U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

20 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Waits to see what response he gets on twitter, then sends his pet lap dogs out to say it was a joke.

Remember it's only a few weeks ago that he was joking about people injecting bleach inside them to kill covid, aye ok Donald.

At the same time, he was suggesting that people insert ultraviolet light into a body cavity. :facepalm:

The Tulsa fiasco has sent shock waves through the Trump campaign.  They were expecting a full-house (19,000) inside the arena and got 6,200, and were expecting circa 40,000 outside and got ... naebody! I wouldn't be surprised if some people are replaced in the campaign management. C'mon down, Kellyanne Conway.  

"He was joking" seems to be the new go-to excuse for his absurd statements. I guess that no-one is buying the "Fake news" nonsense anymore.  To make any kind of 'joke' about a disease that's killed 120,000 Americans is appalling, but his acolytes excuse him for everything. His reference about COVID being 'kung flu' had his fellow racists rolling in the aisles, but it would have got him fired in any company I worked for.

He's a disgrace as a human being, and unsuitable for even the job of dog-catcher in Schitt'z Creek, Alabama

• Replies 32.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not that I really want any serious politician to imitate Trump in any way, but.

Given that Trump does have plausible suggestions of criminality around him and further suggestions he may be going to jail when ousted from office.

I was wondering if it might drive Trump over the edge if Biden were to make part of his campaigning a chant of "lock him up". Aping the chants Trumps witless crowds screamed about Hillary.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
9 minutes ago, Cade said:

Trump doesn't seem to be fighting the 2020 election.

He's still fighting the 2016 one.

Unfortunately that might be effective. Hilary Clinton's name got the biggest jeer of the night in Tulsa. Closely followed predictably by AOC and Ilhan Omar. I know most of the men do but even women who support Trump hate women. 🙄

2 hours ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

There was a campaign to stop his genuine supporters getting tickets, seemingly it worked. 

k-pop fans :45:

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Not that I really want any serious politician to imitate Trump in any way, but.

Given that Trump does have plausible suggestions of criminality around him and further suggestions he may be going to jail when ousted from office.

I was wondering if it might drive Trump over the edge if Biden were to make part of his campaigning a chant of "lock him up". Aping the chants Trumps witless crowds screamed about Hillary.

That would be great, except that the wimpy Democrats believe in the mantra "when they go low, we go high."

Too many people among the Dems would go tsk tsk if Biden were to do that.

On 21/06/2020 at 02:20, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Just called Covid19 "kung flu" to huge cheers. 

These people need extensive therapy. 

Is it wrong that I laughed at that?

😄

27 minutes ago, jake said:

Is it wrong that I laughed at that?

😄

Yes.  470,000 deaths worldwide, 120,000 deaths in America say it's wrong to make a joke.

This may not be the right thread but I can't find a more appropriate one...

Given Derek Chauvin's misconduct record.. would a '3 strikes' policy work for law enforcement officers?

2 hours ago, Boof said:

Given Derek Chauvin's misconduct record.. would a '3 strikes' policy work for law enforcement officers?

I'd go with that, as long as it's confirmed "strikes" otherwise its too open to scurrilous accusations.

I would also say that the Police have a terribly difficult job and the vast  vast majority are in the job and do the job in the right way and for the right reasons. 

6 hours ago, Justin Z said:

He even lost the Battle of the Orange Makeup to his collar

wrong he is so lovely his shirt wants  piece of him like a fan getting an autograph

He should look on the bright side. If he can avoid prison he can carry on his 'celebrity' career as the face of Tango.

Tango-20140702040406538.jpg

On 21/06/2020 at 08:29, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Biden, by a length the size of the Milky Way. 

That wasn't a hard question. Besides, you're lucky if ten people on this forum will actually be able to vote so it's all mostly moot. 

There is no comparison between any suggestion of Biden unsuitably and that of Trump. If Biden is crooked he's a low level street pickpocket in comparison to the top level organised criminal that is Trump. And let's be frank, Trump doesn't give the proverbial flying about the welfare or betterment of the nation unless it coincides with the welfare and betterment of Trump.

This is a documentary about Trump from 1991 when there was no reason for anyone to have any political grievance with Trump. A documentary Trump worked to prevent being broadcast for 25 years. It didn't appear till it was made available online in 2015.

A striking exposure of the shady practices bordering on outright criminality and sheer immorality of Trump.

All roads lead to Gorgie
8 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Looks like his face is "running" for re-election more enthusiastically than the rest of him. 

5 hours ago, Boof said:

One of the BLM threads might have been better, lots of police disciplinary talk there.

