Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, redjambo said:

That is a common tradition after signing a bill.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signing_ceremony

My “good grief” was in response to the idea that having your stooges standing shoulder-to-shoulder in the current circumstances and then potentially passing on your infection to them by handing out pens could in any way be viewed as appropriate behaviour.

1 minute ago, leginten said:

My “good grief” was in response to the idea that having your stooges standing shoulder-to-shoulder in the current circumstances and then potentially passing on your infection to them by handing out pens could in any way be viewed as appropriate behaviour.

Gotcha. :thumb:

:D By that, I mean that I understand you, not that I was trolling you.

Edited by redjambo

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Gotcha. :thumb:

:D By that, I mean that I understand you, not that I was trolling you.

The very thought...

:kirk:

Saw some stuff about he was tweeting and bragging about his ratings thinking wtf, how can his ratings be so considering his incompetence and even a small fall recently within the Republican Party.

But no, bragging about the size of the number viewers watching the daily White House Press conferences.

The Mighty Thor
16 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Just to clarify 

Tune in! 

Reading the comments under his tweets from his followers generally leaves me thinking the planet could do with a clear out. 

It's quite incredible really... this clown, what he writes. Seeking more attention for petty shite than a 5 year old. And he's in charge of a powerful nation in the middle of a pandemic.

Maybe we're all in hell and we're being played by the devil.

17 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Reading the comments under his tweets from his followers generally leaves me thinking the planet could do with a clear out. 

Quite frankly, Covid-19 looks poised to disproportionately affect them. They're refusing to take it seriously and he keeps hinting at "getting back to work". 🤦🏻‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Quite frankly, Covid-19 looks poised to disproportionately affect them. They're refusing to take it seriously and he keeps hinting at "getting back to work". 🤦🏻‍♂️

2A8C401700000578-3162129-Experts_believe

10 minutes ago, kila said:

It's quite incredible really... this clown, what he writes. Seeking more attention for petty shite than a 5 year old. And he's in charge of a powerful nation in the middle of a pandemic.

Maybe we're all in hell and we're being played by the devil.

I'm still pinning my hopes on Trump turning round at the end of his term(s) and telling everyone that he was a troll all along, pointing out in detail how his followers were incredibly stupid to believe the things he said. The people of the US would then make damn sure that they would only elect responsible politicians from then on.

Do you think I should write the screenplay, or would no-one believe the plot?

Despite his incompetence the dick has actually upped his approval rating since the crisis started. $1200 buys you favour. 

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Despite his incompetence the dick has actually upped his approval rating since the crisis started. $1200 buys you favour. 

He's getting a lot of TV time, and there's no such thing as bad publicity if you're a politician.  In addition, people like Pence are bumming him up at every opportunity, also on national television, and the biggest news network in the USA sing his praises non-stop.

Add it all together, and you get an increase in approval rating, despite the tragedy that's unfolding around him.

1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

He's getting a lot of TV time, and there's no such thing as bad publicity if you're a politician.  In addition, people like Pence are bumming him up at every opportunity, also on national television, and the biggest news network in the USA sing his praises non-stop.

Add it all together, and you get an increase in approval rating, despite the tragedy that's unfolding around him.

It's insane but it appears to be the case.

Trapper John McIntyre
1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Bragging about ratings for his bs televised briefings while the dead pile. Wow.

The office of the presidency has been sullied in the past. Nixon, Clinton.

But this guy Trump...oh my word. What a disgrace. The worst President ever.

Jambos_1874
22 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Really enjoyed that! It's easy to laugh at these people due to their extreme stupidity, but collectively they are dangerous.

SpruceBringsteen

One of Trump's big Fox News cheerleaders Jeanine Pirro was broadcasting her show from home last night. Trouble is she co-hosted it with Jose Cuervo. Have to say it looked like tremendous entertainment to me. 

He said, verbatim, what she said in her question, which he then denied.

It's now apparently negative and gotcha journalism to ask the president about something he ****ing said.

Every day you think you couldn't possibly hate him any more, and then, like magic.

Both one of his worst and most hilarious performances so far.

"151 countries, that's incredible. Someone who doesn't normally work in this world said to me they didn't know we had that many countries."

"People are going to be doing drugs like they've never done drugs before."

Edited by Thaw

Talking about voting reforms:

"The things they had in there were crazy. They had things, levels of voting that if you’d ever agreed to it, you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again”

So, he's openly admitting that disenfranchising the poor is deliberate.

:fonzie:

35 minutes ago, gjcc said:

A5A3490E-B89A-4481-8ED3-DC8B8AE53552.jpeg

He actually said "I know more about South Korea than anyone", before he blabbered the 38 million number. Seoul has a population under 10 million.

