Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

And right on cue, the Republicans are putting the blame on the Democrats and the impeachment process.  It's enough to make you weep.  McConnell believes that American politicians can't process two thoughts at the same time.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcconnell-says-trump-impeachment-trial-distracted-federal-government-as-coronavirus-entered-us

The Republicans apparently have never heard of Occam's Razor.  Cut away the bullshit, and the answer is that Trump is a self-absorbed clown, unfit for the office he holds, and his incompetence will cost many American lives.  America will be the hardest hit nation on the planet, and it's all happening on Trump's watch.

tbf most of them seem to struggle with even one thought at a time

3 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Trump himself actually blew this up almost instantly, @Maple Leaf. Because indeed, he is the self-absorbed clown.

Image may contain: possible text that says 'Asha Rangappa @AshaRangappa_ 10h The obliterate McConnell's claim that impeachment Trump for "Is it true weren't able to govern the country for months?" Trump won't be to yes he'll brag that he was amazing and doing things better than ever 9.2K 1K Asha Rangappa rest my case. 33.4K @AshaRangappa_. 1h Andrew Egger @EggerDC. 1h Trump asked whether having to deal with impeachment in January made it hard for him to respond well early to coronavirus threat. "I don't think would been impeached. think that's great tribute to something, maybe to me." 272 1.5K'

He’s almost beyond parody because he is a parody

The US is going to suffer big time for a number of reasons. First of all they have an idiot narcissist running the show who actually asked why he should help any states who don't shower him with praise. Think about that.

Say  Boris Johnson steps into a press conference, basically says f*%# Scotland, they don't say nice things about me. In Trump land only those people in the nation who pretend he's a genius doing a great job get help in an unprecedented  crisis? Not all citizens? It's bizarre.

A man who said this just yesterday.

"A lot of people were saying think of it as the flu, but it's not the flu," he said. "It's vicious."

A lot of people? Like him? Just last week.

"We lose thousands of people a year to the flu," he said then. "We never turn the country off."

Also this is a nation that's unlike the UK as an example in a major way. Everyone in the UK has access to health care. Tens of millions in the US have no access to a GP far less hospital care. They're going to be out there facilitating the spread.

Then there's over 10 million illegals who wont report symptoms because if they do they're likely to be arrested and deported. Tack on the fact that the Trumpet is currently resisting even a UK style lock-down and talking of getting everyone back to work in a couple weeks and you're looking at a potential disaster within a disaster.

If he says up to 200,000 may die I immediately think well that has to be a lie. The real number has to be much higher.

Rodger Mellie
14 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

The US is going to suffer big time for a number of reasons. First of all they have an idiot narcissist running the show who actually asked why he should help any states who don't shower him with praise. Think about that.

Say  Boris Johnson steps into a press conference, basically says f*%# Scotland, they don't say nice things about me. In Trump land only those people in the nation who pretend he's a genius doing a great job get help in an unprecedented  crisis? Not all citizens? It's bizarre.

A man who said this just yesterday.

A lot of people? Like him? Just last week.

Also this is a nation that's unlike the UK as an example in a major way. Everyone in the UK has access to health care. Tens of millions in the US have no access to a GP far less hospital care. They're going to be out there facilitating the spread.

Then there's over 10 million illegals who wont report symptoms because if they do they're likely to be arrested and deported. Tack on the fact that the Trumpet is currently resisting even a UK style lock-down and talking of getting everyone back to work in a couple weeks and you're looking at a potential disaster within a disaster.

If he says up to 200,000 may die I immediately think well that has to be a lie. The real number has to be much higher.

I agree, the US has a big problem with uninsured citizens/residents and undocumented migrants having no access to health care. the government should announce a temporary amnesty on the deportation of undocumented migrants during this crisis. Furthermore, hospitals should also treat uninsured or undocumented patients. The hospital I work at in Connecticut treats patients regardless of insurance status. Hopefully other hospitals will follow suit and put people before profit.

One main risk I can see that could very well be realised due to this idiot in charge is if most countries control infection and come out of lock down but the president lets US restrictions lift too early, we will see a second wave of infections as people travel to and from the US.  Trump has been too slow to admit this is a problem the US need to deal with. 

very much a possibility. Though I see the UK in some state of emergency until September 

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

One main risk I can see that could very well be realised due to this idiot in charge is if most countries control infection and come out of lock down but the president lets US restrictions lift too early, we will see a second wave of infections as people travel to and from the US.  Trump has been too slow to admit this is a problem the US need to deal with. 

very much a possibility. Though I see the UK in some state of emergency until September 

The 3 week lockdown will be extended that I have no doubt.

4 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The 3 week lockdown will be extended that I have no doubt.

for sure - this could need much longer but does Trump have the patience for that?

Edited by DarthVodka

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, DarthVodka said:

for sure - this could need much longer but does Trump have the patience for that?

I doubt he will.

Jambo-Jimbo
10 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

How can this guys approval rating be going up? Just don’t understand it 

America.........................I rest my case M'Lud.

Gun dealers deemed 'essential business' by NRA puppet Drumpf and kept open. If you can't afford to eat, make sure you have enough ammo to solve the problem.

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Gun dealers deemed 'essential business' by NRA puppet Drumpf and kept open. If you can't afford to eat, make sure you have enough ammo to solve the problem.

The current America is like a neighbour you have, who you see doing things that make you build a 6ft fence between your respective properties, so you can try to forget they are there.

Then you hope they decide to sell up soon, and a more sensible neighbour moves in.

It is reported that Dr Fauci is now getting round-the-clock security protection. 

Some fervent right-wing folks in the USA are upset with him.  Trump wanted to open up the country by Easter, remember, and Fauci stated in public that the country should remain under the current restrictive guidelines until data shows the outbreak coming under control.

Even mild contradiction of Trump is not to be tolerated, it seems. 

Craig Gordons Gloves
7 hours ago, JackLadd said:

I've a friend who works for a company that has a large ammunition business as well as a large weapon business ( he works in a completely different division).  He made the point that if you're going to spend $500 on ammunition to protect your family you'd be better off taking that $500 and spending it on foodbanks.  Which is a fair point.

Overall, i'm just delighted that State Governors in the main have been the ones taking action and being sensible here.  Obviously with the exception of the governors of the shit kicking states in the south, the majority have taken lead on what should happen -which has been sorely lacking from the WH.  It's not even divided amongst party - the OH Governor (Republican) has been on this from the start as has the Dem governor of CA and in both states the spread has been slower. While Cuomo has been showing leadership in NY, it;s not been tight enough (not withstanding the difficulties of managing a population like NYC). 

On 01/04/2020 at 16:40, JFK-1 said:

I'm hoping the opposite. He is saying up to 200,000 may die so that, when only!! 150,000 die he will declare himself the man who saved 50,000 American lives

200,000 is perfectly in line with what is within reasonable worst case scenarios in the UK and Europe.     They'll be doing well to limit numbers well below 200k.

Craig Gordons Gloves
2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I'm hoping the opposite. He is saying up to 200,000 may die so that, when only!! 150,000 die he will declare himself the man who saved 50,000 American lives

That is exactly what is going on - he's following the Ryanair principle - if one of our planes is on time eventually we can claim that we're always on time. 

"We would have been fine if it weren't for reinfection by the Europeans who didn't handle the crisis properly at all". Nap.

Jambo-Jimbo
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

"We would have been fine if it weren't for reinfection by the Europeans who didn't handle the crisis properly at all". Nap.

First infection by the Chinese and then reinfected by people from somewhere like Andorra.

Well he can't blame the Italians, Spanish or the French as he'd upset large ethnic communities and probably lose votes.

So he'll blame somewhere like Andorra and paint it as a pariah state, 99% of his voters would never have heard of it far less be able to find it on a map.

17 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Ironically Andorra plans to antibody test it's entire population.

they only have circa 77k population, for us it is what 65/70 M

Just now, milky_26 said:

they only have circa 77k population, for us it is what 65/70 M

I know.   I only mentioned it because Andorra was mentioned.

