U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

1 minute ago, Sharpie said:

Is the quarantine for Covid or Hibs

:lol: Luckily I've not been in direct contact with any green Leither mutants, so it's just the Covid one

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

Well as we have seen the past 18 hours or so, Biden as the “most electable” is an absolute canard, parroted uncritically by a corporate media interested only in their own ratings and class interests.

Instead the Democrats have lost seats in the House, won't regain the Senate, and barely look to have won the presidency.

I have already shared a few thoughts why I think Sanders would have won this in a landslide, further up the thread.

Thanks Justin. Will find your post. 👍

6 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

:lol: Luckily I've not been in direct contact with any green Leither mutants, so it's just the Covid one

Not surprising. They all seem to be hiding at the moment for some reason.

So, Pennsylvania has found 13 missing ballots after the sweep ordered by the courts.  But didn't the Postmaster General lose 300,000?

6 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Biden wins Wisconsin 👏👏👏

CNN are calling it but, I don't think it's confirmed?

1 minute ago, Stokesy said:

Won't be confirmed until December 1st officially.

Just now, Stokesy said:

The state governor or such who runs the count was on CNN saying they were done, went onto technical details talking about December etc but she eas saying there were very few votes left to count.

This is a useful 40 second clip of Bernie with his finger on the pulse of exactly what has played out, from the other night.

So Nevada , Arizona , Michigan any cause for concern. I mean Nevada looks really close but I presume Clark County is making it pretty much blue.

Edited by vegas-voss

3 minutes ago, steve123 said:

The state governor or such who runs the count was on CNN saying they were done, went onto technical details talking about December etc but she eas saying there were very few votes left to count.

Republicans want a recount too, which they can't request until the official result on 1 December, and their court says they then have 13 days for the recount

3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

So Nevada , Arizona , Michigan any cause for concern. I mean Nevada looks really close but I presume Clark County is making it pretty much blue.

Associated press are showing Arizona for Biden now, and Biden on 238 seats in the College.

1 minute ago, Captain Slog said:

Republicans want a recount too, which they can't request until the official result on 1 December, and their court says they then have 13 days for the recount

Don’t think they’ll have miscounted circa 25000 votes. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

You just have to look at the responses to see how this is going. Dems just sitting waiting patiently, Republicans lodging court action all over the country, dozens of them making statements about confident they are like every two minutes, and Trump himself tweeting conspiracy garbage all day. Surely it's only a matter of time. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Slog said:

Associated press are showing Arizona for Biden now, and Biden on 238 seats in the College.

So Michigan and Nevada it is 

1 minute ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

You just have to look at the responses to see how this is going. Dems just sitting waiting patiently, Republicans lodging court action all over the country, dozens of them making statements about confident they are like every two minutes, and Trump himself tweeting conspiracy garbage all day. Surely it's only a matter of time. 

Showing themselves up as total ******s. They’ll get laughed out of court.  Asking for the count to be stopped in Pen as they are winning, but for every vote in Arizona and Michigan to be counted where they are behind 😂😂😂

10 minutes ago, Captain Slog said:

The AP-sourced map on Google is showing 248 for Biden. 

2 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

The AP-sourced map on Google is showing 248 for Biden. 

Yus, they are counting Wisconsin now.

As Vegass-Voss says, if this holds up, Nevada and Michigan will be enough

Edited by Captain Slog

2 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Trump Filing to get counting stopped in Michigan. 

How does that work? Biden is 40k ahead! 

Edited by Craig_
Maffs

2 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Trump Filing to get counting stopped in Michigan. 

Trump campaign sues to halt counting of votes in Michigan

Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien said the president's reelection campaign has filed a lawsuit in Michigan state court today to stop the counting of ballots, citing inadequate access to vote-tallying locations. 

"As votes in Michigan continue to be counted, the presidential race in the state remains extremely tight as we always knew it would be," Stepien said in a statement. "President Trump's campaign has not been provided with meaningful access to numerous counting locations to observe the opening of ballots and the counting process, as guaranteed by Michigan law."

Stepien said the lawsuit was filed in the Michigan Court of Claims.

In addition to seeking to halt the counting of ballots "until meaningful access has been granted," the Trump campaign is also demanding to "review those ballots which were opened and counted while we did not have meaningful access."

CBS News estimates the presidential race in Michigan is a toss-up, with Biden currently maintaining a slim lead over the president. Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson said there are roughly 100,000 votes left to be counted.

The White Cockade

If that charlatan cons another victory you would have to despair of the intelligence and integrity of American How can anybody with a brain cell vite for that moron?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
4 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

If that charlatan cons another victory you would have to despair of the intelligence and integrity of American How can anybody with a brain cell vite for that moron?

