U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

News today that Trump has just requested the firing of an Inspector General who wants to open an investigation into Secretary Pompeo. How anyone can argue anything in favor of this man totally shatters any small belief I have been left with ,after years of dealing with people, in the human race. Trump is everything I was taught  to dislike and offer no respect. He lies, he cheats in every aspect, Presidency, marriage, avoidance  of war service, surrounds himself with acolytes who although been harsh critics of him prior to his electoral college election to the Presidency, now crouch at his knees and swear fidelity by continuing his lies and supporting them. Is there no shame left in American politics, there was certainly none in a Germany that led its people into a second devastating war, with lies, promises, removal by various means of dissenters. Hitler had Goebbels ,Trump has Fox News, Hitler had Goering, Hitler had Himmler, fill in your own choices for Trumps gang. 

I have in the past stated the opinion that Trump will not finish his first term I still feel that way, but I am covering my bets by stating unequivocally that if reelected he will not leave office at the end of his second term and also if he loses the upcoming election he will possibly try the same thing then.    

Edited by Sharpie

• Replies 32.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

News today that Trump has just requested the firing of an Inspector General who wants to open an investigation into Secretary Pompeo. How anyone can argue anything in favor of this man totally shatters any small belief I have been left with ,after years of dealing with people, in the human race. Trump is everything I was taught  to dislike and offer no respect. He lies, he cheats in every aspect, Presidency, marriage, avoidance  of war service, surrounds himself with acolytes who although been harsh critics of him prior to his electoral college election to the Presidency, now crouch at his knees and swear fidelity by continuing his lies and supporting them. Is there no shame left in American politics, there was certainly none in a Germany that led its people into a second devastating war, with lies, promises, removal by various means of dissenters. Hitler had Goebbels ,Trump has Fox News, Hitler had Goering, Hitler had Himmler, fill in your own choices for Trumps gang. 

I have in the past stated the opinion that Trump will not finish his first term I still feel that way, but I am covering my bets by stating unequivocally that if reelected he will not leave office at the end of his second term and also if he loses the upcoming election he will possibly try the same thing then.    

Trump will be re elected.

It's as if the Democrats want to lose putting up Biden.

I remember Reagan getting re elected and being shocked because everyone was against him.

By the way Trump has Fox news and that's about it.

The rest of the media briefs against him daily.

Anyway Trump will likely win which it seems the Democrats are helping him to do.

Edited by jake

35 minutes ago, jake said:

Trump will be re elected.

It's as if the Democrats want to lose putting up Biden.

I remember Reagan getting re elected and being shocked because everyone was against him.

By the way Trump has Fox news and that's about it.

The rest of the media briefs against him daily.

Anyway Trump will likely win which it seems the Democrats are helping him to do.

Reagan won--and got reelected--because Americans would rather listen to fairy tales about how great they are than face hard truths. Jimmy Carter had the gall to tell it like it was and the electorate destroyed him for it.

Trump has Fox News for propagandising, the Dems have MSNBC for propagandising, and CNN is the pure corporatist-only outlet. There is no representation in the media for working people.

Trump will likely win and the DNC would rather lose with Biden than win with Bernie Sanders, which says it all.

So the millions of voters who vote to elect the President have decided Biden is a loser, and Trump is a winner. You do realise as has been stated on here numerous times that Trump did not win the election Hillary Clinton did with a reasonable majority and she was at that election probably the poorest candidate the Democrats had. She gave Trump the Electoral College  when she failed to give any campaign visits to States that went Trumps way, her campaign was to say the least flawed. Many of todays most ardent Trump supporters were more surprised than anyone that he won. I would even go as far as to say the most surprised person may well have been Trump himself. The way things are going in the States Trump may well win a second term. He pretty well has to. because if he doesn't the indictments that will be laid against him will make the corona virus look like a minor dose of the sniffles. Firing officials, packing Courts with favorable judges, refusing to show income tax, pardoning and influencing such as Barr to do what is requested, I make no claim to be the sharpest knife in the drawer but if I can see the dangers of another term surely ordinary reasonable people the same as I do.

Any time I see there's a new post on this thread I have that sinking feeling and wonder to myself "What the **** has that bairnly arsehole said or done now?"

50 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Reagan won--and got reelected--because Americans would rather listen to fairy tales about how great they are than face hard truths. Jimmy Carter had the gall to tell it like it was and the electorate destroyed him for it.

Trump has Fox News for propagandising, the Dems have MSNBC for propagandising, and CNN is the pure corporatist-only outlet. There is no representation in the media for working people.

