Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Trump needs to suppress enough votes and get his spivs on the Scotus to rule in his favour when he refuses to concede. I think there will be massive riots beyond any blm protest if this plays out

I hope not but I think you're right.

The media have already made looting, murder, assault and rioting out to be freedom of expression.

2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I hope not but I think you're right.

The media have already made looting, murder, assault and rioting out to be freedom of expression.

A-World-Of-Pure-Imagination-Gif-In-Willy

4 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

I don't like the downward trend over the last 5-6 days. Squeaky bum time?

Nah.  Not even the Democrats can blow it this time.  I think most people have made up their minds, and millions have already voted.

It's AFTER the election that things will get crazy.

I've just read an article about multi hour long queues to put in an early vote. WTF? That's third-world behaviour.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54532189

Surely one of the key aims of anyone in a democracy, and particularly those organising elections, should be to encourage and facilitate as many people as possible to partake in those elections, not put them off by making it as impractical as possible.

I P Knightley
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I've just read an article about multi hour long queues to put in an early vote. WTF? That's third-world behaviour.

Surely one of the key aims of anyone in a democracy, and particularly those organising elections, should be to encourage and facilitate as many people as possible to partake in those elections, not put them off by making it as impractical as possible.

Yep. I saw a tweet (so it must be true, innit?) saying that the bloke had queued for over 8 hours. Trump will love seeing that, knowing that there will be plenty of folk who give up and go home for dinner. VOTER SUPPRESSION!!! (as he would tweet)

So the big expose that Obama and Biden had been involved in prior to the 2016 election, and for which Trump and his cohorts wanted Indictments served on the two has gone in the same direction as Trumps hair, missing believed dead. Barr has not released the highly alleged condemning information,  because there was none. The two Prosecutors charged with the investigation have both resigned, Oh Donald be careful or there will be a song written about Donald Wheres Yer Losers

16 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

So the big expose that Obama and Biden had been involved in prior to the 2016 election, and for which Trump and his cohorts wanted Indictments served on the two has gone in the same direction as Trumps hair, missing believed dead. Barr has not released the highly alleged condemning information,  because there was none. The two Prosecutors charged with the investigation have both resigned, Oh Donald be careful or there will be a song written about Donald Wheres Yer Losers

Correct. So what a coincidence there's a hit piece on Hunter Biden in today's New York Post, which honestly ought to make people in general view him with more sympathy. It's clear his addiction struggles have been really significant. Mine probably would be too, if I'd been in a car crash at the age of 2 in which my mum and sister died, and my brother died young, of brain cancer.

As desperate of stuff as stuff gets.

Today marks nine years.

To quote a very thoughtful friend, “There are, believe it or not, countries in the world that don’t regularly kill children with flying murder bots. We should try being one of those countries for a while.”

Edited by Justin Z

4 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Good one, Bob.  :thumb:

6 hours ago, redjambo said:

Just the various Democratic primaries alone this year, if those conditions had existed in any other country, the UN would've swiftly stepped in. It's rotten to the core.

Whether this story in Minnesota really happened or not, I dunno, but it's why people are standing in line anyhow.

Image may contain: 2 people, text

14 hours ago, Cade said:

Five months after losing the election by by a landslide, former President Donald J Trump is finally removed from the White House

silencelambs154.jpg

Had to use a straitjacket to get a mask on him?

On 13/10/2020 at 17:14, JFK-1 said:

Biden landslide creeps into view

A landslide victory for Joe Biden is now a realistic possibility.

The Democratic presidential nominee has a lead of around 10 percentage points over President Trump in national polling averages, and he is up across almost all the battleground states.

Trump faces low job approval ratings, bad marks for his handling of the coronavirus pandemic and an ever-decreasing number of opportunities to change the direction of the race.

The first debate has come and gone, and the second scheduled clash has been canceled. Only one more debate, set for Oct. 22, remains.

No challenger to an incumbent president since Bill Clinton almost 30 years ago has been in such a strong position as Biden with such a short period of time until Election Day.

