New Scottish football show “A View from the Terrace” Fridays @ 11pm - BBC Scotland

redm

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

??‍♂️A picture of Uche as the banner line which i’d do as its a Hearts player featured in the list

The first Hearts player in this table appears at number 6 and it’s Djoum. However the headline photo shows Utchy getting a card and he’s at number 7.

the subliminal message (IMO) it’s big bad Hearts lead the way. The reality is it’s the pantomime villain himself Morelos. We must avoid painting Rangers in a bad light so let’s us a Hearts player instead. 

Media bias? I think so and this is just another tool used to promote the Weegie  twosome whilst beating us with the naughty stick. 

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• been here before

3 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

The first Hearts player in this table appears at number 6 and it’s Djoum. However the headline photo shows Utchy getting a card and he’s at number 7.

the subliminal message (IMO) it’s big bad Hearts lead the way. The reality is it’s the pantomime villain himself Morelos. We must avoid painting Rangers in a bad light so let’s us a Hearts player instead. 

Media bias? I think so and this is just another tool used to promote the Weegie  twosome whilst beating us with the naughty stick. 

I think thats just crazy , each to their own but absolutely not what I took from the article. If you are doing the list why not have Uche , they love him he’s in the list i’d do the same. 

36 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I'm 100% here for adult human beings having a tantrum about a local tv show. :lol:

Pathetic isn’t it.

local Scottish football show renewed for a 2nd series and people wanting them to ‘**** off’. Just don’t watch it if you’re that bothered, it’s on at 11pm on a Friday night so have to go a bit out your way. 

Edited by karipidis

SpruceBringsteen
1 minute ago, karipidis said:

Pathetic isn’t it.

Correct. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to lose my shit about Dotaman. :lol:

gashauskis9
4 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Agreed its has become brilliant since they have settled in to it.  Think the 20 shows will cover the majority of the season - there are quite a lot of mid week games and possibly some breaks during international weekends?  

Reading the comments above about it not being a mature debate is total nonsense, these guys are giving out the most mature thoughts on Scottish football that there is with a fun element. 

This.  I didn’t enjoy the first episode but it’s improved leaps and bounds and I’m a huge fan now.

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

:lol: Cheerie cheerio. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

You’ve got to laugh they are giving these clowns another season on the BBC. Worst show on TV that sums up Scottish football - amateur, pathetic, lack of analysis, laughing stock. The guys that run it are elitist. Do a bunch of hipsters represent the true fan? No they don’t. They are a middle class elite that know nothing about football. Embarrassing. I appreciate they are trying to get the Scottish game a better reputation but they are doing the opposite. Please **** off 

:rofl: f'ckin hell. How can you be so angry at TV show you claimed to have watched 5 minutes of?

I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea, fair enough, but the seethe some folk have towards it, mainly it appears down to the fact its fronted by hipsters is mental. What would folk rather, Chick Young and the usual old firm apologists that dominate the media here? 

I was cautiously optimistic after the first episode. I enjoy it in the main, appreciate the lower league stuff that I'd otherwise be ignorant to, and it's honourable how little the old firm are mentioned. Occasionally the "banter" isn't for me but I can live with that. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Trust me there's no anger on my part. Just stating an opinion that its drivel. 

If that's allowed of course  :)

AlphonseCapone
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Haha of course that's allowed! I said that in my post. But some folk are raging about it :laugh:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Haha of course that's allowed! I said that in my post. But some folk are raging about it :laugh:

I'm more disappointed we get an hour to do something and we got that 

Terrific show. The segments on the Arbroath-Airdrie game and Eriskay were fantastic. They should be given a contract to market Scottish football as real football - the antidote to the EPL. After decades of Chick Young and Only an Excuse this stuff is a real breath of fresh air.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Terrific show. The segments on the Arbroath-Airdrie game and Eriskay were fantastic. They should be given a contract to market Scottish football as real football - the antidote to the EPL. After decades of Chick Young and Only an Excuse this stuff is a real breath of fresh air.

I agree, the Arbroath segment was fantastic. The show is funny, irreverent and highlights how bonkers Scottish football can be.

It's also clear that the guys do loads of research as well.

Great that it has heen given a 2nd series as well.

