New Scottish football show “A View from the Terrace” Fridays @ 11pm - BBC Scotland

redm

Sexton Hardcastle

So lofs of people criticise Scottish football for not being taken seriously, having proper debates and yet here’s 4 20/30 something hipsters in vans, wu tang shirts making biscuits and having a good old rip at the state of things.

It was better than expected but surely missing a gap in the market to have sensible, balanced debates on the real and current problems in Scottish football. Not sitting round a table sipping cans of red stripe.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• been here before

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

So lofs of people criticise Scottish football for not being taken seriously, having proper debates and yet here’s 4 20/30 something hipsters in vans, wu tang shirts making biscuits and having a good old rip at the state of things.

It was better than expected but surely missing a gap in the market to have sensible, balanced debates on the real and current problems in Scottish football. Not sitting round a table sipping cans of red stripe.

How many of the 4 have beards? Because that's the real issue for me. 

Agreed there is a yawning gap in the market for good, honest articulate chat/debate on Scottish football. Sportsound is a mess and the various podcasts from our and other clubs, (yes I have listened to them) sound like a couple of mates just having a laugh. That's ok, of course, but it still leaves that space where football could be discussed on a more mature and informative level.

17 hours ago, Placid Casual said:

I follow him, and the Terrace Podcast, on Twitter and he's 100% a Hearts fan. Probably wishes he wasn't reading this thread.

He did 

Skippy Doodle
18 hours ago, Placid Casual said:

I follow him, and the Terrace Podcast, on Twitter and he's 100% a Hearts fan. Probably wishes he wasn't reading this thread.

Seen fowler and sked at various matches and fowler I think was in winning team at quiz night couple of years ago ( Christ I’m coming across a little pat mcginlay in this post) haha

been here before
42 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He did 

Oooft I can see a twatter/email spat ensuing here ala Cowan and the Daily Record hotline but for the 21st Century.

Fowler better be careful he doesnt make another joke about Hearts of Potter will be all over it...

On 02/03/2019 at 11:40, Harry Potter said:

Ha Ha, not me, mind the days of Tam Cowan ripping in to Hearts every week , no doubt you thought

that was good banter, i dont.

Harry Potter is a hibs fan on the wind up. Don’t bite. (Harry Potter is what some Hibs fans call Craig Levein) 

Craig big Hearts fan just sees kickback for what it is.... 

I thought show was like a fanzine on its first edition.

been here before
25 minutes ago, sum31uk said:

(Harry Potter is what some Hibs fans call Craig Levein) 

(We know)

3 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Seen fowler and sked at various matches and fowler I think was in winning team at quiz night couple of years ago ( Christ I’m coming across a little pat mcginlay in this post) haha

Only A little ???meant to tweet you and ask if theres footage of the hearts 3 rangers 2 game jan 86 cuptie , late robbo winner. Cant find it anywhere? 

Edited by sadj

5 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

How many of the 4 have beards? Because that's the real issue for me. 

Agreed there is a yawning gap in the market for good, honest articulate chat/debate on Scottish football. Sportsound is a mess and the various podcasts from our and other clubs, (yes I have listened to them) sound like a couple of mates just having a laugh. That's ok, of course, but it still leaves that space where football could be discussed on a more mature and informative level.

5 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

They actually do good debates on subjects aswell as the light hearted stuff. Usually really well informed aswell about all 4 divisions also. Give the podcast a chance too its a good mix of serious and banter. 

Skippy Doodle
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Only A little ???meant to tweet you and ask if theres footage of the hearts 3 rangers 2 game jan 86 cuptie , late robbo winner. Cant find it anywhere? 

I’m sure highlights are on one of the many VHS tapes I ain’t converted yet ?

1 hour ago, Skippy Doodle said:

I’m sure highlights are on one of the many VHS tapes I ain’t converted yet ?

Cheers mate been driving me daft trying to find it. Was such a superb game. Should be one of the all time classic cup games.

Governor Tarkin
On 02/03/2019 at 18:57, Artful Dodger said:

6k more posts than me  :rofl:

Howling at moon type gibberish. 

I'd hazard that Mr Terraces has been posting on JKB for a lot longer than you.

Ford Prentice

I listen to the podcast. Enjoyed the first TV show. East coast drollery a welcome change from west coast hysteria. Also, where else will you see five people discussing football, three of whom are Jambos...

