U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

Remind us all, Donald, 'America first' where does the UK trade deal fit in with this. Surely, going by your previous, you'll try to walk all over them.

Yes,  I'm not really asking him.

Edited by ri Alban

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trump **** off. The Mayor of London may be a stone cold loser but he's our stone cold Loser

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

Trump **** off. The Mayor of London may be a stone cold loser but he's our stone cold Loser

Equally a lot of Americans will think the same about Trump, he's their President and demonstrations against Trump will be viewed by some as demonstrations against America, heard an American commentator say this earlier.

On 01/06/2019 at 15:16, Maple Leaf said:

The Evangelicals do it with such panache though, don't you agree?

It seems at times that politics is just another word for hypocrisy.

I understand to what you refer, however I have no real-life experience of Trumps Evangelical base in the US which allows me to make any value judgement with regard to their political imaginations.

Here in the UK I would say that many people of perhaps similar genre admire Trump’s Precedency, not his reported errant life style choices naturally, but because of media enforcement are reluctant to flag wave.

The best we can hope for is men and women who seek to serve with integrity and justice flawed as they may be.

Aside, there are some posts within this thread that make me laugh (not that any can be worse than my own).

Most Trump de-Banda written in the frame as Hearts fans corresponding about hibs (gargle with antiseptic) penned with natural dislike and froth.

To me DT is more Olympique de Marseille, certainly not HMFC.

Edited by alfajambo

2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Equally a lot of Americans will think the same about Trump, he's their President and demonstrations against Trump will be viewed by some as demonstrations against America, heard an American commentator say this earlier.

If they're happy to defend a racist sex pest then they can **** off as well. Trumps attacks on Khan are directed at his religion, his ability to stop knife crime (Perhaps could do better) and his height. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Khan should tweet him back, quoting run the jewels, and ask if he has, indeed, ****ed his youngest? 

Shanks said no
8 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Khan should tweet him back, quoting run the jewels, and ask if he has, indeed, ****ed his youngest? 

Barron, that’s pretty sick. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Barron, that’s pretty sick. 

It is, but they mean his youngest daughter. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

The ego has landed.

True, Hell Presidente is here for sure.

doctor jambo

ENd of the day, he is the elected representative of the USA.

As such, he is a temporary irritation and will leave when the USA decides.

In the meantime it would be good if everyone could treat him with some courtesy as a GUEST of this country- have we lost all civility?

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

ENd of the day, he is the elected representative of the USA.

As such, he is a temporary irritation and will leave when the USA decides.

In the meantime it would be good if everyone could treat him with some courtesy as a GUEST of this country- have we lost all civility?

Ignoring the cretin is maybe the best option.

doctor jambo
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Quite, you don't need to like him.

There are lots of people I don't like, but I at least attempt to be civil to everyone.

I don't think that courtesy should be beyond us.

I think Khan, corbyn etc are behaving in an entirely rude manner

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, doctor jambo said:

Quite, you don't need to like him.

There are lots of people I don't like, but I at least attempt to be civil to everyone.

I don't think that courtesy should be beyond us.

I think Khan, corbyn etc are behaving in an entirely rude manner

Trump would struggle to understand the word civility.

The late John McCain would understand.

doctor jambo
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

I don't disagree.

However, not sure where being rude and reactionary helps when dealing with someone rude and reactionary.

He is the worlds most powerful Scotsman.

We should be taking advantage of this.

We have fêted worse than him.

Christ Man City are run by worse, but you don't see mass protests outside the Etihad.

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

I don't disagree.

However, not sure where being rude and reactionary helps when dealing with someone rude and reactionary.

We should be taking advantage of this.

We have fêted worse than him.

Christ Man City are run by worse, but you don't see mass protests outside the Etihad.

