U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

In the current circumstances it's an excellent piece of psychological warfare, and particularly so since it's coming from a Republican group. Now somebody smarter than he is which is pretty much everybody may say to him look Donnie they're just trying to get under your skin. Ignore it.

But Donnie being Donnie doesn't have the intellectual capacity to brush it off. It will be driving him even more demented. And they know it.

Exactly! There is absolutely no way he's even capable of ignoring it. It's brilliant.

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unknown user
3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

In the current circumstances it's an excellent piece of psychological warfare, and particularly so since it's coming from a Republican group. Now somebody smarter than he is which is pretty much everybody may say to him look Donnie they're just trying to get under your skin. Ignore it.

But Donnie being Donnie doesn't have the intellectual capacity to brush it off. It will be driving him even more demented. And they know it.

Ken what else drives him demented? The wind.

5ac661d4f41c7831008b478f

c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.jpg

And this one from before his transplants 

trump-bald.jpg

Edited by Smithee

10 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Despite your best intentions, this is super blinkered. True equality / working both ways can only reasonably happen if everyone is starting from the same place. They're not.

Maybe a little comedy can help elucidate what I mean.

(everything he says in the second clip has been official policy in the States for decades whether through slaps on the wrist for outrageous financial crimes, or through legislative, executive and judicial action)

I din't doubt for a moment that there is no 'equal starting place' or at least not in the broadest sense. What i'm saying is that BLM is not the movement to change that. Their methods and their very title are instigating and even creating further division.

I have read this article. I was a civil rights activist in the 1960s. But it’s hard for me to get behind Black Lives Matter

And watched the entirety of this presentation which should be a requirement of US education particularly so in the South. Where they have an alternate, inaccurate, denialist, version of history.

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

Ken what else drives him demented? The wind.

5ac661d4f41c7831008b478f

c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.jpg

And this one from before his transplants 

trump-bald.jpg

Luckily he had great inspiration for maintaining youth from his father. Who in no way ever had plastic surgery. Never. Not even slightly. He just happened to have sideways ears naturally. 

C2CBD2B7-597A-455A-AB08-C13F5CA26DD9.jpeg

vegas-voss
6 hours ago, Tazio said:

Luckily he had great inspiration for maintaining youth from his father. Who in no way ever had plastic surgery. Never. Not even slightly. He just happened to have sideways ears naturally. 

**** me why do they do it 😂

vegas-voss
6 hours ago, Tazio said:

**** me why do they do it 😂

The White Cockade

Trump threatening to cut off funding to schools that don’t open when he wants them to

60000 new cases in States in

24 hours

and all the buffoon is interested in is the next Election

“Things are gonna be great”

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Supreme Court rules SEVEN to 2....

RELEASE TRUMP'S TAX RETURNS!

Get the popcorn out... gonna be interesting when things leak. 🍿

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

His Twitter feed reads like someone who knows they're going to be prosecuted. Makes it more likely he'll be in deep shit but also more likely he won't go quietly or willingly if he loses in November. 

I'm becoming relatively confident that Trump is indeed going to be charged with multiple crimes the moment he's out of that office and i'm not just talking about tax fraud.

Though i'm not sure if it's the case he has to lose this election to be charged. It may be the that if he got a second term he might escape charges due to statute of limitation factors. The Mueller report will be his biggest concern.

There was ample evidence of 'collusion' with the Russian hacking of emails etc, but not criminal conspiracy, or at least criminal conspiracy cannot apparently be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Collusion is a proven but apparently that's not indictable.

The Mueller report found voluminous, "terribly disturbing and terribly well documented" clear evidence of criminality in the form of obstruction of justice. And not by minions, but the personal behaviour of Trump alone.

Mueller simply didn't produce it at the time he presented his investigation because he knew they couldn't lay the charges on a sitting president. He effectively saved it for a later date, a time when he can be charged.

If he loses this election a President Biden and co will be all over him with that evidence and this time he wont be able to run interference. They despise him for obvious reasons. Some of them the same reasons he's despised by all reasonable people.