On 02/03/2019 at 08:35, 1953 said:

Got bored after 10 minutes and switched it off.

This

julienbrellier

a pile of pish. don´t associate in any way shape or form with the hipster clowns who have managed to somehow get a slot on television broadcasting their boring and ill-informed thoughts. switched it off after 5 minutes. If a few people enjoy it then great, but unfortunately it sums up Scottish football - tired and predictable.

20 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

a pile of pish. don´t associate in any way shape or form with the hipster clowns who have managed to somehow get a slot on television broadcasting their boring and ill-informed thoughts. switched it off after 5 minutes. If a few people enjoy it then great, but unfortunately it sums up Scottish football - tired and predictable.

Sound.

Dallas Green
1 hour ago, julienbrellier said:

How do you know it was tired and predictable after 5 mins?

It was on for an hour. Hardly gave it a chance if you switched it off after 5 mins.

7 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

How do you know it was tired and predictable after 5 mins?

It was on for an hour. Hardly gave it a chance if you switched it off after 5 mins.

I watched it for a 2nd time last night - i can confirm it's just as good the 2nd time around. :2thumbsup:

Generic Username
2 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

Fowler wearing a Wu Tang Clan t-shirt has sent some people off into the stratosphere.

Wonderful.

steviefrailspants

Long time listener and fan of The Terrace podcast and I was pretty impressed with the first tv episode. 

Despite the standard negativity on JKB to anything new I thought it was completely refreshing and look forward to future episodes. 

Good on them for having the balls to do this off their own backs. Best of luck for the future.

Mr Brightside

Regular listener to the podcasts and liked the TV show. They cover all levels of Scottish football and not just the old firm which is great.

Although their relaxed style may suggest otherwise, these guys are well informed and undertake a load of reasearch. Think it was Craig Fowler who watched every premiership game on wyscout last season to pick the leagues team of the year.

• 1 month later...
been here before
21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Ryan McGowan on tonight

An advacado, some sushi sticks and a hipster prick.

No ta.

• 1 month later...
letsalldothebeattie

Great news. Really enjoyed the series would like to see it run every week of the season instead of the 20 episodes though 

82FEE04D-1682-46AC-AB0F-C5F9B8670703.jpeg

1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Great news. Really enjoyed the series would like to see it run every week of the season instead of the 20 episodes though 

82FEE04D-1682-46AC-AB0F-C5F9B8670703.jpeg

Agreed its has become brilliant since they have settled in to it.  Think the 20 shows will cover the majority of the season - there are quite a lot of mid week games and possibly some breaks during international weekends?  

Reading the comments above about it not being a mature debate is total nonsense, these guys are giving out the most mature thoughts on Scottish football that there is with a fun element. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Utter tripe I have to say. Patronising guff, featuring 2 Hearts "fans" who literally drive me insane with their negativity. Think its meant to be funny, but really boring in truth.

letsalldothebeattie
30 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Utter tripe I have to say. Patronising guff, featuring 2 Hearts "fans" who literally drive me insane with their negativity. Think its meant to be funny, but really boring in truth.

With their negativity about Hearts? Because to be honest they’ve hit the nail on the head every single time they comment on us. What do you want Levein post match interview style comments from Fowler & Sked saying everything is fine we are playing well in spells etc etc. 

I hate the notion that Scottish football is only serious for Celtic and Rangers and everyone else are just diddy sides happy to be there. Everything is a laugh at all other clubs and we just exist for banter and the occasional shock or big result. I like all the boys on the panel just think it should be a more serious look at the game as we all ready have sky and bt sports devaluing the product. 

I like Fowler and Skedd and think they always get their assessment of hearts spot on, both pretty funny on social media as well. 

14 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I hate the notion that Scottish football is only serious for Celtic and Rangers and everyone else are just diddy sides happy to be there. Everything is a laugh at all other clubs and we just exist for banter and the occasional shock or big result. I like all the boys on the panel just think it should be a more serious look at the game as we all ready have sky and bt sports devaluing the product. 

I like Fowler and Skedd and think they always get their assessment of hearts spot on, both pretty funny on social media as well. 

I find the show very informative about the lower leagues, and the lack of old firm discussion is a breath of fresh air. I really wonder what people watch sometimes. 

