U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

Pelosi called Trump obese.  How dare she!!

image.jpeg

Indeed. The cheek(s)!

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

"We concluded..." really means that I was ordered/threatened to say this will be safe to use. Although I wonder if the WH physician has gotten fed up with the dangerous bullshit Trump spews out and has just thought "yeah, let him take, maybe get rid of him for good." 

Mind you if that happens Fox will accuse the doctor of assassinating the president and he'll have to go into hiding.

Aye, hopefully he's more successful than the German that tried to blow up Hitler.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

He's just been on discrediting a study into hydroxychloroquine. A study he funded.

Negative result of the hydroxychloroquine clinical trial?

"A statement by enemies of Donald Trump", according to the infantile oompa loompa in chief.

:conspiracy:

22 minutes ago, Barack said:

That would be true, if he knew what it was...

It’s erm... that... super duper chlorine.

I P Knightley
15 hours ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

"We concluded..." really means that I was ordered/threatened to say this will be safe to use. Although I wonder if the WH physician has gotten fed up with the dangerous bullshit Trump spews out and has just thought "yeah, let him take, maybe get rid of him for good." 

Mind you if that happens Fox will accuse the doctor of assassinating the president and he'll have to go into hiding.

The doctor's probably given him a jar of yellow Smarties and told him to take one a day just to shut him up. 

I bet none of you knew Obama failed on 911. Was never around, always on vacation, not in the office. Now to my knowledge the attacks happened over 7 years before he was president which might explain why he wasn't in the oval office. but who am I to argue with the geniuses who attent Trump rallies.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
31 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I bet none of you knew Obama failed on 911. Was never around, always on vacation, not in the office. Now to my knowledge the attacks happened over 7 years before he was president which might explain why he wasn't in the oval office. but who am I to argue with the geniuses who attent Trump rallies.

:rofl:

Ignorant, deluded, god-fearing, racist, misogynistic ****wits.

We can only be thankful that a nation as powerful as China isn't headed by something as absurd as Trump. If that were the case we could be facing annihilation. And overall we wont be safe from the insanity of this freak till he has been removed from office.

He is stupid enough to instigate an apocalypse.

In these crazy times I find myself wishing I was a comedian commenting on politics. Trump is the gift that just keeps on giving on a daily basis. So much material it's hard to choose which to mock.

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

In these crazy times I find myself wishing I was a comedian commenting on politics. Trump is the gift that just keeps on giving on a daily basis. So much material it's hard to choose which to mock.

Comedian! Where?!

Sawdust Caesar

Check out some of the things that GOPtv criticised Obama for, funny how Trump can behave so badly and not a peep out of them.

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Comedian! Where?!

I don't get the point of asking where. Thus I have no relevant answer.

9 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't get the point of asking where. Thus I have no relevant answer.

Colbert isn't funny.

Prison a home for what's his face. That's a good one.

Edited by ri Alban

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Colbert isn't funny.

Colbert usually is pretty funny I think. I like how he uses intelligence with his jokes. Although I will agree he can be a bit far to the left. 

24 minutes ago, trotter said:

Colbert usually is pretty funny I think. I like how he uses intelligence with his jokes. Although I will agree he can be a bit far to the left. 

I've tried, bud. But he bores me. The clips of Trump are funny, tho.

vegas-voss
13 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Trump predicted to lose election in a landslide, according to this article..

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/business/economy-election-trump-biden-jobs/index.html

We'll see, but the election is still a long way away and the Republican dirty tricks machine hasn't even started yet.

Was he not predicted to lose the last one

The Internet

I watched his 'announcement' that he was taking that drug and it seemed to me like he just made it up on the spot :lol: no idea what he's playing at but I imagine promoting this thing has some kind of financial benefit to him or some pals of his. 

Edited by Mauricio Pinilla

These trials were already being designed well before Trump announced he was taking it,   but the fact that there are now trials going on will make him crow about being some kind of visionary on the subject.

Maple Leaf
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Was he not predicted to lose the last one

He sure was.  All the wise talking heads on TV kept saying "he CAN'T win."

The last election was petty strange, two candidates who could have been easily elected the title of most likely not to win. Hillary offered little, and almost with poor campaigning  presented the victory to Trump.  Trump offered change a completely non politico, campaigned on the sins of the opposition, gained a following with things like the "lock her up chant." Still did not achieve victory by way of the popular vote.