Trump will likely win and the DNC would rather lose with Biden than win with Bernie Sanders, which says it all.

Was listening to an opinion about the working people.

And the Democrats remind me off the Labour party in that they forgot about the working class.

Especially in the rust belt.

And from a conservative view theyd have been more inclined to vote Hilary as opposed to Trump who isnt really a typical conservative.

The conservative democrat was put off by identity politics.

It's interesting that the labour party lost voters in much the same way in the North.

So I'd say Bernie Sanders wouldn't have stood anymore of a chance than Biden.

It would have been interesting had the democrats put up a solid candidate.

I'd still be inclined to think hed win.

Despite finding very little positive to read about him.

He has had some decent achievements although that's probably despite him .

If he is re elected the democrats may want to re examine how they deal with Trump.

Bernie Sanders was the only candidate possibly to the left of centre in the entire race, who has not "forgotten about the working class". I can't make sense of your conclusion at all, @jake. But, much like Labour, Dems forgetting the working class has been happening since the 90s, only without an actual leftist pushback at all. The US's closest equivalent to Corbyn was indeed Bernie, and he's never gotten anywhere close to getting control of the party. They won't allow it.

1759565214_BillClintonsBrilliance.jpg.b942ea6e3c9bd3a1c51f419cad7e05b1.jpg

Edited by Justin Z

43 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Bernie Sanders was the only candidate possibly to the left of centre in the entire race, who has not "forgotten about the working class". I can't make sense of your conclusion at all, @jake. But, much like Labour, Dems forgetting the working class has been happening since the 90s, only without an actual leftist pushback at all. The US's closest equivalent to Corbyn was indeed Bernie, and he's never gotten anywhere close to getting control of the party. They won't allow it.

1759565214_BillClintonsBrilliance.jpg.b942ea6e3c9bd3a1c51f419cad7e05b1.jpg

I was relating what happened to Corbyns general election result to what I think would have happened to Sanders .

In response to you saying theyd rather lose than pick Sanders.

I was more questioning the approach to Trump if re elected and the response.

Anyway I can tell your fed up with it atm so I will stop talking shite.

2 hours ago, Boof said:

Any time I see there's a new post on this thread I have that sinking feeling and wonder to myself "What the **** has that bairnly arsehole said or done now?"

That's quite uncanny as I was just about to post similarly.    :rofl:

I was going to say every time I open this thread I wonder if I'll regret it.

Dagger Is Back
2 hours ago, Boof said:

Yip

First thing I do is check the news Boof. 

39 minutes ago, jake said:

Anyway I can tell your fed up with it atm so I will stop talking shite.

I was in Scotland from September of 2015 and got to basically avoid, at my leisure, the entire 2016 election cycle.

Being back here right now is an absolute nightmare tbf

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

I was in Scotland from September of 2015 and got to basically avoid, at my leisure, the entire 2016 election cycle.

Being back here right now is an absolute nightmare tbf

Will you be coming back?

4 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Will you be coming back?

I fully plan on it, but these days, who knows when that might be?

On 15/05/2020 at 10:50, Smithee said:

Getting sick of the conspiracy theorists and tiptoeing around them, pretending they're not being thick ****s.

They demand proof upon proof upon proof from you, but they'll believe anything a YouTube video with professional graphics tells them.

Thick ****s

No one could accuse me of tiptoeing around their stupidity. Just one comment I made as soon as this grunt began grunting.

And patently so is the attention grunt you're addressing who in just a few posts has proven to be an idiot barely capable of constructing a legible sentence containing any argument at all. A classic example of a grunt talking and saying absolutely nothing.

Though I would like to add just one more remark in a sort of defence of such grunts. Some and clearly that one are so incredibly stupid they don't have the mental capacity to grasp their own stupidity. Thus they continue grunting utter shite oblivious to their stupidity.

There's actually a psychological term reserved for the species. the Dunning–Kruger effect.

In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people with low ability at a task overestimate their ability. It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability. Without the self-awareness of metacognition, people cannot objectively evaluate their competence or incompetence.

It also perfectly describes Trump. Video below of Trump explaining how "I know windmills very much" and has "studied it better than anybody"

Perhaps this local grunt can explain to us how literate and logical this bizarre rambling is.

