U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

scottishguy
1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

?? STOP ?? SUPPORTING ?? FASCIST ?? RAPIST ?? CRIMINALS ?? WHO ?? RIP ?? FAMILIES ?? APART ?? AND ?? STUFF ?? THEM ?? IN ?? CONCENTRATION ?? CAMPS ?? IF ?? YOU ?? DON'T ?? WANT ?? TO ?? BE ?? CALLED ?? CHILD ?? HATING, ?? FASCIST, ?? OR ?? RACIST, ?? MR ?? "CHRISTIAN"??

?? HATRED ?? OF ?? SUCH ?? HORRIFIC ?? THINGS ?? SUPERSEDES ?? YOUR ?? FAUX ?? MORALITY ??

?? INTOLERANCE ?? OF ?? SUCH ?? ATROCITY ?? WHILE ?? NOT ?? GIVING ?? A ?? TOSS ?? ABOUT ?? THE ?? PERPETRATORS' ?? SELF-ESTEEM ?? OR ?? RESPECT ?? IS ?? THE ?? UNAMBIGUOUSLY ?? MORALLY ?? RIGHT ?? THING ?? TO ?? DO ??

Your suffering from the clap????

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, scottishguy said:

Your suffering from the clap????

Thankfully only the clapback :rofl:

Maple Leaf
3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Parading tanks is a tacky and infantile exercise. The USA has no need to demonstrate its military might which it does often enough in real wars. But anyone who has spent time in America discovers there is a surprising militaristic element of the culture. Go to a show or sports event and there is a fair chance you will hear someone  celebrating "our military and the great job they do", as will be the case if someone turns up in a TV game show in military uniform, which happens quite frequently (although not as frequently as how many of the contestants are "pastors" or are related to such).  Shops, car sale outlets and many more often offer special offers or discounts to the military. Of course a man who has ran away from any risk of military service himself has no right to indulge in this sort of display.

For the first time (I think) but, hopefully, not the last, I'm in complete agreement with one of your posts on this thread.  I wonder if that's why today seems especially bright and sunny! :wink:

The military cheer-leading in the USA comes as a surprise at first.  And is there really such a job as 'pastor'?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
3 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

For the first time (I think) but, hopefully, not the last, I'm in complete agreement with one of your posts on this thread.  I wonder if that's why today seems especially bright and sunny! :wink:

The military cheer-leading in the USA comes as a surprise at first.  And is there really such a job as 'pastor'?

Don't they get first dibs on the donations? 

I have made it fairly clear I thought to anyone who is kind enough to read my ramblings that hate is not a wprd I use or in cases condone. I do not hate Donald Trump, in some ways I have some concern for him in that I honestly believe he is not insane, but that he does indeed have serious physchological problems

. He is again I say a pathological liar, they just come out, he must put shivers through his aides when he leaves the script and ad libs which generally entails lies. He has absolutely no c oncept of loyalty, it has been proven in his three wives where there are tales of infidelity whilst married to all. He appoints, praises and demands loyalty from his appointees, but as in the case of the tragic wee former AG insults him with absolutely no control. He constantly calls on God, from whom he seems to expect  the same constant loyalty, but by his conduct, his actions against other human beings, contradicts and I certainly do not know them all most of the tenets of the Christian belief, but yet I watched a large crowd of fawning evangelicals praise and indeed worship him.

He has now threatened Mueller about his hearing at Congress, he has stated openly that Mueller better stick to the script, not the facts the script. As some have stated this is like Mafiosa Capo talk, again he seems to admire gangster, murdering, individuals, and hold them in esteem just like his unusual high esteem for murderous dictators..

Hate, no I don't hate the man, I have no pity for him,I certainly and want it to be assured have no wish for him to come to physical harm, I am actually more cruel, I want him to be investigated have the unrestricted facts to be revealed about all his illegalities (sins) to be revealed and his public personae to be revealed as the absolute fraud it really is and his historic legacy to be recorded as the worst President ever elec ted in the United States of America.

