U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

7 hours ago, redjambo said:

I'm not so sure. Unfortunately, he's good at saying what his followers like to hear. I expected Hillary to wipe the floor with him during the last round of debates and she didn't.

I don't think he's well enough to last a 90 minute debate now. 

• Replies 32.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

I don't think he's well enough to last a 90 minute debate now. 

That’s a shame.

Mac_fae_Gillie
12 hours ago, redjambo said:

I'm not so sure. Unfortunately, he's good at saying what his followers like to hear. I expected Hillary to wipe the floor with him during the last round of debates and she didn't.

Trouble is he says such outrageous things and offensive policies that he is happy about, pretty hard to attack someone who sticks to such a vile platform as he does.. At the time he was filmed making sexual remarks about a reporter had taken the micky out of a disabled reporter called for violence on protesters at his rallies and this was all know.. How do you knock someone down who is at rock bottom.(remembering the population were not keen on her).

Unknown user
12 hours ago, redjambo said:

That's true, he could fart into a watering can and they'd vote for him.

But that's not enough, he also needs support from some of those who can be persuaded either way. Hopefully there's less benefit of the doubt this time. 

It's been suspected by many for a considerable time that Trump displays many symptoms of dementia. Personally I though he was just an idiot. But people who have experienced observing dementia in family friends, plus professionals in the field too are stating many signs are there for all to see.

This article was published over a year ago. I would say Trump has become even more confused and bizarre since then.

If Donald Trump were your father, you would run, not walk, to a neurologist for an evaluation of his cognitive health. You don’t have to be a doctor to see something is very wrong.

“He reminds me of Uncle Bruce in so many ways,” said my aunt, who nursed her brother through Alzheimer’s disease. Joe Scarborough, who has known Trump for years, said in 2017 that Trump's mental confusion reminded him of his mother, who had Alzheimer's for 10 years.

“It's getting worse, and not a single person who works for him doesn’t know he has early signs of dementia,” he said of Trump last year on his MSNBC show.

To mental health professionals like me, the red flags are waving wildly. In January 2018, over 70 of us wrote a letter to the president’s physician, Dr. Ronny Jackson, urging him to administer a cognitive exam during the president’s physical because we had seen a marked deterioration in his verbal functioning, possibly due to cognitive decline.

In fact, Dr. Jackson did administer the Montreal Cognitive Assessment, a screening tool for dementia, and Trump passed. But while Trump bragged that this proved his superior intelligence, this 10-minute screening test, where one must identify a camel, draw a clock and repeat three numbers backwards, only ruled out full-blown dementia.

Confusing people and generations

Memory loss is the symptom most closely associated with Alzheimer’s. While Trump famously forgets the names of people (as he did recently when he called Apple CEO Tim Cook “Tim Apple”) and places (as when he called Paradise, California, “Pleasure”), one could make allowances for such gaffes.

More troubling, Michael Wolff reported in "Fire and Fury" that at the end of 2017, Trump failed to recognize "a succession of old friends" at Mar-a-Lago.

Trump, 72, seemed to hit a new inflection point last week when he said, “My father is German. Right? Was German. And born in a very wonderful place in Germany.” In fact, his father was born in the Bronx and it was his grandfather who was from Germany.

Dementia Care International says a "person may start to mix up relationships and generations” in the second stage of dementia.

One day, when my Uncle Bruce was agitated, he cried out for me saying, “Call John. He’s a rich lawyer. He’ll know what to do” — even though it was my father who was the lawyer, not me. That was not in the early phase of the illness. That incident took place a few months before Uncle Bruce was forced to enter the nursing home.

Capsicles and mishiz and midtowm elections

In Alzheimer’s, as language skills deteriorate, we see two types of tell-tale speech disorders, or paraphasias:

Semantic paraphasia involves choosing the incorrect words. For instance, after Attorney General William Barr released a letter on the Mueller report, Trump said: “I hope they now go and take a  look at the oranges, the oranges of that investigation, the beginnings of that investigation."

