U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

4 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Was just think back to the beginning of the pandemic. February 26th when 15 cases were reported; Trump said.

“You have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero,”

September 13th.

6,706,000 cases. Presumably soon to be close to zero. Like a miracle.

When it hit 1 million cases Trump was questioned by a reporter about his February 26th prediction. He responded.

“Well, it will go down to zero, ultimately,” 

The wisdom of Trump.

Some folk would have the cases reach 350m in the USA and 67m over here. Then we'd have no new cases and the eradication of the weak. (Even tho, you can catch it time and again) Shocking mindset. 

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Some folk would have the cases reach 350m in the USA and 67m over here. Then we'd have no new cases and the eradication of the weak. (Even tho, you can catch it time and again) Shocking mindset. 

Trump is simply incapable of ever admitting to being wrong about anything. It's a prominent feature of his narcissism. While the argument i'm about to present is totally useless to anyone in relation to the pandemic he would use it to insist he was right.

One day the cases will indeed be zero, but the chances are that may only be when all life on the planet is extinct. Such as when when the Sun goes red giant and consumes the Earth which is a guaranteed future event.

An individual like Trump would actually use such reasoning to insist they were right. As for what really matters, that being while humans are still around, I don't think he has the IQ to consider this may be like saying flu cases will one day be zero.

We all know that's not going to be happening. And the chances are covid-19 will be the same. An endemic infection we're just going to have to come to terms with. That being the case cases will never be zero.

7 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Trump is simply incapable of ever admitting to being wrong about anything. It's a prominent feature of his narcissism. While the argument i'm about to present is totally useless to anyone in relation to the pandemic he would use it to insist he was right.

One day the cases will indeed be zero, but the chances are that may only be when all life on the planet is extinct. Such as when when the Sun goes red giant and consumes the Earth which is a guaranteed future event.

An individual like Trump would actually use such reasoning to insist they were right. As for what really matters, that being while humans are still around, I don't think he has the IQ to consider this may be like saying flu cases will one day be zero.

We all know that's not going to be happening. And the chances are covid-19 will be the same. An endemic infection we're just going to have to come to terms with. That being the case cases will never be zero.

He had another rally didn't he. Going against all regulations. He's the biggest danger to world peace in my life time. 

That didn't happen

And if it did, it wasn't that bad

And if it was, that's not a big deal

And if it is, it wasn't my fault

And if it was, I didn't mean it

And if I did, you deserved it.

The Narcissist Prayer, and Donald Trump's personal code of conduct.

30 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

118595380_10157728709133129_4314519990796179359_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=MkOPqSeIz3MAX_7dD8y&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=10ab09e86cee863e5f4b8c0102db5794&oe=5F83BD14

Saw an article recently in which it was suggested that Trump is now beginning to lose the evangelicals too. I found it peculiar that it took until this very late stage for them to make such a decision. And the reasoning. The cruelty of Trump.

What exactly has Trump done recently that was any worse than his behaviour from all the way back to the 2016 campaign? Which included pussy grabbing, paying off hookers, blatant racism compounded by blatant dog whistling to racists and neo nazis, strong links to a hostile foreign power, open admiration of murderous dictators, on and on.

Maybe they would have supported Hitler right till the last gasp. When he poisoned his dog with the Russians at the gate.

Jake Tapper SHUTS DOWN interview after Trump adviser refuses to answer basic question.

Note also he starts with the same old irrelevant drivel about "this virus that came in from the Chinese communist party, let's not forget where this started"

That in response to a question about Trump lying to the people regarding the threat of the virus. Forget Trumps lying about how much more deadly than flu it is, how dangerous it is, and his failure to deal with it as effectively as other nations. The important thing is where it came from.

They should have people like this presenter moderating any Biden Trump debate. Just respond with okay you're not answering the question let's move on to another to see if you can answer that.

15 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Needs taken out. 

For the sake of normal people's sanity, someone should slap duct-tape over the nitwit's mouth.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Jake Tapper SHUTS DOWN interview after Trump adviser refuses to answer basic question.

Note also he starts with the same old irrelevant drivel about "this virus that came in from the Chinese communist party, let's not forget where this started"

That in response to a question about Trump lying to the people regarding the threat of the virus. Forget Trumps lying about how much more deadly than flu it is, how dangerous it is, and his failure to deal with it as effectively as other nations. The important thing is where it came from.

They should have people like this presenter moderating any Biden Trump debate. Just respond with okay you're not answering the question let's move on to another to see if you can answer that.

That Navarro is particularly horrible, lying, piece of shit. Never seen him answer a question yet.

1 hour ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

That Navarro is particularly horrible, lying, piece of shit. Never seen him answer a question yet.

The whiny core of Trumpism

Few Trump White House members have survived the administration’s tumult as well as Peter Navarro. The economics professor and failed California political candidate is officially the director of the Office of Trade and Manufacturing Policy; unofficially, he has elbowed his way into the government’s coronavirus response.