1 minute ago, Costanza said:

I agree, the Arbroath segment was fantastic. The show is funny, irreverent and highlights how bonkers Scottish football can be.

It's also clear that the guys do loads of research as well.

Great that it has heen given a 2nd series as well.

I've thought for a very long time that this is our main selling point, especially these days when a lot of folk are getting sick of the how money has changed football. Broadcasters have missed a trick up until View From the Terrace by putting all the focus on the two least Scottish clubs and trying to cover Scottish football in a serious, Match of the Day kind of way. And how have there been no serious, fly on the wall type documentaries following Rangers downfall or us under Romanov? So much material and all we get is super soaraway Sun type content.

SpruceBringsteen
49 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea, fair enough, but the seethe some folk have towards it, mainly it appears down to the fact its fronted by guys wearing t-shirts is mental.

I'm fairly certain the boys foaming at the mouth about hipsters don't actually know what a hipster is. :lol:

10 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I'm fairly certain the boys foaming at the mouth about hipsters don't actually know what a hipster is. :lol:

Some folk just see beard and think hipster. ? Any excuse to post this though

Thumb Up Emoji

Cheers for (some) of the nice comments about the show. I'm the exec on it. And quite glad some folk don't like it tbh - we wanted to make something quite different. It was our first TV show and glad it's getting another run with our clips going global.

We made the Hearts Frightened Rabbit video a few years ago and did the recent sign-painting in the main stand, but all views on the club are balanced. In the (unaired) pilot Joel even tipped us for the league, haha. It's tough hearing that we aren't great atm,  but sadly it's the truth.

And yes, I'm 30 years old, have a beard and listen to sad indie rock. Sorry about that.

23 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I've thought for a very long time that this is our main selling point, especially these days when a lot of folk are getting sick of the how money has changed football. Broadcasters have missed a trick up until View From the Terrace by putting all the focus on the two least Scottish clubs and trying to cover Scottish football in a serious, Match of the Day kind of way. And how have there been no serious, fly on the wall type documentaries following Rangers downfall or us under Romanov? So much material and all we get is super soaraway Sun type content.

Financial disparity and one club dominance are clearly issues in Scottish football but it feels to me that there is more soul and less of a fan disconnect than in England but then I am biased.

Anyway, you may like these 2 articles if not already seen.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/features/old-firm-facts/whats-point-scottish-football-old-15643123

https://www.football365.com/news/scottish-fitba-the-premier-leagues-smaller-better-cousin

6 minutes ago, Thumb Up Emoji said:

Cheers for (some) of the nice comments about the show. I'm the exec on it. And quite glad some folk don't like it tbh - we wanted to make something quite different. It was our first TV show and glad it's getting another run with our clips going global.

We made the Hearts Frightened Rabbit video a few years ago and did the recent sign-painting in the main stand, but all views on the club are balanced. In the (unaired) pilot Joel even tipped us for the league, haha. It's tough hearing that we aren't great atm,  but sadly it's the truth.

And yes, I'm 30 years old, have a beard and listen to sad indie rock. Sorry about that.

Jkb: ****ing hipsters

Also Jkb: Whats a hipster

Exec and sign-painting gives your identity away. The haters will be waiting at your seat now ? (i can head this off and offer personal bodyguarding for a fee??‍♂️)

The sign-painting in the stand is brilliant. Is it yourselves doing the tunnel painting etc aswell or is there other work/projects you are going to do with the club. Its good having Studio Something and the creativeness you lot have , involved with the club. Hopefully the show continues to go from strength to strength aswell. Proper breath of fresh air in the OF saturated Scottish football market.

allystrachan
21 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Haha! Belter of a tune. Need some hearts related words & Im on it this weekend...

I love the hearts, I’m a Jambo!

all my friends are Jambos too...

... haven’t you heard, being a Jambo is cool! 

On second thoughts, maybe not. ?

Thumb Up Emoji
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Jkb: ****ing hipsters

Also Jkb: Whats a hipster

Exec and sign-painting gives your identity away. The haters will be waiting at your seat now ? (i can head this off and offer personal bodyguarding for a fee??‍♂️)

The sign-painting in the stand is brilliant. Is it yourselves doing the tunnel painting etc aswell or is there other work/projects you are going to do with the club. Its good having Studio Something and the creativeness you lot have , involved with the club. Hopefully the show continues to go from strength to strength aswell. Proper breath of fresh air in the OF saturated Scottish football market.