He also incited others to conduct criminal acts at his behest. They declined presumably because they're not so insane as he is. And presumably didn't want to risk going to jail.

Trump is indisputably a total idiot but even he has to know that's what he's facing if he loses this election. The fan is gathering speed while the shit piles up.

In the following video Sam Harris and a guy called Benjamin Wittes break down the contents of the Mueller report. This is a description of who Benjamin Wittes is.

Benjamin Wittes (born November 5, 1969) is a Senior Fellow in Governance Studies at the Brookings Institution, where he is the Research Director in Public Law, and Co-Director of the Harvard Law School – Brookings Project on Law and Security.

He works principally on issues related to American law and national security. Along with Robert M. Chesney and Jack Goldsmith, Wittes cofounded the Lawfare Blog, which is devoted to the discussion of U.S. national security choices.

Wittes is also a member of the Hoover Institution's Task Force on National Security and Law. Wittes is a frequent speaker on topics of detention, interrogation, and national security, before academic, government, policy, and military audiences. He is also a co-host of the Rational Security podcast.

The Mueller report came in two volumes covering 448 pages. I have primed the video to begin when they turn to discussing the second volume which Benjamin Wittes says contains damning evidence of criminal conduct by Trump.

And obviously if you want to hear them dissect the collusion/conspiracy allegations you can just start it from the beginning. 

Jambo-Jimbo
44 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

His Twitter feed reads like someone who knows they're going to be prosecuted. Makes it more likely he'll be in deep shit but also more likely he won't go quietly or willingly if he loses in November. 

One of my big fears is what his crazies will do, once Trump starts to shout on twitter that he's been cheated and it's all a plot by the deep state and Bill Gates & Mickey Mouse and whoever else he blames.

These nutters, no these armed to the teeth nutters are so far down a labyrinth of rabbit holes that they'll believe anything Trump says.

I really fear this could get really violent, especially the more Trump refuses to accept defeat.

19 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

One of my big fears is what his crazies will do, once Trump starts to shout on twitter that he's been cheated and it's all a plot by the deep state and Bill Gates & Mickey Mouse and whoever else he blames.

These nutters, no these armed to the teeth nutters are so far down a labyrinth of rabbit holes that they'll believe anything Trump says.

I really fear this could get really violent, especially the more Trump refuses to accept defeat.

I'm wondering what he will do if the election is a landslide defeat which would currently at least appear a possibility. But considering the type of crazy he obviously is he still wont accept it. This isn't a normal human adult far less a normal statesman of a major Western nation.

And as you say if he does crash and burn come election time there's likely to be extremism from the crazy followers in the aftermath. Driven even more crazy by the jubilation of the majority that this nightmare is over.

A Churchill quote may be apt.

"This is a War of the Unknown Warriors; but let all strive without failing in faith or in duty, and the dark curse of Hitler will be lifted from our age."

Replace dark curse of Hitler with dark curse  of Trump.

Edited by JFK-1

Maple Leaf
6 hours ago, Barack said:

Supreme Court rules SEVEN to 2....

RELEASE TRUMP'S TAX RETURNS!

C94ABC1F-6B8E-490D-BFAA-5DEE914E7F8E.jpeg.1f967be18a43a85ff5bca3bffd266ba7.jpeg

7-2 is an incredible result. 

That means at least one die-hard Trump loyalist voted against him.

Maple Leaf
4 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I'm becoming relatively confident that Trump is indeed going to be charged with multiple crimes the moment he's out of that office and i'm not just talking about tax fraud.

Though i'm not sure if it's the case he has to lose this election to be charged. It may be the that if he got a second term he might escape charges due to statute of limitation factors. The Mueller report will be his biggest concern.

There was ample evidence of 'collusion' with the Russian hacking of emails etc, but not criminal conspiracy, or at least criminal conspiracy cannot apparently be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Collusion is a proven but apparently that's not indictable.