Phonemic paraphasia, which is linked to the moderate to severe stages of Alzheimer’s, is described as "the substitution of a word with a nonword that preserves at least half of the segments and/or number of syllables of the intended word.”

For example, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu becomes “Betanyahu,” big league becomes “bigly,” anonymous becomes “enenamas” or "anenomynous," renovation becomes “renoversh,” missiles become "mishiz," space capsule becomes “capsicle,” midterm elections become "midtowm" and "midturn" elections, and Christmas becomes “Chrissus.”

Trump’s speech patterns appear even more disordered when you go beyond the sound bite and look at a whole speech. He careens from one thought to the next in a parade of non sequiturs, frequently interrupting himself in the middle of a sentence to veer into another free association.

When commentators described his two-hour  speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference last month as “unhinged,” they were referring in large part to this quality.

CPAC speech underscored need for assessment

At its extreme, this is called tangential speech. As psychologist Ben Michaelis told Stat, doctors evaluating for Alzheimer’s listen for tangential remarks and non sequiturs and whether the patient can stay on topic.

You had to listen to Trump's whole CPAC speech to realize just how tangential it was. “Those who learned about the speech from glancing at mainstream news headlines the next morning would have no idea how flat-out bonkers the whole thing was … even by Trumpian standards,” Amanda Marcotte wrote in Salon.

The Washington Post's Eugene Robinson said Trump “gave a rambling and incoherent two-hour speech in which he raved like a lunatic.”

Americans have a right, indeed an urgent need, to know whether their president is suffering from dementia. We see clear signs that he is, but the only way to find out for sure is to give him a full neuropsychological evaluation and share the results with the American public.

The need is more screamingly obvious now than it was a when we first called for it over a year ago.

John Gartner is a psychologist and a former assistant professor at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/04/09/does-donald-trump-have-dementia-we-need-know-psychologist-column/3404007002/

Biden just has to wind him up, light the blue touch paper and retire to a safe distance.  

I'm sure Trump will blurt out something so nasty that even his own party won't be able to defend it. 

Or he'll get so agitated that he'll collapse on stage.

Or storm off in the huff.

2 hours ago, Cade said:

Biden just has to wind him up, light the blue touch paper and retire to a safe distance.  

I'm sure Trump will blurt out something so nasty that even his own party won't be able to defend it. 

Or he'll get so agitated that he'll collapse on stage.

Or storm off in the huff.

Yeah Biden's really known for sitting back and keeping his cool, especially as his own cognitive decline worsens.

Joe Biden tells worker 'you're full of s***' as he seeks Michigan ...

2 hours ago, Cade said:

I've thought this had happened about ten times already and every time, those GOP cowards all fell over themselves to be first to slob his knob.

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

Yeah Biden's really known for sitting back and keeping his cool, especially as his own cognitive decline worsens.

I've thought this had happened about ten times already and every time, those GOP cowards all fell over themselves to be first to slob his knob.

Debates are going to be a live examination of who is the least one gone...

Edited by kila

2 hours ago, kila said:

Debates are going to be a live examination of who is the least one gone...

For the second election in a row, the Americans are being asked to hold their noses and vote.

I saw an interesting stat over the weekend.  In the last election Trump got the majority of the Independent vote.  Current polls are showing that the Independents are heavily in favour of Biden. 

Trump won by razor thin margins in a few swing states last time. He can't afford to lose any votes this time.  Although about 130 million people are expected to vote, a couple of hundred thousand votes in the right states can spell victory or defeat.

From BBC. wonder what Trump will say about this

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has withdrawn the emergency use authorisation for hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for Covid-19. The drug has been championed by US President Donald Trump.

The FDA said that, based on the latest evidence, it was no longer reasonable to believe that taking hydroxychloroquine and the related drug chloroquine could be an effective treatment for Covid-19 - the disease caused by the coronavirus.

Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine have long been used to treat malaria as well as other conditions such as lupus and arthritis. President Trump has promoted hydroxychloroquine and even took it himself for a while.

Although several studies had suggested the drugs were not effective and doctors warned that they could cause heart problems, the FDA had allowed their use during clinical trials and in hospitals.