Thanks very much. 

Scottish football is great and think it deserves to be recognised for more than two teams. It also doesn't exist in a vacuum - that's why we feature music and other things that cross over into football. The average age of a season ticket holder in Scotland is 47 - so we need to attract a younger audience to the game or we will be truly scuppered!

The boys on the show are so knowledgable about all leagues too, so whether you like them or not, you can't argue with that.

See you next season ;)

6 minutes ago, Thumb Up Emoji said:

Thanks very much. 

Scottish football is great and think it deserves to be recognised for more than two teams. It also doesn't exist in a vacuum - that's why we feature music and other things that cross over into football. The average age of a season ticket holder in Scotland is 47 - so we need to attract a younger audience to the game or we will be truly scuppered!

The boys on the show are so knowledgable about all leagues too, so whether you like them or not, you can't argue with that.

See you next season ;)

The VTs are great , putting Duncan and Duncan together works perfectly too. I think anyone familiar with the podcast understands how knowledge the guys are and the passion they have. Having two knowledgable guys on the lower leagues and Joel (as you say like him or not) who is ridic knowledgable about the premiership is a good balance. 

Wasn’t aware of the 47 thing but that in a general context is very interesting. Esp when you see the resistance many put up to trying to make football more family inclusive. 

??

jambo-rocker
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

What are you looking for in the show? What what would you like to see?

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

:rofl: that's amazing. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, jambo-rocker said:

What are you looking for in the show? What what would you like to see?

I'd rather the BBC spend their meagre budget on showing football. 

Better highlights rather than inane chat. I do think it's patronising.  A few crumbs thrown to the wee teams. Let's see more teams playing football 

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Better highlights rather than inane chat. I do think it's patronising.  A few crumbs thrown to the wee teams. Let's see more teams playing football 

I appreciate what you're saying but I feel we should be arguing for both rather than accepting the pittance of coverage we get just now. 

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

Financial disparity and one club dominance are clearly issues in Scottish football but it feels to me that there is more soul and less of a fan disconnect than in England but then I am biased.

Anyway, you may like these 2 articles if not already seen.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/features/old-firm-facts/whats-point-scottish-football-old-15643123

https://www.football365.com/news/scottish-fitba-the-premier-leagues-smaller-better-cousin

Good reads. I do think a well-produced highlights show that focuses on the unique things about Scottish football would do well down south and in other places, like Scandinavia or North America, but we can't even seem to put together a decent highlights packages for Scotland...

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I appreciate what you're saying but I feel we should be arguing for both rather than accepting the pittance of coverage we get just now. 

Yeah.  We do have the live Championship matches now. Credit where due.

Folk chatting about football interspersed with features on biscuits just not cutting it for me but appreciate it's for a younger audience 

10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Yeah.  We do have the live Championship matches now. Credit where due.

Folk chatting about football interspersed with features on biscuits just not cutting it for me but appreciate it's for a younger audience 

Arite grandad ?? When you look at the shows we have had over the years and standards of the highlights it is the one show that stands above them all for all of Scottish football. 

Edited by sadj

Guess The Crowd
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Never heard that before, love it! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, sadj said:

Arite grandad ?? When you look at the shows we have had over the years and standards of the highlights it is the one show that stands above them all for all of Scottish football. 

Have to agree to disagree buddy. 

Anyway good luck with the show. Maybe one day we will get extended highlights and quality products the Beeb stick out in England 

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Have to agree to disagree buddy. 

Anyway good luck with the show. Maybe one day we will get extended highlights and quality products the Beeb stick out in England 

I know where you're coming from. I don't understand why we can't get high quality show like Match of the Day (well I do but that would get political). 

£5bn of taxpayers' money went into MoTD for their last 3-year deal, just for highlights. Scotland got £10m over 4 years. Scotland has 1/10th the population of England but I'm pretty sure that's not a 10th of 5bn. Basically Scottish licence fee payers are subsidising English football clubs, while ours fall behind.

jambo-rocker
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

54 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

In fairness, it already has started doing so.

