U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

Trump's been posting faked "news" videos all night, as well as attack ads against Antifa which actually featured an upside-down red triangle, which was the Nazi death camp symbol for political prisoners, communists and anarchists.

:cornette_dog:

Facebook has removed his nazi imagery posts.

Twitter has flagged his videos as fake.

He's totally losing it.

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Cade said:

Trump's been posting faked "news" videos all night, as well as attack ads against Antifa which actually featured an upside-down red triangle, which was the Nazi death camp symbol for political prisoners, communists and anarchists.

:cornette_dog:

Facebook has removed his nazi imagery posts.

Twitter has flagged his videos as fake.

He's totally losing it.

And while that would be viewed as batshit crazy if for example Obama had exhibited such behaviour, with Trump it's just normal so people and the media just don't give it much notice. Batshit crazy is the norm for him.

For it to get any real notice he has to climb to new levels of crazy which may be coming.

What would have been the reaction if something like the following had been revealed about Obama?

Former national security adviser John Bolton claims in his forthcoming memoir that President Trump once said reporters “should be executed” and even requested that his White House counsel contact the Justice Department to discuss whether jailing journalists would be possible.

If that had been revealed about Obama everyone including all of the people currently standing behind this freak show would have lost their minds.

But since it's him the type of mindset we expect to see in North Korea or any number of tinpot dictatorships just isn't a big deal. Crazy is the new normal.

And further irony lies in the fact that he campaigned on claiming the US was an international laughing stock and he was going to change that. Actually is it ironic or funny? I can't decide which.

Fake news?

US President Donald Trump is addressing supporters at his first campaign rally since March, when the US coronavirus lockdown began.

Earlier this week, Mr Trump boasted on Twitter that almost a million people had requested tickets for the event at Tulsa's Bank of Oklahoma Center.

But the 19,000-seat arena was far from full and plans for him to address an outside "overflow" area were abandoned.

The Trump campaign initially said that the president and Vice-President Mike Pence would first speak at an outdoor stage set up for overflow crowds.

When the numbers failed to appear, campaign officials cancelled the outdoor appearance, blaming "radical protesters" and the media for attempting to "frighten off" supporters. Inside the arena itself, the upper tier was largely empty.

In his opening remarks, Mr Trump said there had been "very bad people outside, they were doing bad things", but did not elaborate.

FULL ARTICLE

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Just called Covid19 "kung flu" to huge cheers. 

These people need extensive therapy. 

Attendees signed a waiver protecting the Trump campaign from responsibility for any illness.

Classic. If you're stupid enough to be out here in a crowd during the biggest killer pandemic in modern history then it's not my fault you're so stupid. But don't die before you vote, idiot. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Claimed he asked for Covid testing to be slowed to stop the numbers climbing. White House spokesperson says he was "clearly joking".

Either scenario is inhuman. 

1 hour ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Claimed he asked for Covid testing to be slowed to stop the numbers climbing. White House spokesperson says he was "clearly joking".

Either scenario is inhuman. 

Will it be ironic or laughable if this Oklahoma stupidity initiates an outbreak? Maybe both? Incidentally I live in Oklahoma.

Hours before the event began, officials said six staff members involved in organising the rally had tested positive.

44 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Will it be ironic or laughable if this Oklahoma stupidity initiates an outbreak? Maybe both? Incidentally I live in Oklahoma.

Why is this stupid, but the BLM/Antifa marches are not? 

Personally, none of them should be permitted, but you can't allow one and not the other, without equal condemnation. 

Edited by ri Alban

8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Personally, none of them should be permitted, but you can't allow one and not the other, without equal condemnation. 

Turn that around, why is it acceptably rational to do this?

I wouldn't have advised any of the two and the protest gatherings were indeed roundly and widely condemned by both the administartion and others. So what are you even talking about in that respect?

Plus the protesters were lets call them civilians/citizens who decidedly rightly or wrongly to exercise their democratic rights by protesting an effective murder by police caught on video. They weren't any part of the administration who again condemned the gatherings in the midst of a pandemic.

This Trump farce was a needless gathering that could have been conducted online where the seals could whoop as usual alone. Organised by not just the administration but the ego-maniacal  moron who leads it.