The Real Maroonblood
6 hours ago, Justin Z said:

👍

Governor Tarkin
9 hours ago, Justin Z said:

In time for the pubs opening. 🤞👍

The Mighty Thor
10 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Trump using his time well... Currently watching McIlroy and Johnson Vs Wolff and Fowler

And blaming China for no golf 😂

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

And blaming China for no golf 😂

He phoned up to talk and ended up talking about how great his testing was and how he wants to pack stadiums soon

So it seems Bill Barr has grown some testes. Today he announces that there is no evidence that either President Obama or Vice President Biden conducted themselves in a criminal manner in the case of the Russia investigation, President Trump has made public statements to that affect and has again been proven wrong and untruthful. It is a dramatic change for Barr who a week ago was highly critical of the Russia investigation, it seem his loyalty to Trump probably based on self preservation is waning. Now with the fourth Inspector General fired, and Pompeo under two investigations, one that he used a political appointee to walk his dog, and another that money was given to the Saudis for an emergency that no one can find any evidence of.

1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

So it seems Bill Barr has grown some testes. Today he announces that there is no evidence that either President Obama or Vice President Biden conducted themselves in a criminal manner in the case of the Russia investigation, President Trump has made public statements to that affect and has again been proven wrong and untruthful. It is a dramatic change for Barr who a week ago was highly critical of the Russia investigation, it seem his loyalty to Trump probably based on self preservation is waning. Now with the fourth Inspector General fired, and Pompeo under two investigations, one that he used a political appointee to walk his dog, and another that money was given to the Saudis for an emergency that no one can find any evidence of.

Not buying Barr is suddenly exercising some independence here. Obamagate was a Trump con to create a distraction, make Barr look equitable and smear Biden. It achieved all three.

Maple Leaf

90,000 COVID-19 deaths and rising in the USA.  I'm guessing Trump was wrong when he said that they were ready for the virus and had it all under control.  Only 5% of the world's population, but nearly 30% of the world's COVID deaths

The man-child has tried to blame China and has tried to blame Obama.  Now some officials in the Trump administration are blaming the American people, especially African Americans and other minorities because they have pre-existing health conditions like obesity and diabetes.

Well, duh, everyone with eyes knows that obesity is a problem in the USA.  The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) was an attempt to address the matter of health care and pre-existing conditions, yet Trump has spent a lot of time trying to scrap Obamacare without having a suitable replacement.

Just like some of his other campaign promises, "better health care at lower prices" was just bullshit.

32 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Not buying Barr is suddenly exercising some independence here. Obamagate was a Trump con to create a distraction, make Barr look equitable and smear Biden. It achieved all three.

I 'm not sure I understand your point, Obamagate was a Trump Campaign smear just like the Hillary e mail lock her up chants. Barr today removed any smear on Biden or Obama, to me this makes Trump who stood on the podium late last week and talked about the crime they committed, when asked by a reporter what the crime was Trump blustered and said read it its in all the papers, now his chosen Attorney General has said quite bluntly no crime has been committed by either of these two men. Trump who has chanted the mantra this is big and going to get bigger now looks even more of a fool and has been made so by his own head of the Justice Department. 

32 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

90,000 COVID-19 deaths and rising in the USA.  I'm guessing Trump was wrong when he said that they were ready for the virus and had it all under control.  Only 5% of the world's population, but nearly 30% of the world's COVID deaths

The man-child has tried to blame China and has tried to blame Obama.  Now some officials in the Trump administration are blaming the American people, especially African Americans and other minorities because they have pre-existing health conditions like obesity and diabetes.

Well, duh, everyone with eyes knows that obesity is a problem in the USA.  The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) was an attempt to address the matter of health care and pre-existing conditions, yet Trump has spent a lot of time trying to scrap Obamacare without having a suitable replacement.

Just like some of his other campaign promises, "better health care at lower prices" was just bullshit.

but he is ready to have massive crowds at sporting stadiums and huge crowds at the masters as he said during that golf thing the other day

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

but he is ready to have massive crowds at sporting stadiums and huge crowds at the masters as he said during that golf thing the other day

Of course the fact that his resorts are hurting with the absence of golfers would have nothing to do with that

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Trump says he's been taking hydroxychloroquine for a couple of weeks, to gasps from the journalists.

Apparently you shouldn't take it if you have heart disease. Hopefully Trump increases his dose.

2 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Trump says he's been taking hydroxychloroquine for a couple of weeks, to gasps from the journalists.

Apparently you shouldn't take it if you have heart disease. Hopefully Trump increases his dose.

That man is so convinced about what he says that he'd prob pass a lie detector test due to him believing things that are not even true

He really doesn't think things through and appears to view his own image above that of the health of the country he seemingly leads

Still as we know never underestimate the idiots in the population

Jambo-Jimbo
7 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Maybe he'll inject himself with bleach next, well he pushed that idea as well, didn't he.

Opening shots on Biden from Trump.