Sportscene is 15 minutes longer, the Scottish cup will be shown from the first round next year and the championship games are on Fridays.

If you think it's patronising, that's your opinion man, but it feels like you're nitpicking and showing a lack of care to the lower leagues by stating they been 'thrown crumbs'. Especially when it looks like there is a genuine interest from the presenters in talking about these clubs and clearly has shown can follow through with interesting content.

I don't think it is patronising at all. If anything, I feel it's a far more informative alternative to the dumbed down coverage I feel we've been used to from a sportsound podcast and/or similar and quite frankly find it amazing how ignorant the BBC has been in years previous; but it's at least trying to rectify that.

julienbrellier
3 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

:rofl: f'ckin hell. How can you be so angry at TV show you claimed to have watched 5 minutes of?

I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea, fair enough, but the seethe some folk have towards it, mainly it appears down to the fact its fronted by hipsters is mental. What would folk rather, Chick Young and the usual old firm apologists that dominate the media here? 

I was cautiously optimistic after the first episode. I enjoy it in the main, appreciate the lower league stuff that I'd otherwise be ignorant to, and it's honourable how little the old firm are mentioned. Occasionally the "banter" isn't for me but I can live with that. 

You seem to be getting awfully defensive about people criticising the show You wouldn’t happen to be one of the morons presenting it would you? People have opinions about it and some people think it’s shite. If you get something from it then crack on. For me it’s a waste of a TV slot and it’s amazing the BBC are broadcasting it 

35 minutes ago, jambo-rocker said:

In fairness, it already has started doing so.

Sportscene is 15 minutes longer, the Scottish cup will be shown from the first round next year and the championship games are on Fridays.

If you think it's patronising, that's your opinion man, but it feels like you're nitpicking and showing a lack of care to the lower leagues by stating they been 'thrown crumbs'. Especially when it looks like there is a genuine interest from the presenters in talking about these clubs and clearly has shown can follow through with interesting content.

I don't think it is patronising at all. If anything, I feel it's a far more informative alternative to the dumbed down coverage I feel we've been used to from a sportsound podcast and/or similar and quite frankly find it amazing how ignorant the BBC has been in years previous; but it's at least trying to rectify that.

I think when you have a Raith fan and a Stenny fan as two of the four main presenters and they have the knowledge they do its far from throwing crumbs

13 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

You seem to be getting awfully defensive about people criticising the show You wouldn’t happen to be one of the morons presenting it would you? People have opinions about it and some people think it’s shite. If you get something from it then crack on. For me it’s a waste of a TV slot and it’s amazing the BBC are broadcasting it 

Why are they morons though? Just because you think their product is shite?

35 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

I'm curious what you would like to see in the slot? How would you approach a Scottish football show.

AlphonseCapone
58 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

Awfully defensive? I just find the idea of someone criticising anything in several anger fueled posts based on watching 5 minutes pretty embarrassing. Why bother coming back on this thread after your first post? Haha I don't have anything to do with the show, as I've said, I enjoy it in the main but can understand why others wouldn't. What I can't understand is the level of seethe at something that's voluntary to watch. You are angry at 4 lads doing well for themselves and you've called them hipsters and morons. You've made it personal to the presenters from the start, that's different to simply criticising the product which others have done on the thread in a much more articulate and thoughtful fashion. 

Perrykitch

i tak it youve watched it? complete garbage and i have to agree with the boy saying their morons.i just dont think those presenting the show are likeable and they really dont know their stuff.they dont connect wiht the average fan an it makes a mockery of scottish football that we cant get professionals on there.

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I do think it's patronising.  A few crumbs thrown to the wee teams.

One of the presenters (Craig Telfer) is a Stenhousemuir fan and runs a website dedicated to lower league Scottish football, featuring in-depth articles and interviews. Shaughan McGuigan is a Raith Rovers fan and the two of them have been regularly podcasting on lower league Scottish football for years.

Similar can be said for Craig Fowler, who I think watched every single minute of every Premiership game a couple of seasons ago. These are people who know their stuff and are genuinely passionate about the subject matter.