But you think they're simply equally stupid apparently meriting equal condemnation. That we should expect no more sense from the administration than we do from fired up civilians. Well actually I suppose when it comes to this orange halfwit we generally don't.

A needless mass gathering indoors as opposed to the outdoor protests while the scientists tell us that the chances of the virus being transmitted are greatly increased indoors.

Which merits not just equal condemnation but even more condemnation for the pointless stupidity.

12 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I wouldn't have advised any of the two and the protest gatherings were indeed roundly and widely condemned by both the administartion and others. So what are you even talking about in that respect?

Plus the protesters were lets call them civilians/citizens who decidedly rightly or wrongly to exercise their democratic rights by protesting an effective murder by police caught on video. They weren't any part of the administration who again condemned the gatherings in the midst of a pandemic.

This Trump farce was a needless gathering that could have been conducted online where the seals could whoop as usual alone. Organised by not just the administration but the ego-maniacal  moron who leads it.

But you think they're simply equally stupid apparently meriting equal condemnation. That we should expect no more sense from the administration than we do from fired up civilians. Well actually I suppose when it comes to this orange halfwit we generally don't.

A needless mass gathering indoors as opposed to the outdoor protests while the scientists tell us that the chances of the virus being transmitted are greatly increased indoors.

Which merits not just equal condemnation but even more condemnation for the pointless stupidity.

It's not acceptable, but outrage only seems to go one way. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

This is a trump thread.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

This is a trump thread.

Yeah, but fairs fair. 

How can I put it. Would an independence supporter look stupid  if they condemned the Orange Order for their parades, whilst marching AUOB and vice versa. 

Having a go at Trump whilst praising Protests is a bit hypocritical. 

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

No it doesn't. Do I need to repeat what I said? And as someone else just pointed out should I come on the Trump thread and castigate all and sundry? You want to castigate protesters? There's a thread for it. But even so I said this.

21 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I wouldn't have advised any of the two and the protest gatherings were indeed roundly and widely condemned by both the administration and others. So what are you even talking about in that respect?

So again, what are you even talking about?

Did you see it this time? Is triplicate required?

And who else do you think should be castigated on the Trump thread? I think no one and especially so parties there is already another thread for.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Yeah, but fairs fair. 

How can I put it. Would an independence supporter look stupid  if they condemned the Orange Order for their parades, whilst marching AUOB and vice versa. 

Having a go at Trump whilst praising Protests is a bit hypocritical. 

Whether you approve or not one is an emotional and popular movement, disorganised and mostly human beings reacting to a situation.

The other is a very rich and powerful organisation preaching to the converted in an event designed to make a very rich and powerful man even more so. 

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Whether you approve or not one is an emotional and popular movement, disorganised and mostly human beings reacting to a situation.

The other is a very rich and powerful organisation preaching to the converted in an event designed to make a very rich and powerful man even more so. 

They're all bellends. End of. 

Mac_fae_Gillie
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Agreed, but the BLM marches are about momentum they own the now, to stop and wait 6months or a year could mean an end to it. Yes it is a serious risk of increasing virus spread but it is out doors and lot of them wearing masks..

The Trump rally was indoors next to none wearing masks and it does not need to be held. Just do political ads on TV in newspapers put out videos on FB and Twitter, this is the Man that is in charge breaking every bit of advice from the experts cuss he loves to play to a crowd...

4 minutes ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Agreed, but the BLM marches are about momentum they own the now, to stop and wait 6months or a year could mean an end to it. Yes it is a serious risk of increasing virus spread but it is out doors and lot of them wearing masks..

The Trump rally was indoors next to none wearing masks and it does not need to be held. Just do political ads on TV in newspapers put out videos on FB and Twitter, this is the Man that is in charge breaking every bit of advice from the experts cuss he loves to play to a crowd...

Masks? Aye, to hide their identity. Nothing else. 

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Sound, but this is a trump thread 

Yes. He's a bellend. And will be sorted out in November 👍 Probably because his supporters will be fecked with Covid. 

Edited by ri Alban

8 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Classic. If you're stupid enough to be out here in a crowd during the biggest killer pandemic in modern history then it's not my fault you're so stupid. But don't die before you vote, idiot. 