Again this year there is a choice of two most likely to lose candidates. One basically being cast as a doddering old fool, who cannot complete a sentence without invoking Obamas name.  The other a proven liar,who preaches  racism, appeals to groups, right to guns, right to life, and has kissed the arse of every powerful dictator in the world. The question is not who will win, it is who will lose by the least, the only place the term loser will be totally apt is when the term loser is applied first to the people of the United States, and by extension to the people of the world.

6 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I think that was the opinion simply because everyone was thinking along the lines of surely this obvious total idiot who can barely construct a legible sentence far less a coherent line of thought can't take the most powerful position in the world. Personally I thought that. Didn't you?

The positively negative president..that man is a fool and yet idiots might vote him in again...just beyond belief

Never underestimate the idiots

President Trump on Thursday offered a new take on his daily coronavirus test, saying that he tested "positively toward negative."

Trump, who has been receiving daily diagnostic tests for COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, told reporters outside the White House that his most recent test came back negative. 

"I tested very positively in another sense," Trump added. "I tested positively toward negative, right? So no, I tested perfectly this morning. Meaning I tested negative. But that's a way of saying it. Positively toward the negative."

Here is a quote from Trump:

"I tested very positively in another sense so— this morning. Yeah. I tested positively toward negative, right. So. I tested perfectly this morning. Meaning I tested negative."

15 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The positively negative president..that man is a fool and yet idiots might vote him in again...just beyond belief

Never underestimate the idiots

President Trump on Thursday offered a new take on his daily coronavirus test, saying that he tested "positively toward negative."

Trump, who has been receiving daily diagnostic tests for COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, told reporters outside the White House that his most recent test came back negative. 

"I tested very positively in another sense," Trump added. "I tested positively toward negative, right? So no, I tested perfectly this morning. Meaning I tested negative. But that's a way of saying it. Positively toward the negative."

Here is a quote from Trump:

"I tested very positively in another sense so— this morning. Yeah. I tested positively toward negative, right. So. I tested perfectly this morning. Meaning I tested negative."

In summary, he tested Aladeen. :D

Maple Leaf
2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I think that was the opinion simply because everyone was thinking along the lines of surely this obvious total idiot who can barely construct a legible sentence far less a coherent line of thought can't take the most powerful position in the world. Personally I thought that. Didn't you?

Initially yes, especially after the tape recording of him admitting to sexually assaulting women was released.  I figured he had zero chance of winning. An immoral buffoon becoming POTUS?  No way! 

But I'm a fan of Bill Maher, and week after week on his show he warned of a Trump victory, so I came around to the way of thinking that it might just happen.  I started watching the candidates' rallies, and the difference between Trump and Clinton was palpable.  There was an energy in Trump's rallies that was simply missing with Clinton.  Despite his lack of substance and his silly cliches, Trump had his fans eating out of his hand. Clinton's rallies were staid by comparison. 

About a month before the election I realised that the feckwit could pull it off despite what the polls were saying.

9 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

If you are ever bored check out reaction from pretty much everyone to Trump winning on you tube.

Same stuff getting trotted out.

50% of Americans are now thick.

And/or racist.

It's an argument that's not really gaining support and in fact losing support.

Trump will increase his share.

Can see it coming from round the corner.

Maple Leaf
32 minutes ago, jake said:

If you are ever bored check out reaction from pretty much everyone to Trump winning on you tube.

And/or racist.

He might increase his share of the vote, but only if Biden is a flop. If the Dems pick an imaginative person as Biden's running mate, then that might be enough to get him a narrow win.

Trump will hold his base, and the the hard right in the Republican party love Pence, so Trump's vote will be similar to 2016.  Expect the Dems to focus more on the swing states this time around, which is where they lost with Hilary.

Either way, imo, it will be close.

51 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

He might increase his share of the vote, but only if Biden is a flop. If the Dems pick an imaginative person as Biden's running mate, then that might be enough to get him a narrow win.

Trump will hold his base, and the the hard right in the Republican party love Pence, so Trump's vote will be similar to 2016.  Expect the Dems to focus more on the swing states this time around, which is where they lost with Hilary.

Either way, imo, it will be close.

I'm not convinced those democrats will swing back.

The message has got folks backs up from the Dems regardless of who they put up as running mate.

It would have been interesting as a measure if they had someone half decent to go against Trump.

I am guessing but theres a big gap between the echo chambers and reality .

On both sides to an extent but the argument is being won by conservatives atm.

Imo of course

annushorribilis III
2 hours ago, jake said:

And/or racist.