One of the world's largest trials, run by the University of Oxford, recently concluded that "there is no beneficial effect of hydroxychloroquine in patients hospitalised with Covid-19".

Only a few days after Trump stripped out discrimination protection for LGBT people in the workplace, the Supreme Court has ruled that these protections must stay in Law.

:jjyay:

Edited by Cade

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Cade said:

Only a few days after Trump stripped out discrimination protection for LGBT people in the workplace, the Supreme Court has ruled that these protections must stay in Law.

:pleasing:

Just watched a Trump adviser on Fox News defending Trumps decision to have 21000 people in an arena in Tulsa for one of his Rallies. She was asked if the people would be seperated  and wearing masks. She stated that masks would be available but wearing the mask would be a personal decision. She was asked about people sitting close to each other in what is hoped to be a maximum capacity crowd, she rebuts that stating that its their right to choose to attend, and why all the complaints and criticism about this no one is complaining about the thousands of demonstrators standing and walking close to each other some without masks. She feels that the only people complaining about the rally are people who don't like Trump.

Trump is having a rally with uncontrolled seating, in a closed area. The people will all be there at the invitation of the President of the United States. The demonstrators are executing their Constitutional Right to demonstrate.   It did not stop the President from ordering or being complicit in the tear gassing, and rubber bullets fired at these citizens because they were interfering in a photo opp, for the President. No suggestion whatsoever that it was done to protect health or transmission of Covid. 

At some time in the future it would be interesting to hear all these strong believers in Trump explain why they aided and abetted him in his actions knowing that he was mentally challenged and dictatorial.

4 hours ago, Sharpie said:

At some time in the future it would be interesting to hear all these strong believers in Trump explain why they aided and abetted him in his actions knowing that he was mentally challenged and dictatorial.

If he loses the election, which is becoming increasingly likely, then perhaps even faces criminal charges. Then look for the current party enablers to immediately jump ship, throw him under the bus, and claim that all along they knew he was crazy. And were simply hanging in there to covertly keep his insanity in check.

Trump now is actually answering his own Tweets.

Suing Bolton for breach of contract for statements in his new book, says the conversations they had are all classified.   

How can people support this man who has the power he has, but the assessment that he is not fit for it seems to widen all the time. 

1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

How can people support this man who has the power he has, but the assessment that he is not fit for it seems to widen all the time. 

I’ve worked under an incompetent boss who we humoured to get what we wanted. That’s what’s kept Trump in power for so long I think. He has his agenda sure but it’s what he does or signs that is other people’s agenda is key. Or what they plant in his head, ideas etc. He’s very easy to manipulate I reckon. 

So John Bolton listened to Trump actually ask President Xi of China to help him get reelected in 2020.

1 minute ago, Sharpie said:

So John Bolton listened to Trump actually ask President Xi of China to help him get reelected in 2020.

Meanwhile Republican political adverts here are filled with slurs about how Joe Biden and Mark Kelly (running for Senate) are too nice or have too close of ties to China.

The only group of people that rival Republicans for hypocrisy are Democrats, but they're a distant second.

3 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Meanwhile Republican political adverts here are filled with slurs about how Joe Biden and Mark Kelly (running for Senate) are too nice or have too close of ties to China.

The only group of people that rival Republicans for hypocrisy are Democrats, but they're a distant second.

I watched Colbert last night, he showed his copy of the book which was released to the media quite legally with the exception that they could not make any public statements on the cont ent. He also commented that Barr was launching  a suit for breach of contract on Tuesday, but that was so stupid because the book would have been officially released before he could get the suit filed. 

You have to wonder if Trump won't take a medical retirement, and then claim the undisclosed health problem as a reason for inability to properly defend himself against any criminal charges.

Sorry checked in for an update on the Jambos and seem to have interrupted an American Political conference. Apologies. 

28 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Sorry checked in for an update on the Jambos and seem to have interrupted an American Political conference. Apologies. 

You're in the Shed. In a thread entitled "Donald Trump". What Jambo-related content do you expect to see here?

