New Scottish football show “A View from the Terrace” Fridays @ 11pm - BBC Scotland

redm

Perrykitch
2 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

Ok ill go....I take it one of the 'presenters' may have hooked up with a current/ex partner???? Cause thats the only reason for your drivel.....

Disagree strongly with everything you say which is totally OTT....calm doon and get in the cup final spirit if nowt else!!!?

:wtfvlad:

You relise people can say it’s shit without having some sort of personal beef with the presenters you slaver :rofl: :rofl:

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• been here before

Craig Gordons Gloves

I’ve not seen the show because of geoblocking but I’ve been listening to the podcast for years and I’m pishing myself at the descriptions on here. Folk that are quite happy moaning like **** on here about all things Hearts, moaning that a couple of journalists and tv presenters who are also Hearts fans are honest enough to point out how shite we are.

ill be able to watch my first episode tonight and I’m looking forward to it. Hipster elitist pish obviously that it is. 

1 hour ago, Perrykitch said:

:wtfvlad:

You relise people can say it’s shit without having some sort of personal beef with the presenters you slaver :rofl: :rofl:

Whoooosh..... ???

Good luck Chief.... ?

Raging. 

I don't want nonsense like this on my telly, I prefer my sports TV to be endlessly recycled interviews with ex players from the OF that aren't relevant anymore. 

Prince Buaben

I listen to the podcast and subscribe to the Patreon they do too. Really enjoy it the tv programme too. If you wanted to make a comparison it’s the 21st century version of Off the Ball.

it is not a  highlight show to compare it sportscene or MOTD is a bit unfair. It’s a new take on all of scottish football. Teller and Shaughn are really insightful and when do you hear a professional scottish journalist talk in depth or at all about anything lower than the SPFL Premiership. 

Folk would be creaming themselves on here if Fowler and Joel ( or Rob) were just big cheerleaders on the telly but because they are impartial and call it how they see it it’s shite. We moan about the so called ‘professionals’ being biased etc but when it’s one of our own we think they shouldn’t say anything against our club. 

4 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We need more talking pish imo. ?

Exactly!

I'm a fine connoisseur of the martial art, Pish talk.

Edited by ri Alban

18 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Special quest.

No time to scratch my arse these days. I like arriving at things late though anyway... when they are no longer the 'in thing'. Makes me feel edgy.

I’ve only watched it the last couple of months but I’ve really enjoyed it. Covers the majority of Scottish football (not just two teams), it’s well researched and produced, and doesn’t take itself too seriously. Don’t always agree with their views on Hearts but I don’t need an echo chamber. 

Give me this and Nutmeg instead of Kris ****ing Commons telling me how amazing Celtic are and the Daily ****ing Record. 

And hipsters :lol: Although I never get tired of watching that being a dickhead video. 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

No time to scratch my arse these days.

I bet you don't. ?

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I bet you don't. ?

Don’t believe @Glib and Shameless Crier , he’s prob just sitting at work watching half naked people walk around Edinburgh whilst claiming he is working so hard he doesn't have time to scratch his arse whereas the real reason he hasn’t seen it is his basement flat that he goes home and locks himself in doesn’t have enough bandwidth to watch tv online due to the 1400 active twitter accounts and social media accounts he has running to try and claim he is a normal and real person. 

Just now, sadj said:

Don’t believe @Glib and Shameless Crier , he’s prob just sitting at work watching half naked people walk around Edinburgh whilst claiming he is working so hard he doesn't have time to scratch his arse whereas the real reason he hasn’t seen it is his basement flat that he goes home and locks himself in doesn’t have enough bandwidth to watch tv online due to the 1400 active twitter accounts and social media accounts he has running to try and claim he is a normal and real person. 

Oi! WRONG!!

:seething:

... I'm in Midlothian.

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Oi! WRONG!!

:seething:

... I'm in Midlothian.

Well thats the last time I try to protect your location and identity ??

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Well thats the last time I try to protect your location and identity ??

If someone was going to smash me for being a dick online, it would have happened by now. ?

2 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

No time to scratch my arse these days. I like arriving at things late though anyway... when they are no longer the 'in thing'. Makes me feel edgy.