10 hours ago, Justin Z said:

It's quite sad that a 74-year old man has such low self-esteem that he has to cover his face with make-up.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

It's quite sad that a 74-year old man has such low self-esteem that he has to cover his face with make-up.

He probably suffers from Histrionic Personality Disorder.

SectionDJambo
On 22/06/2020 at 15:23, I P Knightley said:

I hope the UK police monitor his whereabouts in the 14 days after he returns and pinch him if he goes out. 

Let’s hope so. He surely doesn’t want any preferential treatment from British law, now that he got his wish that those pesky European laws were getting in the way of proper law and order. 
Tulsa has a high infection rate. He should definitely be strictly monitored, especially as he has a history of breaking U.K. lockdown, so he could go down to the English Channel to look out for migrant boats. 
He surely doesn’t think he’s as important as Dominic Cummings?

Trump: "I've stopped gaining weight since I stopped weighing myself.

It's beautiful.  I'm amazing."

36 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Trump: "I've stopped gaining weight since I stopped weighing myself.

It's beautiful.  I'm amazing."

He truly doesn't grasp the sheer stupidity of his rambling. There appears to be no process of engaging brain and mouth. Or, if there is, the brain in his case is inadequate. To illustrate that I will re post the Elton John ramble. With the part relevant to this post in bold.

“I have broken more Elton John records. He seems to have a lot of records. And I, by the way, I don’t have a musical instrument. I don’t have a guitar or an organ. No organ. Elton has an organ.

And lots of other people helping. No, we’ve broken a lot of records. We’ve broken virtually every record. Because you know, look, I only need this space. They need much more room. For basketball, for hockey and all of the sports, they need a lot of room.

We don’t need it. We have people in that space. So we break all of these records. Really, we do it without, like, the musical instruments.

This is the only musical – the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth, right? The brain. More important than the mouth is the brain. The brain is much more important.”

Truly doesn't get the irony after such a witless/bizarre ramble.

All roads lead to Gorgie
19 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Someone should have told him it was a mistake to dry his face with the dish cloth used to clean last nights curry plates

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

10 hours ago, Sharpie said:

One of the BLM threads might have been better, lots of police disciplinary talk there.

I would agree, Bob, but at that time I couldn't find one on the first few pages. 

J.T.F.Robertson
6 hours ago, Cade said:

God, that almost makes me feel sorry for him. (may just be the REM number)

2 hours ago, Boof said:

I would agree, Bob, but at that time I couldn't find one on the first few pages. 

I wasn't being nasty thought I would say something polite before you got some smartass trying to be smart.

Edited by Sharpie

chuck berrys hairline

The noose found at Talladega at the weekend was just a pullcord for the shutter door. Fbi investigates and closes the case. The left are thick asf and all that stramash and posturing for nothing. Terrance just put the video interview up. Bubba Wallace has alot to answer for i think he manufactured all this along with blm

Edited by chuck berrys hairline

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
27 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

The noose found at Talladega at the weekend was just a pullcord for the shutter door. Fbi investigates and closes the case. The left are thick asf and all that stramash and posturing for nothing. Terrance just put the video interview up. Bubba Wallace has alot to answer for i think he manufactured all this along with blm

I've seen some batshit posts in my time but Christ almighty...

😄

John Gentleman
On 23/06/2020 at 12:43, Justin Z said:

Dead man walking. I notice that 'Joanna' seems to be keeping her distance from him of late.......telling, perhaps? Or has she been fired along with that sleazy man of hers? The Trumps sure are one dysfunctional family.

Edited by John Gentleman

6 hours ago, Sharpie said:

I wasn't being nasty thought I would say something polite before you got some smartass trying to be smart.

I certainly didn't take it as you being uppity. I was actually quite surprised that I couldn't find a more appropriate thread 😕 

Hope all's well with you.

I remember someone called out The return of Anon a while back as “not necessarily friendly” to Biden. This is the sort of stuff Trump will be happy to see.

14 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

I remember someone called out The return of Anon a while back as “not necessarily friendly” to Biden. This is the sort of stuff Trump will be happy to see.

@maroonlegions

Can the crook actually stop states accepting perfectly legal and highly appropriate postal votes in Nov? Insane corruption if so.

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Can the crook actually stop states accepting perfectly legal and highly appropriate postal votes in Nov? Insane corruption if so.

No he can't. But the major purpose is to claim fraud after being beaten. He claimed it was rigged in 2016 even though he won. What do you think a crazed wacko like this will be like in defeat?

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

No he can't. But the major purpose is to claim fraud after being beaten. He claimed it was rigged in 2016 even though he won. What do you think a crazed wacko like this will be like in defeat?