But his absurd comments don't matter.  He's getting in front of the cameras every day, telling the American people that he's doing a wonderful job, telling the country that he's saving millions of lives, Fox News are blaring the same message, with the result that his elections prospects improve every day.

It's enough to make you weep.

Video primed to start at a point where he's leading up to a description of how a narcissist like Trump is probably one of the most unfit human beings possible to be leading a nation during this historic crisis.

He makes some reflective points from the start of the video.

3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Video primed to start at a point where he's leading up to a description of how a narcissist like Trump is probably one of the most unfit human beings possible to be leading a nation during this historic crisis.

He makes some reflective points from the start of the video.

Video is unavailable. 

7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Video is unavailable. 

Must be a geographical block. I'm in the US. But thanks for alerting me to that. I will look for a way around it. 

Anyone who voted for that absolute weapon should be utterly ashamed of themselves. He’s a ****ing nut job and incredibly dangerous. 

44 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Anyone who voted for that absolute weapon should be utterly ashamed of themselves. He’s a ****ing nut job and incredibly dangerous. 

Americans don't vote in the same way as normal Westerners do. For example if Trump said he likes guns and will encourage people to have an entire armoury at home with no restrictions on stockpiling it which he effectively did say then some will vote for him. No matter what else he may say.

So for these people stockpiling masses of guns is the most important thing in their lives. Economy? Health? Law and order? Who cares. I can build a massive collection of things that go bang. Sales of gund and ammunition are through the roof right now.

Others will vote for someone who says they believe in God and pray every day. No matter what else they say. Entire regions of the South are voting against their own economic and health interests simply because of guns and religion. 

It's a farce but it's the reality. They elected a reality TV host who doesn't even live in reality. It could be no more farcical if they began electing cartoon characters. Homer Simpson would be a good bet.

3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Its ok America, religious nut job has banished Covid 19.

I thought this would be Alex Baldwin taking the piss. :facepalm:

Jambo-Jimbo
14 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Praise be to the lord, we are saved.

Probably be a book & video to follow.

:wonga:               :munny: 

54 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Well thank **** for that! Panic over! Who's up for a celebratory sesh in the boozer? 

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Pass the pen.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Is that Trump in disguise.

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Others will vote for someone who says they believe in God and pray every day. No matter what else they say. Entire regions of the South are voting against their own economic and health interests simply because of guns and religion. 

It's a farce but it's the reality. They elected a reality TV host who doesn't even live in reality. It could be no more farcical if they began electing cartoon characters. Homer Simpson would be a good bet.

I know it's true but seeing it written so starkly makes it seem unbelievable. 

Crackpots.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Is that Trump in disguise.

Far more coherent and I get the impression he actually believes in and worships a God (rather than just himself).

3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

I hope both these ****ers catch it.

The Real Maroonblood
31 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I know it's true but seeing it written so starkly makes it seem unbelievable. 

Crackpots.

Far more coherent and I get the impression he actually believes in and worships a God (rather than just himself).

True.

Bindy Badgy
11 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Must be a geographical block. I'm in the US. But thanks for alerting me to that. I will look for a way around it. 

Browsec, which is a plugin for Chrome, will do the job. There's a million and one other VPNs/proxies that would also work.

1 minute ago, Stokesy said:

Browsec, which is a plugin for Chrome, will do the job. There's a million and one other VPNs/proxies that would also work.

Just put nsfw before youtube on the link.

Works 99% of the time

US officials predict at least 100,000 Americans could die in the coming weeks

That's a conservative estimate even Trump isn't trying to call 'fake news' anymore. Compare to the genius of the Trumpet just two weeks ago.

The coronavirus is not as bad as the seasonal flu. President Donald Trump is not worried about having had direct exposure to the virus.

And if this narcissistic psycho is now saying 100,000 minimum dead you can be confident that's likely to be a massive under estimate. This is a nation where tens of millions can't even see a GP because they have no health insurance far less get hospital care.

The shit is about to hit the fan big time. But look on the bright side, the gun stores are re-opening, 'essential business"

Coronavirus: LA county gun shops to reopen as 'essential' business

And right on cue, the Republicans are putting the blame on the Democrats and the impeachment process.  It's enough to make you weep.  McConnell believes that American politicians can't process two thoughts at the same time.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcconnell-says-trump-impeachment-trial-distracted-federal-government-as-coronavirus-entered-us

The Republicans apparently have never heard of Occam's Razor.  Cut away the bullshit, and the answer is that Trump is a self-absorbed clown, unfit for the office he holds, and his incompetence will cost many American lives.  America will be the hardest hit nation on the planet, and it's all happening on Trump's watch.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)