U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

15 minutes ago, Barack said:

Speaking of said idiot...

Screenshot_20191011-152438_Twitter.jpg

The next appeal either to another DC Court or to the Supreme Court, I would suspect the choice will be the padded Supreme Court.   I look at whats happening in the USA and it is almost like watching a movie where you know the bad guys will lose. This however is real life and suddenly it impacts me that if this man got another four years where will America and the World be. Last night in his Minnesota campaign he jokingly referred to additional terms to at least another fourteen years.. Some how I couldn't laugh at the joke. Fortunately I have reached the stage in life when I only concern myself future wise to the time of my next meal.

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

The next appeal either to another DC Court or to the Supreme Court, I would suspect the choice will be the padded Supreme Court.   I look at whats happening in the USA and it is almost like watching a movie where you know the bad guys will lose. This however is real life and suddenly it impacts me that if this man got another four years where will America and the World be. Last night in his Minnesota campaign he jokingly referred to additional terms to at least another fourteen years.. Some how I couldn't laugh at the joke. Fortunately I have reached the stage in life when I only concern myself future wise to the time of my next meal.

He's looking to change the two terms, so he can sit alongside Putin and the Chinese fella. He'll have to be taken out.

12 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Announcement imminent about 1000,s of extra US troops being sent to Saudi Arabia.

What did the idiot say about foreign wars?

Iran?

A little bit about the former Ambassador to the Ukraine on the news just now, they are quoting her opening statement from the Hearings and she is ripping apart Trump, Pompeo and the system suggesting she had been told they were out to get her from the summer of 2018. Which seems to be around the time Giulianni got involved with Ukraine. Some time ago I suggested it would be a lawyer Avenatti who would bring Trump down, I was wrong I think now it will be Giulianni. When you study his actions they parallel the actions of the old Mafia dons whom he prosecuted so diligently and successfully, and now seems to have changed sides. Sad to see a man of such creditable actions and character sink to the depths  he has.

Edited by bobsharp

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Announcement imminent about 1000,s of extra US troops being sent to Saudi Arabia.

What did the idiot say about foreign wars?

Around about 3000 I'm hearing, that'll bring the number to around about 14,000 extra US troops that's been sent to the Middle East since May, that's May 2019 and that 14,000 is in addition to the 000's which are already stationed in the Middle East.

I'm bringing the troops home he proudly announces to his adoring converts to much cheering and clapping from the said crowd, he however neglects to mention to them that for every soldier he brings home he's sending about 2 or 3 more back over to the same region.

It's all smoke & mirrors.

Craig Gordons Gloves

He claimed that the US have no troops in Syria, which came as news to  the 1000 or so troops that were in Syria.

The clips on twitter of the crowd coming and going to his rally in Minneapolis last night showed a distinct demographic and i'm pretty sure most of them that used uber or taxis while here didn't make the connection between his comments about the large somali population and the fact that their driver was more than likely Somali....

1 hour ago, bobsharp said:

A little bit about the former Ambassador to the Ukraine on the news just now, they are quoting her opening statement from the Hearings and she is ripping apart Trump, Pompeo and the system suggesting she had been told they were out to get her from the summer of 2018. Which seems to be around the time Giulianni got involved with Ukraine. Some time ago I suggested it would be a lawyer Avenatti who would bring Trump down, I was wrong I think now it will be Giulianni. When you study his actions they parallel the actions of the old Mafia dons whom he prosecuted so diligently and successfully, and now seems to have changed sides. Sad to see a man of such creditable actions and character sink to the depths  he has.

And, now there's this. Using Oval Office meetings to try to secure the release from US custody of one of his clients:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50019728

Shirley there must come a point when the average American says enough is enough?

12 minutes ago, trotter said:

And, now there's this. Using Oval Office meetings to try to secure the release from US custody of one of his clients:

Shirley there must come a point when the average American says enough is enough?

I don' think so. 

The message that the liberal elite are bad and have let a large part do the country stagnate has stuck. None of this stuff hits home in middle America. No one in the mid West would need a chair if they saw any of it on their tvs.

3 hours ago, trotter said:

You would think. 

The tipping point for idiocy with Donald Trump was passed long ago, yet he still has roughly the same popularity today as he did a year ago, despite the scandals and despite the anguish coming from the Democrats .  His hard-core of supporters simply don't care what he says or does, or what anyone else says or does. They'll give him their vote next year.

