U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

4 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

He just said, "nobody ever thought that this could happen" to explain why the "cupboard was bare" regarding testing equipment etc.

Brushing past (with ease) the fact that Obama is on record only 5 or so years ago saying this could very possibly happen and setting up the unit to counter pandemics, the one that Trump shut down.

So what's new? I have lost count of the number of times he has been filmed saying something then at a later date claiming he never said what he said. What he's actually on film saying.

How many times has he said "who knew" something that everybody knew?

I sometimes wonder if he actually grasps the absurdity of it all. Is he that fu*%ed up in the head he truly doesn't? I suspect that is a possibility which is disturbing to say the least.

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SwindonJambo
21 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Planning on Opening the country on May 1st. Luckily there are currently 50 people in the way of that at the moment. 

That would be the State Governors and let's hope they stand firm and assert themselves, even the red state ones.

SwindonJambo
20 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

So what's new? I have lost count of the number of times he has been filmed saying something then at a later date claiming he never said what he said. What he's actually on film saying.

I sometimes wonder if he actually grasps the absurdity of it all. Is he that fu*%ed up in the head he truly doesn't? I suspect that is a possibility which is disturbing to say the least.

He clearly has serious cognitive issues and is prone to meltdowns as we've seen. And according to our resident Arizonan, Biden ain't much better!

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, SwindonJambo said:

I've lived down South for nearly 40 years and it's far from the case. I would describe relatively few people down here as thick rednecks and those I would either don't vote at all or vote for the likes of UKIP or the Brexit Party. There are lots of affluent people in rural areas who vote Tory habitually. Labour under Corbyn were an absolute shambles and they took a hiding in Swindon's 2 seats, which they held from 1997-2010.

I am hoping that Keir Starmer can get them into shape and forge some sort of recovery.

I dislike Boris and his party but I'd certainly rather have him than Trump.

Maybe you're a thick redneck and you're just not smart enough to realise it? 

SwindonJambo
10 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Maybe you're a thick redneck and you're just not smart enough to realise it? 

Thanks. You're very kind.

I've never voted Conservative in my life nor will I ever. I merely gave you my observations after 40 years of living here. 

7 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Thanks. You're very kind.

I've never voted Conservative in my life nor will I ever. I merely gave you my observations after 40 years of living here. 

I'm not having a go at you here (I am) but how can you say you will never vote for a particular party?

What if they change their ways and they are the best option?

Is it because what they have done in the past is unforgivable?

That's a dangerous road to go down in my opinion.

Having said that it's difficult to imagine the Tories changing their ways but you never know.

SwindonJambo
5 minutes ago, graygo said:

I'm not having a go at you here (I am) but how can you say you will never vote for a particular party?

What if they change their ways and they are the best option?

Is it because what they have done in the past is unforgivable?

That's a dangerous road to go down in my opinion.

Having said that it's difficult to imagine the Tories changing their ways but you never know.

I’m originally from Lanarkshire. I moved South as a teenager with my family in the early 80s. Yes it’s not beautiful and was still reliant on heavy industry which was always going to struggle in the modern World  but when it did so Thatcher’s lot left it to fall apart and did absolutely zero to help. Literally  zero. 

I’m very moderate Centre left but dogmatic as it is, I just cannot see me ever putting a cross in a box next to a conservative candidate. At the last election I strongly disliked all 3 parties and ended up voting for a local 1 man band independent. Had he not stood, I’d have spoilt my ballot paper.

Still, I do not bear a grudge against anyone’s voting choices. It’s none of my business. In December most of my work colleagues, perfectly pleasant and decent types, admitted they voted Conservative.

39 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

I’m originally from Lanarkshire. I moved South as a teenager with my family in the early 80s. Yes it’s not beautiful and was still reliant on heavy industry which was always going to struggle in the modern World  but when it did so Thatcher’s lot left it to fall apart and did absolutely zero to help. Literally  zero. 

