U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

An interesting interview from 2017 including Alec Baldwin talking about Trump which is also frequently funny. Changed my view of Alec Baldwin. He's eloquent and insightful.

• Replies 32.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trump: We need to get the schools back open now.

Faucci: No we need to phase them back gradually and monitor the situation.

Trump: The deaths are probably lower than we are stating.

Faucci: The deaths are probably higher than we are stating.

Result: Bye bye Mr Faucci.

Fox news reporter says "No disrespect to Mr Faucci but he's just a scientist, he's not been elected to anything."

Mental looneys in that country.

21 minutes ago, graygo said:

Fox news reporter says "No disrespect to Mr Faucci but he's just a scientist, he's not been elected to anything."

Just a weekly shout out.

**** Trump, **** America and **** everyone that voted for Trump.

**** them.

The virus will come back and **** them up.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
9 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

:rofl: He's a horrible sod, Trump is almost a watered down version. His hero is Nixon, which sums him up.

annushorribilis III
10 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

I've been binge watching Suits  and when it comes to the bits where they take/give depositions and I'm thinking "this is some fantasy made for TV over-dramatised shit".....and then I see this. :24_shocked: :rofl:

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
15 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Just a weekly shout out.

**** Trump, **** America and **** everyone that voted for Trump.

**** them.

The virus will come back and **** them up.

I saw Mark Cuban getting interviewed, and he is worried that if the US were to find a vaccine for covid 19 they'd not give it to China.

11 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I saw Mark Cuban getting interviewed, and he is worried that if the US were to find a vaccine for covid 19 they'd not give it to China.

They wouldn't give it to most Countries.

Or Democrat States.

They wouldn't.   Let that sink in.

This is the world we live in......

Edited by Lovecraft

annushorribilis III

I've just started reading "The Fire & the Fury" based on the author's experiences of the first 9 months of Trump & his regime and it's jaw droppingly good.

Favourite so far - after he gave his inaugural address on being sworn in he gave a staggeringly bad speech, which was so bad  George W Bush is quoted as having said "that is some weird shit". 

10 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Trump spreading lies about a journalist murdering an office worker (who collapsed and hit her head on a desk, in 2000).

Journalists should ask him to clarify what he got up to with convicted paedophile, Jeffrey Epstein.

The same Jeffrey Epstein that Trump barred from his Florida hotel for propositioning the 15 year old daughter of an employee?

The same Jeffrey Epstein Trump's DOJ arrested, held in custody before trial, who then "killed himself"?

The same Jeffrey Epstein who is good pals with our head of states "favourite son"?

Aye, maybe people should ask about him.

Maple Leaf

Trump is unsuitable to be President of the USA.  He is an admitted sex offender and a proven liar.  He is lacking morally and intellectually for a job that required high standards for both morals and intellect.

He hasn't made America great again. He hasn't provided better health care at lower prices. He hasn't drained the swamp, and he hasn't built the wall ... all the jingoistic slogans that suckered the voters last time. 

His bumbling of the COVID-19 crisis has needlessly cost the lives of tens of thousands of Americans.

He's an appalling person and an appalling President.

And it's even money that he will be re-elected for a second term in November. Go figure.

7 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Trump is unsuitable to be President of the USA.  He is an admitted sex offender and a proven liar.  He is lacking morally and intellectually for a job that required high standards for both morals and intellect.

He hasn't made America great again. He hasn't provided better health care at lower prices. He hasn't drained the swamp, and he hasn't built the wall ... all the jingoistic slogans that suckered the voters last time. 

His bumbling of the COVID-19 crisis has needlessly cost the lives of tens of thousands of Americans.

And it's even money that he will be re-elected for a second term in November. Go figure.

It's obviously bizarre that there are any functioning adult humans alive who would consider for a moment that this simple minded grunt is fit for any office far less high office. And even more bizarre that apparently there are tens of millions who do. Or at least say they do.

This guy in the video i'm about to post has at least some speculative answers which he describes in a book he wrote called 'Fantasyland: The History of America's Irrationality'. He thinks this has been coming for decades.

And a comment I saw the same guy make during another interview about the people outside New York, California, etc who voted for Trump was also interesting. He said that the people who vote for him come from states the Californians and New Yorkers etc typically mock even to their faces.

The stereotypical cracks like did you marry your cousin etc. And this guy thinks that at least some of those people voted for Trump as a sort of up yours to the East and West cost people.

Here he is talking about his book which attempts to explain this weird Trump era. A summary of his books purpose in a sentence.

'How can we make sense of America’s current “post-factual,” “post-truth,” “fake news” moment?' 

4 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

An admitted sex offender? When did he admit that?

You seem obsessed with sex offenders.

