U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

He truly is a total wacko with zero policy to talk about. Wants everybody locked up. The Governor of Michigan should be locked up. Hillary should be locked up. Biden and Trump should be locked up. When in reality he's the the only one remotely likely to be locked up.

I remember after the last election campaign, during which he continually called Hilary Clinton a crook who should be locked up. Then he wins, and the Clintons turn up at his inauguration dinner. 
Trump gives a speech, including thanking them for coming and saying how they were great people.

The man is a lunatic who has little grasp of reality.

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

image.jpeg

Seriously, screw them all. They’re once again putting her life in danger.

Edit: to be clear, ‘86’ is slang for ejecting someone (e.g.from a bar).

Sounds like the sort of nonsense that the Russian troll farms dream up, unfortunately there are plenty of Americans ready to believe that level of conspiracy shit, and Trump is happy to leverage it to whip up support.

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

His latest series of tweets read like something a deranged teenager would type. Nothing but insults and childish nicknames. 

Thats a synopsis of his tweets for the last 4 years. 

9 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

The legacy of Trump is exposing 40℅ of America (his base) as complete morons.

There's a percentage of them here too who genuinely believe Trump is a white Knight fighting to rid the world of a child trafficking paedophile cabal of shadowy figures who are secretly in charge.

Look up QAnon, it's frightening how  people can buy into such transparent bullshit. In fact today was meant to be a big day for them, Trump was coming out with a list of the paedos or something.

Mental gymnastics now that it didn't happen of course.

19 minutes ago, Smithee said:

There's a percentage of them here too who genuinely believe Trump is a white Knight fighting to rid the world of a child trafficking paedophile cabal of shadowy figures who are secretly in charge.

Look up QAnon, it's frightening how  people can buy into such transparent bullshit. In fact today was meant to be a big day for them, Trump was coming out with a list of the paedos or something.

Mental gymnastics now that it didn't happen of course.

Morons are fertile ground for conspiracy theorists whatever the stripe. Just need to check the net worth of Alex Jones and David Icke.  How much Hannity and Carlson make a year. Trump is a composite of all these jokers.

Trump is a vile human being, yet tens of millions of Americans idolise him and will vote to give him another four years as President, many of them Christians who claim to hold high moral standards.  I've ceased trying to figure it out.

Let's hope the election will put an end to this sordid chapter in American history.

J.T.F.Robertson

Let's hope so, and that his partners in crime are forced to explain their complicity in this shit show. (I know, naivete)

John Gentleman
2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I remember after the last election campaign, during which he continually called Hilary Clinton a crook who should be locked up. Then he wins, and the Clintons turn up at his inauguration dinner. 
Trump gives a speech, including thanking them for coming and saying how they were great people.

The man is a lunatic who has little grasp of reality.

Therein, at least in part, is one of the reasons why Clinton, H lost in 2016. They're part of a political clique who just don't 'get it'. As long as there's status and money in the political status quo, nothing will change in the US. Think of the gerrymandered electorates and ridiculous 'Electoral College'. That's just a couple of things off the top of my head which need fixing.

They're hardly a beacon of democracy with so much shite in their backyards. As imperfect as Westminster systems are, they're miles ahead of what the US practises.

A couple of times recently I have heard Republicans criticise Trump and those who encourage him in his misdoings. It is too early to  enjoy potential Biden success, but if he does win, and if so it would appear the Democrats may be able to take over the Senate what will the reaction be by the Trump enablers who have lost because of Trump.  Of course i am enough of a pessimist to believe that should Biden be reported by the election authorities to have won, Trumps no going. Last night at one of his rallies I heard Trump go along with the four more years chants, and adding in why not eight or twelve. 

Trump is certain if he refuses to go he will have the support of the police who he claims universally in the States are endorsing him, he also congratulates himself in using military personnel in Minnesota, and Portland for quelling riots and disturbances, it will be interesting to see if these bodies would support his refusal to give up despite an election loss  of his position as President. He is just mentally challenged enough to try it and his fellow political losers may just support him also.

3 hours ago, JackLadd said:

The legacy of Trump is exposing 40℅ of America (his base) as complete morons.