I’m very moderate Centre left but dogmatic as it is, I just cannot see me ever putting a cross in a box next to a conservative candidate. At the last election I strongly disliked all 3 parties and ended up voting for a local 1 man band independent. Had he not stood, I’d have spoilt my ballot paper.

Still, I do not bear a grudge against anyone’s voting choices. It’s none of my business. In December most of my work colleagues, perfectly pleasant and decent types, admitted they voted Conservative.

Cheers, so it's because what they have done in the past that means you could never vote for them in the future.

I totally get it, I'm from a mining village myself and was 20 during the miner's strike so can't imagine I would ever vote for them either.

I just wondered when I see Labour and the Tories both moving towards the centre whether you could ever see yourself changing.

At the moment it's still unthinkable for me but I'd like to think that I would weigh up the options and vote for what I thought was the best option at the time.

:Aye:Who am I kidding? That's enough red wine for me tonight.

32 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The tories are not moving to the centre

They're nowhere near it to be fair but compared to the Thatcher days?

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, graygo said:

They're nowhere near it to be fair but compared to the Thatcher days?

They're so radge John Major, a former tory prime minister, urged voters to vote against them and Heseltine, a prominent cabinet member under Thatcher, was expelled by the tories after doing the same.

Edited by Smithee

Trump's withdrawal of WHO funds is just another attempt by him and his toadies to assign blame for the COVID-19 disaster that has struck the USA. At various times in the past couple of weeks it has been the Democrats, the Chinese, the Fake News media, the CDC, Obama, and the WHO.

His approach to the Presidency is simple ... if it's a good thing he did it, if it's a bad thing it's someone's else's fault.   I'm sure that a psychologist could put a name to that behaviour.

But it sure isn't normal for a sane, mature adult, which leads one to the obvious conclusion.

The Real Maroonblood
9 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

Seemingly he's going to cut off funding for the WHO. What a totally thick arsewipe of a feeble excuse for a man.

I Never use the word hate but I will make an exception for this excuse for a Human Being.

An absolute Cretan.

I hope for the rest of his life every jobby he does is a hedgehog.

I cannot stand him.  There has never been anyone in my almost 50 years that I have disliked more.

David Brent + Mussolini + Homer Simpson = Trump.  

I dislike Jared Kushner as well.  Slimy wee chinless knob.

Edited by Sydney

I P Knightley
9 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I know! His lies are so bare-faced, you start to question whether maybe you have got it wrong!

He is a deeply disturbed individual.

I'm at the stage where an assassination* might be the best all round.  And I'm generally a pacifist, against capital punishment and was rooting for Johnson to pull through despite wholly agreeing with Eddie Mair's rhetorical question to Johnson 'You''re a nasty piece of work, aren't you?'

*Other alternatives will be considered.

Edited by DETTY29

The Real Maroonblood
57 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I'm at the stage where an assassination* might be the best all round.  And I'm generally a pacifist, against capital punishment and was rooting for Johnson to pull through despite wholly agreeing with Eddie Mair's rhetorical question to Johnson 'You''re a nasty piece of work, aren't you?'

It shows how people can despise him when you feel like that.

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It shows how people can despise him when you feel like that.

I don't really want him assassinated, other measures would be far more preferable for him to be removed from office.  Suppose that can only be the Americans not voting for him again.

Anyone losing life has grief and horrible consequences for families, especially in tragic or illegal circumstances.

Just attributes Trump and his own direct family fail in abundance. 

1 hour ago, Sydney said:

I cannot stand him.  There has never been anyone in my almost 50 years that I have disliked more.

David Brent + Mussolini + Homer Simpson = Trump.  

I dislike Jared Kushner as well.  Slimy wee chinless knob.

GpXuDLg.jpeg

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I don't really want him assassinated, other measures would be far more preferable for him to be removed from office.  Suppose that can only be the Americans not voting for him again.