Rodger Mellie
15 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

You would think. 

The tipping point for idiocy with Donald Trump was passed long ago, yet he still has roughly the same popularity today as he did a year ago, despite the scandals and despite the anguish coming from the Democrats .  His hard-core of supporters simply don't care what he says or does, or what anyone else says or does. They'll give him their vote next year.

I agree. I wouldn't just say it's hard-core supporters who will vote for him either. The Republicans I know (not huge Trump fans) say they will vote for him in the next election, if the economy says strong/healthy.

Afternoon news Shep Smith quits Fox disagrees with what is being reported, has been having arguments with Tucker Carlson. Trump seems to be dumping Rudy. When asked a question referred the rporter to Rudy for an answer just like he did with Cohn. And yet people will vote for him.

26 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Afternoon news Shep Smith quits Fox disagrees with what is being reported, has been having arguments with Tucker Carlson. Trump seems to be dumping Rudy. When asked a question referred the rporter to Rudy for an answer just like he did with Cohn. And yet people will vote for him.

America is completely ****ed.

Wait till the Chinese catch up.

Everyone has already seen this week that money talks in the US. 

That's all. 

Money.

The NBA shit themselves

All hail South Park.

The most intelligent President in history seemed to honestly believe that wind fuelled windmills produce no energy when there is no wind. So if you use wind power for your appliances TV etc.you are without until the wind starts again.

An earlier newscast reported that American and Chinese representatives discussing trade had reached some agreement, no actual agreement but frameworks established. Trump in his campaig tonight said that he had reached a deal for 50 billion dollar farm produce  with China, his agents wanted 20 billion but he insisted on the 50.

I have to confess that I have been non complimentary about Ms Pelosis seeming denture problem. However I am not a President, speaking according to him to hundreds of thousands, and he makes an insulting gesture with his hand towards his mouth obviously about her teeth which he to me mimicked her removing or adjusting them.

As usual like tonight and every campaign occasion before the person shouting comments at him was removed, it even happens almost at the same time into his presentation.

His foul tongue was apparent when he referred to the Russian thing as a bullshit hoax.

What must be encouraging to some on here that god ,country and home are his and Americas foundations.

He again ridiculed the F.B.I twosome who were having an affair, and so he should a man who lives by the commandments, except, telling the truth, not commiting adultery, bearing false witness and I am sure for those who practise the same edicts I am sure they can refer to more.

He again for the benefit of the media made the joke about his upcoming future extended Presidencies.

When talking about his fantastic work on the economy he said he gets Premiers, Presidents Kings and Queens, and even some dictators,  saying to him Sir you have a wonderful economy. Just me I am sure but why would they address him as sir.

7 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

You would think. 

The tide has turned, at last. The people are now officially fed up with him.

Opinions have shifted on Trump. Impeachment is now favourable amongst the population.

Trade war with China is beginning to have an effect on the US economy. That's why they've stopped.

Edited by ri Alban

Mac_fae_Gillie
7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

The tide has turned, at last. The people are now officially fed up with him.

Opinions have shifted on Trump. Impeachment is now favourable amongst the population.

Yep in UK taking the piss out of a disabled journalist on campaign trail, but USA so far ahead of us they let him have 3 years as POTUS.

Turned on the TV it happened to be turned on to Fox. Trump is talking to a christian group. The man is unbelievable. He created a story right there about being at Dover Air force Base for the arrival of the coffins of dead soldiers. He got confused or forgot what he had said and repeated himself and contradicted himself.

The he is talking about the Ukraine a calls, and he comments about how he gets calls from Presidents premiers and Kings, and he instructed "my people" that I would take no calls from them for two weeks. He then tells how a king callls and Trump  uses a voice like a dittery old king. The king asks why no calls I have been trying to reach you to tell  you I oppose what you are saying. Trump responds King thats why I didn't call you and hung up. In all my years I don't think I have heard another leader refer in that way to a king.

What I find shocking is this man who refers to god, refers to Christianity is standing in front of them lieing through his teeth, which also look false, and they are clapping to be honest sometimes more in a polite manner than other times with enthusiasm.

1 hour ago, bobsharp said:

Turned on the TV it happened to be turned on to Fox. Trump is talking to a christian group. The man is unbelievable. He created a story right there about being at Dover Air force Base for the arrival of the coffins of dead soldiers. He got confused or forgot what he had said and repeated himself and contradicted himself.

The he is talking about the Ukraine a calls, and he comments about how he gets calls from Presidents premiers and Kings, and he instructed "my people" that I would take no calls from them for two weeks. He then tells how a king callls and Trump  uses a voice like a dittery old king. The king asks why no calls I have been trying to reach you to tell  you I oppose what you are saying. Trump responds King thats why I didn't call you and hung up. In all my years I don't think I have heard another leader refer in that way to a king.

What I find shocking is this man who refers to god, refers to Christianity is standing in front of them lieing through his teeth, which also look false, and they are clapping to be honest sometimes more in a polite manner than other times with enthusiasm.

Bob, don't try to make sense of it. 

He's a reality TV star, a real estate developer, a glib snake-oil salesman who lucked into the presidency through a quirk in the US system called the Electoral College.  He's a foul-mouthed racist and a misogynist. He's totally unfit to be the leader of a modern democracy.

Far from making America great again, he has diminished America's status in the world and yielded America's influence in the Middle East to the Russians.  Thanks to Trump, nobody can trust the American's foreign policy any more.

He's probably broken the law.  He's probably violated the Constitution. 

And he has a very good chance of being re-elected next year.

Go figure.

U.S. forces say Turkey was deliberately ‘bracketing’ American troops with artillery fire in Syria

Turkish forces who launched multiple artillery rounds near a U.S. Special Operations outpost in northeastern Syria on Friday have known for months that Americans were there, according to four current and former U.S. officials, raising questions whether Turkey is trying to push American troops farther from the border.

image.png.3572220cf60b8a6b4dc7416d38807821.png

Edited by Justin Z

As I often do I was ruminating about Donald Trump. It ocurs to me that he wants to set the USA back to the times of Washington et al. He wants though to destroy the democracy that they created, and the system that  that would not allow an autocracy to rule.

Trump consistently now jokes about an extended term as President, he made a very clear comment at the time the Chinese leader was given a President for life vote. Trump now mentions it as a joke at his campaign rallies. He admires and sucks up with the Chinese, Russian, and North Korean dictators he sees himself as the same.

His action in withdrawing U.S. troops from Syria was done if being truly reported against the advice of military  and intelligence advisers. He gets away with his stupidity and verging on criminal acts by a bunch of stooges who are only motivated by their own selfish wish to stay in office which in an election if they stood against Trump could be lost. Of course if succesful the Trump Dynasty would be passed on to his family, what a thought.

I think often  of the WW2 survivor who said when they came for others I said nothing, when they came for me there was no one left to speak.

52 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

His action in withdrawing U.S. troops from Syria was done if being truly reported against the advice of military and intelligence advisers.

Indeed, and this is the result.

image.png.628b32317b5ecb71b55b3837f02577b8.png

Reports that the Syrian Army have joined forces with the Kurds to help repel the Turks.

https://news.sky.com/story/syrian-army-joins-forces-with-kurds-to-repel-turkeys-offensive-11834606

So what we have now is the Russian backed Syrian Army about to engage Turkish troops, and remember Turkey is a member of NATO.

Well done President numbnuts not only do you have blood on your hands, you have just lit the blue torch paper in the Middle East.

Oh and around about 1000 IS supporting men, women & children have managed to escape from their Kurdish camp, don't think they will be the last.

This whole thing could very easily go South very very quickly.

3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Reports that the Syrian Army have joined forces with the Kurds to help repel the Turks.

https://news.sky.com/story/syrian-army-joins-forces-with-kurds-to-repel-turkeys-offensive-11834606

So what we have now is the Russian backed Syrian Army about to engage Turkish troops, and remember Turkey is a member of NATO.

Well done President numbnuts not only do you have blood on your hands, you have just lit the blue torch paper in the Middle East.

Oh and around about 1000 IS supporting men, women & children have managed to escape from their Kurdish camp, don't think they will be the last.

This whole thing could very easily go South very very quickly.

The man is an ignoramus and as thick as shit in a bottle. He's also deeply dangerous. In fact I can't think of a single remotely positive adjective to describe him. The sooner he is removed from office, the better.