I only personally know two Trump voters from 2016, and who as far as I know will vote for him again in 2020.  Neither is a moron. One is a bit above average intelligence, the other very smart indeed.  It's a small sample, but it's adequate to make two points.  One is that you can be a JKB member and personally know people who aren't morons and who will vote for Donald Trump.  The other, by extension, is that a lot of people who always (or usually) vote for conservative Republican policies voted from Trump and will do so again.  Why?  For the sole and simple reason that he is the Republican party nominee.

2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Trump is a vile human being, yet tens of millions of Americans idolise him and will vote to give him another four years as President, many of them Christians who claim to hold high moral standards.  I've ceased trying to figure it out.

Let's hope the election will put an end to this sordid chapter in American history.

I see that the polls are narrowing.  Nationally Biden is still comfortably better off with 15-16 days to go to the polls closing than Hillary Clinton was at the same stage in 2016.  But in the big six battleground states, he's behind where she was.  He's leading Trump, but his lead is less than Clinton's was at the same point in 2016.  So if the polls continue to trend in those states at the rate they've been going over the last 6-7 days, Trump may yet get through the gap in the hedge.  Biden does not need to win all six, but he needs to win enough to flip 38 votes in the Electoral College.  Right now he's ahead, but...

alwaysthereinspirit
On 17/10/2020 at 20:36, JFK-1 said:

If he loses he's in the shit on multiple fronts. He has turned pretty much every government agency of any standing against him. I'm confident both the FBI and the CIA and the IRS despise him. I know I wouldn't like to be a shifty character as Trump is with a trio as powerful as that looking for any chance to take me down.

Then there's the risible conspiracy shite being thrown at Biden's son. Anybody think this wont now be personal for Biden? Trump is going to have all those powerful agencies and the president eager to see him take a fall.

He's far and away the most incompetent, the most corrupt, most despicable individual to ever hold that office. and I suspect there may be a massive hake up to make sure something like him can't ever do this again.

In fact the Republicans overall are now just as despicable as he is. They were already on the crazy path before Trump. He took them all the way into basket case territory.

If he actually did flee which seems questionable who would take him? I expect Russia would. The ultimate disgrace for the entire nation. An ex president in possession of sensitive information basically defecting.

What’s the record for most hysterical $#!te written in one post? This has to be a leading contender. Please don’t ever stop posting on this thread.  Your own special kind of crazy keep me amused daily.

“FBI, CIA and IRS despise him”

“Flee to Russia”

🤦‍♂️ 

Watched his rally in Carson City tonight, of course a very biased crowd, supplied masks for those directly behind the President, but scans over the crowd indicated no distancing and only a few masks.He was very verbiose about his dealings with the military, re equipped them, respects them deals with them, spent three billion dollars on them, the only thing really missing was any statement referring to his service with them. A sceptic might even think he has a policy of supplying young men and women to use all these weapons in defence of their Country or their Presidents policies even at the sacrifice of their lives, he himself has taken now the role of supplier, but when he had the opportunity declined the opportunity to be one of them.

Kalamazoo Jambo
32 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I see that the polls are narrowing.  Nationally Biden is still comfortably better off with 15-16 days to go to the polls closing than Hillary Clinton was at the same stage in 2016.  But in the big six battleground states, he's behind where she was.  He's leading Trump, but his lead is less than Clinton's was at the same point in 2016.  So if the polls continue to trend in those states at the rate they've been going over the last 6-7 days, Trump may yet get through the gap in the hedge.  Biden does not need to win all six, but he needs to win enough to flip 38 votes in the Electoral College.  Right now he's ahead, but...

I haven’t really seen a significant narrowing. Here’s the 3-month RCP average of national polling.

CF623B2E-78AB-45E9-A6EC-AAC040487B11.jpeg

There are a few key differences versus 2016. One is the amount of early/absentee voting, especially among Democrats. But also, the number of undecideds is much lower than in 2016. Notwithstanding this, not counting chickens yet, especially as it’s not the national vote that ultimately matters.

36 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

What’s the record for most hysterical $#!te written in one post? This has to be a leading contender. Please don’t ever stop posting on this thread.  Your own special kind of crazy keep me amused daily.

“FBI, CIA and IRS despise him”

“Flee to Russia”

🤦‍♂️

What's the record for talking while saying absolutely nothing? This has to be a leading contender.  Please don't ever stop posting on this thread. Your own special kind of crazy talking while saying nothing of any deconstructive content may keep me amused but is more likely to rapidly become tedious.