Hopefully he’ll self combust.

3 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

Pence tried to show his mastery of stairs. So close.

Pense trying to act cool and nonchalant ... God punished him for his vanity! :wink:

No revelations from Bolton, just confirmation that Trump is everything that people have been saying about him.

I liked the comment from Bolton that when Trump was dealing with one of the world's autocrats, it "was not a fair fight".  The other guys manipulated him easily because Trump was simply unprepared for the discussions.  He refused to be briefed, he just wanted to go with his gut feeling and make a deal.

12 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

It's embarrassing to say the least that the fact that it was a pullcord wasn't determined much earlier on, but that last sentence of yours is nuts.

43 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I liked the comment from Bolton that when Trump was dealing with one of the world's autocrats, it "was not a fair fight".  The other guys manipulated him easily because Trump was simply unprepared for the discussions.  He refused to be briefed, he just wanted to go with his gut feeling and make a deal.

How can you prepare someone who has the attention span of a tweet? It's been stated by many who have worked in there that he wont read anything and can't shut up long enough to listen to what anyone tries to tell him.

And why would he? Trump knows more about everything than anybody in the history of the world.

As for gut feelings keep in mind we're talking about someone who said this to conspiracy wacko Alex Jones.

"Your reputation is amazing. I will not let you down"

A bit like a UK prime minister marveling about how amazing David Icke is. Political suicide in the UK but just normal everyday life in Trumpland. 

Edited by JFK-1

6 hours ago, jake said:

It's very quiet from conservatives.

Just saying.......

Trump's doing poorly in the polls, he has mishandled the government's response to the pandemic, the economy is in trouble, unemployment is high.  Conservatives (ie Republicans) are worried about his election chances and their fortunes are tied to him.

They all know that Trump turns vicious with any Republican that shows the least bit of disloyalty, so they're keeping quiet.

Unknown user
21 hours ago, Mysterion said:

Easily manipulated fools, Trump's campaign had them dancing like puppets last time - remember Hillary being a satan worshipper ffs?

The amount of people who'll blindly follow the agenda of an organisation with no identifiable leader, no published agenda, no accountability is astonishing in this day and age.

They'll make an attempt to look like they're balanced, but make no mistake, they'll throw so much mud at Biden because they're trying to get Flump elected again.

Wonder how much their leader got this time.

I see no way back for Trump, he's a spent force. Now while it's not impossible for him to still be re-elected it currently appears highly unlikely. With the main doubts of him being ousted focusing around fears based on little more than the fact he was elected the first time when no one thought it possible.

I see that as an anomaly that simply wont be repeated. Even the blindest of the blind are now beginning to see that this freak show is dangerous. They have all had their laugh a large part of which was simply an up yours directed at Hillary Clinton.

It was noted in the 2016 campaign that he was not just less than statesmanlike  but at times scarcely sane with his tangential rambling. But many people even media commentators who opposed him thought it's probably just an act. He will be different in office. Will become serious and try to learn the job. 

But that didn't happen. Trump is not multi faceted. What you see is what you get. Always. And now it's time to get serious. You can't run a major nation on conspiracy theories. The joke is no longer funny and the Bolton book is just one line of evidence illustrating what a disaster this idiot is.

A disaster it's going to take years to recover from and a disaster which if it continues into a second term may never be recovered from.

The most interesting thing about it is going to be the meltdown if the bad polling maintains and perhaps becomes even worse. The rats will begin to desert the proverbial sinking ship in droves.

All claiming they always knew he was a deranged nutcase but were simply hanging in there trying to reduce the damage for the good of the country. Plus once the shield of office is gone there will be no ability to constantly hinder investigation of questionable and even criminal activity.

Trump enablers are already in jail even while he is still in office. Just some examples.

Trump's former personal attorney Michael Cohen: Received a three-year prison sentence in Dec. 2018 for tax evasion, bank fraud, lying to Congress and campaign finance violations.

Roger Stone: Sentenced to 40 months in prison for crimes that include obstruction of justice, lying to Congress and witness tampering. A federal jury convicted Stone last year after he lied to Congress about his efforts to learn more about when WikiLeaks would publish damaging emails about Hillary Clinton during the 2016 presidential election.

And that's just a sample. Picture the panic of those still enabling as the ship sinks lower in the water. It's going to be a glorious sight.

I reckon if the American public see images like this it will be the end of him. Though of course the tinfoil hat wearers will always deny facts as conspiracy. 

4923E747-33CB-4E14-A510-E3B5CB22F609.png

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)