😄

At the last count I saw, 4 million more people have voted for Trump than did in 2016. 4 million who weren't fussed last time but have been motivated enough by all that we've seen in the last four years. That blows my mind. In fact, a lot more than that considering all the women that abandoned him. Insane. 

Gap in Pennsylvania now down to 459,000 with 1.4 million postal votes to count, mostly in Dem strongholds of Philadelphia County and Allegheny (Pittsburgh). Dems are now 4/6 favourites to retake Penn.

If he pulls that one off, it goes to 290-247 in the Electoral College assuming he takes Nevada & Michigan, otherwise it's 270-267. Any margin which gets Dump out is fine by me.

Edited by SwindonJambo

9 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

😄

At the last count I saw, 4 million more people have voted for Trump than did in 2016. 4 million who weren't fussed last time but have been motivated enough by all that we've seen in the last four years. That blows my mind. In fact, a lot more than that considering all the women that abandoned him. Insane. 

Trump got a bigger share of the minority vote than any Republican presidential candidate in the last 60 years.

This is the failure of the Democrats to represent their core constituency playing out like an opera before our eyes.

Edit: In the middle of a pandemic Trump ****ed up, to boot.

Edited by Justin Z

6 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Gap in Pennsylvania now down to 459,000 with 1.4 million postal votes to count, mostly in Dem strongholds of Philadelphia County and Allegheny (Pittsburgh). Dems are now 4/6 favourites to retake Penn.

If he pulls that one off, it goes to 290-247 in the Electoral College assuming he takes Nevada & Michigan, otherwise it's 270-267. Any margin which gets Dump out is fine by me.

I'd love to be able to watch the growing realisation amongst Trump and his family that they're leaving the Whitehouse, and their best chance of staying out of the Big House.

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

Yeah, two weeks of it. They joy of being from the plague capital of the world, thanks Donnie!

Well I'm glad you got back in which may be considered fortunate I suppose given the circumstances. Now you're trapped though. 😉

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
10 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Biden currently on 70m votes passes the highest ever previous total votes cast for a candidate, Obama back in 2008 with 69,498,516

And third highest ever is Trump yesterday. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
2 minutes ago, RobboM said:

He's actually claiming it is the highest 😉

Haha.

Like Justin said though, if not for covid this would have been a Trump landslide. I can't even comprehend that. I have no idea how America gets out of this polarization. It will take one of the most gifted politicians of all time. 

Just now, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Haha.

Like Justin said though, if not for covid this would have been a Trump landslide. I can't even comprehend that. I have no idea how America gets out of this polarization. It will take one of the most gifted politicians of all time. 

Maybe not. Presume Trump is out, the law will be coming down on him like a ton of bricks. The bulk of the Republican party establishment can't stand him. They know his chaotic craziness is no way to govern.

Think what will be revealed as the law cases begin and insiders who were afraid to speak while he held power begin to reveal more of the craziness. I feel we could be in for an avalanche of exposure. 

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Justin Z said:

image.png.efdc5df08e1e923d43d711610c64e871.png

Sixty. Years

You could always just say **** it and become a white supremacist JZ.

It would save you a whole bunch of angst.

:sadrobbo:

CavySlaveJambo

I do not know what to think now. Whether Trump is acting like a dictator or an overgrown toddler who is not getting his own way,  or even both. 

43 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Take a look at some of the opinions expressed in this thread. It's a mixture of extremem delusion and projection. I hope to God that a large chunk of them are Russian trolls.

Governor Tarkin
10 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

I have no idea how America gets out of this polarization. It will take one of the most gifted politicians of all time. 

Or a big **** off shootin'war against the sneaky Chinamen who tried to destroy 'Murca with their virus.

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

You must be  enjoying this, JFK-1, great stuff. I'll miss your anti-Trump polemics tbh - to the point I almost* hope he wins.

*not really.

4 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

I do not know what to think now. Whether Trump is acting like a dictator or an overgrown toddler who is not getting his own way,  or even both. 

Word is he's terrified of losing the shield of the office. It's possible there has been far more criminal behavior than we could imagine but which he knows will come to light once he can't interfere with investigations. Even what we do know will be damning.

I predict his current tantrums will resemble serenity in comparison to the meltdown to come if they declare him beaten. He will have 11 weeks to stew over it and 11 weeks to wreak final destruction.

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

You must be  enjoying this, JFK-1, great stuff. I'll miss your anti-Trump polemics tbh - to the point I almost* hope he wins.

*not really.

Trump wont be going away for sometime to come. He will become crazier and provide more opportunity to discuss the insanity. 

15 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Haha.

Honestly, it's piss easy. Policies, not platitudes. Dems need to redirect their expertise from the latter and start representing their constituents and also attempting outreach to poor, disaffected, rural white folks.

Penn lead for Repubs now down to 383,000 with 1.1 million votes still to count. Dems now 8/13 on to take it. That would remove all doubt.

Edited by SwindonJambo

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)