The risk of being interviewed on TV. I watched the Prosecutor in Atlanta going through the evidence leading to the securing Warrants for the arrest of the Atlanta cop who killed the man. Apparently the Prosecutor mentioned that the Taser the man had was not capable of killing a person. Watched Tucker Carlson on Fox news, h was discussing the case, and referred to an interview that same Prosecutor done on TV regarding another case he was prosecuting, and Carlson states at that time he stated that a Taser was a deadly weapon, in my experience when referred to as deadly it meant could inflict serious injury up to and including death. Makes it difficult for cross examination in the Court case if a defence attorney researches the interview and can use that statement as mitigation for a justification of use of deadly force by firearm, fearing lives could be in danger.

In wrong thread.

Edited by Sharpie

Unknown user
52 minutes ago, redjambo said:

You're in the Shed. In a thread entitled "Donald Trump". What Jambo-related content do you expect to see here?

:laugh2: that was weird eh?

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

:laugh2: that was weird eh?

More in keeping with a Saturday night. :D

:olly:

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, 5-1Jambo said:

:rofl:

10 hours ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Donald......that you?

I P Knightley
13 hours ago, Sharpie said:

You have to wonder if Trump won't take a medical retirement, and then claim the undisclosed health problem as a reason for inability to properly defend himself against any criminal charges.

If he's given the boot in the election, you can bet your bottom dollar that the 'ill-health' will come to light shortly after and he'll be too ill to stand trial.

It's a fair shout, though. Most would agree that he's ill in one way or another. If he's unfit to run the country, surely he's unfit to stand trial?

This book by Bolton seems to have him and his flunkies rattled. Not only do we have the highly predictable ad hominem attacks on Twitter but the DoJ is trying to get an injunction. Trump is saying they are "lies and fake stories" but the grounds for injunction are to do with classified information (which, to my mind, means there is truth in them). Thinking that Finland is part of Russia and not realising that the UK has nuclear weapons aren't huge points in themselves but just add to a picture of the man as being a dolt.

Add to this that Trump's neice (a clinical psychologist) is due to release a book called "How My Family Created the World's Most Dangerous Man..." We can expect some fireworks!

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Just underlines again how bent Trump is and that he totally colluded with Russia.

That's a word I want Trump to try and say over his next few speeches.

"Cool-ded"

18 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Yes indeed, hypocrisy all around though on vastly different levels. But I don't think there's anything to rival Republican absurdity.

The Democratic side have no equivalent of the freak show that is Alex Jones and his like, a freak Trump has praised. Or even the likes of Sean Hanniity who while appearing somewhat saner than Jones still talks the most incredible deceitful nonsense.

They absolutely never concede that anything Trump says or does is ridiculous/bizarre. Instead they further try to rationalise it with even more craziness.

While on the Democratic side you will see the likes of Bill Maher call out Democratic silliness around the likes of identity politics and political correctness. 

Supreme Court blocks Trump from ripping up the Obama-era Daca scheme, which allowed children of illegal immigrants to remain in the USA on rolling two-year visas.

Donny's absolutely RAGING

Edited by Cade

The Real Maroonblood
32 minutes ago, Cade said:

Supreme Court blocks Trump from ripping up the Obama-era Daca scheme, which allowed children of illegal immigrants to remain in the USA on rolling two-year visas.

Donny's absolutely RAGING

:pleasing:

17 minutes ago, Cade said:

:sob:

Politically charged decisions. 

I thought the Supreme Court was ****ing rammed with Republicans? Some ****ing hard core nut jobs at that. 

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

They absolutely never concede that anything Trump says or does is ridiculous/bizarre. Instead they further try to rationalise it with even more craziness.

True. Dear Leader has decreed.

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

While on the Democratic side you will see the likes of Bill Maher call out Democratic silliness around the likes of identity politics and political correctness. 

Maher is, on fundamentals, conservative. This sort of stuff just illustrates how entrenched/conservative much of the Democratic Party, especially the establishment, is.

One party is conservative, the other is insane. That's "choice" in America.

11 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Politically charged decisions. 

I thought the Supreme Court was ****ing rammed with Republicans? Some ****ing hard core nut jobs at that. 