:)

4 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

No it doesn't. Do I need to repeat what I said? And as someone else just pointed out should I come on the Trump thread and castigate all and sundry? You want to castigate protesters? There's a thread for it. But even so I said this.

So again, what are you even talking about?

Did you see it this time? Is triplicate required?

And who else do you think should be castigated on the Trump thread? I think no one and especially so parties there is already another thread for.

I castigate everyone. Unlike you. 

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I don't know what they are saying on the news for you guys in UK, but I have seen frequent condemnations on here about the disregard for Virus safety at the protests. JFK 1 has stated the case excellently in his post. 

If the police should try to act on thousands of people in a demonstration march to take action on no distancing, or masks what would be the result. The police would be the arm of discipline, and the despots the  demos are all about. Is there someone on here who could provide me with the strategy the police would use to curb this problem.

Do the demo organisers have any responsibility, I guess not because these peaceful demonstrations are in fact definitely not , they in fact are like a boiling pot with something that is allowed to cook properly can produce a dish that is both pleasant to eat and enjoy. If allowed to boil over though the whole thing is a waste of content and instead a thing of damage.

Banging on about his shoe soles.

Banging on about hordes of troublemakers outside (there was nobody there).

Calling Biden a commie.

Tragic.

I watched the rally last night, what a farce. The stadium with lots of empty seats, outside the stadium empty not a soul around. No film of activity which would deter attendance, I suppose it is possible the statistics for cases in Oklahoma are rising. 

The actual speech was the usual rhetoric, the wave about fake news up there, the I done what no one else has done, criticism of Joe Biden fair enough he is the opposition.

The long long explanation about why he looked so bad at West Point last week, he had to salute six hundred times so his arm was tired when he raised the glass of water which he was careful not to spill because it would damage his highly expensive tie. His stagger down the thirty foot ramp because of leather shoes which had slippy soles, and the claim they did not show the last ten feet which he ran down.

What really struck me was the reactions of the crowd, I think I have watched every rally. Usually there is a hysterical waving and clapping, quite often cameras went on this crowd and people were just standing while others were doing the clapping and waving. Mebbe I was seeing what I wanted to see but it just seemed like some were just not accepting things being said.  Of course Jim Jordan was there displaying a smile of hero worship at his President and leader, when the inevitable coup comes somehow I just see him in the group with the ultimate acolyte who becomes the one administering the stab in the back.

Edited by Sharpie

Has anyone seen the Biden thing where he is booed by his own supporters over immigration and deportation?

His record in office oversaw the imprisonment of black Americans at levels unmatched world wide.

His record in office saw unemployment soar amongst black Anericans.

His record in office saw international policy by bombing.

Although I believe Trumps having a go at catching that.

You should watch Bidens speech regarding his bill on crime and immigration.

Loaded with racist innuendo.

If I had a vote in these elections I'd have to judge on the records of both while in government.

So whose is best?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
13 minutes ago, jake said:

Has anyone seen the Biden thing where he is booed by his own supporters over immigration and deportation?

His record in office oversaw the imprisonment of black Americans at levels unmatched world wide.

His record in office saw unemployment soar amongst black Anericans.

His record in office saw international policy by bombing.

Although I believe Trumps having a go at catching that.

You should watch Bidens speech regarding his bill on crime and immigration.

Loaded with racist innuendo.

If I had a vote in these elections I'd have to judge on the records of both while in government.

So whose is best?

Biden, by a length the size of the Milky Way. 

That wasn't a hard question. Besides, you're lucky if ten people on this forum will actually be able to vote so it's all mostly moot. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
5 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Pink is a Jambo  😆(needs audio on).

Haha. She should expect a Twitter mensh any time now. Probably about her looks. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

So the clown thinks the number of virus cases in the states is high because they are testing TOO many people. I've heard it all now. 

This buffoon is a liability to the human race! 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

So the clown thinks the number of virus cases in the states is high because they are testing TOO many people. I've heard it all now. 

This buffoon is a liability to the human race! 

He was only joking.

Says it all about this cretin.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

His own trade advisor saying this morning that the 'joke' was "tongue in cheek, a lighter moment". 

