Naismith out for 8-10 weeks (updated)

Thomaso

been here before
5 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Positive story. It'll be lucky to get many posts. 

It's not really important like the reserves losing or somebody swearing 1/4 of a mile from the stadium.

Well moaned sir.

It got a few more posts on the updated Naismith Out thread hours ago...

Sorry to spoil your whinging.

Edited by been here before

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Inch Hearts

• Morgan

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Aye, I know, it's shite isn't it. I shouldn't have wasted my time posting news that Stevie Naismith might be back before the end of the season. In other news a pigeon has done a shite on the roof of the new stand, could this be the end ?

Its very good news (would be even better to hear thats he has signed up for next season.)

Could be the difference in us having a proper chance to win the Final ,if we make it. ( no disrepect to Caley).

23 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Its very good news (would be even better to hear thats he has signed up for next season.)

Could be the difference in us having a proper chance to win the Final ,if we make it. ( no disrepect to Caley).

Why on on earth would SN sign for Hearts next season? I’d be astounded if this happens ........

14 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Why on on earth would SN sign for Hearts next season? I’d be astounded if this happens ........

Because we're his best option if he wants to stay in Scotland, and a host of other obvious reasons to do with how great Hearts are.

1 hour ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Positive story. It'll be lucky to get many posts. 

It's not really important like the reserves losing or somebody swearing 1/4 of a mile from the stadium.

??

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, ShedBoy said:

Because we’re Hearts

6 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Why did he come in the first place and we’re you astonished then?

Id imagine staying would be for the same reasons.

Hearts striker Steven Naismith eyes comeback this season after successful knee surgery

By Jordan Elgott

BBC Scotland

• 14 Mar
  • From the sectionHearts
Sharethis page
Steven Naismith
Hearts striker Steven Naismith is optimistic about a swift return to action

Steven Naismith is expected to play again this season after undergoing knee surgery, says Hearts manager Craig Levein.

The on-loan Norwich City striker returned to his parent club this week to undergo a second knee operation in five months.

Levein hopes to have the Scotland forward, 32, available for the end-of-season run-in.

"The surgery went very well," Levein said.

"I think he's quite happy with the operation and so is the surgeon.

"He expects to be back and play some matches before the end of the season."

Naismith has been in stellar form this term, scoring 16 goals in 31 games for club and country.

And while Levein admits losing a player of his calibre "does have an effect", Uche Ikpeazu's return to fitness and form has come at the right time.

The 24-year-old has started Hearts' last seven games since returning from a four-month injury lay-off.

But the forward was criticised after Tuesday night's Scottish Cup quarter-final victory over Partick Thistle, with Firhill manager Gary Caldwell saying "he goes down like my little girl in the park".

"Managers sometimes talk rubbish don't they - including myself," said Levein.

"He doesn't half get some rough treatment, everyone think it's okay to have a pop at him just because he's a big guy.

"But to be fair to him he has handled it well, I don't know if I would be quite as calm under some of the provocation he gets."