It is. Thankfully some of them still follow the law to some extent. In this case, Administrative Law. Short version of the Supreme Court holding today:

When the Executive branch takes an administrative action, it must justify that action's effects on people with some reasoning (the bar isn't even very high). If it doesn't, that's a violation of the Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment and the action is dubbed "arbitrary and capricious" under the law--unconstitutional.

The Court held that the Trump administration did not have sufficient justification in revoking DACA, making that action unconstitutional.

This much is patently clear. Trump did it out of spite and Obama hate, everyone knows he did it out of spite and Obama hate, and he never got around to inventing enough justification for doing it not out of spite and Obama hate. At least for now, that's not permissible under colour of US law.

Yet four justices have pretended the action was perfectly rational/reasonable, not "arbitrary and capricious", and the proper remedy was through Congress.

The Court being rammed full of not just Republicans but right wing nutjobs is why this was 5-4 and not 9-0.

Edited by Justin Z

Jambo-Jimbo
1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

It is. Thankfully some of them still follow the law to some extent. In this case, Administrative Law. Short version of the Supreme Court holding today:

When the Executive branch takes an administrative action, it must justify that action's effects on people with some reasoning. To fail to do this is a violation of the due process clause of the 14th amendment and the action is dubbed "arbitrary and capricious" under the law.

The Court held that the Trump administration did not have sufficient justification in revoking DACA, making that action unconstitutional.

This much is patently clear. Trump did it out of spite and Obama hate, everyone knows he did it out of spite and Obama hate, and he never got around to inventing enough justification for doing it not out of spite and Obama hate. At least for now, that's not permissible under colour of US law.

Yet four justices have pretended the action was perfectly rational/reasonable, not "arbitrary and capricious", and the proper remedy was through Congress.

The Court being rammed full of not just Republicans but right wing nutjobs is why this was 5-4 and not 9-0.

Yeh, it was reported on Sky News by a US commentator that this victory might just be a temporarily victory, because whilst the supreme court has blocked this, they have effectively told Trump what he needs to do to get it passed, and you can bet that's exactly what Trump will do, however the guy said that it was unlikely to come back to the supreme court before the election, thus it could be another election issue fought over by either side and the voters.

Trump is trying to block yet another book criticising his presidency, this time by former national security adviser John Bolton.  How many others have there been?

- Fire and Fury

- Trumpocracy

- It's even worse than you think

- The Trump White House

- Unhinged: An insider's account of the Trump presidency

To name just some of them.

Trump's popularity is tanking, at a very bad time for him.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/18/politics/donald-trump-supreme-court-coronavirus-george-floyd/index.html

This series of body blows has badly damaged Trump's chances of winning a second term. His approval rating collapsed over the last month in Gallup polling. CNN's latest national poll shows Trump trailing former Vice President Joe Biden by 14 points. Swing-state polling shows similar gaps widening between Biden and Trump.

38 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

True. Dear Leader has decreed.

Maher is, on fundamentals, conservative. This sort of stuff just illustrates how entrenched/conservative much of the Democratic Party, especially the establishment, is.

One party is conservative, the other is insane. That's "choice" in America.

Makes you wonder about the overall sanity of a population who would vote for the kind of wackiness we see from Trump and the Republicans. Can you imagine that kind of crazy trying to be elected in Britain?

Read an article recently pointing out that especially so with Trump in the seat they don't even have policies anymore. The Democrats have a 400 page election manifesto.

Then over on the crazy side Jared Kushner, a non entity with expertise in nothing, is 'senior adviser to the President.

And who has been recommending that rather than bother with some fangled 400 page manifesto and boring policies. They should run with just a card that can be carried in a pocket with 10 'points'. That's what he thinks passes for actual policies.

What can you put on a card that fits in a pocket?

Number 1 'build that wall'?

Number 2 'lock her up' in reference to a woman who isn't in government and very possibly never will be again. That's a  vital aim for the welfare of the nation? A policy to run for office on?

It swings from weird to bizarre then into realms there are no words fit to describe the level of crazy.

