U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

2 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

The BBC have been talking about the hypothetical 269/269 tie. 

The BBC seem to be focusing on all worst case scenarios and basically asking everyone they interview if they are expecting a riot between now and the postal votes being counted

They have also mentioned the 2000 election and the prospect of litigation regardless of the result.

Edited by jambostuart

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kalamazoo Jambo
2 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Fox have not retracted Arizona after all. 

No they haven’t, and to clarify, that’s not what I was referring to in my tweet. More about it not being a consensus call yet (want to see AP call it).

Anyway, this time I really am going to bed!

Just now, And he’s not praying! said:

Biden, whilst saying not a lot, preempts Trump’s inevitable declaration of victory.

You called it.

Trump already blaming the Polish (or just can't spell polls) and stating he will be announcing later "a big win"

And he’s not praying!
1 minute ago, jambostuart said:

You called it.

Trump already blaming the Polish (or just can't spell polls) and stating he will be announcing later "a big win"

:D 

And he’s not praying!

Arizona is going to be close but even assuming it goes blue, if I were a betting man I’d be backing Trump to prevail. It’s incredibly, incredibly tight and could go either way, however.

A quite astonishing night.

So if Biden wins Arizona and Michigan is that enough or would he also need another.I can't see him taking Pennsylvania to be honest.

And he’s not praying!
4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

So if Biden wins Arizona and Michigan is that enough or would he also need another.I can't see him taking Pennsylvania to be honest.

He’d need Wisconsin and Michigan if he loses Pennsylvania.

I’m with you re: PA

2 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

He’d need Wisconsin and Michigan if he loses Pennsylvania.

I’m with you re: PA

Aye it's a huge amount to make up in Pennsylvania.The others it's realistic to say either way I forgot about Wisconsin I knew there was another but having just woken up after two hours sleep I couldn't quite remember it.

And he’s not praying!
5 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Aye it's a huge amount to make up in Pennsylvania.The others it's realistic to say either way I forgot about Wisconsin I knew there was another but having just woken up after two hours sleep I couldn't quite remember it.

I hear you. 😴

manaliveits105
13 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Trump's winning this, I reckon

:( 

To be fair he did perfect a cool dance to YMCA which might just swing it for him

3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

To be fair he did perfect a cool dance to YMCA which might just swing it for him

In the strange world of America it probably really did swing a few votes for him

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Biden might pinch this but what a poor, poor candidate. Four years of Trump being the biggest fud in the history of man and this is how close it is? The Democrats need shooting 

1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

Has he mentioned that he’s the first president to use floodlights yet?

He taught Bolsonaro how to President. 

To summarise Trump, any state where he's in front he's won them, and any state he's behind he's going to win, no probs.

Basically he's covering all the bases, either he's won, or he's firing the starting pistol on a civil war.

Edited by fancy a brew

And he’s not praying!

He’s setting the stage to deny the results after the ballots are counted, should he lose.

His plan all along. A complete madman.

Just now, fancy a brew said:

To summarise Trump, any state where he's in front he's won them, and any state he's behind he's going to win, no probs.

Basically he's covering all the bases, either he's won, or he's firing the starting pistol on a civil.

Deriding the revelation of states that have been attributed to Biden still with votes to count. 

Then celebrating states being won, still with votes to count. 

5 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Has he mentioned that he’s the first president to use floodlights yet?

Apparently the Dems were financially doped.

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Obama should never have given up he is so far ahead of both these guys it’s criminal

Was Obama not only allowed to serve 2 terms ? 

5 minutes ago, Gone said:

Mind you that was one of the most defeatist speeches I've ever heard

From who ?not a TV just now can you fill me in 

This is going to get messy.

Disappointing to wake up to find out that more than 60 million people voted for him . 

And he’s not praying!

Been clear for some time it’s coming down to Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin should Biden swing Arizona.

I still see it as a big ask for Biden to get 2 from 3.

1 minute ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Been clear for some time it’s coming down to Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin should Biden swing Arizona.

He needs 75% of postal votes to take Pennsylvania so that ain't happening.Im just totally bemused how folk from Michigan can vote Republican after the shit hand they have been dealt from them the last 4 years.

John Gentleman
5 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

He needs 75% of postal votes to take Pennsylvania so that ain't happening.Im just totally bemused how folk from Michigan can vote Republican after the shit hand they have been dealt from them the last 4 years.

Pretty much how I see it going. Oh well, they'll get the president they deserve I suppose...

Ainsley Harriott
17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'd say Trump has lost, why else would you come out with such bile. 

Win win. If he still wins its despite the corruption as hes such a hero. If he loses it was rigged 

He publicly stated, "we are 2.5% ahead in Georgia, with 7% votes to be counted. They can't catch us."

I've just had to spell out to a 'friend' why that is nonsense. Thats not how numbers work...

And he’s not praying!
4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Yep, he’ll close in Pennsylvania but not by that amount.

Crazy, crazy times.

Just now, And he’s not praying! said:

Yep, he’ll close in Pennsylvania but not by that amount.

Crazy, crazy times.

Does Nevada make a difference to things as I think Biden is about to win that.Georgia becoming really tight now as well

19 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

It now looks like Trump is clear.

700,000 up in Pennsylvania.

However, the Dems are out to steal.

If Trump had the guile he'd steal it too. Snooze you lose.

I just hope the Dems have stuffed enough mail sacks.👍

And he’s not praying!
12 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Does Nevada make a difference to things as I think Biden is about to win that.Georgia becoming really tight now as well

I’m basing my projection on Nevada being blue and Georgia red (Georgia is closing but time is running out)

If I’m correct, it still requires 2 from 3 of aforementioned states.

The narrative on the US news outlets is re PA but I think it’s still too big an ask. Wisconsin is the one I’m looking at, should close as postals are counted.

Its going to the wire.

Edited by And he’s not praying!

John Gentleman
1 minute ago, And he’s not praying! said:

I’m basing my projection on Nevada being blue and Georgia red (Georgia is closing but time is running out)

If I’m correct, it still requires 2 from 3 of aforementioned states.

The narrative on the US news outlets is re PA but I think it’s still too big an ask. Wisconsin is the one I’m looking at, should close as postals are counted.

Its going to the wire.

I think counting has ceased in Georgia (Atlanta). Burst water main or something, so they sent the counters hame.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)