He claimed for some time to be Danish until it was revealed that his father was in fact German. He is of Scottish descent but is to be fair a bit of a reach to suggest he is the worlds most powerful Scotsman. In fact as a strong critic of him I suggest he is not powerful at anything, he makes the claim certainly but what has he achieved. The Middle East is still a mess, North Koreas leader whom he loves has stepped out of all negotiations, and has murdered and imprisoned some of his delegates to the talks. Kim was responsible for the mistreatment and later death of a young American, Saudis murdered an American resident, no action, Putin has some form of control over him, his domestic rivals are exposing his alleged criminal behaviour. He's like the supposed hardmen of of my young life who said they would fight and beat anyone in the street, then never came out of the house to prove it, words that all their power is, action is proof.

SpruceBringsteen
3 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Andy Robertson disagrees. :lol::cool:

On the few breif news articles I have watched it seems the Royals have developed an excellent strategy, they have fed him lunch, tea, and dinner, this means his mouth has been full and he cannot say anything, excellent work.

Maple Leaf
15 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

On the few breif news articles I have watched it seems the Royals have developed an excellent strategy, they have fed him lunch, tea, and dinner, this means his mouth has been full and he cannot say anything, excellent work.

Have they found a way to immobilise his thumbs so he can't Tweet?

6 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Sadiq Khan is too dangerous to ignore.

6 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What a topsy turvy faked up world we really are.

Same McCain who wholly supported bombing Irag?

Same McCain who sang beach boys bomb bomb bomb Iraq on his campaign.

This is what I fekin deplore.

This thread is all that's wrong with so called progressives.

They talk absolute as much shit as Trump.

And it's exactly why the US ended up with Trump.

Fighting over a bald mans comb .

Good luck suckers

Present day political progressive arguments.

Pussy grabber 

Racist 

Thickos.

Hows that going for you?

Or deeper politics 

It wis the rUSSians

Pathetic

Trump the bogeyman.

When really the real problem is when the answer is someone like McCain or Clinton or Obama.

Not because Trump is better.

But because you believe that they are.

They are just the same.

Unknown user
53 minutes ago, jake said:

Sorry for the rant.

We've all got ideals but they have to be tempered in the face of reality, the international utopia you rant about can't and won't exist in the real world. Everyone else knows that and they compromises their ideals accordingly. But you curse everyone out for living in the real world, trying to find the best compromise and doing nothing to achieve the unachievable - while doing nothing about it yourself. 

I like your ideals, but you need to live in the real world and stop barking at passing traffic.

Some one has to say it Jake.

How many people have bought into the globalist media enforcement rules and regulations regarding a Trump view?

Today’s British media coverage would make you weep.

Hypocrisy is the new truth.

18 minutes ago, Smithee said:

We've all got ideals but they have to be tempered in the face of reality, the international utopia you rant about can't and won't exist in the real world. Everyone else knows that and they compromises their ideals accordingly. But you curse everyone out for living in the real world, trying to find the best compromise and doing nothing to achieve the unachievable - while doing nothing about it yourself. 

I like your ideals, but you need to live in the real world and stop barking at passing traffic.

Sorry Smithee .

But that's a total cop out.

The reality is this.

Remember Blair?

Remember the the dawn of new labour.

That ***** got down on his knees and prayed with Bush to bomb Iraq.

I may be barking at passing traffic but at least I'm barking.

You want change.

But accept none .

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
3 hours ago, bobsharp said:

Unfortunately, our taxes are payimg for this incestuous creep to be here. 

17 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

Some one has to say it Jake.

How many people have bought into the globalist media enforcement rules and regulations regarding a Trump view?

Today’s British media coverage would make you weep.

Hypocrisy is the new truth.

Alfa.

I'm not sure I agree with you .

But I do respect your outlook .

I just dont get how those who go ballistic about trump accept Bush Clinton ...Clinton ffs a political masterclass in how to fek up a country and sell it as progressive.

And Obama.

Extra judicial executions through sophisticated and stylistically replicated methods meant there is nothing between him and Trump.

6 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Our taxes pay for lots worse than that.

Shall I list them for your tender heart.

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Fair comment.

Syrian conflict

Obama

Free trading of slaves in Libya 

Obama

The selling of enriched uranium

Obama

The biggest mass movement of troops in Eastern Europe 

Obama

But pussy grab is the political debate.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Fair comment.

I give the fek up.

Avoid this thread if you believe Trumps policies in anyway differ in actual meaningful way to his predecessors.

37 minutes ago, Smithee said:

As an aside .

You are right.

I do fek all about much.

I try not to be to aggressive in my replies to you because of a post you once posted that really touched me.

But this is about opinions .

And I dont question whether you back up yours.

So go fek yourself on that .

I am active on certain issues but fek being active In mainstream means fek all.

And do you question the stream of shite on here.

How many on this thread do fek all about Trump.

Pffft

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, jake said:

As an aside .

You are right.

I do fek all about much.

I try not to be to aggressive in my replies to you because of a post you once posted that really touched me.

Pffft

Feel free to question, it's an opinion forum, that's what happens. Having said that I try not to be aggressive so apologies if it comes across that way, but I stand by what I said. 

SpruceBringsteen
27 minutes ago, jake said:

Syrian conflict

Obama

Obama

Obama

Obama

I actually agree with you. Obama was a prick. So is Clinton. So is Biden, so is Harris, so is Booker, so is whoever else you want to name on the Democrat side.

None of them are the ****ing president, though.

(And by the way, don't let what you see fool you. None of the people I mentioned above - and you can stick the housewive's favourite O'Rourke in as well - have any kind of popularity or traction with vast majority of the anti-Trump cats I see and read stuff from.)

11 minutes ago, jake said:

As an aside .

You are right.

I do fek all about much.

Pffft

I am one Jake who you rightly say does nothing about Trump, the main reason I don't is that I am not an Americn citizen and have no right or power to vote. I am a citizen of Canada and of the World, and I have concerns where he is leading the World and what it will to do to me and mine. Of course politicians make mistakes and and we all dependent on our direction of support jump on them or praise them, but this man is different. He states on numerous occasions he loves Kim, how can you love a man who has done the horrendous things he has and will do again. How can he trust a Russian leader who all his Intelligence departments and support staff say interfered with the election within which he was competing, even if as Trump so stoutly claims he didn't how can he maintain the level of respect he has for him. Why when he talks to Putin does he not say publicly just once, "My friend do not interfere in our elections".

It is fine to point out the errors and actions of others, but surely the ultimate object of an election and choosing for whom to vote is to support a person who is going to do their best to make the same errors, in that to me from the start Trump was the wrong choice. Hillary Clinton was not so great either, and I am sure would have been under the same level of scrutiny if elected.

21 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Feel free to question, it's an opinion forum, that's what happens. Having said that I try not to be aggressive so apologies if it comes across that way, but I stand by what I said. 

Smithee dont apologise.

I think I know where you come from.

18 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

I am one Jake who you rightly say does nothing about Trump, the main reason I don't is that I am not an Americn citizen and have no right or power to vote. I am a citizen of Canada and of the World, and I have concerns where he is leading the World and what it will to do to me and mine. Of course politicians make mistakes and and we all dependent on our direction of support jump on them or praise them, but this man is different. He states on numerous occasions he loves Kim, how can you love a man who has done the horrendous things he has and will do again. How can he trust a Russian leader who all his Intelligence departments and support staff say interfered with the election within which he was competing, even if as Trump so stoutly claims he didn't how can he maintain the level of respect he has for him. Why when he talks to Putin does he not say publicly just once, "My friend do not interfere in our elections".

It is fine to point out the errors and actions of others, but surely the ultimate object of an election and choosing for whom to vote is to support a person who is going to do their best to make the same errors, in that to me from the start Trump was the wrong choice. Hillary Clinton was not so great either, and I am sure would have been under the same level of scrutiny if elected.

18 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Bob.

We all do nothing.

Doesnt matter if we live in Canada.

We even if vote do nothing.

Bob I got slagged off for quoting a documentary from a wee lassie about the 2bd biggest polluter in the world .

