U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

On 27/09/2019 at 08:18, Smithee said:

This is what I fear. Never underestimate what self serving, awful ***** the Republicans are.

His core support will still vote for him so the GOP aren't really under any pressure except for what their moral compass dictates.

And that means we're relying on the Republicans' ability and willingness to do the right thing and put the law above their own interests. 

Let's not hold our collective breath just yet. 

These expose (sp) have little effect on the republican voter or the party. It was just one snap shot from a quick interview poll the other day but one respondent probably summed up the Trump voter mentality - 'it's left liberal hysteria'

• Replies 32.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Much talk about next week starting Impeachment Hearings and suggestions who will be called. Barr, Pompeo, and others including everyones top choice as their lawyer Rudy Giulliani. I cannot wait to hear what they are going to say about Trump, of course there is a small possiblity that they will not appear, if they do they will say I cannot answer that is Privileged, Lawyer client privilege, cannot answer .

The Dems will go to Court to force testimony and surprisingly a Republican majority Court some of whom Trump appointed will uphold their right to silence.

One lives in hope but having lived in an environment of you know, andI know, but try and prove it.

14 minutes ago, Boab said:

The man is insane. If he was a dog, he would be getting the big jag as we speak. Stop this nonsense.

You have just given me an idea, if Trump was medically stated to have a stress induced because of the allegations he has been subjected to by the big bad Democrats could he resign because of non physchotic medical reasons, have nothing proved against him and be adjudged not fit to answer to any of the crimes he has been alleged to have commited. he is out and could spin that he is still the greatest president there has ever been.

I could stand on fifth avenue and shoot someone and not lose any voters. 

It’s always wise to listen to the words people say. He’ll survive this. 

2020 is all going to be about the economy, stupid. 

21 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

What happened to him? I thought he was a good guy post 9/11. A wee rat barstewart of the highest order, has he become 

Been thinking about this a lot lately--realised how much of what's happening to the US is directly traceable through people and politics back to September 11, 2001. The terrorists have absolutely won; they have made cultist cowards out of a great deal of the electorate.

3 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Been thinking about this a lot lately--realised how much of what's happening to the US is directly traceable through people and politics back to September 11, 2001. The terrorists have absolutely won; they have made cultist cowards out of a great deal of the electorate.

They have. The US and UK need to get a grip, or they'll soon be talking, only to each other.

Edited by ri Alban

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

They have. The US and UK need to get a grip, or they'll soon be talking, only to each other.

And killing themselves.

Just now, ri Alban said:

Slowly!!!

Seeing as the president just tweeted calling for civil war yesterday, the slowness has a real possibility of being ramped up.

1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

Seeing as the president just tweeted calling for civil war yesterday, the slowness has a real possibility of being ramped up.

I didn't see much yesterday. So... "He Fecking Whit?!?!"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-civil-war-tweet-civil-war-2-is-trending-on-twitter-after-trump-suggested-what-might-occur-if-removed-from-office/

"If the Democrats are successful in removing the President from office (which they will never be), it will cause a Civil War like fracture in this Nation from which our Country will never heal," Mr. Trump tweeted, attributing the quote to Jeffress.

8 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-civil-war-tweet-civil-war-2-is-trending-on-twitter-after-trump-suggested-what-might-occur-if-removed-from-office/

"If the Democrats are successful in removing the President from office (which they will never be), it will cause a Civil War like fracture in this Nation from which our Country will never heal," Mr. Trump tweeted, attributing the quote to Jeffress.

And what if he loses the next election?

Just now, ri Alban said:

And what if he loses the next election?

Even before all of this, I thought the US was headed for violence. This has just guaranteed it, whether he's removed from office or loses in 2020.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

What happened to him? I thought he was a good guy post 9/11. A wee rat barstewart of the highest order, has he become 

He’s had multiple brain farts since then.

Impeachment the latest tumble of a tainted and corrupt Democratic dice.  Unable to win at the motion of the voters they perceive now a last chance before 2020 to remove the man that they hate so much from office.

Having failed with undoubted success with their Russian delusional illusion, I expect more of the same. And then probably a landslide 2020 victory for Trump.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, alfajambo said:

Impeachment the latest tumble of a tainted and corrupt Democratic dice.  Unable to win at the motion of the voters they perceive now a last chance before 2020 to remove the man that they hate so much from office.

