• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

J.T.F.Robertson
33 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I've never watched a whole DT press conference before, only picked up soundbites

This defies belief, it really does,

Folks are dying and he's using it as as part of an election campaign

No feckin shame

Or anything else redeeming, for that matter.

"The authority of the POTS is total" - even if he is a deranged, detached-from-reality, ****ing lunatic and yet his myriad of Republican lackeys continue to do their impression of the three wise monkeys.

HTF can Pence stand there every day and listen to these rantings and not want to drag the moron bodily off the stage. (that's rhetorical)

It could be, right enough, his profound religious beliefs forbid the use of any violence yet allow for every other putrid character defect, and they are legion, (he should recognise that term) his blatantly unbalanced boss is in possession of.

A plague on the arsehole's hoose.

Dagger Is Back
2 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Or anything else redeeming, for that matter.

"The authority of the POTS is total" - even if he is a deranged, detached-from-reality, ****ing lunatic and yet his myriad of Republican lackeys continue to do their impression of the three wise monkeys.

HTF can Pence stand there every day and listen to these rantings and not want to drag the moron bodily off the stage. (that's rhetorical)

It could be, right enough, his profound religious beliefs forbid the use of any violence yet allow for every other putrid character defect, and they are legion, (he should recognise that term) his blatantly unbalanced boss is in possession of.

A plague on the arsehole's hoose.

Amen

I watched a pretty good part of the briefing, his response to the young female reporter was classic , it was an I am having a breakdown action. His only argument was to all her questions fake, and comment about her employers ratings.

The thing I have seen is as he gets more panicked which evolves into anger he gets beads of sweat under his nose between that and his upper lip. I am surprised none of his staff have advised him of this, but he has to be careful what he does so that he does not remove any make up or tan cream and show an uncovered contrasting white area to the rest of his cosmetically enhanced appearance.

In a perverse way I feel sorry for Pence who has to do his Vice Presidential duty and show support for the President, his hesitation at times to formulate his answers, and present them show his complete discomfort with the task. When he retires and writes his memoirs it will be quite a read.

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

So you're voted for Trump one way or another, now.

I mean, it's either the racist war criminal rapist, or the other one. :facepalm:

Just now, Justin Z said:

I mean, it's either the racist war criminal rapist, or the other one. :facepalm:

I don't know anything about Biden other than Obama. Is he a deviant aswell, JZ? 

SpruceBringsteen
30 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

You missed out that they've also both got the cognitive abilities of a shoe. :facepalm:

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Drop a dome on the country until they sort their shit out. 

Tucker Carlson is a particularly special individual.

EVgaQ3YXsAAlHf_?format=jpg&name=small

no economists or public health experts, trump has denied appointing his daughter and son in law to the team tasked with getting america open again

Auld Reekin'

BizarroWorld: being accused of being "fake" by a serial and compulsive liar with monstrous delusions of adequacy, fake hair, and a fake tan...

Edited by Auld Reekin'

9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I don't know anything about Biden other than Obama. Is he a deviant aswell, JZ? 

One sexual assault allegation, and about a dozen DOCUMENTED ON TAPE instances of him being exceptionally inappropriate towards women and girls as young as like 8 years old.

It's hard to give you a lot of background politically on why he's a terrible candidate and basically no different than Trump in a litany of ways, because it'll be things like attacking Anita Hill, the accuser who gave testimony to Congress during the confirmation hearing of Clarence Thomas that included things like him putting pubic hairs on her can of cola. Biden publicly went after her, shamed her, then voted in favour of his confirmation.

He also voted for the other worst Supreme Court justice in history, Antonin Scalia.

He penned and went out of his way to get his name put on a crime bill in the 90s that led to mass incarceration of Black people for nonviolent crimes--probably the worst piece of racial injustice in legislative form since the 60s.

Voted in favour of Iraq. Against every single progressive policy championed by Bernie Sanders. Showing clear cognitive decline where he loses his words even worse than Trump does.

And of course, backed by billionaire donors whose bidding he will feel obligated to honour.

I dunno, there's so much more, that's just a start.

SwindonJambo
1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

One sexual assault allegation, and about a dozen DOCUMENTED ON TAPE instances of him being exceptionally inappropriate towards women and girls as young as like 8 years old.

It's hard to give you a lot of background politically on why he's a terrible candidate and basically no different than Trump in a litany of ways, because it'll be things like attacking Anita Hill, the accuser who gave testimony to Congress during the confirmation hearing of Clarence Thomas that included things like him putting pubic hairs on her can of cola. Biden publicly went after her, shamed her, then voted in favour of his confirmation.