The fashion industry.

I do nothing except post.

I got involved in the anti fracking thang over here in Scotland.

Trump.is a consequence of choosing between absolutely fek all.

Bob your older than me.

I'm ashamed that I drink too much and have done nixy kay about nix.

(Appealing to yer auld niddrie here)

Bit me and you have allowed the current place we are in to happen.

The sea of Arral.

Pairs of Jean's mate.

Yet here we are blowing of about a fud with a shit haircut whose policies actually mean fek all in difference to his predecessors.

That's the truth auld copper.

And although I'm a faked up drinking drugged up mess .

I recognise that.

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Dalkeith :D

Despite that mate I know you are a cool *****.

You made one post one time that although I dont know you will always make me like you.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, jake said:

Despite that mate I know you are a cool *****.

You made one post one time that although I dont know you will always make me like you.

Cheers Jake and fwiw I'm pretty sure you're a decent guy, I pretty much agree with your core principles. Can't help wondering what I might have said, but don't ruin it by telling me, it'll just go to my head;)

36 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Cheers Jake and fwiw I'm pretty sure you're a decent guy, I pretty much agree with your core principles. Can't help wondering what I might have said, but don't ruin it by telling me, it'll just go to my head;)

I wont.

It wouldn't though .

53 minutes ago, jake said:

Bob.

We all do nothing.

Doesnt matter if we live in Canada.

We even if vote do nothing.

Bob I got slagged off for quoting a documentary from a wee lassie about the 2bd biggest polluter in the world .

The fashion industry.

I do nothing except post.

I got involved in the anti fracking thang over here in Scotland.

Trump.is a consequence of choosing between absolutely fek all.

Bob your older than me.

I'm ashamed that I drink too much and have done nixy kay about nix.

(Appealing to yer auld niddrie here)

Bit me and you have allowed the current place we are in to happen.

The sea of Arral.

Pairs of Jean's mate.

Yet here we are blowing of about a fud with a shit haircut whose policies actually mean fek all in difference to his predecessors.

That's the truth auld copper.

And although I'm a faked up drinking drugged up mess .

I recognise that.

Don't underestimate yourself Jake, you get a wee bit rambunctious at times, but I enjoy your comments, the one thing for sure we all know how you feel. Life would be boring if we all agreed all the time, but if I was still a drinker I would be fine with having a pint with you.

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, jake said:

Syrian conflict

Obama

The Syrian conflict is a derivative of the war in Iraq. It had already started by the time Obama took office.

2 hours ago, jake said:

Obama

Obama's Libya policy is no great success, but it was limited to air suppression of Libyan air forces who were going to bomb rebel positions.

2 hours ago, jake said:

Obama

What the hell are you talking about?

2 hours ago, jake said:

Obama

What the hell are you talking about?

2 hours ago, jake said:

Trump is protecting and encouraging a new Saudi prince who had an opposition journalist tortured then cut up into pieces. He's providing arms for a war in Yemen that has millions of children on the brink of starvation. He cancelled the nuclear deal with Iran which was almost certainly the best piece of American diplomacy since Clinton's assistance with the GFA in NI. He's embraced a dictator in North Korea who tortured an undergraduate at my university to death. He has children in cages on the border, FFS, and has intentionally taken children from their parents in order to try to dissuade people from legally seeking asylum, a violation of international human rights.

Get your head out of your ass.

2 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Don't underestimate yourself Jake, you get a wee bit rambunctious at times, but I enjoy your comments, the one thing for sure we all know how you feel. Life would be boring if we all agreed all the time, but if I was still a drinker I would be fine with having a pint with you.

Bob.

I once was bang out of order with you.

And you were not in return.

Showed your character.

I'd love a pint and the spraff that goes with it.

A cup of tea would do as well.

Think that the politics and political solutions no longer adequately meet the requirements needed.

And  I hold us all to blame.

The public gets what the public wants.

Yer no too auld firra jam song Bob are ye?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)