Still, even Democrats are reluctant to talk out loud about a Biden landslide for fear of jinxing a monumental election or encouraging complacency. Many pundits are also hedging their bets, mindful of the 2016 experience.

The national polls four years ago were — contrary to public perception — not far off the eventual result. But state-level polls, especially in the Rust Belt and the Midwest, went seriously awry.

Democrat Hillary Clinton went into Election Day ahead in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin by 3.4 points, 1.9 points and 6.5 points respectively in the RealClearPolitics (RCP) polling averages. Trump carried all three states.

Trump aide Corey Lewandowski — the president’s first campaign manager in the 2016 cycle, now back on board for the 2020 effort — contended that the polls that year and the media’s coverage of them had amounted to “enormous misinformation.”

In a conference call with reporters Monday morning, Lewandowski said, “Our internal numbers — and we are very confident of where our numbers are — continue to show a very different story” from the public polls.

Still, Biden’s lead in some key battlegrounds is greater than Clinton’s was four years ago. He is about 7 points ahead in the RCP averages in both Michigan and Pennsylvania. He is almost 4 points up in Florida. New polls on Monday from the New York Times-Siena College put Biden ahead by 10 points in Wisconsin and 8 points in Michigan. 

Caution is still the watchword for many experts who acknowledge that the president cannot be counted out. But the flip side — a Biden victory by a thumping margin — is also well within the realms of possibility.

“Neither of the outcomes that looks a bit of a reach right now is out of the question,” said Steve Kornacki, national political correspondent for NBC News and MSNBC. “We are always fighting the last war where everybody remembers the surprise of 2016.

But if you apply that and think — as I think we should — that Trump could win this thing, you have to entertain the other possibility: that Joe Biden could win an emphatic victory.”

Among Democrats, there is acute fear that Trump could pull a surprise for any number of reasons, ranging from voter suppression or intimidation to less mendacious explanations like an unexpectedly high turnout from his supporters.

Biden “is in a very strong position, there is no question about that,” said Mark Mellman, a Democratic pollster who is also a columnist for The Hill. But Mellman added, referring to Trump’s perceived chances of victory, “I have spent most of the last four years trying to remind people that 25 percent events really happen once every four times, and 15 percent chances really do happen about 15 percent of the time.”

Data site FiveThirtyEight gave Trump just a 13 percent chance of prevailing in November as of Monday evening. By contrast, it assessed the chances of Biden winning an Electoral College margin of more than 100 electoral votes at greater than 60 percent.

The Trump campaign highlights a number of factors as to why assessments like that are wrong. They express general skepticism of the polls, especially surveys that do not provide the party identification of respondents or crosstabs with specific demographic information.

They also suggest that some of the voters who will back the president are not being picked up properly by pollsters, perhaps because they are newly registered or are less inclined to declare their support.

Trump’s campaign manager, Bill Stepien, has noted how heavily the president’s 2016 victory rested on rolling up huge margins in the least populous counties of key swing states.

GOP pollster David Winston said that, even with Election Day so close at hand, it is important to be circumspect given the overall political landscape.

“In terms of COVID, the economy with things shut down, and the social unrest, there is a very volatile environment,” Winston noted.

Winston also took issue with the description of Biden as the “favorite” to win the election, noting that polls are snapshots of one moment of time, not a predictor of what could happen three weeks later.

“Biden at this point has the clear advantage, but that is different from the ‘favorite.’ You have one more debate. There are other things that can occur,” he said.

But with just three weeks to go, time is running out for Trump. The president’s main hope, for now, is that the polls are wrong.

If, instead, they are accurate — or even underestimating Democratic support, as was the case in 2012 — Trump is on course for a crushing defeat.

https://thehill.com/homenews/the-memo/520692-the-memo-biden-landslide-creeps-into-view

9 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Nah.  Not even the Democrats can blow it this time.  I think most people have made up their minds, and millions have already voted.

It's AFTER the election that things will get crazy.

Some psephological musings of mine that you might like to think about.  If you are a Democrat and of a nervous disposition, you might wish to note this trigger warning.