He also voted for the other worst Supreme Court justice in history, Antonin Scalia.

He penned and went out of his way to get his name put on a crime bill in the 90s that led to mass incarceration of Black people for nonviolent crimes--probably the worst piece of racial injustice in legislative form since the 60s.

Voted in favour of Iraq. Against every single progressive policy championed by Bernie Sanders. Showing clear cognitive decline where he loses his words even worse than Trump does.

And of course, backed by billionaire donors whose bidding he will feel obligated to honour.

Bloody hell!

What is about the US Presidency that attracts such awful candidates? I'm not surprised you want to leave. 

It sounds like both are as bad as one another and it will all come down to which one is better at personally abusing the other. If Biden can get a credible running mate, then he has a chance. I'd still prefer Biden because I'm sick to the back teeth of Trump but he sounds like little to no improvement.

2 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Bloody hell!

What is about the US Presidency that attracts such awful candidates? I'm not surprised you want to leave. 

It sounds like both are as bad as one another and it will all come down to which one is better at personally abusing the other. If Biden can get a credible running mate, then he has a chance. I'd still prefer Biden because I'm sick to the back teeth of Trump but he sounds like little to no improvement.

We're not much better off here....

3 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

My position now is basically this, with the added stance that electing people like Biden for the last 30 years is how we got to Trump in the first place. So why would we want to go back to a "normal" like that?

Burn it all to the ground.

qsvRs6.gif

Edited by Justin Z

SwindonJambo
1 minute ago, The Brow said:

We're not much better off here....

While we're far from good, we're a lot better than that. While Boris is clearly a right dirty bugger, all his liaisons seem to have been consensual with no hint of harassment we know of. 

I really don't like Boris but I'd take him over Trump (or Biden) in the sense that I'd rather drink my own piss than eat my own shit.

2 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

I really don't like Boris but I'd take him over Trump (or Biden) in the sense that I'd rather drink my own piss than eat my own shit.

Now add this to that feeling

Image may contain: 1 person, text

3 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

My position now is basically this, with the added stance that electing people like Biden for the last 30 years is how we got to Trump in the first place. So why would we want to go back to a "normal" like that?

Burn it all to the ground.

qsvRs6.gif

Trump is burning it to the ground. You got what you wanted - chaos, incompetence, vacuum of responsibility and leadership and assertions of total power. You are weeks away from food riots and anarchy.

3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Trump is burning it to the ground. You got what you wanted - chaos, incompetence, vacuum of responsibility and leadership and assertions of total power. You are weeks away from food riots and anarchy.

Who, exactly, are you referencing here when you say " 'You' got what you wanted"?

26 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Who, exactly, are you referencing here when you say " 'You' got what you wanted"?

You prefer burning it to the ground than voting for a sane potus. You have got what you wanted then. Everything Trump touches dies.

9 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

You prefer burning it to the ground than voting for a sane potus. You have got what you wanted then. Everything Trump touches dies.

Unless you have some power of clairvoyance about the future we're all unaware of, I'm afraid I have to inform you that I held my nose in 2016 and voted for Hillary Clinton.

Now after being told for the last four years that it's my fault as a Sanders supporter that Clinton, who ran the worst campaign against the worst opponent in modern history, lost, and with exactly zero lessons learned from that debacle because the Democratic establishment would rather play the blame game than meet the people like me they continue to gaslight in the middle, I'd say the prospects of me voting for anyone but a third party candidate are looking pretty poor.

Open to being swayed by the corporate Dems on the issue of whether that's in the best interests of the country or not. They're not showing any signs of outreach at this point.

Again: voting for "sane" candidates (that drone bomb children, support endless wars, don't prosecute wall street criminals, and are well right of centre themselves) is what got us to Trump. Not being willing to vote for a candidate who would continue to perpetuate that is hardly unreasonable.

32 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Unless you have some power of clairvoyance about the future we're all unaware of, I'm afraid I have to inform you that I held my nose in 2016 and voted for Hillary Clinton.

Now after being told for the last four years that it's my fault as a Sanders supporter that Clinton, who ran the worst campaign against the worst opponent in modern history, lost, and with exactly zero lessons learned from that debacle because the Democratic establishment would rather play the blame game than meet the people like me they continue to gaslight in the middle, I'd say the prospects of me voting for anyone but a third party candidate are looking pretty poor.

Open to being swayed by the corporate Dems on the issue of whether that's in the best interests of the country or not. They're not showing any signs of outreach at this point.

Again: voting for "sane" candidates (that drone bomb children, support endless wars, don't prosecute wall street criminals, and are well right of centre themselves) is what got us to Trump. Not being willing to vote for a candidate who would continue to perpetuate that is hardly unreasonable.

I am a long way from a Sanders fan, and am not sold on Biden, so I have both sorrow and sympathy for you in your quandary where to place the valued x of a Presidential vote. After the 2016 election and although it took the Electoral College to elect Trump I thought throughout that Hillary was the least appealing of all possible Democrat candidates. I was sure that the Democrats would use the four years to find and promote a new strong candidate, fail, fail ,fail. I spent a considerable part of my young life trying to achieve my ambition of living in and becoming an American. I begged an aunt who was there to sponsor me, didn't happen, on completing my military service I thought I could possibly get in by entering the military, was advised because of my enlistment that included five years on the British army reserve they could not enlist me. For the first time in a long life I am so happy that America rejected me and I instead got the innocence and bliss that is Canada.

19 hours ago, Rudi Skacel said:

His media conference today is classic. Playing a video about the media. 

Is there a link to the actual briefing? I can't seem to find one.

The White Cockade

You really have to wonder about the mentality of the millions of Americans who voted for this imposter

What is wrong with them?

6 hours ago, Justin Z said:

After reading that, America will be in the same situation with November's election as they were with the 2016 election ... two really flawed candidates.  Hold you nose and pick which one you think is the least odious.

Tough decision.  I can only hope that Biden has reformed over the last couple of years.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

You really have to wonder about the mentality of the millions of Americans who voted for this imposter

What is wrong with them?

Mentally ill as well.

SwindonJambo
49 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

After reading that, America will be in the same situation with November's election as they were with the 2016 election ... two really flawed candidates.  Hold you nose and pick which one you think is the least odious.

Tough decision.  I can only hope that Biden has reformed over the last couple of years.

His choice of running mate could be a decisive factor. Biden’s not the healthiest and there’s a good chance his Vice President will succeed him whilst in office if elected. Then again the same could be said for Trump, though in his case we know that will be Holy Roller Pence.

8 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Seemingly he's going to cut off funding for the WHO. What a totally thick arsewipe of a feeble excuse for a man.

That dangerous idiocy will seriously hinder virus relief, especially to poorer countries. Trump needs a scapegoat for his two months of "it's a hoax and it'll vanish like a miracle".

Rudi Skacel
5 hours ago, EH11_2NL said:

Is there a link to the actual briefing? I can't seem to find one.

Can just search on youtube. Many outlets stream it live so you are able to watch back easily

SwindonJambo

It beggars belief that this worthless degenerate delusional odious shite is the bookies' favourite to be re-elected in November. If it happens he'll be even more unbearable.

Weakened Offender
7 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

That is both :D & :( simultaneously...

Read an interview given by the lassie in that meme. Her life has been made hell since. Quite a sad read. 

Weakened Offender
3 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

It beggars belief that this worthless degenerate delusional odious shite is the bookies' favourite to be re-elected in November. If it happens he'll be even more unbearable.

Same reason people keep voting the Tories in down south, really. Odious thick-as-shit rednecks. 

Trump is merely continuing a trend that was begun literally on day one of his administration, the inauguration day crowds. Which were claimed to be bigger than those for the inauguration of Obama. Pictures from those inauguration days, Obama's on the left Trump on the right.

dc-Cover-l4ftr61l2mlkjkf8bmcf6a8g15-2017

So how to explain that blatant lie? Well it's not a lie at all. It's "Alternative facts"

CavySlaveJambo

Planning on Opening the country on May 1st. Luckily there are currently 50 people in the way of that at the moment. 

SwindonJambo
14 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Same reason people keep voting the Tories in down south, really. Odious thick-as-shit rednecks. 

I've lived down South for nearly 40 years and it's far from the case. I would describe relatively few people down here as thick rednecks and those I would either don't vote at all or vote for the likes of UKIP or the Brexit Party. There are lots of affluent people in rural areas who vote Tory habitually. Labour under Corbyn were an absolute shambles and they took a hiding in Swindon's 2 seats, which they held from 1997-2010.

I am hoping that Keir Starmer can get them into shape and forge some sort of recovery.

I dislike Boris and his party but I'd certainly rather have him than Trump.

Edited by SwindonJambo

I P Knightley

He just said, "nobody ever thought that this could happen" to explain why the "cupboard was bare" regarding testing equipment etc.

Brushing past (with ease) the fact that Obama is on record only 5 or so years ago saying this could very possibly happen and setting up the unit to counter pandemics, the one that Trump shut down.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)