U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

12 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Think what will be revealed as the law cases begin and insiders who were afraid to speak while he held power begin to reveal more of the craziness. I feel we could be in for an avalanche of exposure. 

Just for fun I'm gonna let myself believe this is possible. :wink:

11 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You could always just say **** it and become a white supremacist JZ.

It would save you a whole bunch of angst.

:sadrobbo:

Imagine the flag debates and singalongs I could have then! :lol:

But nah, this is better.

No description available.

• Replies 32.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Captain Sausage

@Justin Z we’ve disagreed on plenty political topics over the past few years, but most of what you’ve posted today/yesterday has been bang on the money. 

Don’t blame/shame/ridicule those who voted for Trump. Investigate and correct the reasons for it. 

The whole DNC (including your man Bernie) spent so long bickering between each other and tearing strips off each other for a shot at Trump, doing his job for him. Then came the whole pantomime ‘he’s worse than me so give me your vote’ stage.

Biden has spent his campaign saying a lot of nothing, offering no real vision for the country other than ‘not trump’. **** me, what an inspiration. 

they need to go back to grassroots. To understand what the voters actually want. And to create a vision for how that works. 

As has been posted recently, the scary thing is that Covid is the only reason Trump won’t spent the next four years getting up to god knows what in the White House. He had the economy ticking over and was bizarrely doing pretty well on that front. He was also seen internally as a tough negotiator (read idiot) when dealing with China and the Middle Eastern countries. 

Biden so very nearly managed to mess up his golden ticket in an even more extraordinary manner than Hilary Clinton did in 2016. 

16 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Maybe not. Presume Trump is out, the law will be coming down on him like a ton of bricks. The bulk of the Republican party establishment can't stand him. They know his chaotic craziness is no way to govern.

Think what will be revealed as the law cases begin and insiders who were afraid to speak while he held power begin to reveal more of the craziness. I feel we could be in for an avalanche of exposure. 

Anthony Scaramucci was saying earlier that he didn't expect the GOP establishment to come out swinging for Trump when he starts his legal challenges, because they've secured a long term conservative majority on the supreme court, and have appointed hunners of judges. So Trump has served their purpose, and as you say, they don't ike him.

I think its now beyond any doubt that the Democrats have won the election however based on interactions with a fair amount of Americans over the last few months its also abundantly clear that this is not a vote for Biden but a vote against Trump.

2 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

At this rate, we’ll get Dundee’s vote before Pennsylvania’s.  

Whats the Republicans grounds for filing in Pennsylvania this time?

It's not the greatest showing from the Dems, but this comparison with Hibs is a bit harsh.

At least they're going to win the damn thing! 

CavySlaveJambo
4 minutes ago, Captain Slog said:

Whats the Republicans grounds for filing in Pennsylvania this time?

Same as Michigan. I believe. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

@Justin Z we’ve disagreed on plenty political topics over the past few years, but most of what you’ve posted today/yesterday has been bang on the money. 

Don’t blame/shame/ridicule those who voted for Trump. Investigate and correct the reasons for it.

Cheers. Yeah, this is really the core of it, isn't it?

3 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

The whole DNC (including your man Bernie) spent so long bickering between each other and tearing strips off each other for a shot at Trump, doing his job for him. Then came the whole pantomime ‘he’s worse than me so give me your vote’ stage.

While I agree Bernie put the gloves on to an extent, he famously wouldn't directly criticise Biden, calling him his “friend.” This is an article I remember reading at the time: Bernie Sanders Needs to Attack Joe Biden to Win. Why Won't He?

13 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Biden has spent his campaign saying a lot of nothing, offering no real vision for the country other than ‘not trump’. **** me, what an inspiration. 

they need to go back to grassroots. To understand what the voters actually want. And to create a vision for how that works. 

Biden so very nearly managed to mess up his golden ticket in an even more extraordinary manner than Hilary Clinton did in 2016. 

Spot on once again. And a greater share of Republicans, Biden's primary target, voted for Clinton (10%) than voted for Biden (7%), to boot. :rofl:

24 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Just for fun I'm gonna let myself believe this is possible. :wink:

A little off topic but police behaviour in the Trump era has been discussed so not entirely so. What do you think of this? A video posted just a matter of hours ago. Dorset cop becoming stroppy with a driver.