Anyone losing life has grief and horrible consequences for families, especially in tragic or illegal circumstances.

Just attributes Trump and his own direct family fail in abundance. 

Sadly he probably get back in again.

3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

The word used for his removal in your post is purely and strictly murder, a crime in every country  in the world, and for the religious an act against their tenets. The other thing is it would make him a person who had been a victim of mistreatment in history. My personal wish is to see him carry on as is which will lead to his removal in disgrace,

His system of firing people who disagree with him is like a former dictator who removed such disagreeing people such as Unions and Jews. His downfall was the saying as will be Trumps, and I paraphrase, "when he came for the Union I said nothing, when he came for the Jews I said nothing, when he came for me there was no one left to say something for me".  I am sure there must be some in the White House, and even one in the Senate who ponder on that at times.

2 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

The word used for his removal in your post is purely and strictly murder, a crime in every country  in the world, and for the religious an act against their tenets. The other thing is it would make him a person who had been a victim of mistreatment in history. My personal wish is to see him carry on as is which will lead to his removal in disgrace,

His system of firing people who disagree with him is like a former dictator who removed such disagreeing people such as Unions and Jews. His downfall was the saying as will be Trumps, and I paraphrase, "when he came for the Union I said nothing, when he came for the Jews I said nothing, when he came for me there was no one left to say something for me".  I am sure there must be some in the White House, and even one in the Senate who ponder on that at times.

Jail time for him, Krushner and 3 of his kids would be by far the best option.

Why Are Rich Americans Getting $1.7 Million Stimulus Checks? - Forbes

“For those earning $1 million annually, a tax break buried in the recent coronavirus relief legislation is so generous that its total cost is more than total new funding for all hospitals in America and more than the total provided to all state and local governments,” said Doggett. “Someone wrongly seized on this health emergency to reward ultrarich beneficiaries, likely including the Trump family, with a tax loophole not available to middle class families. This net operating loss loophole is a loser that should be repealed.” 

The klepto-plutocracy continues.

Jambo-Jimbo

I don't want Trump dead, no I want him to live and see everyone turn against him, everyone whom he thought was a friend either deny they knew him or even better come out and tell the world what a thoroughly odious lying prick he is, who didn't give a shit about anybody including his so called base whom he privately thought of as stupid and thick. 

I want him to see his business empire crash and crumble around him, for him to lose his wealth for him to lose everything.

Now that would be far better to see then him stop a bullet.

And now we hear that the stimulus cheques issued to the American public will bear the name of Donald Trump

This is just another example of a man who seeks power no matter the cost to others

Many of those idiots in the USA will actually believe he personally is helping them out...you would never get away with this in our country

The Treasury Department has ordered President Trump’s name be printed on stimulus checks the Internal Revenue Service is rushing to send to tens of millions of Americans, a process that could slow their delivery by a few days, senior IRS officials said.

The unprecedented decision, finalized late Monday, means that when recipients open the $1,200 paper checks the IRS is scheduled to begin sending to 70 million Americans in coming days, “President Donald J. Trump” will appear on the left side of the payment.

It will be the first time a president’s name appears on an IRS disbursement, whether a routine refund or one of the handful of checks the government has issued to taxpayers in recent decades either to stimulate a down economy or share the dividends of a strong one. 

No surprise he is trying to fool the stupid again, but you can bet the insane crook will be writing the biggest check out to himself to save his ailing crime family. He can get away with anything as we know.  

Rodger Mellie
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

And now we hear that the stimulus cheques issued to the American public will bear the name of Donald Trump

This is just another example of a man who seeks power no matter the cost to others

Many of those idiots in the USA will actually believe he personally is helping them out...you would never get away with this in our country

The Treasury Department has ordered President Trump’s name be printed on stimulus checks the Internal Revenue Service is rushing to send to tens of millions of Americans, a process that could slow their delivery by a few days, senior IRS officials said.