5 minutes ago, karipidis said:

I find the show very informative about the lower leagues, and the lack of old firm discussion is a breath of fresh air. I really wonder what people watch sometimes. 

I just find it all rather patronising. Suppose when you consider there is literally nothing else that isn’t old firm focused, that should be applauded. Just find some of the stuff cringe. 

Super_Hans

Really enjoyed the series and thoroughly deserving of a second run next season.

Can't say I've ever felt patronised while watching it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

With their negativity about Hearts? Because to be honest they’ve hit the nail on the head every single time they comment on us. What do you want Levein post match interview style comments from Fowler & Sked saying everything is fine we are playing well in spells etc etc. 

Not in my book, these guys are incredibly wet. If this is where football journalism is going, its not for the better.

Maybe they have credentials, but to me look like a couple of boys who came off their 5s match thinking they know the game.

They don't.

julienbrellier

You’ve got to laugh they are giving these clowns another season on the BBC. Worst show on TV that sums up Scottish football - amateur, pathetic, lack of analysis, laughing stock. The guys that run it are elitist. Do a bunch of hipsters represent the true fan? No they don’t. They are a middle class elite that know nothing about football. Embarrassing. I appreciate they are trying to get the Scottish game a better reputation but they are doing the opposite. Please **** off 

julienbrellier
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Not in my book, these guys are incredibly wet. If this is where football journalism is going, its not for the better.

Maybe they have credentials, but to me look like a couple of boys who came off their 5s match thinking they know the game.

They don't.

Agree they are utterly clueless

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, julienbrellier said:

You’ve got to laugh they are giving these clowns another season on the BBC. Worst show on TV that sums up Scottish football - amateur, pathetic, lack of analysis, laughing stock. The guys that run it are elitist. Do a bunch of hipsters represent the true fan? No they don’t. They are a middle class elite that know nothing about football. Embarrassing. I appreciate they are trying to get the Scottish game a better reputation but they are doing the opposite. Please **** off 

Thanks for summing up my exact feelings in a nutshell

August Landmesser

Some right grumpy Guses on this thread - I like the show, a breath of fresh air, well-informed and serious about Scottish football, but without taking it too seriously. Knocks the likes of Chick Young and Willie Miller slavering their pish into a cocked hat.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Some right grumpy Guses on this thread - I like the show, a breath of fresh air, well-informed and serious about Scottish football, but without taking it too seriously. Knocks the likes of Chick Young and Willie Miller slavering their pish into a cocked hat.

Game of opinions. Glad you enjoy it  :)

Watched the first couple couldn't identify with any of them. 

The 2 writing for the Evening News seem constantly at pains to decry Hearts. Especially in the paper. 

I would wager at least one of them is on here trolling 

August Landmesser
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The 2 writing for the Evening News seem constantly at pains to decry Hearts. Especially in the paper. 

Fair enough.

Re the two jambos, I think they're both just honest journalists, and recognise that we've been shite for most of the league season - you can't really sugar coat it

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I like it some of the Hearts stuff drives me nuts but thats cause its my team and people have different opinions. You can’t knock them for the amount of effort they put in and their knowledge through all 4 main leagues. They even had a podcast on the Cove v Berwick game. When you have everything else so OF centric its great having that breath of fresh air. You won’t see it on the tv show but Duncan can be equally brutal about Hibs and they’ve often ripped him over the road and on twitter for it. 

Great they have got a second series though really we need a fight between Blackpool Broxi , Sammy the Tammy , Kingsley and Baxter the Bridie as one of their vts....

4 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

I feel the commentators and writers don’t like Hearts.

Tell me what you see in this article and picture show written in the Scotsman. 

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/scottish-premiership/the-players-who-committed-the-most-fouls-in-the-2018-19-scottish-premiership-ranked-in-order-1-4933295

??‍♂️A picture of Uche as the banner line which i’d do as its a Hearts player featured in the list

letsalldothebeattie
46 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

They don't.

To me this is a light hearted show on all things Scottish football. A breathe of fresh air considering how much of a hammering it takes everywhere else. The show is done by fans of clubs not ex pros etc like Sportsound is with the same old firm bias views week in week out.

SpruceBringsteen

I'm 100% here for adult human beings having a tantrum about a local tv show. :lol: