U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

Dagger Is Back
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

They soon will.

God help us if they do. It will make the Thatcher years look like a walk in the park.

Regardless of what happens, they’re both cheeks of the same arse, so will continue to be mocked loudly and often from this neck of the woods 

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

God help us if they do. It will make the Thatcher years look like a walk in the park.

Regardless of what happens, they’re both cheeks of the same arse, so will continue to be mocked loudly and often from this neck of the woods 

:spoton:

Todays witness at the hearings is going to say that he was one of the people officially listening in to the Ukraine phone call. It is stated that he will say the Trump made threats to the President of Ukraine and sought Quid Pro Quo.

I watched my daily dose of Fox. It was interseting to see Alan Dershowitz who was one of O.J Simpsons team of lawyers stating that the evidence does not qualify as a High Crime. He is now a professor of Law at Harvard, it seems that he would be making a statement that is refuted by most of the other lawyers passing what would be legal opinions. He is a Trump supporter and did participate in some excellent lawyering to get a guilty man acquitted of murder.

So the witness is giving his story, he speaks both languages used in the call so knows excatly what went on. Trump now demeaning him as a Never Trumper on tweets, and stating that the whole truth is in the document he presented as the substance of the call. I suspect he is making his usual error in criticising and insulting a decorated member of the U.S. armed services as he did with John McCain,the evidence is damning, it is presented by an honorable man who has shown his patriotism, so different to Trump, and the only rebuttal the Republicans have is that the process is wrong and unfair to the President.

10 hours ago, bobsharp said:

So the witness is giving his story, he speaks both languages used in the call so knows excatly what went on. Trump now demeaning him as a Never Trumper on tweets, and stating that the whole truth is in the document he presented as the substance of the call. I suspect he is making his usual error in criticising and insulting a decorated member of the U.S. armed services as he did with John McCain,the evidence is damning, it is presented by an honorable man who has shown his patriotism, so different to Trump, and the only rebuttal the Republicans have is that the process is wrong and unfair to the President.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven.  Trump is a rat caught in a trap, and all his snivelling toadies like Lindsey Graham are scrambling to protect him.

Trump is a disgrace to the Presidency and a disgrace to the USA. Again.

56 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

:vrface:

It's almost beyond belief except that, when it comes to Trump's buffoonery, nothing is beyond belief.

Kimmel done a good job there. I am starting to wonder if I have been wrong about Trump, he calls Baghdadi a coward but it must take nerves of steel or something for a man who used a phoney medical of bone spurs to have himself relieved of the duty to go and do service on the battlefield for his Country to call anyone a coward.

Almost certainly he will not be convicted by a pro-Trump Senate, but I hope that the process makes public all the crap that's being going on in secret.

And, hopefully, that will swing enough undecided voters to defeat his re-election attempt.

The witch hunt continues, and the witch is screaming "Fake Nooz".

Every Republican in the House voted against.

None of them are denying any of the allegations against Trump ... the evidence is quite convincing ... but they're concerned about the "tainted process".  

Yeah, let's not worry about possible betrayal of the USA, or possible high crimes and misdemeanours by a nit-wit President, let's focus in on the process.

J.T.F.Robertson
4 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Every Republican in the House voted against.

None of them are denying any of the allegations against Trump ... the evidence is quite convincing ... but they're concerned about the "tainted process".  

Yeah, let's not worry about possible betrayal of the USA, or possible high crimes and misdemeanours by a nit-wit President, let's pretend we're focusing on the process.

:)

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

Party before country.  It's the new Republican way.

Conservative way no matter which side of the Atlantic, innit?

1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

Conservative way no matter which side of the Atlantic, innit?

Could be.  I know nowt about UK politics.

The elected members of the Republican party should not be criticised too harshly. They are like all of us nervous if we think our occupation is at risk. Unfortunately they do not seem cerebreally equipped to realise that the risk to their future is the man they are protecting, the very thing that he will give absolutely no consideration to when things get real tight.

Just watched the news about him backing Boris. In one clip, he's walking down quite a few stairs, without holding Boris' hand. Is he cured?

Edited by ri Alban

10 hours ago, bobsharp said:

The elected members of the Republican party should not be criticised too harshly. They are like all of us nervous if we think our occupation is at risk. Unfortunately they do not seem cerebreally equipped to realise that the risk to their future is the man they are protecting, the very thing that he will give absolutely no consideration to when things get real tight.

Trump has shown no loyalty to anyone yet as far as I have seen.

Probably the opposite.  He chucks people under the bus at the first opportunity.

The open hearings will get very messy.

I P Knightley
8 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Why is the clown dipping into our election? Has nothing to do with the lying crazy sack of shit. 

Can't be true. He's squeaky clean when it comes to foreign interference in elections. The squeakiest and cleanest possibly ever in the world. 

8 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Why is the clown dipping into our election? Has nothing to do with the lying crazy sack of shit. 

He and his supporters have been dipping into the politics here for much longer than just now.

If you think it's just a coincidence Boris has been undermining the basic underpinnings of the system here and trying on government by authoritarian diktat as PM, wellllllll . . .

Wants Farage to be in the next  cabinet and is working with UK officials how it can be facilitated and despite saying overnight no interference with NHS, his reps are briefing US pharmaceuticals how to exploit NHS as part of trade deals.