Maple Leaf
7 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

I have made it fairly clear I thought to anyone who is kind enough to read my ramblings that hate is not a wprd I use or in cases condone. I do not hate Donald Trump, in some ways I have some concern for him in that I honestly believe he is not insane, but that he does indeed have serious physchological problems

. He is again I say a pathological liar, they just come out, he must put shivers through his aides when he leaves the script and ad libs which generally entails lies. He has absolutely no c oncept of loyalty, it has been proven in his three wives where there are tales of infidelity whilst married to all. He appoints, praises and demands loyalty from his appointees, but as in the case of the tragic wee former AG insults him with absolutely no control. He constantly calls on God, from whom he seems to expect  the same constant loyalty, but by his conduct, his actions against other human beings, contradicts and I certainly do not know them all most of the tenets of the Christian belief, but yet I watched a large crowd of fawning evangelicals praise and indeed worship him.

He has now threatened Mueller about his hearing at Congress, he has stated openly that Mueller better stick to the script, not the facts the script. As some have stated this is like Mafiosa Capo talk, again he seems to admire gangster, murdering, individuals, and hold them in esteem just like his unusual high esteem for murderous dictators..

Hate, no I don't hate the man, I have no pity for him,I certainly and want it to be assured have no wish for him to come to physical harm, I am actually more cruel, I want him to be investigated have the unrestricted facts to be revealed about all his illegalities (sins) to be revealed and his public personae to be revealed as the absolute fraud it really is and his historic legacy to be recorded as the worst President ever elec ted in the United States of America.

I've been told by a Christian friend that the Ten Commandments are God's moral laws. Christians are duty-bound to follow them.

By my estimation, and I'm being generous, Donald Trump has broken five of them, and does so on a regular basis. Yet, as you point out, the Evangelicals in the USA overwhelmingly support him. Presumably it's because he has appointed two conservative judges to the SCOTUS. Hypocrisy is the only word to describe this.

37 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

The military cheer-leading in the USA comes as a surprise at first.  

By all accounts the military have a policy that tanks and expensive heavy weight military equipment should not be on the streets of the capital - let alone rolling past the Whitehouse. The imagery of that is quite significant. 

Pretty sure it was discussed on Bill Maher's show this week - the tanks will be on a flatbed truck or stationary and the generals have had to dig in to prevent Trump getting his own way.

Maple Leaf
1 minute ago, Mysterion said:

By all accounts the military have a policy that tanks and expensive heavy weight military equipment should not be on the streets of the capital - let alone rolling past the Whitehouse. The imagery of that is quite significant. 

Pretty sure it was discussed on Bill Maher's show this week - the tanks will be on a flatbed truck or stationary and the generals have had to dig in to prevent Trump getting his own way.

Yes, I read somewhere last year that the treads on tanks would ruin the surface of any streets in DC. Having the tanks paraded past on a flat-bed truck would lesson the imagery, I would think. But it would still give Donald the opportunity to puff out his chest and take the salute as the military might of American rolls past.  Quite an achievement for a draft dodger, huh!

14 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Yes, I read somewhere last year that the treads on tanks would ruin the surface of any streets in DC. Having the tanks paraded past on a flat-bed truck would lesson the imagery, I would think. But it would still give Donald the opportunity to puff out his chest and take the salute as the military might of American rolls past.  Quite an achievement for a draft dodger, huh!

There is also the question of weight there are a couple of places under the Mall that are what I would call cavernous and a heavy vehicle such as a tank could go through the actual road.

10 hours ago, Justin Z said:

?? STOP ?? SUPPORTING ?? FASCIST ?? RAPIST ?? CRIMINALS ?? WHO ?? RIP ?? FAMILIES ?? APART ?? AND ?? STUFF ?? THEM ?? IN ?? CONCENTRATION ?? CAMPS ?? IF ?? YOU ?? DON'T ?? WANT ?? TO ?? BE ?? CALLED ?? CHILD ?? HATING, ?? FASCIST, ?? OR ?? RACIST, ?? MR ?? "CHRISTIAN"??

?? HATRED ?? OF ?? SUCH ?? HORRIFIC ?? THINGS ?? SUPERSEDES ?? YOUR ?? FAUX ?? MORALITY ??

?? INTOLERANCE ?? OF ?? SUCH ?? ATROCITY ?? WHILE ?? NOT ?? GIVING ?? A ?? TOSS ?? ABOUT ?? THE ?? PERPETRATORS'  ?? AND ?? THEIR ?? SUPPORTERS' ?? SELF-ESTEEM ?? OR ?? RESPECT ?? IS ?? THE ?? UNAMBIGUOUSLY ?? MORALLY ?? RIGHT ?? THING ?? TO ?? DO ??

Then you should perhaps look at the system as a whole.

If you really believe that Trump is anything worse than what's went before you should do some "resurch".

American hegemony has sponsored much worse .

As I've said hes the bare face .

54 minutes ago, jake said:

If you really believe that Trump is anything worse than what's went before you should do some "resurch".

Jake as I said on another thread I have witnessed a lot of Presidents, I can honestly say that I have no memory of another one who lied so blatantly. Nixon of course resigned because of lies, Kennedy, Clinton and others were all caught having extra marital affairs, Bush junior I believe was glad for the opportunity to again attack Iraq as I think he felt his father should not have stopped as he did after Gulf war 1. Not many if any have escaped their Presidency without having to inflict death upon others by war primarily, but this man is waging war on children to keep a promise he made about immigration. He made a tweet today about a congressman who quit the Republican party, his words were to say the least terrible, and of a type I am not aware of a President using about another American. There are constant comments on here with the what about, insert a name, but whoever they are they are either long dead, no longer President or never have been President, Trumps misteps, lies, crimes and there are some, are all his, he is President and has to accept that the position opens him and only he to criticism of the President.

Just now, bobsharp said:

Jake as I said on another thread I have witnessed a lot of Presidents, I can honestly say that I have no memory of another one who lied so blatantly. Nixon of course resigned because of lies, Kennedy, Clinton and others were all caught having extra marital affairs, Bush junior I believe was glad for the opportunity to again attack Iraq as I think he felt his father should not have stopped as he did after Gulf war 1. Not many if any have escaped their Presidency without having to inflict death upon others by war primarily, but this man is waging war on children to keep a promise he made about immigration. He made a tweet today about a congressman who quit the Republican party, his words were to say the least terrible, and of a type I am not aware of a President using about another American. There are constant comments on here with the what about, insert a name, but whoever they are they are either long dead, no longer President or never have been President, Trumps misteps, lies, crimes and there are some, are all his, he is President and has to accept that the position opens him and only he to criticism of the President.

He is vulgar Bob of that there is no doubt.

To take the waging war on children that you raise.

It's a horrible business .

Bush senior and junior killed more children with their illegal war on Iraq.

Obama's extra judicial drone bombs who could ever know.

The dismantling of Syria and Lybia ?

The foreign policy of the worlds military has resulted in the death of children since the 60s .

And that's just direct involvement.

The CI A and its use of drug money to further the cause of American hegemony has caused untold casualties even amongst our young.

I'm happy to condemn Trump but imo he is just another puppet president in a long line.

But you know my views Bob.

Maple Leaf
2 hours ago, jake said:

You might be surprised to know that most of us posting on this thread generally agree with you. Many of your points are valid. 

America's actions since WWII make grim reading, and have resulted in countless innocent deaths. There hasn't been a President who is guiltless.

But this thread is about the buffoonish oaf who currently resides in the White House, so that's where my attention has been focused.

According to Donald, or whoever wrote his speech, the American Revolutionary Army of 1775 took over the airports ????

12 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

But this thread is about the buffoonish oaf who currently resides in the White House, so that's where my attention has been focused.

I know.