The Mueller report found voluminous, "terribly disturbing and terribly well documented" clear evidence of criminality in the form of obstruction of justice. And not by minions, but the personal behaviour of Trump alone.

Mueller simply didn't produce it at the time he presented his investigation because he knew they couldn't lay the charges on a sitting president. He effectively saved it for a later date, a time when he can be charged.

If he loses this election a President Biden and co will be all over him with that evidence and this time he wont be able to run interference. They despise him for obvious reasons. Some of them the same reasons he's despised by all reasonable people.

He also incited others to conduct criminal acts at his behest. They declined presumably because they're not so insane as he is. And presumably didn't want to risk going to jail.

Trump is indisputably a total idiot but even he has to know that's what he's facing if he loses this election. The fan is gathering speed while the shit piles up.

In the following video Sam Harris and a guy called Benjamin Wittes break down the contents of the Mueller report. This is a description of who Benjamin Wittes is.

The Mueller report came in two volumes covering 448 pages. I have primed the video to begin when they turn to discussing the second volume which Benjamin Wittes says contains damning evidence of criminal conduct by Trump.

And obviously if you want to hear them dissect the collusion/conspiracy allegations you can just start it from the beginning. 

That was worth listening to.

It was interesting to hear that Trump has indeed committed crimes while in office, and that Mueller is likely to go after him when he leaves office.

Maple Leaf

We recall that Trump claimed the Mueller report exonerated him, a claim supported by his toady Bill Barr.  Here is the exact wording of the Mueller Report Conclusion:

Because we determined not to make a traditional prosecutorial judgment, we did not draw ultimate conclusions about the President's conduct. The evidence we obtained about the President's actions and intent presents difficult issues that would need to be resolved if we were making a traditional prosecutorial judgment. At the same time, if we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, we are unable to reach that judgment. Accordingly, while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.

14 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

We recall that Trump claimed the Mueller report exonerated him, a claim supported by his toady Bill Barr.  Here is the exact wording of the Mueller Report Conclusion:

Because we determined not to make a traditional prosecutorial judgment, we did not draw ultimate conclusions about the President's conduct. The evidence we obtained about the President's actions and intent presents difficult issues that would need to be resolved if we were making a traditional prosecutorial judgment. At the same time, if we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, we are unable to reach that judgment. Accordingly, while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.

Yes indeed, as was illustrated in that video Mueller had no remit to either lay charges or even make an accusation of guilt. All he could was either exonerate Trump, or decline to exonerate him. He declined.

The tax return decision means Drumpf can go into November hiding his finances again, not really a win for truth but still a slap in his orange coupon.  If the clown put as much effort into Covid19 as he has blocking his tax returns they'd be in the clear instead of knee deep in cases btw. Shame dat. 

I predict that no action will be taken on his Tax returns and he'll win the election in November. 

3 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Surely there has to be a point where even those who have been enabling him all this time see the writing is on the wall. This nut is going down and he may even face criminal charges.

Plus, once he is out and all of the rats have deserted the sinking ship, the chances are good even more batshit craziness we currently don't know about his complete unfitness to govern will come to light.

Then what will I look like? From day one countless people have been saying he was obviously unfit for this position. They will be proven correct while I will be one of those who claimed he wasn't just fit but went along with his greatest president ever insanity. Enabling everything the maniac said and did.

Surely that carries a massive loss of credibility in respect of holding any high position. We expect at least rational judgement from people in high positions.

Deeming this thing fit to govern is not only poor judgment it has to be tending towards sheer stupidity.

The statute of limitation on obstruction of justice charges, as Rep. Mike Quigley (D-IL) made plain in the day’s second Mueller hearing, is only five years. That means if Trump were to secure a second term, his eight years in office, under the protection of the OLC memo, would place him beyond the reach of the law.

4 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Kavanaugh did.