Any reason?

Unknown user
1 minute ago, JamboDrew said:

An admitted sex offender? When did he admit that?

You seem obsessed with sex offenders.

Any reason?

"I’m automatically attracted to beautiful [women], just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."

2005, when he thought the mic had been turned off.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, JamboDrew said:

"Simple minded grunt"?

You don't come accross as the sharpest tool in the box yourself, mate.

He is a simple minded grunt, nasty too

1 hour ago, graygo said:

The same Dr Faucci, who 15 years ago, said hydroxychloriquine was a wonderful drug to,  combat coronaviruses?

The same Dr Faucci, who now says it's not? 

But the expensive drug he is invested in is the new wonderful?

That "scientist">

Just now, Smithee said:

"I’m automatically attracted to beautiful [women], just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."

2005, when he thought the mic had been turned off.

I assume that you have never exaggerated your magical prowess with women with your mates, when noone is listening?

Do you even have magical prowess with women?

Probably not....neither does Trump....doesn't make him an "admitted sexoffender"

annushorribilis III
5 minutes ago, JamboDrew said:

The same Dr Faucci, who 15 years ago, said hydroxychloriquine was a wonderful drug to,  combat coronaviruses?

That "scientist">

Link please ?

And to be clear - he did not say that in relation to THIS specific coronvirus - not in the articles I've read. 

PS Is the drug in use in any country for treatment of Covid19 currently ? 

J.T.F.Robertson

Maybe 'cause he's of the opinion someone who goes out of his way to appeal to Christian morality, yet has been caught on numerous occasions contradicting his "beliefs", (that's a cracker) deserves calling out.

"Any reason" you seem to want to defend this self-serving hypocrite?

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He is a simple minded grunt, nasty too

And patently so is the attention grunt you're addressing who in just a few posts has proven to be an idiot barely capable of constructing a legible sentence containing any argument at all. A classic example of a grunt talking and saying absolutely nothing.

I decided to give it zero attention because there is nothing worse you can do a simple minded attention beggar than ignore it. And actually now on ignore so it can never again foul my vision with simple minded shite such at that it just grunted about Anthony Fauci as it tries ever harder to beg for more attention.

Don’t fall for conspiracy about Dr. Anthony Fauci, hydroxychloroquine

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, JamboDrew said:

I assume that you have never exaggerated your magical prowess with women with your mates, when noone is listening?

Do you even have magical prowess with women?

Probably not....neither does Trump....doesn't make him an "admitted sexoffender"

He admitted he commits sexual offences, deal with it 

Just now, annushorribilis III said:

Link please ?

And to be clear - he did not say that in relation to THIS specific coronvirus - not in the articles I've read. 

PS Is the drug in use in any country for treatment of Covid19 currently ? 

I beleive that it has been successfully used in several countries.

Can't find any links at the moment, google sensors so much.

Here is anecdotal evidence from France....hydroxycloriquine prescriptions up 7000%

And yes, Dr Faucci did not say that about current corona virus.....but he did say it about prior corona viruses. Why the change of tune?

Just now, Smithee said:

He admitted he commits sexual offences, deal with it 

Why are you obsessed with "sexual offences"?

annushorribilis III
19 minutes ago, JamboDrew said:

That "scientist">

You may have noticed that mentions of antimalarial drugs as remedies for the novel coronavirus infection have fallen off a cliff lately. Two new data points released in recent days might well end the craze completely.

The two latest developments include a study of cases at Veterans Affairs Department hospitals showing that COVID-19 patients who received hydroxychloroquine died at higher rates than those who didn’t receive it.

Nor did the researchers find that treatment with the drug affected the rate at which the patients, who generally had advanced COVID-19 illness, needed to be put on ventilators, the most extreme therapy for the disease.

The fact of the matter is, we don’t know .... At this point ... we are better off waiting for the randomized trials Dr. Fauci has been asking for.
DR. OZ BACKS AWAY FROM HIS CHLOROQUINE CLAIMS
ADVERTISEMENT

The second development is an advisory from the National Institutes of Health recommending against the use of hydroxychloroquine in conjunction with the antibiotic azithromycin in COVID-19 cases. The advisory carries the code A-III, meaning that it’s a “strong recommendation” against, based on “expert opinion.” The NIH cites the drug combination’s “potential for toxicities.”

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2020-04-22/trump-chloroquine-craze

Just now, JFK-1 said:

And patently so is the attention grunt you're addressing who in just a few posts has proven to be an idiot barely capable of constructing a legible sentence containing any argument at all. A classic example of a grunt talking and saying absolutely nothing.

