's bring in football players who want to sweat at the very minimum.

scotty2442

He’s a strange signing, not because he doesn’t have ability, it’s clear he has ability and potential (keep in mind he’s still a young lad as well) 

But he was a strange signing based on the type of football and the tactics that Craig Levein uses

He will NEVER be a player we’ll see the best of whilst we continue to play hoofball,  he’s a footballer, he likes the ball in to his feet and to play with other footballers around him who also want the ball back into their feet (sounds quite simply eh?) 

In a team where we actually keep the ball on the ground and attempt to play attractive football I genuinely think he could be a cracking player (hate to say it but he’d probably do well across the city) 

We criticise players a lot on here, but I think at the moment most of our problems come down to the management team,  we look like we are fielding a team full of strangers just now, and the management team just seem to be tactically inept. 

Captain Canada

As I've said already in this thread, he's been very poor lately. However, people saying he hides during matches should think about how he's often used out wide and is given little or no service.

Invariably the ball is hit long from the back and when it's not, our wingers get a ball to their feet around the halfway line with a man closing them down. 

Yes, he could undoubtedly show more urgency and passion, but I believe we saw the best of him when Naismith played in the team. I don't know if he's got it in him to come good consistently but I'd rather have him in the team than Wighton. 

It's disappointing that the two players we invested money in are clearly struggling to make a positive impact. 

22 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Surely no one is still sticking to the "boys a player" mantra. The guy doesn't have what it takes to be a top footballer. He'd be decent in the league 2, or playing fives at Sighthill.

Everytime Hearts massively big a player up when they arrive, they end up being shite.

I think there is a player if he put in more effort very lazy player 

He's meant to be a box to box midfielder with good attacking attributes. Capable of playing a number of positions.

Haven't seen it yet although there have been flashes that suggest he could be what he was originally billed as. 

Hasn't got much around him to get the best out of him though. 

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

This is the biggest problem. Teams with young players and a lot of new signings need someone on the pitch to shout and encourage. When we lost Naismith to injury it was more than his football we lost.

Berra doesn't do this effectively especially for the forward players, Stephen Pressley was particularly good at this when Berra was coming through at Hearts, he was always coaching him through games. 

I feel sorry for the young players coming in to this team because there doesn't seem to be anyone to look to when the game gets tough.