• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• Bridge of Djoum

• Inch Hearts

5 hours ago, hisnameis said:

If Sean Clare was that good there would be no debate about it. The fact that he has so many critics speaks volumes. Have said before that he has ability but doesn’t always display the will to use it. The fact that he scored the winner yesterday proves SFA either way. Man of the match performances on a regular basis will do that. I await with hope rather than expectation.

With respect that is bullshit.

Nearly every hearts player is ripped to shit on here by the JKB galacticos 

Some didn’t want Rudi back, some didn’t want Naismith back 

About 30% of this board have a good idea about football. The rest are just typical Scottish slavers and speak like they would at a game about a player.

Edited by Jammy T

12 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Scores the winner in a tough game, folk still can't wait to slag him.

Pathetic.

Pathetic is spot on, imo.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Down the table we are 4th equal, talk about half empty glasses, 

I think he was referring to our descent from the top spot.

SpruceBringsteen
4 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Now now. Behave???

Tbf I wanted someone to call me on it.

Takes about 4 seconds on the old bit Google. :whistling:

6 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I think he was referring to our descent from the top spot.

Hearts fans would not want to see a league table with just the games since Clare’s debut. However, I have conceded that there have been other factors which have contributed hugely such as Naismith’s injury and several huge refereeing decisions that didn’t go our way early on in our poor run of form.

This lad can go one of two ways. He can deal with the early, deserved criticism, grow a huge pair and become a Paul Hartley or he can continue to show what he’s capable in flashes and become a bit of a rich man’s Denis Wyness. 

I used those two players as they were paraded together, as you’ll know if you’ve listened to Paul Hartley with Si Ferry. I wonder if Levein ripped into Clare for his early performances like he did Hartley, which was the making of him.

2 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Hearts fans would not want to see a league table with just the games since Clare’s debut. However, I have conceded that there have been other factors which have contributed hugely such as Naismith’s injury and several huge refereeing decisions that didn’t go our way early on in our poor run of form.

This lad can go one of two ways. He can deal with the early, deserved criticism, grow a huge pair and become a Paul Hartley or he can continue to show what he’s capable in flashes and become a bit of a rich man’s Denis Wyness. 

I used those two players as they were paraded together, as you’ll know if you’ve listened to Paul Hartley with Si Ferry. I wonder if Levein ripped into Clare for his early performances like he did Hartley, which was the making of him.

So Craig Levein rips into Paul Hartley age 27 with 267 senior appearances behind him and you're comparing this to his treatment of our 'very, very average' Sean Clare:laugh:

Back to the comparisons drawing board for you.

What is very, very average by the way?

is it above or below average, or maybe just average?

Edited by Rudolf

9 hours ago, Jammy T said:

About 30% of this board have a good idea about football. The rest are just typical Scottish slavers and speak like they would at a game about a player.

I agree, every player has his critics. I did not mean if he was that good he would have 100 % backing from every fan but from what I have seen he has more critics than fans. Perhaps, Levein was guilty of bigging him at the start. Bottom line is he just doesn't do enough to justify his rep, for me. With respect my opinion is not "bullshit".

10 hours ago, Jammy T said:

About 30% of this board have a good idea about football. The rest are just typical Scottish slavers and speak like they would at a game about an opposition player.

FTFY

bringonthesevco
10 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Down the table we are 4th equal, talk about half empty glasses, 

4th equal , or as everyone else calls it 5th ......

3 hours ago, Rudolf said:

So Craig Levein rips into Paul Hartley age 27 with 267 senior appearances behind him and you're comparing this to his treatment of our 'very, very average' Sean Clare:laugh:

Back to the comparisons drawing board for you.

What is very, very average by the way?

is it above or below average, or maybe just average?

Ok then, I’ll indulge you.

I explained why I used Hartley and Wyness. They both signed at the same time and are almost polar opposites when you look back on their Hearts careers. Both had very very bad starts, but due to one having the heart of a lion and the other having the heart of a mouse one became a hero and the other was consigned to the list of good players who didn’t have the mentality to be a Hearts player. This for me, is Sean Clare’s choice. Either he finds something I’ve not seen from within himself or he becomes a guy like Wyness, who showed it in flashes but just didn’t have what it takes.

As for very very average, Sean Clare’s good points v his bad points are cancelling each other out at the moment. I trust you know what average means? The second very is for emphasis as, to me, his good points are almost exactly being cancelled out by his bad at the moment. If he continues improve, as I’ve conceded he has, he’ll become good, then hopefully very good and then very very good before gaining Paul Hartley status and making us a fortune. ?

40 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Ok then, I’ll indulge you.