Come on, cut them some slack. Who among us hasn't been the president and made jokes about a deadly pandemic that's killed 120,000 of their own citizens? FFS, everyone just lighten up why don't you?

Chutzpah of these corrupt pricks. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He was only joking.

Says it all about this cretin.

A bit of a sick joke but no surprise coming from the man baby. 

Every time he opens his mouth it is difficult to tell if he is be serious or not as most things he says are ludicrous anyway.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

A bit of a sick joke but no surprise coming from the man baby. 

Every time he opens his mouth it is difficult to tell if he is be serious or not as most things he says are ludicrous anyway.

Waits to see what response he gets on twitter, then sends his pet lap dogs out to say it was a joke.

Remember it's only a few weeks ago that he was joking about people injecting bleach inside them to kill covid, aye ok Donald.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I castigate everyone. Unlike you. 

That doesn't even make sense. Unlike you apparently I don't castigate absolutely everybody. You're right, I don't. Because that's nonsensical.

After his wee Tulsa party didn't go so well, Donny's planning to march up and down his wee Mexico border wall and give a speech there.

I do dimly recall some other Republican President giving a speech at a wall in Germany somewhere, with entirely different sentiment.

I P Knightley
13 hours ago, Cade said:

After his wee Tulsa party didn't go so well, Donny's planning to march up and down his wee Mexico border wall and give a speech there.

I do dimly recall some other Republican President giving a speech at a wall in Germany somewhere, with entirely different sentiment.

"Yo soy un Berlines."

Anyone else hear this?
The cancelled outside stage for the Tulsa Trump rally was to relay to the overflow crowd all of Trump's wisdom and also include guest speaker Nigel Farage (hence the travel exemption).
Please let this be true 😂

1 hour ago, RobboM said:

Anyone else hear this?
The cancelled outside stage for the Tulsa Trump rally was to relay to the overflow crowd all of Trump's wisdom and also include guest speaker Nigel Farage (hence the travel exemption).

I live in Oklahoma, local news says there were about 6,000 in a 19,000 capacity arena. Maybe people have become bored of the same act over and over. How many times could you watch a comedian tell the same jokes?

We could all recite the script no doubt. Mexicans are bad, build that wall, fake news, lock her/him up. I'm the greatest at everything in the history of the world. Done.

23 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I live in Oklahoma, local news says there were about 6,000 in a 19,000 capacity arena. Maybe people have become bored of the same act over and over. How many times could you watch a comedian tell the same jokes?

We could all recite the script no doubt. Mexicans are bad, build that wall, fake news, lock her/him up. I'm the greatest at everything in the history of the world. Done.

I also noted that the young black boy who is often right behind Trump so that his placard about Trump being for black Americans was not there neither did I see any of these signs, also Trump for women signs, the whole thing was a farce from the ridiculous crowd forecasts, to the walking down the ramp nonsense were the ramblings of a man who has lots true focus completely.

So 6k showed up when he claimed 1m wanted tickets. Seeing the crook trudge out his chopper looking devastated afterwards was a beautiful sight.

ALL CAPS tweet about mail votes being printed by the millions in "enemy nations" today.

Laying the groundwork for his "I'm not leaving; the election was rigged" act in November.

3 minutes ago, Cade said:

ALL CAPS tweet about mail votes being printed by the millions in "enemy nations" today.

Laying the groundwork for his "I'm not leaving; the election was rigged" act in November.

Yet at the same time it comes out that he always uses a postal vote. 

32 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Yet at the same time it comes out that he always uses a postal vote. 

There is further irony in the fact that if "enemy nations" such as Russia were to be involved in rigging a US election they would almost certainly be rigging it in favour of this bumpkin.

Why would Putin want a real politician rather than a Homer Simpson like cartoon character in the oval office?

CavySlaveJambo
41 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

So 6k showed up when he claimed 1m wanted tickets. Seeing the crook trudge out his chopper looking devastated afterwards was a beautiful sight.

There was a campaign to stop his genuine supporters getting tickets, seemingly it worked. 

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, RobboM said:

Anyone else hear this?

I hope the UK police monitor his whereabouts in the 14 days after he returns and pinch him if he goes out. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)