I decided to give it zero attention because there is nothing worse you can do a simple minded attention beggar than ignore it. And actually now on ignore so it can never again foul my vision with simple minded shite such at that it just grunted about Anthony Fauci as it tries ever harder to beg for more attention.

I'm just asking questions, mate

annushorribilis III
2 minutes ago, JamboDrew said:

I beleive that it has been successfully used in several countries.

Can't find any links at the moment, google sensors so much.

Here is anecdotal evidence from France....hydroxycloriquine prescriptions up 7000%

And yes, Dr Faucci did not say that about current corona virus.....but he did say it about prior corona viruses. Why the change of tune?

I posted you a link to the LATimes, just. On the flipside, you can find links strongly in favour but it's clear they are "conservative" sources/publications   , so you can guess what that means.  

You may have noticed that mentions of antimalarial drugs as remedies for the novel coronavirus infection have fallen off a cliff lately. Two new data points released in recent days might well end the craze completely.

The two latest developments include a study of cases at Veterans Affairs Department hospitals showing that COVID-19 patients who received hydroxychloroquine died at higher rates than those who didn’t receive it.

Nor did the researchers find that treatment with the drug affected the rate at which the patients, who generally had advanced COVID-19 illness, needed to be put on ventilators, the most extreme therapy for the disease.

The fact of the matter is, we don’t know .... At this point ... we are better off waiting for the randomized trials Dr. Fauci has been asking for.
DR. OZ BACKS AWAY FROM HIS CHLOROQUINE CLAIMS
ADVERTISEMENT

The second development is an advisory from the National Institutes of Health recommending against the use of hydroxychloroquine in conjunction with the antibiotic azithromycin in COVID-19 cases. The advisory carries the code A-III, meaning that it’s a “strong recommendation” against, based on “expert opinion.” The NIH cites the drug combination’s “potential for toxicities.”

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2020-04-22/trump-chloroquine-craze

I bet you will find me a positive Remdivisir study though? lol

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, JamboDrew said:

Why are you obsessed with "sexual offences"?

All I did was answer your question. Deal with that too.

I posted you a link to the LATimes, just. On the flipside, you can find links strongly in favour but it's clear they are "conservative" sources/publications   , so you can guess what that means.  

That's the point....everything is so censored.....it's either right or left....no room for common sense or what is good for common man

annushorribilis III
9 minutes ago, JamboDrew said:

I beleive that it has been successfully used in several countries.         WHERE ?

Can't find any links at the moment, google sensors so much.            If you were in China , maybe

Here is anecdotal evidence from France....hydroxycloriquine prescriptions up 7000%      That's worthless and it's not Fauci.

And yes, Dr Faucci did not say that about current corona virus.....but he did say it about prior corona viruses. Why the change of tune?           No offence , you don't know what you're talking about so I'm going to back out from this. 

And Faucci, did say, 15 years ago, that hydroxycloriquine was wonderful for treating corona viruses. Now he says it's not.

Why is that?

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, JamboDrew said:

And Faucci, did say, 15 years ago, that hydroxycloriquine was wonderful for treating corona viruses. Now he says it's not.

Why is that?

We're done here. 

Unknown user
37 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I hadn't seen that 👍

Just now, Smithee said:

I hadn't seen that 👍

Is that the conspiracy where "Dr" Faucci puses Remdivisir at one and a half grand a pill, when far cheaper, and possibly more proven, drugs, are available for a few dollars?

Just now, JamboDrew said:

Look around mate....we might as well be in China at the moment

Just to make a quiet comment on one of your own comments, corona viruses are many some in simple colds,  some quite mild, and it is quite possible Dr Fauci did mention fifteen years ago that certain available medications could be used as treatment. However the Covid 19 form of the virus is a new strain which up to now there is no known cure for. I follow the briefings and news quite closely and do not recall Dr Fauci ever recommend hydroxychloriquine as an effective or even recommended treatment. He was mild in his responses at the time not I felt wanting to be offensive to Trump who was advocating it as a cure, citing the recovery of a friend miraculously from the virus.

One could gain the impression that you are a strong supporter of Trump, what makes you feel that way, he is weak as is proven by his bombastity, generally an indication of self suspected weakness, he lies in an uncontrolled manner, he uses military type expressions, battlefield, and others, strange for a man who was never on or near one in his life. A strange man who claims to have won an election when in fact he was soundly defeated in the popular vote, but was elected by the strange eccentricity that is the Electoral college. I am sure though with your strong beliefs and defences of the man when China have had enough of his rhetoric and take military action you will unlike your hero will in fact go when called, unlike the man who failed a medical because of bone spurs, there is another term for such a man but I just cannot recall it right now.

