• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• Bridge of Djoum

• Inch Hearts

Long Tall Sally

Seen more application and effort from 16 year old Aaron Hickey in 30 minutes than from Clare in 90.

Losing patience with him it has to be said. 

7 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Where's the skill? I'd love to see it.

Its what people who like him say to justify liking him. Not having a go at Deevers though.  It’s people who refuse to see that overall he’s not got it. 

Rocky jamboa
38 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Just go back a few thousand pages and there were a quite a few praising him.. I’m pro Clare, there’s no doubt he’s got something but I fear his perceived and often real lack of application is turning the majority against him. It’s not too late and I really hope he can be honest with himself. 

We sign so many players like this though, that we think will come good but never do. Tzolis and oshinawa are two that immediately spring to mind. 

Our recruitment process is absolutely atrocious. Cant wait for the whole management team and scouting network to leave and have a fresh start. 

I do see a player in there in an attacking sense he has something but his workrate is shocking 

Defending at set pieces is brutal 

Don’t think he will make it at any decent level too lazy 

He has not been great. I don’t think our style of play (if you can call it that) suits him either.

1 hour ago, Sydney Devine said:

A pointless player. Offers absolutely nothing.

Like most of Levein's signings unfortunately.

Maple Leaf
2 hours ago, HillmanHearts said:

Anonymous tonight. Not for the first time.

His ability from the spot will probably just about get him a place in the cup final squad.

Does anyone think we'll get a penalty against Celtic in the Final? 

Clare you can piss off aswell.. absolute passenger. English championship?? League 2 more like.  Pick and choose your games few and far between now **** off

CloustonHMFC
48 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Does anyone think we'll get a penalty against Celtic in the Final? 

Think it’ll probably be more in case we get to penalties. 

He’s undoubtedly got something, but playing under the tactics of a dinosaur and his inept coaches has sucked the life of of him (as it has other players- thinking Demi Mitchell for starters).

Even an average manager would get more out of him. 

Honestly think we’d be better with Martin or sammon in the team than this boy, had high hopes for him but he’s a disaster.

chester copperpot

I have never bought into this 'player's shite' concept.

He should be grabbing games by the scruff of the neck. He isn't, so in this instance I think he's shite too.

Shame, as I reckon we are paying him as a high earner (5k a week I believe). 

I want more from him. He isn't delivering that so far!

Complete passenger for 99% of the time he’s on the pitch. Nice wee bits of skill once in a blue moon doesn’t make you a good player. I had high hopes for this lad after listening to Levein rave about him when he signed but he’s been a huge letdown so far. 

I can't shake the feeling that he will come good.  I feel for him as he may as well go out in shackles every week as he is so restricted under Levein and whatever the other guys are.  He, at this stage is simply not performing. He is in a very poor team, with a very poor squad under diabolical management.

The new Cameron, really. He should be flying by now if he had something about him. Luxury players are usually capable of something special, I do not see it with Clare and never have. Lack of effort in a maroon jersey is the most unacceptable part for me though. I get the "he will come good"/"project" theory, as that was what we all hoped for. But he needs to start producing. Milinkovic was much more productive in a similar role, yet he frustrated the manager. Maybe his data/stats weren't good. Colin Cameron's legend status is safe, oh for another.

highlandjambo3
10 hours ago, Burford Jamtart said:

He is dreadful, game after game does absolutely nothing.  Not helped being surrounded by little to play off but just don’t see anything to get me excited.  

I’m here.....

I’ve been kidding myself saying one more game, just one more game and he’ll come good, I can no longer keep saying that time and time again, he’s not up to it at all, whatever promise he had shown to get signed up is gone (if it was ever there).

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I can't shake the feeling that he will come good.  I feel for him as he may as well go out in shackles every week as he is so restricted under Levein and whatever the other guys are.  He, at this stage is simply not performing. He is in a very poor team, with a very poor squad under diabolical management.

Maybe, but he does play with such a dreadful turn of passionless mediocrity most of the time.

However, I am with you - the back drop of frustrating, depressing, anger inspiring joyless football hasn’t helped.

If the management status quo remains we can no doubt expect more witheringly valueless performances next season - Followed quickly by an exit to Rochdale or Southend United and then on to the Conference National.

This is some shape we’re in.

Edited by alfajambo

He floats about. Maybe annoyed at the style of play but he is contributing nothing right now. A slow jog back into our box to defend but he just stands watching. 

His free kick at the end last night summed him up.

Can take a penalty and corner. That’s about it. Two things that are rare for Hearts these days. 

He’s definitely got ability but he’s massively underperforming atm and not justifying his place. Whenever I think of players that would benefit from a change in manager and style of play he’s usually the first name on the list.

He looks like a player that 100% does not want to be here 

I 100% don't want him here either? so lets agree to move you on in the summer Sean 

Best of Luck 

He looks like every other Hearts player just now really unhappy at work, every time they take to the field I get the feeling they are completely P'd off at having to be there.

Mr Kipling
11 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Our recruitment process is absolutely atrocious. Cant wait for the whole management team and scouting network to leave and have a fresh start. 

Yes, exactly.

jack D and coke
36 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

He looks like a player that 100% does not want to be here 

I 100% don't want him here either? so lets agree to move you on in the summer Sean 

Best of Luck 

That’s possibly the reason. 

The other reason I’m thinking is is that he thinks he’s much better than he actually is. He lacks desire and effort enormously.  Levein should be demanding peformances out of him yet he’s allowed to jog around most weeks almost doing what he pleases then he gets picked again, on what basis is his continual selection? Look at his patter before that free kick last night! Prancing about like he’s Ronaldo over the ball then hilariously blazes it over the bar. 