Unknown user
5 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

The statute of limitation on obstruction of justice charges, as Rep. Mike Quigley (D-IL) made plain in the day’s second Mueller hearing, is only five years. That means if Trump were to secure a second term, his eight years in office, under the protection of the OLC memo, would place him beyond the reach of the law.

A decent lawyer could get round that easily I reckon. I'm sure there have been cases in the past where the time only runs from the day it was first possible to prosecute.

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

A decent lawyer could get round that easily I reckon. I'm sure there have been cases in the past where the time only runs from the day it was first possible to prosecute.

I have no idea. But let's presume he could indeed escape if he makes that second term. That's obviously a massive encouragement to get that second term, dare I say by hook or by crook as he did the first.

Because I think we can be confident that if Biden wins the election the Dems are going to be going after him all guns blazing. He has stepped over so many lines of statesman like and simple everyday civil conduct we expect from normal human beings they will be desperate to bring him to book.

He wilkl do anything, absolutely anything to avoid defeat in this election. He will and is putting countless thousands of lives at risk to do so.

Demonstrably false. Trump Falsely Says COVID-19 Surge ‘Only’ Due to Testing, Misleads on Deaths

Not sure how he would explain away the rising deaths either, he hasn't made any attempt to, yet. Is testing responsible for killing more people?

Why aren't cases rising in the UK? The Uk has actually conducted more test per head of population than the US has. Uk has conducted 9,662,051 tests as of July 2nd, so presumably even more now.

The US has 5 times as many people but judging from Trumps claim of 40 million tests haven't conducted 5 times as many tests. The maniac could potentially cost hundreds of thousand their lives with his crass ignorance and total lack of empathy for anything but what he personally desires.

All while repeatedly blustering that it will "go away, it will disappear like a miracle"

That would indeed be miraculous. But personally I don't believe in miracles and would be thinking anyone looking for a miracle to get out of this shit storm is insane.

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Well, maybe some places, but surely not good ol' Mississippi.

Brilliant movie.

9 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Brilliant movie.

Agreed, a classic of the genre. The acting from all participants in just that scene alone is of a sterling quality. And of course the fact the film is depicting a true story makes the whole thing all the more powerful. 

12 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Surely there has to be a point where even those who have been enabling him all this time see the writing is on the wall. This nut is going down and he may even face criminal charges.

Plus, once he is out and all of the rats have deserted the sinking ship, the chances are good even more batshit craziness we currently don't know about his complete unfitness to govern will come to light.

Then what will I look like? From day one countless people have been saying he was obviously unfit for this position. They will be proven correct while I will be one of those who claimed he wasn't just fit but went along with his greatest president ever insanity. Enabling everything the maniac said and did.

Surely that carries a massive loss of credibility in respect of holding any high position. We expect at least rational judgement from people in high positions.

Deeming this thing fit to govern is not only poor judgment it has to be tending towards sheer stupidity.

I think there are probably a few of even his own diehard supporters will be worried about them being the ones facing the charges rather than it being him.

I can't remember what the vlog was (may have been TYT -The Young Turks probably - do you know if they have a form of validity or are conspiracy theorists?) but while Kushner is the defacto President, he has also been asked to formally lead the re-election campaign however he is saying his hands are too full.  In reality he knows it's likely Trump will lose and all hell will break loose within the Trump family when he does and JK will incur the full wrath of the heid banger's fury. 

Edited by DETTY29

Gene Hackman is a fecking legend. A great actor, who I think is very under appreciated. 

Oh and feck Donald Trump! 

16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Gene Hackman is a fecking legend. A great actor, who I think is very under appreciated. 

Well said on both points.

The Real Maroonblood
17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:greatpost:

2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

I can't remember what the vlog was (may have been TYT -The Young Turks probably - do you know if they have a form of validity or are conspiracy theorists?)

The Young Turks have a liberal/left bias but no they're not conspiracy theorists of any flavour. 

4 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

I wouldn't be too concerned about that. Other models which have had past success are predicting a massive defeat for Trump. And there's this.