They are.

They are .

Trump never intended to get elected and it was Bannon who overcame all the odds to win it for him. 

Trump isn't a Republican in the truest sense and he isn't liked by a large part of the GOP hierarchy, he has shunned involvement with traditional right wing groups like CPAC, trying to portray himself as some kind of anti-hero , Republican-but-not-really-Republican. 

He'll carry on playing the saviour of the poor masses card but he needs everyone to stay with him. 

His attempt to stifle Dem voters by denying them postal votes is losing traction. 

Increase his share ? 

Maple Leaf
2 hours ago, jake said:

I'm not convinced those democrats will swing back.

The message has got folks backs up from the Dems regardless of who they put up as running mate.

It would have been interesting as a measure if they had someone half decent to go against Trump.

I am guessing but theres a big gap between the echo chambers and reality .

On both sides to an extent but the argument is being won by conservatives atm.

Imo of course

It's astonishing that the best they can put forward is Biden. :confused:

4 hours ago, jake said:

And/or racist.

So what is getting support? They're actually all exceptionally smart and "build that wall" is amazingly innovative policy that will enrich the nation despite the stupid not understanding that?

Just now, Maple Leaf said:

I don't get the idea that somebody needs to be exceptional to beat Trump. Does this imply Trump is exceptional? You see I feel I could walk down any street blindfolded swinging a stick around and the odds would be good the first person I hit would be smarter than Trump.

Maple Leaf
4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't get the idea that somebody needs to be exceptional to beat Trump. Does this imply Trump is exceptional? You see I feel I could walk down any street blindfolded swinging a stick around and the odds would be good the first person I hit would be smarter than Trump.

You'll get no argument from me regarding Trump's smarts.  I think he's an oily conman with average intelligence.

But he's created a cult with a loyal following of about 35% of the electorate, and that's what Biden has to overcome.  The cultists will turn out for Trump in November, so Biden has to demonstrate that everyone else needs to go to the polls and vote for him.

To me, Biden is as bland as Mitt Romney and isn't capable of lighting a fire under anyone. I doubt if he can turn out the voters like Obama did.

Unknown user
3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Trump's an utter winkie, but a significant percentage of Americans perceive him to be exceptional. That's the real problem, US gammon and their gammon media feeding them salty pork lies.

Unknown user
3 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I doubt if he can turn out the voters like Obama did.

No, but maybe Trump can.

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

Trump's an utter winkie, but a significant percentage of Americans perceive him to be exceptional. That's the real problem, US gammon and their gammon media feeding them salty pork lies.

It was rust belt democrats which saw Trump win last time.

11 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

They are.

They are .

Trump never intended to get elected and it was Bannon who overcame all the odds to win it for him. 

Trump isn't a Republican in the truest sense and he isn't liked by a large part of the GOP hierarchy, he has shunned involvement with traditional right wing groups like CPAC, trying to portray himself as some kind of anti-hero , Republican-but-not-really-Republican. 

He'll carry on playing the saviour of the poor masses card but he needs everyone to stay with him. 

His attempt to stifle Dem voters by denying them postal votes is losing traction. 

Increase his share ? 

Asides from the disaster that is Joe Biden the Democrats are losing the centre ground.

I think he will gain more votes this time.

Really reminds me of the Reagan Thatcher years in the way they were unpopular it seemed then would still win.

9 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

So what is getting support? They're actually all exceptionally smart and "build that wall" is amazingly innovative policy that will enrich the nation despite the stupid not understanding that?

Build a wall resonates with votes already won.

As I've said Trump swung the rust belt.

I think there is a lot of thought from those voters.

Clinton's democratic party and the economy wasnt what anyone would regard as a great choice.

I think the same mistakes about general dismissing are being made.

Ffs they have 75% of media backing they have one failed investigation after another .

I mean whose exactly thick in all this.

1 minute ago, jake said:

Build a wall resonates with votes already won.

As I've said Trump swung the rust belt.

I think there is a lot of thought from those voters.

Clinton's democratic party and the economy wasnt what anyone would regard as a great choice.

I think the same mistakes about general dismissing are being made.

Ffs they have 75% of media backing they have one failed investigation after another .

I mean whose exactly thick in all this.

You!

10 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Maple its wild .

The lies about his wife

The groping

The racist statements

The voting records.

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You!

I know I am.

Still trying to exercise what little knowledge I have.

Sorry it doesnt fit in with your politics but thanks for using what brains you have with that reply.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)