Has shown virtually nothing in half a season bar he takes a nice penalty. 

Can leave anytime he likes for me. 

7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

He’s undoubtedly got something, but playing under the tactics of a dinosaur and his inept coaches has sucked the life of of him (as it has other players- thinking Demi Mitchell for starters).

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

11 hours ago, NB GIN said:

I do see a player in there in an attacking sense he has something but his workrate is shocking 

Defending at set pieces is brutal 

Don’t think he will make it at any decent level too lazy 

Christ, I agree with I8, among others... 

There's definitely a player in Clare. When he is on the ball with a little time to look up he can glide along and pass opposition players effortlessly. 

I don't know if he lacks heart, confidence or both. I don't want write him off yet. A new manager (and I'd say it would have to be an experienced manager) might be able to get more out of him. We beat a lot of clubs to get him signed - not all the scouts are wrong. 

Edited by blairdin

AlphonseCapone

Surely no one is still sticking to the "boys a player" mantra. The guy doesn't have what it takes to be a top footballer. He'd be decent in the league 2, or playing fives at Sighthill.

Everytime Hearts massively big a player up when they arrive, they end up being shite.

I have been, and still am, a huge supporter of Sean, but recently he has looked well off the pace in games.

He started to show what he is capable of but I think the extremely low morale amongst the squad is having an effect on him. 

I still believe he'll be a stand-out under a new manager that wants to play on-the-deck attacking football with attacking players.

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

He plays like a player fed up of being asked to play a role and style he doesn’t like, like many in the side. Four players touch the ball the most in our side, the goal keeper, the two centre backs and who ever the long ball target is, everyone else is just there to try win the ball back so they can restart the process. The amount of times we get the ball wide, if at all, and there is one person in the box or showing short. We have no overloads or overlaps so players like mulraney and Clare have two options, turn back and start again or try beat two/three players then try pick a pin point cross to the one person in the box, if there even is one person in there. When the whole objective of our set up is to stop the opposition then players like Clare, Lee, Mulraney and MacLean are wasted in the side. 

22 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

He plays like a player fed up of being asked to play a role and style he doesn’t like, like many in the side. Four players touch the ball the most in our side, the goal keeper, the two centre backs and who ever the long ball target is, everyone else is just there to try win the ball back so they can restart the process. The amount of times we get the ball wide, if at all, and there is one person in the box or showing short. We have no overloads or overlaps so players like mulraney and Clare have two options, turn back and start again or try beat two/three players then try pick a pin point cross to the one person in the box, if there even is one person in there. When the whole objective of our set up is to stop the opposition then players like Clare, Lee, Mulraney and MacLean are wasted in the side. 

He is on a hiding to nothing. Counting the square passes our midfield do in a game is getting as effective as counting sheep for falling asleep 

I don’t get all this guff about crap team, and playing out of position. Doesn’t take much to show passion, drive, energy. 

How many times is he in the open, and he miscontrols or takes the wrong decision. He is the most gutless player Ive seen in a long time. 

Ability is only useful, but if you don’t have the basics you will never make it. 

Ive never really rated him, and we can’t keep saying he will come good soon. He offers nothing, and is powder puff. 

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

I have been, and still am, a huge supporter of Sean, but recently he has looked well off the pace in games.

He started to show what he is capable of but I think the extremely low morale amongst the squad is having an effect on him. 

I still believe he'll be a stand-out under a new manager that wants to play on-the-deck attacking football with attacking players.

44 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

He is on a hiding to nothing. Counting the square passes our midfield do in a game is getting as effective as counting sheep for falling asleep 

Then demand the ball and do these

driving runs we were told he was capable of!! Is he waiting for someone else? He told us he likened himself Delle Alli well where is there any evidence of this? Top players have desire and drive their team on. He hasn’t got the minerals. 

Did someone really compare him to Colin Cameron? LOOOOOOL? Cameron gave 110% every time he stepped foot on the pitch and did so with skill, class and just pure drive. Clare is an impostor. 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Impact player only. Can't start in the final

The only thing he impacts on is my ****ing mood. ***** of a player. 

AlphonseCapone

He'd be a cracking cult leader tbf, so many folk believe in him based on nothing. 

16 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Then demand the ball and do these

driving runs we were told he was capable of!! Is he waiting for someone else? He told us he likened himself Delle Alli well where is there any evidence of this? Top players have desire and drive their team on. He hasn’t got the minerals. 

They are prisoners who need freed.

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

They are prisoners who need freed.

Clare looks like he gets a free role to me. He’s never in the same position twice in game. Levein has been far too patient with him he needs demands placed on him. Tell him you want to see him dropping deep and picking it up and driving forward. His performances have been pathetic.     

Jambof3tornado
12 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

He has not been great. I don’t think our style of play (if you can call it that) suits him either.

We have a style????

jack D and coke
16 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

He'd be a cracking cult leader tbf, so many folk believe in him based on nothing. 

:lol: 

29 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

:rofl:

tokyowalnut
9 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Sorry, this is nonsense. He's lazy. That's not coached in, or out of him. He hides during games, you can see with his movement when he doesn't fancy it. 

It's not all CL fault.

18 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Clare looks like he gets a free role to me. He’s never in the same position twice in game. Levein has been far too patient with him he needs demands placed on him. Tell him you want to see him dropping deep and picking it up and driving forward. His performances have been pathetic.     

The team is restricted in all they do tho JD. I refuse to believe that they are happy on that field. A team needs strong management but they also need to play to their strengths. Those players will want to attack, I know this because they are footballers. It is a footballers nature to go forward. Just like flies are attracted to the lightbulb a player is attracted to the goal. The players look restrained and miserable.