As far as polling accuracy goes, Wisconsin was the biggest outlier in 2016.  No opinion poll ever showed a Trump lead, and the polls were inaccurate to a degree well outside accepted margins of error.  The polls in Michigan were also noticeably inaccurate, though less so than in Wisconsin.  Pennsylvania was "a bit unexpected", but the possibility of a Trump win was picked up in a couple of late polls and the polls were within normal margins of error.

Fivethirtyeight currently rates the probability of a Biden win at 87%.  At the same point in the 2016 election fivethirthyeight gave a very similar rating to the Clinton campaign.

Right now, Biden is further ahead nationally than Clinton was at the same stage in 2016.  On average he's leading by 9 percentage points compared to 6 or so for Clinton.  But in the main battleground states (Arizona, Florida, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin) won by Trump in 2016, Biden is slightly behind where Clinton was.  He's leading by an average of 4.9%, compared to her 5.2%.  If Clinton lost those states from that position in the polls, so can Biden. 

Biden has a smaller lead today in Michigan than Clinton had at this stage in the 2016 campaign.  He has a slightly smaller lead than Clinton's in Wisconsin.  He has a slightly bigger lead than Clinton's in Pennsylvania.  Put simply, all three are still in play, and Biden needs to win all three.

Likewise:

Biden's lead in Florida is smaller than Clinton's lead at the same point of the 2016 campaign.  His lead in North Carolina is more or less the same as Clinton's was.  He's marginally ahead in Ohio, whereas Clinton was marginally behind.

Biden does have a slightly bigger poll lead in Arizona than Clinton had - but Trump won Arizona by 3.5% in the end.

Biden is outperforming Clinton in the polls in solid Democratic states like California and New York.  He has also hauled back Trump's popular vote lead in Ohio, Texas, Georgia and a lot of the South, but not by enough to win.  That's why his national opinion poll performance is ahead of his performance in the swing states.

Between this point and election day in 2016, Clinton's lead in the polls shrunk by 5% nationally, and by more than 6.5% in the major battleground states.

If that happens between now and election day in 2020, Trump will win. 

1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

Some psephological musings of mine that you might like to think about.  If you are a Democrat and of a nervous disposition, you might wish to note this trigger warning.

As far as polling accuracy goes, Wisconsin was the biggest outlier in 2016.  No opinion poll ever showed a Trump lead, and the polls were inaccurate to a degree well outside accepted margins of error.  The polls in Michigan were also noticeably inaccurate, though less so than in Wisconsin.  Pennsylvania was "a bit unexpected", but the possibility of a Trump win was picked up in a couple of late polls and the polls were within normal margins of error.

Fivethirtyeight currently rates the probability of a Biden win at 87%.  At the same point in the 2016 election fivethirthyeight gave a very similar rating to the Clinton campaign.

Right now, Biden is further ahead nationally than Clinton was at the same stage in 2016.  On average he's leading by 9 percentage points compared to 6 or so for Clinton.  But in the main battleground states (Arizona, Florida, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin) won by Trump in 2016, Biden is slightly behind where Clinton was.  He's leading by an average of 4.9%, compared to her 5.2%.  If Clinton lost those states from that position in the polls, so can Biden. 

Biden has a smaller lead today in Michigan than Clinton had at this stage in the 2016 campaign.  He has a slightly smaller lead than Clinton's in Wisconsin.  He has a slightly bigger lead than Clinton's in Pennsylvania.  Put simply, all three are still in play, and Biden needs to win all three.

Likewise:

Biden's lead in Florida is smaller than Clinton's lead at the same point of the 2016 campaign.  His lead in North Carolina is more or less the same as Clinton's was.  He's marginally ahead in Ohio, whereas Clinton was marginally behind.

Biden does have a slightly bigger poll lead in Arizona than Clinton had - but Trump won Arizona by 3.5% in the end.

Biden is outperforming Clinton in the polls in solid Democratic states like California and New York.  He has also hauled back Trump's popular vote lead in Ohio, Texas, Georgia and a lot of the South, but not by enough to win.  That's why his national opinion poll performance is ahead of his performance in the swing states.

Between this point and election day in 2016, Clinton's lead in the polls shrunk by 5% nationally, and by more than 6.5% in the major battleground states.

If that happens between now and election day in 2020, Trump will win. 

I think there's one more factor you haven't considered.

2016 election turnout: 55.5%

All pundits are predicting a record turnout because Trump has scared people shitless. They're terrified at the prospect of this maniac consolidating power.

And when you consider he won by a very slim margin indeed last time a record turnout is the last thing he wants. It's exactly why he's been trying to suppress the vote for months.

7 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Today marks nine years.

To quote a very thoughtful friend, “There are, believe it or not, countries in the world that don’t regularly kill children with flying murder bots. We should try being one of those countries for a while.”

A talk by AronRa you might find interesting. I began listening to him some years ago speaking on science and secularism.

Edited by JFK-1

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

I think there's one more factor you haven't considered.

All pundits are predicting a record turnout because Trump has scared people shitless. They're terrified at the prospect of this maniac consolidating power.

And when you consider he won by a very slim margin indeed last time a record turnout is the last thing he wants. It's exactly why he's been trying to suppress the vote for months.

There have been 10 Presidential elections since I reached voting age.

2016 ranks third highest for percentage turnout, which is also why it ranks highest in history for absolute ballot numbers.

Obama's second win - 54.9%

Clinton's second win - 49%

Both parties have won big on low turnouts, and high turnouts.

And I wouldn't be so sure about any hype about record turnout.  There were stories about record levels of early voting in 2016, 2012, and 2008.  They were true, but that didn't fundamentally change the final turnout.  Why?  Because at each election more people are getting their vote out of the way early instead of waiting for the last day.

In the 1950s and 1960s, turnout was typically in the low 60s.  But since 1972 it has been between 49 and 56 percent.  The only election that even hinted at 60% was in 2008, when a wee bit under 59% turned out to vote.

At this election, 55% would be a good solid turnout, 56% would be very good, and 57% would be remarkable. 

Just watched while eating my self made breakfast the news on two different channels, both seeing the other as fake news, a new term raised by Donald Trump. I was quite looking forward to my morning refuelling but that came to a stop with an almost queasy stomach On CNN they are announcing news that Trump received $10 million from a foreign country for election campaign funds, a breach of the law. Off to Fox to watch the the Supreme Court hearings. That ends along come Ted Cruz and  Lindsey Graham, they are extremely angry that Twitter rejected a story about the New York posts allegations that Hunter Biden with his fathers assistance got millions of dollars from Ukraine and China. These two stories are about men running  for the Presidency of the United States, not about two Mafia bosses fighting over territory, although the similarities are almost extreme.

What happened to the days of two men who had no real animosity against each other but were strongly negative about their opponents policies and leadership qualities. What has happened to leadership, Trump is stomping around a country during the worst Pandemic in a hundred years, he is breaking all the rules about disease prevention, meanwhile Biden is appearing at obscure venues and stuttering and wrong wording through these appearances.  They both appeared in a televised debate that was marred by rudeness, childlike behaviour, and expressions like shuttup, which you wouldn.t allow your kids to say at the dinner table. This is not a thing of competition in its usual form its a shameful shambles involving two men who should be having a problem applying for the most menial forms of employment. Meanwhile China is talking about an upcoming war, Russia is sitting on a branch watching its opportunity in Aberbyjan sp. What a terrible world it is becoming, and one at least me has to say the United States as a whole are not doing the world any favors, protests,rioting looting, civil unrest, private armies, racism, ach thats enough.

Nobody needs to say sounds like Bob may be having a bad day, i'll say it I am and these a -holes don't help one iota,

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Now, I may be incorrect here...that's a Capitol offence he's just admitting there..? One that has no statute of limitations...?

:greggy:

:jj_facepalm:

Tennant's  6's
47 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

No big deal, just openly bragging about ordering a hit on an American citizen.

Much like Obama who killed a US citizen with a drone attack like he was just playing a video game..

And that caption underneath, ' If biden wins, the radical left will be running the country' 😂😂

Who's dumb enough to believe that joe 'the status quo' biden is even remotely to the left..

1 minute ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Much like Obama who killed a US citizen with a drone attack like he was just playing a video game..

You've just hit on the core of why this is not as easy of a decision as it looks at first glance.

See this post from the other day . . .

The But Hunter squeals, I want to know how much Giuliani gave the guy who hacked the phone. No doubt Trump's dirty fingers wrote the cheque. and while we're at it who does he owe the $421m to and why did an Egyptian state bank pay him $10m in October 2016? Would also like to know how much Mohammed Bin Salman gave Jarvanka and if Trump took a cut for going easy on killing the journalist in Turkey.

Lmaooooo

Graham is in an extremely close Senate race. Way to go to bat for your Democratic colleague there, Dianne. :rofl:

"Just suck it up and vote for the Democrat, they'll fix everything"

Tennant's  6's
41 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

You've just hit on the core of why this is not as easy of a decision as it looks at first glance.

See this post from the other day . . .

I've seen interviews with folk in Pakistan who have to deal with the constant threat, where they can here the distant buzzing but can't see it, not knowing if somethings gonna get blown to shit. 

The incidiousness of the ruling elite is terrifyingly remarkable.. 

A recent interview with journalist vanessa beeley where she details the involvement of the British foreign office & bbc of war crimes & propaganda re  Syria & their support of ISIS,  Al Qaeda,  white helmets etc is alarming. 

I'd love for someone like Chris Hedges to somehow stand as a genuine third party candidate.  

I'm currently watching The Comey Rule.

Is it sensationalised pish for TV or a fairly accurate account of events?

Just a couple episodes in.

3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

BBC about to do a 3-parter on him

BBC 2 9pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08svdkn

Screenshot_2020-10-15-20-48-31-734_com.android.chrome.png

Top class TV and you despair at the stupidity of a good percentage of the American population and the danger a small minority pose when armed.

If he loses the election lets hope they go after him in any way they can......he deserves investigation at the very least

8 hours ago, Sharpie said:

along come Ted Cruz and  Lindsey Graham, they are extremely angry that Twitter rejected a story about the New York posts allegations that Hunter Biden with his fathers assistance got millions of dollars from Ukraine and China.

Though Trump rants on about "fake news" he's one of the biggest disseminator of fake news and will grasp on to any fake news that suits him.

The New York Post is rated questionable on 'media bias/fact check'.

• Overall we rate the New York Post on the far end of Right-Center Biased due to story selection that typically favors the Right and Mixed (borderline questionable) for factual reporting based on several failed fact checks.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/new-york-post/

MBFCMixed.png

J.T.F.Robertson
3 hours ago, Homme said:

I'm currently watching The Comey Rule.

Is it sensationalised pish for TV or a fairly accurate account of events?

Just a couple episodes in.

Quite enjoyed it but "Trump" when speaking sounded to me like Don Corleone. (possibly intentional)

Donnie doesn't remember, can't recall his last negative covid test, hasn't heard of Qanon nuts but somehow knows their agenda. Nutjob. 

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

So does Trump know anything about QAnon or not? :biggrin2:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54551058

Just watched that on the news, any time he is asked a question about something where people have strong feelings he knows nothing. David Duke, Epstein, Q Anon, he knows nothing or nobody. He doesn't even know when he had a Covid test, asked if he had one prior to the last debate, I don't know the doctors done something I don't know, you get a stick rammed up your nose and you don't know, or if the system has been improved every time you get one that would jolt your memory on how it used to be. He has often stated he was tested every day, he now says that was not so, so it was a direct lie, he has the bestest memory in the world, bit cannae remember nothin. Gee I wish my old Hielan mother was alive I would love to hear how she would have characterised and named him. 

@Ulysses Thanks for all the stats, and a bucket of cold water on my unbridled enthusiasm at the prospect of an end to the Trump administration. His cult will live on regardless.

There are a couple of aphorisms that apply here: the only poll that matters is on election day, and three weeks is a long time in politics.

Nevertheless, I watch the unseemly haste in which the Republicans are scrambling to get Trump's neo-Nazi nomination appointed to the SCOTUS before election day, and I assume that to mean that they are not confident that Il Duce will be re-elected.

I'm also betting that a majority of the American voters will have finally recognised that Trump is unsuitable even for the post of Jackass-in-Chief of Shithole City, Alabama, and will consign this embarrassing four years to the garbage can of history. 

But it wouldn't surprise me if I'm wrong. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

There are a couple of aphorisms that apply here: the only poll that matters is on election day, and three weeks is a long time in politics.

One important nuance. Election Day is already here (or already past) for a lot of people. Something like 17 million people have already voted. Every day that passes without a major change in the race is a pretty good day for Biden.

4 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

One important nuance. Election Day is already here (or already past) for a lot of people. Something like 17 million people have already voted. Every day that passes without a major change in the race is a pretty good day for Biden.

I like your thinking, especially in a swing state.  Go Michigan!

John Gentleman
14 hours ago, JackLadd said:

The But Hunter squeals, I want to know how much Giuliani gave the guy who hacked the phone. No doubt Trump's dirty fingers wrote the cheque. and while we're at it who does he owe the $421m to and why did an Egyptian state bank pay him $10m in October 2016? Would also like to know how much Mohammed Bin Salman gave Jarvanka and if Trump took a cut for going easy on killing the journalist in Turkey.

Deutsche Bank, the majority. Secured by 'personal guarantees' apparently. I'm struggling to think of what he owns personally as most of his flagstuff shit is incorporated. His wispy remains of hair, mebbes?

4 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

Deutsche Bank, the majority. Secured by 'personal guarantees' apparently. I'm struggling to think of what he owns personally as most of his flagstuff shit is incorporated. His wispy remains of hair, mebbes?

Of course he's legit! His wealth is "off the radar" 🙂

John Gentleman
3 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Of course he's legit! His wealth is "off the radar" 🙂

So far off the radar, it disnae exist. Sod his tax returns, let's see his his balance sheet. I'm guessing that with Covid his 'leisure' assets (ie, everything) would have suffered serious write-downs. For example, his 2 x golf courses in Scotland (and 1 x in Ireland) have always bled cash, and that was before Covid kicked in.  He's one of those self-proclaimed billionaires on paper – until the debts are called in. Also, if he's defeated, I'd imagine the IRS would sharply conclude their lengthy audit and things will go shit-shaped for him very quickly. 

How can one man con so many for so long? Because 43% are just plain dumb??

4 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

So far off the radar, it disnae exist. Sod his tax returns, let's see his his balance sheet. I'm guessing that with Covid his 'leisure' assets (ie, everything) would have suffered serious write-downs. For example, his 2 x golf courses in Scotland (and 1 x in Ireland) have always bled cash, and that was before Covid kicked in.  He's one of those self-proclaimed billionaires on paper – until the debts are called in. Also, if he's defeated, I'd imagine the IRS would sharply conclude their lengthy audit and things will go shit-shaped for him very quickly. 

How can one man con so many for so long? Because 43% are just plain dumb??

It was a call back to a Daily Record article bumming up Craig White prior to his takeover of Rangers way back painting him as a Billionaire with "off the radar" wealth. That turned out to be as fake as Donald's supposed wealth too I reckon 👍

Kalamazoo Jambo
9 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I like your thinking, especially in a swing state.  Go Michigan!

Here's hoping. Got our ballots sitting on the dining room table awaiting posting!

So Trump managed to retweet about Twitter being shut down so negative tweets about Biden’s performance wouldn’t be visible. 
Totally missing the fact it came from a satirical source. 

A Boy Named Crow
1 hour ago, RobboM said:

It was a call back to a Daily Record article bumming up Craig White prior to his takeover of Rangers way back painting him as a Billionaire with "off the radar" wealth. That turned out to be as fake as Donald's supposed wealth too I reckon 👍

I've always thought the wording was a  mistake.  Off the radar doesn't mean big,  it means hidden, off the radar of whom, HMRC?

I think the Record "journalist" meant off the chart. But hey ho, 'twas a long time ago now.

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)