Jambo-Jimbo
23 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Ironically Andorra plans to antibody test it's entire population.

Well in that case, Trump will say, they're doing wonderful things in Andorra................Andorra I know it well, nobody knows more about Andorra then me, beautiful country, we're going to build a beautiful naval base there, I really like South America, I really do, doing wonderful things down there..........great country.

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Well in that case, Trump will say, they're doing wonderful things in Andorra................Andorra I know it well, nobody knows more about Andorra then me, beautiful country, we're going to build a beautiful naval base there, I really like South America, I really do, doing wonderful things down there..........great country.

:D

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Andorra la Vella has a population of 12 million, you know.

2 hours ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

I've a friend who works for a company that has a large ammunition business as well as a large weapon business ( he works in a completely different division).  He made the point that if you're going to spend $500 on ammunition to protect your family you'd be better off taking that $500 and spending it on foodbanks.  Which is a fair point.

Overall, i'm just delighted that State Governors in the main have been the ones taking action and being sensible here.  Obviously with the exception of the governors of the shit kicking states in the south, the majority have taken lead on what should happen -which has been sorely lacking from the WH.  It's not even divided amongst party - the OH Governor (Republican) has been on this from the start as has the Dem governor of CA and in both states the spread has been slower. While Cuomo has been showing leadership in NY, it;s not been tight enough (not withstanding the difficulties of managing a population like NYC). 

Not entirely true CGG, Greg Abbott down here was pretty quick to shutdown the major population centers (Houston, DFW and Austin) and put restrictions on social gatherings et al. 

Jambo-Jimbo
8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Andorra la Vella has a population of 12 million, you know.

As much as that, I thought it was 1.023m............................oh wait, that's the elevation.  😄

38 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

As much as that, I thought it was 1.023m............................oh wait, that's the elevation.  😄

:lol:

Trump announcing an order for 100,000 ventilators at the same time as the news strip along the bottom of the screen announces an order for 100,000 body bags.

Apparently tests negative for a second time... Although his team are now 2metres apart and he's left the questions for Mike Pence and wandered off early.

Hmmm

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Apparently tests negative for a second time... Although his team are now 2metres apart and he's left the questions for Mike Pence and wandered off early.

Hmmm

Sadly, he's back and at his meandering best. :(

7 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Sadly, he's back and at his meandering best. :(

Must have needed a cracking shite was gone a good 15mins

13 hours ago, Victorian said:

200,000 is perfectly in line with what is within reasonable worst case scenarios in the UK and Europe.     They'll be doing well to limit numbers well below 200k.

Was talking about this last night. I can’t see them keeping down to those numbers. The way they live in those big cities over there it’s hard to see anything other than a complete disaster. On the politics side, could Trump survive 750, 000 American deaths? Will they hide deaths like China likely did?

43 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Was talking about this last night. I can’t see them keeping down to those numbers. The way they live in those big cities over there it’s hard to see anything other than a complete disaster. On the politics side, could Trump survive 750, 000 American deaths? Will they hide deaths like China likely did?

I don't think China lied. They didn't feck about, they dealt with it. Severely! Which would be funny to watch with the greetin faced 'You can't do that' brigade over here. 2m rule, what's Chinese for :Aye:

34 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I don't think China lied. They didn't feck about, they dealt with it. Severely! Which would be funny to watch with the greetin faced 'You can't do that' brigade over here. 2m rule, what's Chinese for :Aye:

I think they did deal with it severely. Not convinced by their numbers though but there’s so much info, basically bordering on propaganda, it’s hard to know what to think. 

Edited by GinRummy

31 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Every other indicator and statistic shows the death rate tracking a mile above China's figures.  Given they have a poorer healthcare system than most, greater population density, and less money there is not a hope in hell that they've reported the right figures.  If you graph it and add 00 to the end of their results then it's probably closer to the truth.  

Also after 30th Jan there was almost zero reports from front line in China other than propaganda.

Before that we were getting stuff from front line showing pretty much what's happened in Italy.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)