Now while this cop could have done this infinitely better I think we might both agree this is placid in comparison to how US cops may have handled the situation.

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

These Gravel Institute bawbags keep tweeting in support of Corbyn. Confirmed losers.

They're not big fans of trumped up accusations (pun intended) being weaponised against folk who've been fighting racism their entire lives, whilst furthering the defence of modern apartheid governments.

13 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

A little off topic but police behaviour in the Trump era has been discussed so not entirely so. What do you think of this? A video posted just a matter of hours ago. Dorset cop becoming stroppy with a driver.

Now while this cop could have done this infinitely better I think we might both agree this is placid in comparison to how US cops may have handled the situation.

Yeah, this is nothing compared to American police. Wish behaviour only this bad (and it was) was all we had to deal with in the States.

Just now, Justin Z said:

Yeah, this is nothing compared to American police. Wish behaviour only this bad (and it was) was all we had to deal with in the States.

I thought the guy in the car was being a bit of a prick from the outset.

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

While I don't disagree, being a prick is not a crime, nor is it justification for a officer to say something like “You're getting a ticket for something” which is an incredibly blatant abuse of police power, having already brandished a steel baton for no particular reason.

Edited by Justin Z

Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Joe looking and sounding like a real President of the United States there now 

Very useful post given we've no idea what you've just seen or heard. Thanks for your contribution mate

10 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Very useful post given we've no idea what you've just seen or heard. Thanks for your contribution mate

Ooft :lol: 

43 minutes ago, Barack said:

All getting rather silly now. As expected.

Sending Lara T down to Pennsylvania to come back with evidence of corruption....

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

2 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Bringing this back up for no reason.

:lol: Thank you, had not seen the post previously!

29 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Why's Michigan not getting called? 

60k lead with only 1% to count. Surely a forgone conclusion? 

Nevada can't count their remaining 300,000 votes until Thursday, don't they have hundreds of unemployed black jack dealers that could tally them up in half an hour.

A Boy Named Crow
7 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

No legitimate realistic way back for Trump now. He's done. 🍾

And therein lies the rub 

You know, Ive had some Merkins telling me Im better informed and educated about the election than they are, purely because of you guys - thank you

31 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Neither come out as reasonable people, he sergeant allowed himself to get into a verbal contest, threatened action and done nothing. The driver I suspect saw that the sergeant really hd nothing and was to some extent taunting him. An honest answer, I suspect if I had been the sergeant, he would have got out of the vehicle with me assisting him by the scruff of his neck, but the fact is I had a demeanor  that by appearance alone the other party would comply.

knowing it was getting to scruff of the neck time. 

Салатные палочки
52 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Absolutely pathetic from the police there. Twenty years in the job and acting like a petulant child. 

Just now, jonesy said:

Fox already did.

They've got him at 264.

CNN need to up their game.  Surprised at Fox being so enthusiastic.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Thought the young lad was trying to be a bit of a smart arse, but I think a lot of folk might have reacted in such a manner. The cops handling of the situation is horrendous, what a walloper...a sergeant too🤯

1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

CNN need to up their game.  Surprised at Fox being so enthusiastic.

Thats BBC showing Michigan as a flip now too

Poor lads claiming hes won before the votes are even counted :lol:

Trump claims victory in Pennsylvania, Georgia, North Carolina AND Michigan

11 minutes ago, Boof said:

And you are still educating them - here is ones response:-

FawneToday at 21:58

Ahaha well I mean...
[21:58]
I think it's a hilarious term for us:stuck_out_tongue:

[22:00]
Here, that poor driver would have had a gun drawn on him the moment he said he refused to roll down the window

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Forgot the link:

https://www.rt.com/usa/505637-michigan-pennsylvania-trump-claims/?fbclid=IwAR08_SUkLcHamBJmoRbLFDIG4tJaHCXzjFeCzkuDKCDYNKtyYUiT8Wbozyg

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

And now Trump wants the counting stopped in Michigan.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)