Well according to an American analyst on Radio Scotland at lunchtime.

Dagger Is Back
6 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Wants Farage to be in the next  cabinet and is working with UK officials how it can be facilitated and despite saying overnight no interference with NHS, his reps are briefing US pharmaceuticals how to exploit NHS as part of trade deals.

Well according to an American analyst on Radio Scotland at lunchtime.

UK sleepwalking into one of the biggest carve up and **** up in our history 

‘It’s like nothing we have come across before’: UK intelligence officials shaken by Trump administration’s requests for help with counter-impeachment inquiry

What. The. ****.

The attorney general is focusing on the theory, aired on far-right conspiracy sites, and raised by Trump and Giuliani, that Ukraine framed Vladimir Putin over the US election in a complex triple-cross operation by impersonating Russian hackers.

. . .

And the information being requested has left allies astonished. One British official with knowledge of Barr’s wish list presented to London commented that “it is like nothing we have come across before, they are basically asking, in quite robust terms, for help in doing a hatchet job on their own intelligence services”.

The UK, in particular, has been viewed by Trump followers, especially far-right conspiracy theorists, as a deep source of woes for the president.

And lots more . . . this article is downright frightening.

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

‘It’s like nothing we have come across before’: UK intelligence officials shaken by Trump administration’s requests for help with counter-impeachment inquiry

What. The. ****.

The attorney general is focusing on the theory, aired on far-right conspiracy sites, and raised by Trump and Giuliani, that Ukraine framed Vladimir Putin over the US election in a complex triple-cross operation by impersonating Russian hackers.

. . .

And the information being requested has left allies astonished. One British official with knowledge of Barr’s wish list presented to London commented that “it is like nothing we have come across before, they are basically asking, in quite robust terms, for help in doing a hatchet job on their own intelligence services”.

The UK, in particular, has been viewed by Trump followers, especially far-right conspiracy theorists, as a deep source of woes for the president.

And lots more . . . this article is downright frightening.

Way back  during the election there was considerable discussion on JKB of course. Either during or just after I was asked " you don't even live in the Country Bob, what do you care.?" well this article explains my concern although I was more concerned about his impact on Canada. The man, Trump, is totally inept, primarily because he has no idea the impact of his actions and no moral fibre to make him care.

I just heard a quick comment on radio that the Saudis are making shares available in their oil industry, apparently this is a first, I wonder if any members of the Trump family will take the opportunity. Certainly would give reason for supplying U.S. troops to guard and provide security for the oilfields.

I may have got Syria and Saudi mixed up but can't seem to erase the post.

Edited by bobsharp

Apparently, Trump is moving his principal residence from NY state to Florida.  He said he's doing it for tax purposes.

191101220347-02-opinion-column-1101-exla

2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Apparently, Trump is moving his principal residence from NY state to Florida.  He said he's doing it for tax purposes.

191101220347-02-opinion-column-1101-exla

He said NY have treated him very badly.

8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

He said NY have treated him very badly.

I know.  They want to see his tax returns because they think he's been evading NY state taxes.

They have a lot of nerve, eh?

Washington Post suggesting Trump was only one who heard Baghdadi whimper, a writer also questions how Trump who has never been in a firefigh can question someones cowardice. It has been suggested that there was no sound on the video. I would be surprised to find that the warrior prince that is Trump would deliberately try to mislead.

22 hours ago, bobsharp said:

I just heard a quick comment on radio that the Saudis are making shares available in their oil industry, apparently this is a first, I wonder if any members of the Trump family will take the opportunity. Certainly would give reason for supplying U.S. troops to guard and provide security for the oilfields.

I may have got Syria and Saudi mixed up but can't seem to erase the post.

It is in fact Saudi that is making investment in their oilfields available.

12 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the baby is threatening to remove federal funding of the california wildfires because he does not like the governor of california

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50284656

In all fairness to President Doofus, last year he told California how to avoid future wildfires.  All they had to do, he said, was rake up all the leaves that were lying around on the forest floor. 

:wtf:

35 minutes ago, Barack said:

Will be an interesting judgement. If they accept to rule on it.

Thats for sure, if they rule in favor of Trump good for Trump but the Court will have to live with their rule forever, and some day it could kick bac k on them if a Democrat like Trump got elected President.

31 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

In all fairness to President Doofus, last year he told California how to avoid future wildfires.  All they had to do, he said, was rake up all the leaves that were lying around on the forest floor. 

Didn't he also mention that Finland doesn't have a problem with forest fires because they rake up all the leaves.

Obviously nothing to do with the 12 feet of snow lying on the ground for 6 months of the year though.

Craig Gordons Gloves
2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

He's right though, every year i spend hours sitting on the mower getting all the leaves mulched up and then blowing them into piles in the woods and we've not had a wildfire yet. :)

6 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

He's right though, every year i spend hours sitting on the mower getting all the leaves mulched up and then blowing them into piles in the woods and we've not had a wildfire yet. :)

See!  And everyone thinks he's daft.  :wink:

30 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

His genius is too great for mere mortals to understand

Luckily god is on the team.  This sort of shit scares me. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)