The one thing many predictions seem to agree on is that the election could rest crucially on Mr Trump’s leadership of the US through the coronavirus pandemic and mitigating the public health crisis’s impact on the economy in the upcoming months before November.

Trump is an idiot on a level the models simply don't account for because never has there been such an idiot in the equation. Day after day his handling of the pandemic continues on a path from disastrous to ever more catastrophic.

When his sanest stab at it has been continually predicting a miracle, which is on some level slightly less crazy than his disinfectant hypothesis,we can be relatively confident the crazy will continue and the pandemic will continue raging in the US.

He isn't going to wake up smart one day over the next 4 months.

26 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I wouldn't be too concerned about that. Other models which have had past success are predicting a massive defeat for Trump. And there's this.

Trump is an idiot on a level the models simply don't account for because never has there been such an idiot in the equation. Day after day his handling of the pandemic continues on a path from disastrous to ever more catastrophic.

When his sanest stab at it has been continually predicting a miracle, which is on some level slightly less crazy than his disinfectant hypothesis,we can be relatively confident the crazy will continue and the pandemic will continue raging in the US.

He isn't going to wake up smart one day over the next 4 months.

One of his many weaknesses is that he's incapable of admitting he was wrong about anything, ever.

That means his approach to COVID-19 will stay the same, and he will continue his "March of Folly", as Barbara Tuchmann would say.

Jambo-Jimbo

I hear the outfitter to 40 out of the 45 Presidents including Trump, Brooks Brothers has filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy.

The ordinary workers who may lose their jobs have my full complete sympathy, but that is as far as my sympathy goes.

10 years ago these barstewards put us out of business, the oldest knitwear mill in Scotland gone overnight, the heart & soul ripped out of the town, and it's never recovered, from what Brooks Brothers did to us, so I won't lose any sleep if they go the same way as we did.

6 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

I think there are probably a few of even his own diehard supporters will be worried about them being the ones facing the charges rather than it being him.

I can't remember what the vlog was (may have been TYT -The Young Turks probably - do you know if they have a form of validity or are conspiracy theorists?) but while Kushner is the defacto President, he has also been asked to formally lead the re-election campaign however he is saying his hands are too full.  In reality he knows it's likely Trump will lose and all hell will break loose within the Trump family when he does and JK will incur the full wrath of the heid banger's fury. 

14 hours ago, Smithee said:

For what it's worth, that was my immediate thought. Use his own legal arguments against him, i.e. "He's been claiming all this immunity and even litigated it, so surely that means time has been tolled (suspended) on the statute of limitations while he had this immunity."

Trump cancels a rally in New Hampshire, claiming that a huge tropical storm is about to hit Portsmouth.

It's not.

He's actually postponing it because of turnout concerns.

:jj:

I get why Trump wants these rallies, these rallies are the only thing he likes about being president and campaigning. He continued holding them even after being elected because it's all he likes about the job.

This constant need for attention, reassurance that he isn't the total idiot he deep down knows everybody has always labeled him. He can hold these dimwitted whoop fests where they yeeha like the numb nuts they are at every meaningless grunt he makes. I get that.

But beyond that I really don't see the point. These empty headed hicks will vote for him regardless. He can spout his overt racism and conspiracy babble on the internet and they would still be whooping and voting for him.

I simply don't see it getting him anything else but the whoopers he already has. Is anybody on the fence really interested in the utter shit he spouts at these whoop fests?

He spent 14 minutes at the Tulsa debacle fixating on the mockery of his ramp walking. Is that going to win or remotely interest a single undecided?

People will vote on the basis of his 14 minute dissection of stumbling on a ramp? I just don't get it. 

Trump dedicated 1,798 words to retelling the story of his speech to cadets and his halting, tentative walk down a ramp after the address. By way of comparison, Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address was 272 words -- or roughly one-sixth as long.

The retelling, which also included a reenactment by Trump of his walk down the ramp, ran 14 minutes and 15 seconds, according to The Washington Post's Philip Bump. 

Edited by JFK-1

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)