It just seems that people want to slag off the symptom (trump) and ignore imo where the real power lies.

I will try to leave you all to it.

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

According to Donald, or whoever wrote his speech, the American Revolutionary Army of 1775 took over the airports ????

I heard that but thought I had misheard, either he made the error and added it in or someone writing the speech wanted to make him look stupid. If the latter it worked.

I watched the entire thing, very American we are the greatest, but totally given by the wrong man. The other point he made most inappropriately was to point out to America and tell the youth of the day to join the military, and emphasised with the point andthe statement "do it." This from a man spouting patriotism who when called and his Country really needed him used a false diagnosis of bone spurs to avoid doing his patriotic duty and created for himself an opinion and stated by some that he was a coward.

8 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

I heard that but thought I had misheard, either he made the error and added it in or someone writing the speech wanted to make him look stupid. If the latter it worked.

I watched the entire thing, very American we are the greatest, but totally given by the wrong man. The other point he made most inappropriately was to point out to America and tell the youth of the day to join the military, and emphasised with the point andthe statement "do it." This from a man spouting patriotism who when called and his Country really needed him used a false diagnosis of bone spurs to avoid doing his patriotic duty and created for himself an opinion and stated by some that he was a coward.

I had to listen to it twice to make sure.

There are reports that the whole thing cost 92 million dollars. You could buy a lot of food, drinking water, soap and toothpaste for those stuck in his concentration camps with that money.

Dipshit was also banging on about "the rocket's red glare" in a revolutionary war context...........but that incident was from the war of 1812.

No official transcript has been released as yet, which can only mean they are trying to re-write it to edit out the basic history errors.

What a feckin tube.

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

The ambassador describes the White House as inept, insecure, dysfunctional, divided, incompetent, chaotic, incoherent, self interested.

So no surprises then.

What about the special relationship.

:greggy:

Maple Leaf
10 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What about the special relationship.

:greggy:

Ah yes, that.  Strangely, the only people I ever hear talking about this 'special relationship' are people in the UK.  

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Ah yes, that.  Strangely, the only people I ever hear talking about this 'special relationship' are people in the UK.  

Correct. 

It's a lot of s***e.

46 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

The ambassador describes the White House as inept, insecure, dysfunctional, divided, incompetent, chaotic, incoherent, self interested.

So no surprises then.

Westminster under Boris then too....

On 04/07/2019 at 14:14, Maple Leaf said:

I've been told by a Christian friend that the Ten Commandments are God's moral laws. Christians are duty-bound to follow them.

By my estimation, and I'm being generous, Donald Trump has broken five of them, and does so on a regular basis. Yet, as you point out, the Evangelicals in the USA overwhelmingly support him. Presumably it's because he has appointed two conservative judges to the SCOTUS. Hypocrisy is the only word to describe this.

Only Five!

Maple Leaf
2 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

Only Five!

:biggrin2:

The jury's still out on the other five!

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

So no surprises then.

No surprise also for those of us over here that Trump's lackey Nigel Farage is condemning the US ambassador and saying he should be sacked. 

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No surprise also for those of us over here that Trump's lackey Nigel Farage is condemning the US ambassador and saying he should be sacked. 

One arsehole supporting another arsehole.

Mac_fae_Gillie
18 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

One arsehole supporting another arsehole.

Its the Ambassadors job to give his true opinion to his government only person that should be sacked is the person who leaked the info. Assuming its a civil service bot it does nothing to help the UK in future trade deal.

35 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Farage wants the job .

Or so I've read somewhere.

The Mighty Thor

Interesting developments in the US of A with the arrest of Jeff Epstein.

:interehjrling:

Edited by The Mighty Thor

5 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Interesting developments in the US of A with the arrest of Jeff Epstein.