Having failed with undoubted success with their Russian delusional illusion, I expect more of the same. And then probably a landslide 2020 victory for Trump.

Trump is a raving lunatic.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Just like his supporters. 

Exactly.

Unfortunately we have a similar one running the UK.

49 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Just like his supporters. 

Primarily comprised of people predisposed to cultish behaviour and beliefs without evidence, it's no wonder he holds such sway with them.

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, alfajambo said:

And that gentlemen is the kind of thinking that gets people like Trump elected. A strong Christian believer who supports a man who has breached every commandment of his beloved lord's, who has shown no loyalty to his Country, his wives, his aides in government,his supporters, and every tenet that some of us try to live by. God help us.

2 hours ago, bobsharp said:

And that gentlemen is the kind of thinking that gets people like Trump elected. A strong Christian believer who supports a man who has breached every commandment of his beloved lord's, who has shown no loyalty to his Country, his wives, his aides in government,his supporters, and every tenet that some of us try to live by. God help us.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, bobsharp said:

Alpha and his like don't believe in God. They use it to control and deflect. They're indeed the worst and most vile of any sinner.

If I can steal a wee Frankie Boyle quote for Alpha.

"Jesus would've fecking hated You!"

Edited by ri Alban

8 hours ago, alfajambo said:

"Unable to win at the motion of the voters".  That is incorrect. As you no doubt recall, Clinton got 3 million more votes than Trump, and it was only through an archaic system called the Electoral College that handed Trump the victory.

"Having failed with undoubted success with their Russian delusional illusion". tbh, I'm not sure what "failed with undoubted success" means. It sounds like an oxymoron. If you're referring to the Russian interference in the 2016 election, that's not an illusion. All American intelligence agencies are agreed that the Russians interfered to the benefit of Trump.  It's Trump and his acolytes who refuse to acknowledge the truth.

Don't bet on a Trump landslide victory in 2020. The impeachment exercise will fail because the Republicans in the Senate will circle the wagons to defend their man. But between now and election day, a lot of dirt will be revealed on how Trump operates, and how he and his family are benefiting from his presidency, and how he has broken the law on numerous occasions.  And that will possibly swing enough voters away from Trump to deliver a Democrat victory.

Trump's presidency has been nothing but three years of one scandal after another, while America's stature in the world has diminished ... the very opposite on MAGA.  And that isn't an illusion either.

Kalamazoo Jambo
4 hours ago, bobsharp said:

Yes indeed.

Just watched CNN, they had the normal Breaking News announcement. Some time ago at a Homeland Security discussion on illegal immigration Trump suggested that if any of these people threw stones at any officials the army should shoot them. He was told this was not allowed, so he suggested that they shoot them in the legs, also not allowed. He wanted a wall but outside of the wall he wanted a ditch dug and filled with water, he then wanted snakes or alligators placed in the water. On the new wall he wanted extremely sharp spikes capable of impaling a person. He referred to his previous Homeland Secretary as Honey and Sweetheart in the conversation which was interspersed with obscenities.

Is there one of the Trump apologists who can please assure me that they are sure that this man they support is not mentally damaged.

Edited by bobsharp

27 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Just watched CNN, they had the normal Breaking News announcement. Some time ago at a Homeland Security discussion on illegal immigration Trump suggested that if any of these people threw stones at any officials the army should shoot them. He was told this was not allowed, so he suggested that they shoot them in the legs, also not allowed. He wanted a wall but outside of the wall he wanted a ditch dug and filled with water, he then wanted snakes or alligators placed in the water. On the new wall he wanted extremely sharp spikes capable of impaling a person. He referred to his previous Homeland Secretary as Honey and Sweetheart in the conversation which was interspersed with obscenities.

Is there one of the Trump apologists who can please assure me that they are sure that this man they support is not mentally damaged.

he is turning into a bond villain . i bet his next idea is sharks with lasers on their heads

image.thumb.png.c5a6160ce9933853aa1c7165fa37aa53.png

F*** this c***. There is 100% going to be widespread violence. He knows it and because he's a f***ing sociopath, he doesn't give a f***.