:D so does magic mushrooms.

1 hour ago, sadj said:

:rofl:

2 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

If someone was going to smash me for being a dick online, it would have happened by now. ?

Thats what we want you to think ?

10 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Mothy the Jock Lawson.

8 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Peni de Este

Penis on de Cooncil Esté

Edited by sadj

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Penis on de Cooncil Esté

Your nickname up in Abersheepland. ^^

4 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Your nickname up in Abersheepland. ^^

Really a quality post like mine and thats your response. I expect better from you #notangryjustdisappointed

Just now, sadj said:

Really a quality post like mine and thats your response. I expect better from you #notangryjustdisappointed

I’d only get suspended, mate. 

(Ironic, What with that being your favourite pastime #eroticasphyxiationisnotagame)

24 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I’d only get suspended, mate. 

(Ironic, What with that being your favourite pastime #eroticasphyxiationisnotagame)

The irony is pushing your sexual depravities on to others as we all know being suspended is your MO

The Establishment

I think it deserves a bit of credit. Certainly improved my knowledge on lower leagues and occasionally funny. I think Fowler, Sked and to some extent Borthwick are slightly apprehensive about being overly Hearts centric and therefore hold back a bit when it comes to us.

Compared to normal BBC Scotland football coverage to have the majority as Hearts fans and no OF views is a breath of fresh air.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Gave it another go. Still shite.

Craig Fowler. I pray he is not sitting next to me tomorrow. Got to be the most feeble Hearts fan ever.  Worse than a man down.

You wouldn't want him next to you in the trenches he?

14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Craig Fowler. I pray he is not sitting next to me tomorrow. Got to be the most feeble Hearts fan ever.  Worse than a man down.

Well I’m not sure I’d want someone aggressively negative next to me either. 

Gave it a bit of a watch tonight. Just the twitter clip. It’s not really my cup of tea, but I wouldn’t say it deserves some of the overly negative feedback. At the end of the day, I’ll just choose not to watch it, if I don’t end up starting to like it.

We are a pretty negative group of fans aren’t we?

Still... it’s cup final day!! ?

I like it and will continue to watch it.

It does appear to be a bit of a marmite tv show. Surprised at the levels of dislike for the show by some, so much so that they repeatedly comment on the thread.

Don’t really understand why you would waste so much time on something you cant be arsed with. 

2 hours ago, Perrykitch said:

:spoton:

You do realise you both watched this right?

6 hours ago, been here before said:

Made by wankers

Presented by wankers

Watched by wankers.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 hours ago, Tazio said:

Well I’m not sure I’d want someone aggressively negative next to me either. 

Haha. If only you knew me. Negativity is such a drain on happiness. 

I agree his negativity is dragging me to his place 

Jean Louis Valois
8 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Horrific Hearts fan. trying to be controversial, hope he stays away today.

Edited by Jean Louis Valois

Check out their 'barnets'!!! Joel ain't fooling anybody with his 'front combover' ... and as for the Fowler fella! ???

colinmaroon
10 hours ago, been here before said:

Made by wankers

Presented by wankers

Watched by wankers.

So you obviously watched it!

been here before
33 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

So you obviously watched it!

How very christian.

And stunningly predictable.

Tasavallan

It is a Friday night, FGS, why are people watching, if they dislike the programme that much? 

Sheesh!  Sky Go, 1000s of channels to watch.  Turn off, change channel or go do something less annoying instead.

Naw, let's watch, then come on JKB full of negativity and complain.

Mr Brightside

I like it, but I listened to podcasts prior to to the tv show so had a fair idea of what to expect.

I don’t get some of the hate thrown their way about being middle class or hipsters. Just seem like ordinary guys who went to state schools.

Mr Elwood P
On 24/05/2019 at 08:09, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Not watched it. Although reading the mixed reviews, I’m now furious that my own demographic isn’t catered for. The Hipsters have this, the wee bigots and gammon have the Singing Section Official.

As usual the middle-aged lefty Dads are an afterthought. All we get are Steven Thompson and Mickey ****ing Stewart..

☹️

Are middle aged lefty dads not just grown up angel headed hipsters?