As for Hearts "fan" Joel Sked, if you'd listened to any of the podcasts you'd know he's one of the most unashamedly biased jambos there is. When things are going well, he talks us up, when things are shite (which they are) he calls it as he sees it. Personal preference, but I'm more interested in hearing an honest assessment from a frustrated fan than insincere shite about how great we are when that blatantly isn't the case.

Oh, and if you're looking for patronising, look no further:

8 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Maybe they have credentials, but to me look like a couple of boys who came off their 5s match thinking they know the game.

They don't.

8 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

You’ve got to laugh they are giving these clowns another season on the BBC. Worst show on TV that sums up Scottish football - amateur, pathetic, lack of analysis, laughing stock. The guys that run it are elitist. Do a bunch of hipsters represent the true fan? No they don’t. They are a middle class elite that know nothing about football. Embarrassing. I appreciate they are trying to get the Scottish game a better reputation but they are doing the opposite. Please **** off 

How are they "elitist" exactly?

1 hour ago, Perrykitch said:

i tak it youve watched it? complete garbage and i have to agree with the boy saying their morons.i just dont think those presenting the show are likeable and they really dont know their stuff.they dont connect wiht the average fan an it makes a mockery of scottish football that we cant get professionals on there.

Opinions are fine and you might not agree with them but to say they don’t know their stuff is just not true. What makes a mockery of Scottish football is the duopoly and the media that helps to maintain it. Not a group of guys who all but steer clear of the OF and cater predominantly  for the other teams in the country and know there stuff. See @DC_92 post above.

Edited by sadj

11 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

:D

10 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

It's good. A wee change fae auld codgers from the 80s talking pish. Young lads talking pish. 

They should put off the ball on the telly on a Saturday too.

6 hours ago, Perrykitch said:

Ok ill go....I take it one of the 'presenters' may have hooked up with a current/ex partner???? Cause thats the only reason for your drivel.....

Disagree strongly with everything you say which is totally OTT....calm doon and get in the cup final spirit if nowt else!!!?

Dalstonjambo

As someone who lives in one of the original homes of the ‘hipster’ (although it’s a bit more gentrified now) the idea that these guys are hipsters is amazing. I’m guessing it’s because they are under 40,  there is the odd beard and they don’t wear suits?

As for the show, I really like it but each to their own. An interesting angle to describe guys who seem to go to watch their teams every week as patronising and detached (doesn’t the host support Stenhousemuir?) but i guess we all have our own views. 

It’s fun, positive, well researched, different and the usual clowns who talk our game down are nowhere near it. That’s a great starting point if nothing else. 

jambo-rocker
8 hours ago, sadj said:

I think when you have a Raith fan and a Stenny fan as two of the four main presenters and they have the knowledge they do its far from throwing crumbs

We're in agreement. I was addressing Sir Gio's point.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

It's good. A wee change fae auld codgers from the 80s talking pish. Young lads talking pish. 

We need more talking pish imo. ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 hours ago, DC_92 said:

One of the presenters (Craig Telfer) is a Stenhousemuir fan and runs a website dedicated to lower league Scottish football, featuring in-depth articles and interviews. Shaughan McGuigan is a Raith Rovers fan and the two of them have been regularly podcasting on lower league Scottish football for years.

Similar can be said for Craig Fowler, who I think watched every single minute of every Premiership game a couple of seasons ago. These are people who know their stuff and are genuinely passionate about the subject matter.

As for Hearts "fan" Joel Sked, if you'd listened to any of the podcasts you'd know he's one of the most unashamedly biased jambos there is. When things are going well, he talks us up, when things are shite (which they are) he calls it as he sees it. Personal preference, but I'm more interested in hearing an honest assessment from a frustrated fan than insincere shite about how great we are when that blatantly isn't the case.

Oh, and if you're looking for patronising, look no further:

Opinions. I wouldn't watch it again. End of.

Generic Username

A few people seem to be foaming at the gash that this show isn't presented by four bald, Alan Brazil looking, Luckies drinking melts in Stone Island gear.

Not watched it. Although reading the mixed reviews, I’m now furious that my own demographic isn’t catered for. The Hipsters have this, the wee bigots and gammon have the Singing Section Official.

As usual the middle-aged lefty Dads are an afterthought. All we get are Steven Thompson and Mickey ****ing Stewart..

☹️

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier