U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

15 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

I've always thought the wording was a  mistake.  Off the radar doesn't mean big,  it means hidden, off the radar of whom, HMRC?

I think the Record "journalist" meant off the chart. But hey ho, 'twas a long time ago now.

I'm pretty certain they did mean "off the radar" because anyone looking in to Whyte would have seen he was potless. That wouldn't do for the orc hordes so "off the radar" was created to placate them. 

"Don't worry about the new owner, he's ****ing minted. It's just really, really well hidden." 

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Giuliani concludes:  "I've been in this business a long time.  This is the biggest cover-up I have ever seen.  And it is the biggest government scandal, I've ever heard of."

24 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

Giuliani concludes:  "I've been in this business a long time.  This is the biggest cover-up I have ever seen.  And it is the biggest government scandal, I've ever heard of."

For sure, for sure

'End this nightmare': Rudy Giuliani's daughter urges Americans to vote for Joe Biden in Vanity Fair editorial

If being the daughter of a polarizing mayor who became the president’s personal bulldog has taught me anything, it is that corruption starts with “yes-men” and women, the cronies who create an echo chamber of lies and subservience to maintain their proximity to power. We’ve seen this ad nauseam with Trump and his cadre of high-level sycophants (the ones who weren’t convicted, anyway).

---

Imagine looking at Donald Trump or Rudy Giulani and seeing integrity and strength. :rolleyes4:

26 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

Attacking Clinton worked for the Cult in 2016, so it's no surprise that the Cult will try a similar tactic this time.  It's what Cults do best.  Have you seen what Scientologists do to people who criticise them?

The Trump cult have a cheek pointing to anyone's shady financial dealings. No-one has more to hide than Trump.

PS. Giuliani is a babbling fool.

Just now, alfajambo said:

The alleged Joe Biden Corruption Scandal is now the biggest story in America.

Among the hard of thinking, I imagine that it will be. Grasping at straws...

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Looks like there's a bit of Friday night overtime in the Krasnoyarsk bunker judging from the recent posts. 

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

16 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

No it isn't.

It isn't on any decent news website.

4 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Looks like there's a bit of Friday night overtime in the Krasnoyarsk bunker judging from the recent posts. 

I blame Q-Anon.

J.T.F.Robertson
20 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

Beta quit while you're behind.

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, alfajambo said:

Is there a simple bullet-point list of the allegations you could furnish me with? 

I can't bring myself to watch another biased, raving presentation of hyperbole which I have to dig through to get to 'facts' or detail.

All I've seen from Trump is something along the lines of, "Sleepy Joe's CORRUPT. You better believe it. BIGGEST EVER." i.e. bull shite that his redneck, window-licking, gun-sucking, dead-behind-the-eyes acolytes drink up and spew out without any thought.

Would appreciate something that puts it in a nutshell. Preferably comparing it to Trump's own corruption and cronyism but that might be asking a bit much.

2 hours ago, alfajambo said:

(not that any of you needed me to tell you, but as someone “on the ground” here, I can assure you, it is not :wink:)

Kalamazoo Jambo
2 hours ago, alfajambo said:

You’re living in a fantasy world.

4 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Would appreciate something that puts it in a nutshell. Preferably comparing it to Trump's own corruption and cronyism but that might be asking a bit much.

Seems to be somethign along the lines of Young Biden drops of 1 (or 3) latops for repair at a registered blind person's repair shop who isn't sure it was Hunter Biden (but Guiliani is sure it was)

After a long period passes the blind man takes a copy of the hard drive and finsds a PDF file (with metadata created after the laptop was handed in) purporting to be from an unknow Ukrainian sleazeball thanking him and trying to set up a meeting. No evidence corroborates any of the events mentioned.

Sounds legit 😂

6 hours ago, Justin Z said:

(not that any of you needed me to tell you, but as someone “on the ground” here, I can assure you, it is not :wink:)

I'm in Oklahoma, Trump land, never heard a single person mention it. Never seen the news mention it aside from briefly when Trump initially raved.  Obviously huge somewhere I suppose. But it's not America. Only in a few heads I suspect.

35 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I'm in Oklahoma, Trump land, never heard a single person mention it. Never seen the news mention it aside from briefly when Trump initially raved.  Obviously huge somewhere I suppose. But it's not America. Only in a few heads I suspect.

A few especially credulous, especially delusional, heads.

FlavorAid Jim Jones suicide cult t-shirt | Etsy

Edited by Justin Z

SpruceBringsteen
4 hours ago, Barack said:

Being an absolute racist mother ****er right now, about Ilhan Omar.

I mean, just call her a "******", and be done with it, type stuff.

Mental.😳🤬

One of my "favourite" things is to read her replies on Twitter. Like for instance she'll say "kids shouldn't be hungry" and within literally 30 seconds there'll be 50 replies saying "you married your brother".

Kids will still be going hungry, and she'll still be in congress. 

12 hours ago, Justin Z said:

For sure, for sure

'End this nightmare': Rudy Giuliani's daughter urges Americans to vote for Joe Biden in Vanity Fair editorial

If being the daughter of a polarizing mayor who became the president’s personal bulldog has taught me anything, it is that corruption starts with “yes-men” and women, the cronies who create an echo chamber of lies and subservience to maintain their proximity to power. We’ve seen this ad nauseam with Trump and his cadre of high-level sycophants (the ones who weren’t convicted, anyway).

---

Imagine looking at Donald Trump or Rudy Giulani and seeing integrity and strength. :rolleyes4:

What happened with Rudy, JZ? He seemed a real good guy after the way he handle the 9/11 atrocities. Now he, well I don't know what to say, that isn't very complementary. 

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

What happened with Rudy, JZ? He seemed a real good guy after the way he handle the 9/11 atrocities. Now he, well I don't know what to say, that isn't very complementary. 

This.

A Boy Named Crow
8 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Also:

EkfnU7ZX0AY2Zzy?format=png&name=small

What am I looking at here? Is it something to do with his hair, or the more alarming utter collapse of his left arsecheek? 

9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I have wondered also, I suspect he knew Trump from his Mayor days and Trump would be happy to know and associate with someone he saw as advantageous to know for business and other reasons. Rudy had sort of fallen out of the limelight his days of glory having ebbed. I am sure the opportunity to work with the now President was too good to not take, and as happens it seems with Trump individuals moral values seem to drop when close to him. Just an individual perspective, I am sure the person you asked to respond will have a more educated view and facts, he usually does.

10 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I have wondered also, I suspect he knew Trump from his Mayor days and Trump would be happy to know and associate with someone he saw as advantageous to know for business and other reasons. Rudy had sort of fallen out of the limelight his days of glory having ebbed. I am sure the opportunity to work with the now President was too good to not take, and as happens it seems with Trump individuals moral values seem to drop when close to him. Just an individual perspective, I am sure the person you asked to respond will have a more educated view and facts, he usually does.

Thanks, Sharpie 👍

To be fair, George W. Bush seemed a real good guy after the way he handled 9/11. Didn't take long for his true colours to come back through.

It's a reminder, I guess, to look at a person's entire body of work. He handled Haitian refugees under Reagan like the overt racist he is (which, combined with his authoritarianism, is why he was so comfortable in the Trump empire), tore down civil liberty protections when going after white collar criminals as a district attorney, and had several of his high profile convictions overturned on appeal. He instituted stop-and-frisk in New York, which was probably the most blatantly unconstitutional (based on race) local policy of the last quarter of the 20th century in the US.

As with almost everything, marketing can be a hell of a rehabilitative measure, and Rudy Giulani was certainly no exception to this.

16 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

To be fair, George W. Bush seemed a real good guy after the way he handled 9/11. Didn't take long for his true colours to come back through.

It's a reminder, I guess, to look at a person's entire body of work. He handled Haitian refugees under Reagan like the overt racist he is (which, combined with his authoritarianism, is why he was so comfortable in the Trump empire), tore down civil liberty protections when going after white collar criminals as a district attorney, and had several of his high profile convictions overturned on appeal. He instituted stop-and-frisk in New York, which was probably the most blatantly unconstitutional (based on race) local policy of the last quarter of the 20th century in the US.

As with almost everything, marketing can be a hell of a rehabilitative measure, and Rudy Giulani was certainly no exception to this.

Its funny I must have seen all those things but don't truly recall them, its strange how his relationship with Trump alone has soured me so completely against him.  It does make me realise that although I judge myself as a reasonably fair judge  of character you do, at least I do allow myself to be influenced as much by a persons associates as I do the individual himself.

50 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Under-appreciated quip.

I didn't understand it to be honest. All Greek to me...

Kalamazoo Jambo
On 16/10/2020 at 08:33, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Here's hoping. Got our ballots sitting on the dining room table awaiting posting!

Mrs Kalamazoo and I have officially voted. Local township office had a drop box for our absentee ballots.

Now just have to wait until the 3rd so we can vote a second time :ninja:

2 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Now just have to wait until the 3rd so we can vote a second time :ninja:

:lol:

Now for something that's actually happening . . .

10/10 would read again—and would read as many times as necessary to Trump cultists until they ****ing get it.

Edit: But, would also read to shitlibs until they get it that this is nothing new, the only thing new is the brazenness.

Edited by Justin Z

Kalamazoo Jambo
2 hours ago, Justin Z said:

:lol:

Now for something that's actually happening . . .

10/10 would read again—and would read as many times as necessary to Trump cultists until they ****ing get it.

Edit: But, would also read to shitlibs until they get it that this is nothing new, the only thing new is the brazenness.

I’m not sure what a shitlib is, but it’s quite possible I’m one :laugh2:

While there’s undoubtedly corruption on all sides (I include the left in that), what Trump, his family and his cronies have done differs both qualitatively and quantitatively. The near-daily revelations about the crookedness of his administration has somehow blunted the impact in people’s minds so it just becomes noise.

Anyway, S.V. Dáte is a good follow on Twitter.

3 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

I’m not sure what a shitlib is, but it’s quite possible I’m one :laugh2:

Haha you may be a lib but you are decidedly not a shitlib. Another popular epithet for shitlibs is BlueMAGA: Exact same slavish syndrome of hearing and seeing no evil.

Kalamazoo Jambo
1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

Haha you may be a lib but you are decidedly not a shitlib. Another popular epithet for shitlibs is BlueMAGA: Exact same slavish syndrome of hearing and seeing no evil.

Got it :) 

I watched a good bit of that rally. The words at times used byTrump about people are just disgusting. Not obscene, but the tone is just ,well unpresidential. When getting in to the management level you realise that your patrol policemans descriptions etc of people are fine with your peers at that level, but as you proceed upwards through the ranks you realise that they were then and are now totally reprehensible, and totally unsuitable for a leader. I listened to Trump and his disparaging comments about his opposition, and elected members of Congress and the Senate were totally unsuitable, and when evoked by the President should be at the least Impeachable. He is so typical of what I have experienced all my life, starting when really young, little rich boy who thinks it makes him tough and powerful when he demeans those with whom he disagrees. It doesn't work, because you have never lived the life of those you are trying to copy, and it comes out false and rude, not smart or tough, street smart and toughness you learn right there , in the street.

3 hours ago, JackLadd said:

I see he says he'll flee the country if he loses. Interpol hot on his heels I hope.

If he loses he's in the shit on multiple fronts. He has turned pretty much every government agency of any standing against him. I'm confident both the FBI and the CIA and the IRS despise him. I know I wouldn't like to be a shifty character as Trump is with a trio as powerful as that looking for any chance to take me down.

Then there's the risible conspiracy shite being thrown at Biden's son. Anybody think this wont now be personal for Biden? Trump is going to have all those powerful agencies and the president eager to see him take a fall.

He's far and away the most incompetent, the most corrupt, most despicable individual to ever hold that office. and I suspect there may be a massive hake up to make sure something like him can't ever do this again.

In fact the Republicans overall are now just as despicable as he is. They were already on the crazy path before Trump. He took them all the way into basket case territory.

If he actually did flee which seems questionable who would take him? I expect Russia would. The ultimate disgrace for the entire nation. An ex president in possession of sensitive information basically defecting.

57 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

If he loses he's in the shit on multiple fronts. He has turned pretty much every government agency of any standing against him. I'm confident both the FBI and the CIA and the IRS despise him. I know I wouldn't like to be a shifty character as Trump is with a trio as powerful as that looking for any chance to take me down.

Then there's the risible conspiracy shite being thrown at Biden's son. Anybody think this wont now be personal for Biden? Trump is going to have all those powerful agencies and the president eager to see him take a fall.

He's far and away the most incompetent, the most corrupt, most despicable individual to ever hold that office. and I suspect there may be a massive hake up to make sure something like him can't ever do this again.

In fact the Republicans overall are now just as despicable as he is. They were already on the crazy path before Trump. He took them all the way into basket case territory.

If he actually did flee which seems questionable who would take him? I expect Russia would. The ultimate disgrace for the entire nation. An ex president in possession of sensitive information basically defecting.

Trump won't flee as we use the term my suspicion would be that on loss of the Presidency he will suddenly come down with a medical ailment that will require solitude and total absence of stress. He will convalesce at  one of his resorts probably in Florida and will remain untouchable until death, his Covid attack will give him a good excuse for the cause of his malaise. One thing about spending your life career dealing with liars, cheats, frauds and plain chancers is that you actually start thinking just like them, it helps sometimes.

4 hours ago, alfajambo said:

You're really not practiced when it comes to credible reports or source checking are you? I imagine you might not even know where this non credible nonsense comes from. Allow me to inform you.

It comes from the New York Post which is a tabloid rated as 'questionable' by media bias/ fact check website. 

MBFCMixed.png 

Overall we rate the New York Post on the far end of Right-Center Biased due to story selection that typically favors the Right and Mixed (borderline questionable) for factual reporting based on failed fact checks. https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/new-york-post/

And that's exactly why no one with any credibility takes it seriously nor even discusses this drivel at all aside from briefly mentioning how absurd it is.

And who owns the New York Post? Why it's Rupert Murdoch no less.

In 1976, Rupert Murdoch, the owner of News Corp, acquired The New York Post and in 1988, Murdoch sold the paper to Real estate developer Peter S. Kalikow.

When Kalikow lost the paper to bankruptcy in 1993, Rupert Murdoch once again purchased the paper and continues to own it today. Since Murdoch took over the paper, The Post has been known for its over-the-top sensational headlines.

Believe me, you're simply making yourself look silly with this nonsense. And one more thing, even if this nonsense were remotely credible which it isn't, Trump would still be the most unfit specimen to ever hold that office. 

Nothing is going to change that. If Biden's son robbed a bank, blew all the money on cocaine and hookers,  it still wouldn't change that. 

5 hours ago, alfajambo said:

Trump is the sleaziest, most unChristian-like President ever, and Giuliani is his babbling stooge. Why any Christian would view this diabolical duo with anything other than contempt is a mystery to me.  

However, I read today that a some of the cult are coming to their senses, and Trump's support among evangelicals has dropped by a few percentage points.  Maybe the realisation that the pussy-grabbing adulterer has been playing them for fools is beginning to sink in.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
5 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Screw Trump and his Acolytes and enablers.

This is beyond despicable. I can't wait to watch his squirmy wee face in three weeks. 

SectionDJambo
4 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

This is beyond despicable. I can't wait to watch his squirmy wee face in three weeks. 

The man is a headcase with no regard for other people’s safety. Quite the opposite, he is encouraging mob violence, similar to the Nazi tactics of the 1930s. 
If he wasn’t POTUS, the other western governments would be highlighting how abhorrent he is and publicly distancing themselves from him.

Surely there have to be enough Americans who can see the imperative need to remove him from office. Where are the leading Democrats, when they should be constantly showing him up for the dangerous clown that he is?

He truly is a total wacko with zero policy to talk about. Wants everybody locked up. The Governor of Michigan should be locked up. Hillary should be locked up. Biden and Trump should be locked up. When in reality he's the the only one remotely likely to be locked up.

Kalamazoo Jambo

image.jpeg

Seriously, screw them all. They’re once again putting her life in danger.

Edit: to be clear, ‘86’ is slang for ejecting someone (e.g.from a bar).

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)