:interehjrling:

Indeed. He and Trump have always been the best of buddies.

trump1.jpg.13b724db2e8a93511913d022caf30c6f.jpgtrump2.thumb.jpg.4104a6106f7b1c9243810675b3e06cdd.jpg

Trump tweeted a picture of himself with Ronald Reagan and included a quote by Ronald Reagan, the picture and quote together was a complete lie. The picture was genuine but Trump had imposed the quote on it as if it was about him. This is the President of the United States, the man with supposedly the highest level of power in the world, and he is a complete nutter. As one commentator said, Trump has absolutely no shame.

I wonder if any of the named in the big sex case will have any shame when they are mentioned, Trump knew the  millionaire pimp well, said he was a great guy loved fun and beautiful women just like he, Trump. Also commented that a lot of the women were quite young. Seems quite knowledgeable.

On 07/07/2019 at 13:52, Maple Leaf said:

The only special relationship is with Israel.

Trump's a cheeky *******!

This whole thing with the UK ambassador raises more troubling motives than simply being rude about the PotUS!

Who leaked this?  Why?  I'd say more to discredit the UK diplomat, rather than Trump.

So, to quote Cicero, cui bono?  

Boris/Farage etc (despite their different parties they are from the same agenda)  I suspect Boris is being used to allow the likes of Farage to be the real power.

:conspiracy:

Probably...

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Boris said:

Trump's a cheeky *******!

This whole thing with the UK ambassador raises more troubling motives than simply being rude about the PotUS!

Who leaked this?  Why?  I'd say more to discredit the UK diplomat, rather than Trump.

So, to quote Cicero, cui bono?  

Boris/Farage etc (despite their different parties they are from the same agenda)  I suspect Boris is being used to allow the likes of Farage to be the real power.

:conspiracy:

Probably...

I saw Farridge's name being associated with the post of US ambassador when it becomes vacant. There's your conspiracy right there :D

2 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I saw Farridge's name being associated with the post of US ambassador when it becomes vacant. There's your conspiracy right there :D

All part of the plan!

HMG subjegated to Trump!

Maple Leaf
10 minutes ago, Boris said:

All part of the plan!

HMG subjegated to Trump!

Trump now has the UK by the short and curlies. If/when Brexit occurs, the UK will have to forge new trade agreements with the USA. Having bruised Trump's fragile ego, you can expect any negotiations to be difficult, and terms will be favourable to the Americans.

Just now, Maple Leaf said:

Trump now has the UK by the short and curlies. If/when Brexit occurs, the UK will have to forge new trade agreements with the USA. Having bruised Trump's fragile ego, you can expect any negotiations to be difficult, and terms will be favourable to the Americans.

Every single sane country thinks Trump is a total joke, it's hardly anything hot off the press. Boris will no doubt smooth it over with the tweeting golfer.  

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
21 minutes ago, Boris said:

All part of the plan!

HMG subjegated to Trump!

Soon to be led by an American born PM.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Every single sane country thinks Trump is a total joke, it's hardly anything hot off the press. Boris will no doubt smooth it over with the tweeting golfer.  

Whereas Boris Johnson is not a complete joke?

Just now, Boris said:

Whereas Boris Johnson is not a complete joke?

Probably yes, but maybe he's the best guy at handling the micro skinned golfer?  

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Probably yes, but maybe he's the best guy at handling the micro skinned golfer?  

The cynic in me thinks BJ is in Trump's pocket.

But assuming he isn't, BJ will do nothing but be subservient to him.  IMO.

Just now, Boris said:

The cynic in me thinks BJ is in Trump's pocket.

But assuming he isn't, BJ will do nothing but be subservient to him.  IMO.

Best strategy is make him think you're in his pocket, flatter the buffoon enough and he gives you whatever you want. 

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Best strategy is make him think you're in his pocket, flatter the buffoon enough and he gives you whatever you want. 

Trouble is, I don't know which one you are referring to now!

Governor Tarkin
27 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Wouldn't surprise me if it was the Americans that 'leaked' the emails.

Maple Leaf
8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Wouldn't surprise me if it was the Americans that 'leaked' the emails.

Nor me.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)