Just now, Sharpie said:

Just to make a quiet comment on one of your own comments, corona viruses are many some in simple colds,  some quite mild, and it is quite possible Dr Fauci did mention fifteen years ago that certain available medications could be used as treatment. However the Covid 19 form of the virus is a new strain which up to now there is no known cure for. I follow the briefings and news quite closely and do not recall Dr Fauci ever recommend hydroxychloriquine as an effective or even recommended treatment. He was mild in his responses at the time not I felt wanting to be offensive to Trump who was advocating it as a cure, citing the recovery of a friend miraculously from the virus.

One could gain the impression that you are a strong supporter of Trump, what makes you feel that way, he is weak as is proven by his bombastity, generally an indication of self suspected weakness, he lies in an uncontrolled manner, he uses military type expressions, battlefield, and others, strange for a man who was never on or near one in his life. A strange man who claims to have won an election when in fact he was soundly defeated in the popular vote, but was elected by the strange eccentricity that is the Electoral college. I am sure though with your strong beliefs and defences of the man when China have had enough of his rhetoric and take military action you will unlike your hero will in fact go when called, unlike the man who failed a medical because of bone spurs, there is another term for such a man but I just cannot recall it right now.

He did recommend it 15 years ago.

You are right, coronaviruses are usually just common colds.

Why wouldn't he recommend, when all these people are dying, even trying hydroxycloriquine? The same drug he recommended 15 years ago. Worth a shot, maybe?

Instead he will recomend an expensive drug that is just as, or maybe more, unproven, as hydroxychloriquine.

21 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I hadn't seen that 👍

The typical low quality attention begging grunt can often be easy to detect. Standard attention begging most often involves not making an actual post as such but quoting someone else in an attempt to beg for their attention.

The attempt wont amount to much because in general we're not talking about individuals who are by any description eloquent, highly literate, or well read in a given topic. Typically it will amount to a few words because elaborate sentences containing a detailed argument and evidence for it are beyond them. And obviously never expect a paragraph.

They simply grunt a few words, phrase like, typically being contrary to something someone else has said and wait for the attention. For example if I were one and you said the sky is blue then went into a descriptive scientific explanation of why it was blue I would respond with 'no it's not' and that's my argument. Then wait for the attention.

You give me my attention with more information describing why the sky is blue and I simply change my original grunt to a few different words again denying the sky is blue while providing nothing to prove it. And though I can't see what he grunts anymore I'm willing to bet that's how it played out. More or less.

13 minutes ago, JamboDrew said:

He did recommend it 15 years ago.

You are right, coronaviruses are usually just common colds.

Why wouldn't he recommend, when all these people are dying, even trying hydroxycloriquine? The same drug he recommended 15 years ago. Worth a shot, maybe?

Instead he will recomend an expensive drug that is just as, or maybe more, unproven, as hydroxychloriquine.

I see why you are a fan of Donald you have the same difficulty of comprehension as he does. Just to try and explain a wee bit further fifteen years ago the medication being discussed was possibly quite effective in treatment of the known corona viruses, and well may have been   correctly recommended by Dr Fauci, but this is a different strain and he does/did not recommend its use for covid 19.

Edited by Sharpie

The latest pearl of wisdom from 'Dr' Trump.

US President Donald Trump has said a sobering warning by his top infectious diseases expert about lifting pandemic restrictions too soon was unacceptable.

Well I don't think any if us needed to be told that reality is unacceptable to Trump. A link to the full article.

Coronavirus: Trump says Dr Fauci's warning 'not acceptable'

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
7 hours ago, JamboDrew said:

The same Jeffrey Epstein that Trump barred from his Florida hotel for propositioning the 15 year old daughter of an employee?

The same Jeffrey Epstein Trump's DOJ arrested, held in custody before trial, who then "killed himself"?

The same Jeffrey Epstein who is good pals with our head of states "favourite son"?

Aye, maybe people should ask about him.

That's him. Trump lived a few minutes up the road from him and was a frequent guest.

DarthVodka
9 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Trump has actually pulled the US out of international vaccine research - if they get there first he will be sure to charge anyone a premium for this

8 hours ago, JamboDrew said:

That "scientist">

You do realise that there are many different types of Coronavirus, don't you?

What expensive drug is he invested in?

Edit: sorry didn't see the next page before my questions which have been answered and you exposed.

Edited by graygo

The Real Maroonblood
34 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

Trump has actually pulled the US out of international vaccine research - if they get there first he will be sure to charge anyone a premium for this

Cretan.

39 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

And if someone else gets there first he'll either try to buy up the rights to it or have a tantrum when he doesn't get it for a knockdown price.

25 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Anything backing up this Fauci claim 15 years ago? 

Yes, he's posted it 3 times.

How much proof do you need?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)