Sean Clare

braveheart

Captain Canada

Yet again folk blame Clare rather than the manager who keeps playing him out of position. He's a central attacking midfielder and has said many times that's his best position. 

He didn't play very well tonight but at least he almost scored from open play - a rarity these days. 

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• Bridge of Djoum

• Inch Hearts

7 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

We'd create a lot more without him right enough. 1 woeful shot on goal and 1 very decent one tonight. That's, pretty much 2 more shots than anyone else even tried. One of the only players we have who can and actually does run forwards with the ball. Sean Clare is nowhere near our biggest problem IMO

This 

Clare just drifts out of the game too many times for me.

He had the chance to kill the game before halftime and just made a total erse of it.

I think he will remain a controversial character with fans for the rest of his contract.

jack D and coke
32 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Yet again folk blame Clare rather than the manager who keeps playing him out of position. He's a central attacking midfielder and has said many times that's his best position. 

He didn't play very well tonight but at least he almost scored from open play - a rarity these days. 

It doesn’t seem to matter what position he starts in he turns up in strange places. Sometimes he appears in deep defensive areas when your left scratching your head as to why. A game like tonight is the ones you need him to make a real impact, thistle are utter pish and he barely showed. It’s just not good enough but he’s far from the only one. A quite woeful performance. 

Walter Bishop

Sean Clare, when played through the middle is our 2nd best attacking player, Naismith only one better than him. 

Edited by Walter Bishop

BRAVEHEART1874

scored again today think he is better through the middle, wasted out right 

jamboinglasgow
16 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Sean Clare, when played through the middle is our 2nd best attacking player, Naismith only one better than him. 

He is really good at dribbling and going through the middle means it causes defences problem, we need to use him behind the strikers.

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He is really good at dribbling and going through the middle means it causes defences problem, we need to use him behind the strikers.

I think you’re right. He is best going forward. 

Beautiful. Love Sean Clare. 

20 goals next season with our new manager. Mark my words. 

Some utter morons in our support. Sean Clare is a quality footballer, and when played through the middle is our 2nd best attacker. Glad he got the winner, get it right up the haters.

Cruyff Turn

I thought he did ok. Our only real threat from midfield, shows some fantastic ability in flashes. The style of football isn’t helping him. Put him in a side that plays it on the deck and his quality would shine through. 

Phil Dunphy

The best thing about Sean Clare scoring a goal is the fact it shows up the utter arseholes in our support. 

18 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Who's the new manager?

30 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Yeah who is the boss then 

I heard a lot of folk calling for Clare to be hooked the day.

A talented player but I have to question his work rate, particularly the second half of last two games 

Maybe Levein is applying the shackles again

IF there is a change of manager in the summer I dont think Clare will be a first pick. I just dont think his work rate or attitude will suit.

I think we can abandon the shite chat with this guy. 

He's going to be a massive player for us next season, especially if played through the middle.

rick witter
21 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

IF there is a change of manager in the summer I dont think Clare will be a first pick. I just dont think his work rate or attitude will suit.

That’s the only problem I have with him. 

On Monday night his attitude and work rate were very poor. He wasn’t the only one to be fair. He looked like he didn’t want to be playing. 

When he is up for it there is no doubt he is a good footballer and makes us a better team. 

See when the team is announced on the official Facebook page and all the wanks in town start abusing players, especially Claire, it rips my ****ing knitting.

I think the Jose Mourinho effect has kicked in at the club players seem dispondant because the manager doesn't have a clue. There was a few times on Monday when the cameras went on craig he looked clueless and that was in the first half.

So will he play through the middle against Partick and will Hearts set up good chances for the forwards?

Partick just had a really good win.  Likely to be no picnic.

davemclaren
31 minutes ago, macker1874 said:

I think the Jose Mourinho effect has kicked in at the club players seem dispondant because the manager doesn't have a clue. There was a few times on Monday when the cameras went on craig he looked clueless and that was in the first half.

In what way did he look clueless?

25 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The gormless cluless look on his face maybe?

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Ah, I see. ?

Might just be they way he looks after a hard day at the office on a Monday night.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, macker1874 said:

Might just be they way he looks after a hard day at the office on a Monday night.

?

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

It's all part of the evolution of a sub-human species, who have the ability to tell what is going through peoples' minds by looking at grainy images of the same peoples' faces.

There were once many millions of the Face Truthers but, the survival of the fittest has seen these numbers drop to just a few scattered amongst the denizens of internet forums, who have access to poor quality streaming services.

Glad he scored, glad anyone scored.

Still doesn't do anywhere near enough to warrant an automatic starting slot. I'm not sure scoring a tap it from 5 yards proves any of the doubters wrong 

Edited by jambopilms

Anyone who fallows football can see Clare has it,He has been getting better as he gets more games.As for saying its only a tap in you have to read the game to be in that position,but haters will hate.

I've said from day one, even when Clare wasn't at it at all, that he'd come good. There's still a hell of a lot more to come from him too.

Playing Clare in the more central role allowed us to dominate the second worst team in the league in the middle of the park...NOT!

His goal, and one driving run down the left wing in the second half apart, Clare was anonymous again. Thank goodness for Djoum and Haring in that area. 

3 hours ago, Bauld said:

I think we can abandon the shite chat with this guy. 

He's going to be a massive player for us next season, especially if played through the middle.

Why do we have to wait until next season?

He must be match and physically fit by now surely??

45 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Why do we have to wait until next season?

He must be match and physically fit by now surely??

He likely is but he's started to come into a game when our season has lost a bit of it's earlier shine. He still doesn't look like he is fully gelled into the team either but is getting there.

Having said that we have an excellent chance at a cup final and top 4 finish. So we have much to play for.

But with our squad plus a few additions to important areas (and some better luck with injuries) I think we can better that by some distance. With him as a very important part of that ambition.

StevenNaismith
2 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Playing Clare in the more central role allowed us to dominate the second worst team in the league in the middle of the park...NOT!

His goal, and one driving run down the left wing in the second half apart, Clare was anonymous again. Thank goodness for Djoum and Haring in that area. 

Haring wasn’t at the races at all today. First time in a while he’s looked like a centre half playing in midfield.

2 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

That’s called playing as a team I think - no??

1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

Haring wasn’t at the races at all today. First time in a while he’s looked like a centre half playing in midfield.

He has been poor since he returned from injury.

2 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

He was poor football-wise but probably because the ball was in the air so much, at least he was in the battle, which is what that game was. 

Edited by Shaggy2

Another glittering example of writing a player off early doors, and then when he finds his feet, and starts contributing; changing tac to saying he doesn’t do enough.

Better to perform mental gymnastics, than to just admit he’s a decent player I suppose. 

F0F7F687-DAB1-42D0-A86F-70277C20BDD3.jpeg

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

Players with pace and skill need a midfield which acts and thinks quickly in order to play them into space or at least move forward more often than side or back. Watch how Haring Lee or Djoum take several touches before looking to make a penetrating pass. Watch how Clare, mulreany, Morrison or the strikers begin to make a run for the pass which never comes or comes too late. That is why good players start to look bad. Even poor strikers look good when playing with a team who pass quickly.