Utterly despicable.

The more he says, the more Trump he is the more people will see what he is and the end will come. I am not sure he is going to last long enough to be Impeached. There are mnore Republicans speaking against him, and his mental condition, read Justin Z's post is declining rapidly. I assessed him as phsychologically troubled, I now listen and watch and I would say insanity is a more honest word.

I don't think much has changed with Trump.  There have been questions about his mental stability going back to his campaign speeches in 2016.  There have been books published since he became President that make it clear that he's not the full shilling.

Another thing that hasn't changed is that the Republicans in the Senate will defend him through thick and thin. Trump is the Republican's best bet for victory in 2020 and they will downplay all his buffoonery, and his crimes, to get him re-elected. 

...a bit disco
5 hours ago, Justin Z said:

image.thumb.png.c5a6160ce9933853aa1c7165fa37aa53.png

F*** this c***. There is 100% going to be widespread violence. He knows it and because he's a f***ing sociopath, he doesn't give a f***.

Utterly despicable.

Indeed.

It's a Moat point though, J.

:biggrin:

The Real Maroonblood
35 minutes ago, jake said:

Tend to stay off this thread.

What ever happened about the Russian collusion stuff?

And was there other things ?

:cornette_dog:

I just watched the press conference with Trump and The Finnish leader.  I have had occasions in life when I have interviewed accused and realised that they were not living in reality. Today I watched a man the President of the United States speak in the same manner. He has no relationship with reality, lies without conscience and is rude beyond help. Even his guest at one point gently rebuked him when he started answering a question that had been posed to he the guest.

Trump has lost all rationale, what I see is a man who frighteningly actually believes some of the things he is saying. I cannot see how it can be assessed by an averagely intelligent person that the President is not ill, his mind has gone and the stress he is under is making it worse. If his loyal followers are truly loyal they would advise him to seek help at the least, and resign and get out of it all at the most. It is a sad time for the people of the United States, also for the World.

11 hours ago, Justin Z said:

image.png.ca7081b20f61b31942cc52f5515b77b9.png

(it's STD in the States, not STI)

STIs and STDs are different things, are far as I am aware. STIs are infections that get passed by sexual contact. If a disease develops as a result of the STI then that is your STD. That may be a modern technical distinction though - when I was younger, everything was just called STDs (and of course, before that, just VD).

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

STIs and STDs are different things, are far as I am aware. STIs are infections that get passed by sexual contact. If a disease develops as a result of the STI then that is your STD. That may be a modern technical distinction though - when I was younger, everything was just called STDs (and of course, before that, just VD).

Let us all Clap at the sign.

11 hours ago, Justin Z said:

image.png.ca7081b20f61b31942cc52f5515b77b9.png

(it's STD in the States, not STI)

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

11 hours ago, bobsharp said:

I just watched the press conference with Trump and The Finnish leader.  I have had occasions in life when I have interviewed accused and realised that they were not living in reality. Today I watched a man the President of the United States speak in the same manner. He has no relationship with reality, lies without conscience and is rude beyond help. Even his guest at one point gently rebuked him when he started answering a question that had been posed to he the guest.

Trump has lost all rationale, what I see is a man who frighteningly actually believes some of the things he is saying. I cannot see how it can be assessed by an averagely intelligent person that the President is not ill, his mind has gone and the stress he is under is making it worse. If his loyal followers are truly loyal they would advise him to seek help at the least, and resign and get out of it all at the most. It is a sad time for the people of the United States, also for the World.

If Trump wasn't POTUS, and that was their father/brother/uncle many would be having a real hard conversation with other relatives, about the mental wellbeing of their loved one, and of how they need help.

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Yeah fair enough, I'm just referring to popular usage of the acronym--noticed STI is common here, where STD is common in the US

All roads lead to Gorgie

Trump is really howling at the moon now, lashing out at everyone. He is a dangerously unstable and is making a mockery of the presidency, a position which should be a thing of pride to all American citizens.

It is up to the Democrats to come up a challenger with no baggage that can wipe the floor with trump and then the world can breathe a sigh of relief and take US politics seriously again.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)