I explained why I used Hartley and Wyness. They both signed at the same time and are almost polar opposites when you look back on their Hearts careers. Both had very very bad starts, but due to one having the heart of a lion and the other having the heart of a mouse one became a hero and the other was consigned to the list of good players who didn’t have the mentality to be a Hearts player. This for me, is Sean Clare’s choice. Either he finds something I’ve not seen from within himself or he becomes a guy like Wyness, who showed it in flashes but just didn’t have what it takes.

As for very very average, Sean Clare’s good points v his bad points are cancelling each other out at the moment. I trust you know what average means? The second very is for emphasis as, to me, his good points are almost exactly being cancelled out by his bad at the moment. If he continues improve, as I’ve conceded he has, he’ll become good, then hopefully very good and then very very good before gaining Paul Hartley status and making us a fortune. ?

It was your Levein ripping into Hartley analogy I was getting at.

You can't compare an experienced 27 year old getting a ripping to a 22 year old with barely any senior games under his belt.

Did Hartley develop his 'heart of a lion' at age 27 after Levein ripped into him or did he always have it but was just very, very average until then?

As you say, here's hoping Clare kicks on and makes us a few bob:2thumbsup:

Hearts fans always seem quick to defend younger players, like Wighton who are IMO clearly poor players.  The excuse always seems to be they're playing shite because the team is.  I think Clare actually is one of these players though, you can see his individual talent on the park.  I wasn't his biggest fan when he first joined and didn't think he contributed enough but he is growing more and more into a first team role.  It depends what expectations you had of him but he seems about the only player who will actually maybe get you off your seat a bit.

Prior to his injury naismith had a couple stinkers too, it doesn't make him a poor player.

He was probably a victim of being overhyped, as i can't see why any EPL teams would be interested in him but i think he's turning out to be a good first team player for us.  Hopefully he can slot in in Naismith's absence well, might've not been the prettiest goal but he's definitely off to a good start.

3 minutes ago, Morph said:

he seems about the only player who will actually maybe get you off your seat a bit.

:spoton:

Much like Milinkovic in that respect. Another who was panned as shite... or Suso... or Miko... or...

10 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

He could score a hatrick againt partick tomorrow and would still be labeled as shite on here.

Drifted in and out of the game in between scoring the three goals. Shite.

Mr Elwood P

I’d be quite keen to see this team. 

Zlamal 

Godinho Souttar Berra Garrucio 

Haring.     Djoum 

Morrison    Clare      Wighton

Uche 

The attacking three all seem to like to travel forward with the ball and I think it would bring the best out of both Clare and Uche. Would also be keen on 4-4-2 with Uche with either Wighton / Keena.

Again looked very good tonight, barely gave the ball away, some great driving runs and always moving the ball quickly and purposefully. Very assured penalty and should have been allowed to take the second one. 

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

He is becoming quite an important player for us.

You feeling ok? Did the rain n wind give ya a head chill

Edited by sadj

Played the Naismith role very well tonight. I didn’t see the pen (Can’t bear to watch anymore). Anyone that can’t see him improving isn’t watching the games (like me with the pens)

Edited by Jamhammer

Man of the match for me.  If Naismith goes Clare should slot in there perfectly.  Thought he looked shite when he first arrived but he’s found good form now.  Think hes very much a confidence player so hopefully he can keep scoring. 

He was absolutely sensational in the deeper role. Dictated play.

We’re going to Hampden thanks to this man.

StevenNaismith

Not gonna get too carried away as it was against Partick Thistle, but that was one of the finest central midfield performances I’ve seen from a Hearts player in many a year. Keep it up ??

wattie exploited
12 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Would’ve been my man of the match but for Uche. Great performance tonight. 

:spoton: thought he had a great game tonight, mind you it was only Partick Thistle but played well tonight :HeartsManspotrun:

Thought he was exceptional tonight. Never wasted a ball. Took his penalty superbly. Should have taken the second one too, then I wouldn't have gotten more grey hairs! ?

10 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

:spoton: thought he had a great game tonight, mind you it was only Partick Thistle but played well tonight :HeartsManspotrun:

Pretty much. You aren’t closed down as quick v 1st division teams or met with as physical a battle.

Expected most of our players to be a notch or two better than Partick’s  .

heartsfc_fan

Played very well. Pleased for the lad as he's had to prove a lot of doubters wrong.

One of the first names on the team sheet now.

43 minutes ago, JyTees said:

When he gets in his stride he looks unplayable. Glides across the surface. 

Needs to play centrally.

Nah, he’s got the heart of a pea according to the champ managers on here. 

Played much better and kept himself involved in the game tonight.

Crisp penalty and I wish to feck he had taken the second one and saved us all a horrendous last 5 minutes!!!