4 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/18/politics/donald-trump-supreme-court-coronavirus-george-floyd/index.html

This series of body blows has badly damaged Trump's chances of winning a second term. His approval rating collapsed over the last month in Gallup polling. CNN's latest national poll shows Trump trailing former Vice President Joe Biden by 14 points. Swing-state polling shows similar gaps widening between Biden and Trump.

If that continues and potentially gets even worse I feel we may see the crazy crank up to yet more new levels. You get the feeling that Trump who is mentally unstable at the best of times may become one flew over the cuckoos nest crazy as it begins to crumble. Like Hitler in the bunker with the Russians a mile away.

39 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Yeh, it was reported on Sky News by a US commentator that this victory might just be a temporarily victory, because whilst the supreme court has blocked this, they have effectively told Trump what he needs to do to get it passed, and you can bet that's exactly what Trump will do, however the guy said that it was unlikely to come back to the supreme court before the election, thus it could be another election issue fought over by either side and the voters.

It necessarily is temporary, yes. The Court has said absolutely nothing about the legality of revoking DACA. Just that Trump hasn't justified his reasons as required by Due Process. Which is typical of his blundering, incompetent administration.

I don't see it coming back before the Supreme Court either, and hopefully any judge, even the most Trumpian, would grant an injunction blocking any attempt to reverse DACA again, because of this holding. It's for the Supreme Court to decide henceforth. But, we shall see.

8 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

If that continues and potentially gets even worse I feel we may see the crazy crank up to yet more new levels. You get the feeling that Trump who is mentally unstable at the best of times may become one flew over the cuckoos nest crazy as it begins to crumble. Like Hitler in the bunker with the Russians a mile away.

Indeed.  I wouldn't be surprised if he reverses course on COVID-19 and suddenly declares that the pandemic is getting worse, is a serious threat to tens of millions of Americans, then uses that as an excuse to delay the elections.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
23 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

He can’t bullshit his way through this crisis. Even thick people have worked him out

3 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Indeed.  I wouldn't be surprised if he reverses course on COVID-19 and suddenly declares that the pandemic is getting worse, is a serious threat to tens of millions of Americans, then uses that as an excuse to delay the elections.

Wouldn't surprise me at all but I doubt he could swing that. What's more likely are massive attempts to hinder people from voting. And according to the new Bolton book he's deadly serious about trying to overturn the law banning any more than two terms.

This is a nut who I have begun to believe truly thinks he may end up in prison if they oust him from the shield of office. Biden has taken the unusual step of declaring that if he becomes President there is no way he will be using presidential powers to pardon Trump.

Suggesting he knows there is real dirt that could see him in court at best in prison at worst. Actually we all know that. We have known for years now that he colluded with Russia and according to Bolton is now trying to do the exact same thing with China. And that's not all of it.

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

Here's another excuse that will be trotted out to claim a 'witch hunt' of 'fake news' against the wacko.

Breaking story: Facebook takes down Trump ads 'for violating our policy against organized hate' 

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

He says the Supreme Court came up with their finding because they don't like him.

That’s a good enough reason.

Trump doesn't exist in reality. He will lie when there is absolutely zero chance of the lie being remotely plausible. Like claiming after his inauguration that "this was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration"

Now not only is that an obvious implausible lie what's the point in even claiming it? It's pointless. Especially when Reuters have photos of both events.

230117-wd-trump-vs-obama.jpg

It's been noted by some commentators that Trump will lie not only when there's no point in lying, but even when telling the truth might be more beneficial.

On boxing day 2018 Trump visited troops stationed in Iraq and told them he got them a pay raise. He personally got them a whopper of a pay raise. It went like this.

“I got you a big one. I got you a big one.” He continued, “They said: ‘You know, we could make it smaller. We could make it 3 per cent. We could make it 2 per cent. We could make it 4 per cent.’ I said: ‘No. Make it 10 per cent. Make it more than 10 per cent’.”

The pay raise was actually 2.6% and you have to ask yourself what is the point in that lie? It's a lie that's going to be quickly discredited. It's things like that which make me think this oddball is actually truly certifiably insane. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)