***Official Partick Thistle v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Didn't see that coming - och well a trip to tynie and a few beers in Edinburgh next week could be worse - same KO time? 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff Turn

• kimosavi

• iantjambo

• Bazzas right boot

Class of 75
59 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

And we started with a 50 year old front who wouldn’t even get a start for thistle.

Worrying that that our so-called manager couldn’t even find solution to breaking down one of the worst teams in the county.

Totally agree pal

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
51 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

Clueless about what? I didn't defend levein or say he was Guardiola now did I?

I simply said get behind the team FFS. 

A fairweather Hearts supporter until you die. Personally I'll be back next week and the week after. Why? To get right  behind my F****** team.

Now do one. You won't be missed.

How can we get behind a team with a dinosaur instructing a squad of players “ pass pass hoof “ as it’s been described. . enjoy watching that disaster of a manager trying his best to draw games.

11 minutes ago, harrywragg said:

Didn't see that coming - och well a trip to tynie and a few beers in Edinburgh next week could be worse - same KO time? 

Your team should be ashamed, drawing at home to the dross our lot served up. That by the way is the norm for us.

Someone upstairs  needs to question our signing policy/scouting system, we have signed some very very average players with no or little technical ability, the first touch and passing is beyond pathetic. I mean a basic corner twice in succession doesn't clear the first man tonight for example. I hate criticising my team but am getting zero enjoyment at the moment, the football is brutal. We will do well to finish top six never mind making a final if this is what's on offer!

Thought the JT should have been out of sight by half time to be honest - shat it every time you had several acres of free space to swing in crosses unchallenged. 2nd half you hit woodwork a couple of times - on another night it could have been four or five easily. Pitch was crap as well which didn't help passing football. 

Will travel through to your place next week more in hope than expectation but I've been taken aback at the volume of scathing feedback on the forum tonight.

We're both still in it... 3 wins = tin cup it's why we keep going every week after all 

43 minutes ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

How can we get behind a team with a dinosaur instructing a squad of players “ pass pass hoof “ as it’s been described. . enjoy watching that disaster of a manager trying his best to draw games.

Because that's what a true supporter does no matter how bad things are.

2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

No chance

You see, it's this reason why we'll go nowhere with this attitude. 

20 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

Because that's what a true supporter does no matter how bad things are.

Wrong, status quo is never the answer. 

portobellojambo1

We started off playing quite well, and looked very comfortable. We then scored which should have been the signal to go looking for further goals which would seal the tie. Instead we seemed to stop playing, although never looked in any danger during the first 45 minutes. Second half is very forgettable, but on the bright side we are still in the competition and the semi final draw was kind.

Ann Budge should be coming out with a statement, she is too soft, Levein should have been sacked by now. 

Pasquale for King

Can’t believe CL is trying to say it was a clear cut penalty when Uche went down far too easily as Harkins challenged him and barely touched him. 

1 hour ago, ducatiboy said:

Someone upstairs  needs to question our signing policy/scouting system, we have signed some very very average players with no or little technical ability, the first touch and passing is beyond pathetic. I mean a basic corner twice in succession doesn't clear the first man tonight for example. I hate criticising my team but am getting zero enjoyment at the moment, the football is brutal. We will do well to finish top six never mind making a final if this is what's on offer!

A Budge era brutal XI would take some topping

Doyle

Brandon

Struna

Oshinawa

Sowah

Mulraney

Kitchen

Amankwaa

That Greek guy

Dauda

Sammon

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, dustybin said:

Ann Budge should be coming out with a statement, she is too soft, Levein should have been sacked by now. 

It's a cosy relationship. She won't sack him

He will step down when he thinks it's time to go.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Doyle

Brandon

Struna

Oshinawa

Sowah

Mulraney

Kitchen

Amankwaa

That Greek guy

Dauda

Sammon

Brandon is still a youngster and will get better, replace him with Rherras ??

3 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I hope you're right.  But if we make it to the Final it's a certainty that CL will be with us next year, regardless of where we finish in the League.  imo, of course.

He'll be there next season anyway, regardless. AB/Board won't sack him as that would be admission of failure. They have no clue what to do and when CL does go it's going to be a massive decision as to "who's next". . The thought of any of the current coaching crew getting the job is so depressing. 

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, jambogemz said:

Clueless about what? I didn't defend levein or say he was Guardiola now did I?

I simply said get behind the team FFS. 

A fairweather Hearts supporter until you die. Personally I'll be back next week and the week after. Why? To get right  behind my F****** team.

Now do one. You won't be missed.

Well said bud ????

It should have been ten

Got a sneaky feeling we’ll win this cup ??

Edited by It should have been ten

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Brandon is still a youngster and will get better, replace him with Rherras ??

Ah yup fair play. Rherras was particularly shite. There is a whole thread in this tbf.

Edited by i8hibsh

9 hours ago, dustybin said:

Wrong, status quo is never the answer. 

I never said that. 

I'm not happy with the status quo nor the manager but I'll continue to back whatever team is on the park as I'm a JT through and through. Good or bad I'll still follow. 

I'm sure your the same! Right? 

The morning after the night before !

Looking at the draw with a clear head, unbelievable how lucky we have been.

We can’t **** this up. At least make the final and then positions can be discussed.

We go again !

17 hours ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Stewart: “Not seen enough of Sean Clare making an impact for Hearts in games”

just like you then Michael. 

He's correct though unfortunately.

14 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Doyle

Brandon

Struna

Oshinawa

Sowah

Mulraney

Kitchen

Amankwaa

That Greek guy

Dauda

Sammon

You can add Martin and Edwards to your list and I am sure there are a few more.

15 hours ago, harrywragg said:

Thought the JT should have been out of sight by half time to be honest - shat it every time you had several acres of free space to swing in crosses unchallenged. 2nd half you hit woodwork a couple of times - on another night it could have been four or five easily. Pitch was crap as well which didn't help passing football. 

Will travel through to your place next week more in hope than expectation but I've been taken aback at the volume of scathing feedback on the forum tonight.

We're both still in it... 3 wins = tin cup it's why we keep going every week after all 

How many times have you seen Hearts play this season? It is truly brutal stuff to watch away from home because Levein's first thoughts are not to lose no matter who he is playing.

He was moaning before the game that it was away from home. With all due respect to you and your fellow Jags fans you are hardly setting the heather on fire with your football this season so why is he so afraid of a team sitting bottom of the Championship. No player should go into a game being complacent and expecting to win but his attitude is laughable to many Hearts fans.

This transmits in my opinion to the players and they begin to doubt that they can win away to any team. That is why there is a lot of scathing feedback on this forum because a club the size of Hearts with their budget should be better than they are under Levein.

Ok I know you say the pitch was not in great condition but that would have made no difference to Leveins style of play as you would have witnessed first hand with the long hump up the park from Berra for most of the 90 minutes.

Hearts are away to Dundee on Saturday and if they beat us again as they did the last time we played which is not improbable then we will be a bit nervous on Tuesday for the replay especially if Naismith is still out.

So in all reasonable likelihood we will scrape past both Partick and Inverness

Rangers will beat Aberdeen

Celtic will beat Rangers in a tight one.

That will leave Hearts v Celtic final.

My concern is on that big pitch Forrest and Burke will have an absolute field day and our chronic shortage of anything mildly resembling a winger will be exposed for all to see. It's the double edged sword to end all double edged swords, to have been there to have seen us win the SC and stop the treble treble or be there to witness Celtic winning it and the treble treble.