Or alternatively actually say something explaining anything.

Can I ask a stupid question? 

If Americans eat turkey at thanksgiving. What do they eat at Christmas? 

🦃 x2!!!! 

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

🦃 x2!!!! 

Turkey at Thanksgiving, turkey at Christmas, ham at Easter.

And to make this post on topic, Trump is an obese clown who doesn't have the brains of a turkey.

9 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Turkey at Thanksgiving, turkey at Christmas, ham at Easter.

And to make this post on topic, Trump is an obese clown who doesn't have the brains of a turkey.

👍

2 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Comparisons with 2016 are interesting, but I wonder how relevant they are.  Yes, of course, polls can change dramatically in two weeks.  Nevertheless, current polls indicate a Biden victory, even a substantial victory, and that's what I choose to believe for no other reason that it makes me feel better. :wink:

Another significant change from 2016 is the number of people who have already voted.  It's up to 27 million according to what I read this evening, which is significantly higher than 2016.  Those votes are in, which means that nothing Trump or Biden can say will change them. 

I'm quite confident the American people will rid themselves of DT. But I think hell be back again in 4 years, whether it's him or his son, I'm not sure, but they'll be back. 

Im less sure he'll be put handcuffs now , as I think that will be covered up for the 'sake of the nation' , will be the reasons given. 

Edited by ri Alban

John Gentleman
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

🦃 x2!!!! 

They don't do 'Christmas'. They call it the 'holiday season'. Aye, ah ken....

7 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I only personally know two Trump voters from 2016, and who as far as I know will vote for him again in 2020.  Neither is a moron. One is a bit above average intelligence, the other very smart indeed.  It's a small sample, but it's adequate to make two points.  One is that you can be a JKB member and personally know people who aren't morons and who will vote for Donald Trump.  The other, by extension, is that a lot of people who always (or usually) vote for conservative Republican policies voted from Trump and will do so again.  Why?  For the sole and simple reason that he is the Republican party nominee.

There is defo something amiss in anyone voting Trump TWICE. Your bud might have high cognitive intelligence but he has the emotional intelligence of a hissy chimpanzee if he can't see through Trump..

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'm quite confident the American people will rid themselves of DT. But I think hell be back again in 4 years, whether it's him or his son, I'm not sure, but they'll be back. 

Im less sure he'll be put handcuffs now , as I think that will be covered up for the 'sake of the nation' , will be the reasons given. 

Ivanka to be first female president?

The same bullshit but, with more media savvy.

10 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

Ivanka to be first female president?

The same bullshit but, with more media savvy.

And a nicer arse. 

alwaysthereinspirit
11 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

What's the record for talking while saying absolutely nothing? This has to be a leading contender.  Please don't ever stop posting on this thread. Your own special kind of crazy talking while saying nothing of any deconstructive content may keep me amused but is more likely to rapidly become tedious.

Or alternatively actually say something explaining anything.

You’ll find my explanations on why personally agree with some things he’s done that have impacted me and my family personally/financially way back in this thread. 

12 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

You’ll find my explanations on why personally agree with some things he’s done that have impacted me and my family personally/financially way back in this thread. 

I honestly don't think its what you mean but it does leave open the opinion by others that you don't care what other people, the country or the world are affected by his outlandish statements, attitudes and decisions, as long as "I am alright Jack" and to hell with everyone else. 

28 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I honestly don't think its what you mean but it does leave open the opinion by others that you don't care what other people, the country or the world are affected by his outlandish statements, attitudes and decisions, as long as "I am alright Jack" and to hell with everyone else. 

I assume perceived self interest is why his base flock to his unhinged rallies. They come away feeling so (covid) positive.

alwaysthereinspirit
45 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Not at all. I don’t agree with lots of stuff he says or does. I wish every night he went to bed with an uncharged phone. Unfortunately he is what he is. That is not going to change. Not now. He has a big wooden stick and loves stirring it up only because he knows it bothers certain people. I know you don’t like him and that is your right. Not everything said or written about him on/in certain channels/newspapers is true. The “good people on both sides” supposed racist quote is the perfect example of fake news. Totally taken out of context to push an agenda.