Just defies belief that the supposed most powerful position in the world is being contested by these two.

Oh and seriously speaking Biden less fit than Trump for the job.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
30 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

That man is so convinced about what he says that he'd prob pass a lie detector test due to him believing things that are not even true

He really doesn't think things through and appears to view his own image above that of the health of the country he seemingly leads

Still as we know never underestimate the idiots in the population

It was a pot pourri of drugs he listed. The gasps, though, it sounded like the episode of Only Fools and Horses when Uncle Albert had to pretend to be surprised.

The look on his face, too, was what of it?-

He's a clown.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
31 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Maybe he'll inject himself with bleach next, well he pushed that idea as well, didn't he.

Here's hoping.

26 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

It was a pot pourri of drugs he listed. The gasps, though, it sounded like the episode of Only Fools and Horses when Uncle Albert had to pretend to be surprised.

The look on his face, too, was what of it?-

He's a clown.

David Jason just about managed to get through that scene with a straight face.

😂

J.T.F.Robertson
2 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Trump "says" lots of things most of which are complete, self aggrandizing bullshit. My money's on this being more of the same.

If wrong, like you, I hope he institutes an intravenous regime.

Biden

Says it all if Obama Bush Clinton wasnt enough.

The outrage over Trump if we are relating to policy and most importantly practice is a little misdirected imo.

39 minutes ago, jake said:

Biden

Says it all if Obama Bush Clinton wasnt enough.

The outrage over Trump if we are relating to policy and most importantly practice is a little misdirected imo.

Sometimes as my old mother would say its better to jus 'hud yer wheesh.

7 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Trump "says" lots of things most of which are complete, self aggrandizing bullshit. My money's on this being more of the same.

His doctor has released a statement, but it doesn't actually say Trump has been prescribed or is taking hydroxychloroquine. 🤔

If he's been taken it for 2 weeks, why only mention it now?

His associates who cornered the hydroxychloroquine market must be complaining about sales.

EYVuTFRXkAgyPCx.jpeg

The Internet

He's probably bought a load of them to help his ***** mates and thought might as well try them. 

Maple Leaf

The Donald claims to be a religious man, so I hope he has read this verse in the Bible, Proverbs 26.12

"Do you see a man who is wise in his own eyes?  There is more hope for a fool than for him."

30 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

The Donald claims to be a religious man, so I hope he has read this verse in the Bible, Proverbs 26.12

"Do you see a man who is wise in his own eyes?  There is more hope for a fool than for him."

Theres some great stuff in that book.

Maple Leaf
6 minutes ago, jake said:

Theres some great stuff in that book.

Yes there is.  There's also some horrendous stuff, but that would be a discussion for a different thread. :thumb:

Just now, Maple Leaf said:

Yes there is.  There's also some horrendous stuff, but that would be a discussion for a different thread. :thumb:

Dont worry 😄

The obese president is even now getting his staff to lie for him

I hope his doctor does not end up like Michael Jacksons doctor all because they won't tell the patient the truth

Maple Leaf
8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The obese president is even now getting his staff to lie for him

I hope his doctor does not end up like Michael Jacksons doctor all because they won't tell the patient the truth

Pelosi called Trump obese.  How dare she!!

image.jpeg

Auld Reekin'

He should try taking these:

71WghQws5LL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

They'd boost his intelligence by a factor of 5 billion.

I wasn't actually aware that he has in fact been diagnosed with some heart problems, and obesity. He is at the age of high risk for the Virus, has an existing health problem and he is using a drug on a daily basis which has been considered potentially dangerous to a user like him.  Today I watched him speaking to the farmers, at one stage he had handed the podium over to another speaker and he went over and had a very close whisper in the ear conversation with one of the participants. neither practising distancing or wearing a mask. If Trump survives this plague as he calls it that would have to be an act of divine mercy.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
18 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

There is hope.

https://www.cbs42.com/news/health/coronavirus/aides-scramble-to-defend-trumps-use-of-unproven-drug/

The White House physician, Dr. Sean Conley, said in a statement released through the press office that, after “numerous discussions” with Trump about the evidence for and against using hydroxychloroquine, “we concluded the potential benefit from treatment outweighed the relative risks.”

Sawdust Caesar
6 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

"We concluded..." really means that I was ordered/threatened to say this will be safe to use. Although I wonder if the WH physician has gotten fed up with the dangerous bullshit Trump spews out and has just thought "yeah, let him take, maybe get rid of him for good." 

Mind you if that happens Fox will accuse the doctor of assassinating the president and he'll have to go into hiding.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)