The unprecedented decision, finalized late Monday, means that when recipients open the $1,200 paper checks the IRS is scheduled to begin sending to 70 million Americans in coming days, “President Donald J. Trump” will appear on the left side of the payment.

It will be the first time a president’s name appears on an IRS disbursement, whether a routine refund or one of the handful of checks the government has issued to taxpayers in recent decades either to stimulate a down economy or share the dividends of a strong one. 

Thankfully I won't receive a paper check with his name on it, as I got my money directly deposited in my bank account today. Cheers Donald (ya trumpet).

40 minutes ago, Rodger Mellie said:

Thankfully I won't receive a paper check with his name on it, as I got my money directly deposited in my bank account today. Cheers Donald (ya trumpet).

Check your bank statement details to see where it says the transfer came from. ;)

"Transfer from: Donald Trump (vote for me!), US Treasury".

10 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Check your bank statement details to see where it says the transfer came from. ;)

"Transfer from: Donald Trump (vote for me or i take it back!), US Treasury".

ftfy

Rodger Mellie
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

"Transfer from: Donald Trump (vote for me!), US Treasury".

Just did a quick check - was sent from IRS Treasury. Bit of a let down tbh!

'

Just now, Rodger Mellie said:

Just did a quick check - was sent from IRS Treasury. Bit of a let down tbh!

'

You're probably marked as a "lost cause Commie" in their database. They know that mentioning Trump on your bank statement would only make you hate him more. They're smart. ;)

3 hours ago, JackLadd said:

No surprise he is trying to fool the stupid again, but you can bet the insane crook will be writing the biggest check out to himself to save his ailing crime family. He can get away with anything as we know.  

That will be about +75% of America then.

23 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

That will be about +75% of America then.

Yep, Trump himself being one of the dumbest and most disturbed.

Rodger Mellie
44 minutes ago, redjambo said:

You're probably marked as a "lost cause Commie" in their database. They know that mentioning Trump on your bank statement would only make you hate him more. They're smart. ;)

I hope they don't know I'm a Commie otherwise my US Citizenship application is getting black-balled 😀

Watching the briefing just now.

Don't give 1 **** about America.  Same as their "leaders"

**** them.

A hard reset would probably do them good.

15 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Image may contain: possible text that says 'In fairness, Trump's name should also be printed on thousands of death certificates.'

Fair shout.

I was going to suggest that it would be good to see it on just one but I won't because that would be not a nice thing to say. :whistling:

He must have had a very bad night, his normal beautiful orange or blond hair seemed to be grey this afternoon. The stress is getting to him, or mebbe being so young he just wanted to look older.

The Real Maroonblood
58 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Michigan yesterday 

lockdown-1586976929.jpg?resize=980:*

EVsczuaU0AAP0cF?format=jpg&name=medium

WHAT ARE THEY DOING :rofl:

What a weird country the USA is.

3 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Michigan yesterday 

lockdown-1586976929.jpg?resize=980:*

EVsczuaU0AAP0cF?format=jpg&name=medium

WHAT ARE THEY DOING :rofl:

Saw that this morning. 

Michigone.....

Is anyone really surprised at this display, Charlottesville was Trumps opportunity to tell the people its alright we are with you we just have to be limited in our agreement.. Watch the election results in November, if Trump does not win will he accept defeat and just move over, or could it possibly happen that individuals such as those oppose a change of leadership. He has a stacked Supreme Court, he has a stacked Senate, he is stacking as far as he can all the positions of leadership Secretaries etc with people who agree with him. Who or what is there really to stop him from becoming a takeover President for life. The military they will be fully occupied being prepared to face an angry Chinese who even now he is criticising and blaming for things like the Virus. He is directly being accusatory of the Chinese in his withdrawal of funds from WHO. He is not wrong in the Virus case, China have been at the least dilatory, but there is a time and place, and even an opponent that you have to consider is this the best time, place and person to prove how tough you are.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)