My family do lots of charity work, individually and together. I have no idea the political leanings of the people we usually work with and don’t care/need to know.
Being a “Trumper” doesn’t mean you’re evil. Just like being a Democrat right now doesn’t automatically mean you’re a left wing nut job. 
I know I’m a good person. I don’t dislike people like some on here because of who they vote for.

But that’s their prerogative. 
Stay Well.

14 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Possibly highlighting one of the issues that comes with having a two party political system. If you couldn't possibly vote for the other side then that can result in what we have now, millions of people voting for an utterly despicable human being just because he is the nominee for that party. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
28 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

The “good people on both sides” supposed racist quote is the perfect example of fake news. Totally taken out of context to push an agenda.

That’s total BS.

I’ve just watched the first episode of The Trump Show and, if somebody had punted it as a film script you’d say it’s too far fetched. How TF is he getting away with it? Are people so pissed off with the political norm in America they want this show pony?

How can someone like him convince regular working stiffs he gives the slightest **** about them?

20 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Oh it is?

Just a couple of things, I have to agree with Kalamazoo, I watched most of the coverage of that whole day and seeing the hatred displayed by the Nazi ,Jew hating individuals I did not see one who looked the slightest bit uncomfortable in their rants, it may have been more Presidential to have not commented, and say nothing about both sides. I disagree totally that it was fake news, it was a statement made directly by Trump and recorded at the time. I don't disagree that there are times media report news in such a way as to direct opinion towards their opinions, but not in the case now being discussed.

You are absolutely correct I dislike Trump intensely, but did so a long time before he ever discussed an effort to become President. I watched possibly  a total of five minutes of his TV show, and thought what type of character enjoys saying with such gusto, "you're fired" I would suggest an absolutely talentless individual who will do anything particularly for money, but even in his own small mind to have or at least act like he had power, which is all important to his ego. Tragically he is still playing a role, and still convincing himself he has power, the truth is he has only as much as Putin, Xi, and the wee North Korean chappie allow him to have.

Kalamazoo Jambo
32 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Oh it is?

There’s a right-wing disinformation campaign specific to this issue. Let’s remember, the Charlottesville ‘Unite the Right’ rally was a Neo-Nazi rally, plain and simple. Y’know, these guys...

image.jpeg

And here are Trumps actual words...

alwaysthereinspirit
31 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

There’s a right-wing disinformation campaign specific to this issue. Let’s remember, the Charlottesville ‘Unite the Right’ rally was a Neo-Nazi rally, plain and simple. Y’know, these guys...

image.jpeg

And here are Trumps actual words...

Trumps words at 2.02 make clear that the Neo N***** and White Nationalists at that rally are to be condemned. The “good people on both sides” was neither for them or the leftist type trouble makers there that day. Maybe he could have explained what he was trying to convey much better than he obviously did. Happens quite a bit. 
Weirdly enough and unfortunately he called out the tearing down of American historic statues 2 years before they were targeted. You have your opinion on his words and I have mine. Neither one of us will hear them differently now.

Stay Well.

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Trumps words at 2.02 make clear that the Neo N***** and White Nationalists at that rally are to be condemned. The “good people on both sides” was neither for them or the leftist type trouble makers there that day. Maybe he could have explained what he was trying to convey much better than he obviously did. Happens quite a bit. 
Weirdly enough and unfortunately he called out the tearing down of American historic statues 2 years before they were targeted. You have your opinion on his words and I have mine. Neither one of us will hear them differently now.

Stay Well.

So you're happy to endorse a man who can't explain his thoughts lucidly when given four minutes to do so? 

To be the 'leader of the free world'?

Edited by I P Knightley

alwaysthereinspirit
27 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

So you're happy to endorse a man who can't explain his thoughts lucidly when given four minutes to do so? 

To be the 'leader of the free world'?

Happy? Satisfied is probably the word I’d use given the two choices we have. Biden/Harris are nowhere close to being the right choice. She scares the $#!t out off me. 

3 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Stay Well.

Sorry but if seeing and hearing him say it doesn't convince you then nothing will. 

alwaysthereinspirit
Just now, XB52 said:

Sorry but if seeing and hearing him say it doesn't convince you then nothing will. 

I’m not arguing the fact he said it. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)