One day he didn't know if Rudy was still his lawyer, next day Rudy is fantastic and they had lunch. Despite my criticisms of Rudy as he is these days there must still be a spark of the old crime fighter left and he probably has advised Herr Donald that if he backs of his support Rudy will tell the whole story, and get immunity.

SectionDJambo

This situation in Syria has the potential to eclipse any other mess left behind by western powers, and the US in particular. 

On the brink of clearing up ISIS, Trump creates a situation whereby their fanatics can escape and, probably, regroup. The Kurds now feel they have been betrayed and are joining up with the Syrian forces against Turkey. Syria has taken up it's right to defend an invasion by another country, that country being a member of NATO.

So the lessons of Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq, as well as others, have been ignored.

The western powers said, after the Holocaust, that they would never allow similar to happen again, but here we are, allowing a persecution of the Kurds by an allied country, not so long after they failed the ethnic people of Yugoslavia by allowing them to suffer genocide.

The world seems to be sitting on a powder keg of conflict and terrorism, which is being, in part, created by the crazy decisions and lack of foresight of the western powers. The Russians and Chinese must be extremely content at the level of opposition they have to deal with. 

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

This situation in Syria has the potential to eclipse any other mess left behind by western powers, and the US in particular. 

On the brink of clearing up ISIS, Trump creates a situation whereby their fanatics can escape and, probably, regroup. The Kurds now feel they have been betrayed and are joining up with the Syrian forces against Turkey. Syria has taken up it's right to defend an invasion by another country, that country being a member of NATO.

So the lessons of Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq, as well as others, have been ignored.

The western powers said, after the Holocaust, that they would never allow similar to happen again, but here we are, allowing a persecution of the Kurds by an allied country, not so long after they failed the ethnic people of Yugoslavia by allowing them to suffer genocide.

The world seems to be sitting on a powder keg of conflict and terrorism, which is being, in part, created by the crazy decisions and lack of foresight of the western powers. The Russians and Chinese must be extremely content at the level of opposition they have to deal with. 

Good summary.

The type of people who need to turn against trump are the type who can never admit they're wrong and are nasty arsewits to start with. It's not looking good for a quick resolution IMO

So.. after a decade of atrocities and genocides by all sidesSyria is now actually in a position where being ‘ruled’ by Assad is now being considered the safest option. Kudos Donald, you've excelled yourself there.

Saw some reports that a video was shown to Trump supporters. It contained I believe cartoon figures of Democrats and Trump non supporters being killed various ways. If true this is frightening.

Yesterday Canadas Prime Minister was ordered by security to wear body armour when making a campaign appearance. Security say they received some serious threats.

The video was the church gunfight scene from Kingsman, with Trump's head stuck over Colin Firth's and the various victims of the battle being replaced with Trump's perceived enemies.

In other news, the recently vacated US bases along the Turkey/Syria border are quickly being occupied by the Russian army.

23 minutes ago, Cade said:

The video was the church gunfight scene from Kingsman, with Trump's head stuck over Colin Firth's and the various victims of the battle being replaced with Trump's perceived enemies.

In other news, the recently vacated US bases along the Turkey/Syria border are quickly being occupied by the Russian army.

I hope Russia go to town on Turkey.

53 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I hope Russia go to town on Turkey.

And WW3 ensues shortly afterwards, as Turkey is a member of NATO.

In that scenario Scotland would never become Independent as Scotland along with the rest of the World wouldn't exist anymore.

24 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

In that scenario Scotland would never become Independent as Scotland along with the rest of the World wouldn't exist anymore.

So!

31 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I don't see much difference between the cult of Trump and cult of Sturgeon. 

Edited by JackLadd

34 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

All as bad as each other imo.

3 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Since you don't see much difference in these "cults", perhaps you'd be good enough to highlight their similarities.  Thanks.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Since you don't see much difference in these "cults", perhaps you'd be good enough to highlight their similarities.  Thanks.

:lol:

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

Snakeoil sellers with blind followers immune to facts.  

Sturgeon at the Scottish National Party conference this evening, quoting Irish historian Owen Dudley Edwards:

I discovered I had become Scottish long before I arrived here. To be Scottish was to enter the world of Scottish imagination. To be Scots is to be told... that you are welcome and make yourself at home.

Donald Trump in 2015:

When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

Like two peas in a ****ing pod :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)