As The Post reported earlier this month, two coronavirus-related contracts Navarro championed are under internal scrutiny, yet his position appears to remain secure because of “his one true ally: President Trump.”

That should be no surprise: When you strip away the glitz that inherited money can buy, Navarro embodies the whiny core of Trumpism.

From the moment Navarro appeared on CNN’s “State of the Union” on Sunday, it was clear he hadn’t agreed to this question-and-answer session to actually answer questions.

When host Jake Tapper opened by inquiring about the administration’s response to the West Coast wildfires, Navarro had other priorities in mind.

“Before we get started ... I would really like to congratulate President Trump on being nominated for the peace prize, the Nobel Peace Prize,” he said, before rattling off a list of the president’s groundbreaking work like “relative stability on the Korean Peninsula.”

Tapper steered the interview back to the fires, and specifically their relationship to climate change. It was an obvious question, since as Tapper pointed out, Navarro co-wrote a paper 20 years ago that called climate change “one of the most important environmental problems of our time.”

So, asked Tapper, “is anyone at the White House listening to you on this issue?” Navarro stammered, “Look, I’m not — that’s not my expertise, Jake. And, really, I came here to talk about a lot of things. … That was the last on my list.”

Yes, the wildfires that have burned millions of acres of land and killed 33 people at last count were the last thing this White House wanted to discuss.

Instead, Navarro urged Tapper turn to the revelations from Bob Woodward’s new book, a request the host was only too happy to oblige. Tapper played two clips, the first a recording of Trump telling Woodward on Feb. 7 that the coronavirus is far deadlier than the flu, the second a video of the president then saying the opposite to CNN’s Sanjay Gupta later that month. “He was misleading the American people, why?” asked Tapper.

First, Navarro tried to change the subject to giving the president credit for the China travel ban, claiming Trump was “called a xenophobe and a racist by Joe Biden … who later had to apologize.” When Tapper jumped in to point out neither of those allegations were true, Navarro replied, “Well, you’re wrong.”

And then it became clear why Navarro was so eager to talk about the coronavirus: “On Feb. 7, President Trump talks to Woodward. What happens on Feb. 9?

This is the most important thing. A memo — I write a memo that goes out to the task force here that basically outlines President Trump’s strategy for dealing with the virus.” Yes, Navarro wanted to defend something as indefensible as the White House’s pandemic response because he wanted to highlight his contribution.

Nevertheless, again and again Tapper tried to get Navarro to answer the question. Again and again, Navarro dodged. Finally, when Tapper said, “He was not honest with the American people,” Navarro snapped, “You’re not honest with the American people. CNN is not honest with the American people.”

At that point, Tapper ended the interview. “I would just like to remind the American people watching,” said Tapper, “that the United States has less than 5 percent of the world’s population, and the United States has more than 20 percent of the world’s coronavirus deaths.

That is a fact. It does not matter how many times he insults CNN.”

Superficially, Navarro’s appearance was another television interview gone off the rails — uncommon, but not unheard of. But what makes the wreck instructive for understanding the Trump era is Navarro’s combination of schoolyard insults with demands for credit for faux accomplishments. It mirrored his boss.

Trump, because of his office and his inherited wealth, has been able to dress up that combination in all sorts of gild and glitz and yes-men. But take all that away, and you’re left with an angry man wanting everyone to know he won the nonexistent “Bay of Pigs” award. When Trump was a wannabe mogul, that sort of thing was funny. Now, it’s just sad.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/09/13/whiny-core-trumpism/

So Trump among all his other talents is now a weather forecaster. Probably knows more about weather than anybody.

President Trump has dismissed concerns over climate change on a visit to fire-ravaged California, telling an official there it would "start getting cooler".

US West Coast fires: Trump fans flames of climate row in California

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
7 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

The whiny core of Trumpism

Few Trump White House members have survived the administration’s tumult as well as Peter Navarro. The economics professor and failed California political candidate is officially the director of the Office of Trade and Manufacturing Policy; unofficially, he has elbowed his way into the government’s coronavirus response.

As The Post reported earlier this month, two coronavirus-related contracts Navarro championed are under internal scrutiny, yet his position appears to remain secure because of “his one true ally: President Trump.”

That should be no surprise: When you strip away the glitz that inherited money can buy, Navarro embodies the whiny core of Trumpism.

From the moment Navarro appeared on CNN’s “State of the Union” on Sunday, it was clear he hadn’t agreed to this question-and-answer session to actually answer questions.

When host Jake Tapper opened by inquiring about the administration’s response to the West Coast wildfires, Navarro had other priorities in mind.

“Before we get started ... I would really like to congratulate President Trump on being nominated for the peace prize, the Nobel Peace Prize,” he said, before rattling off a list of the president’s groundbreaking work like “relative stability on the Korean Peninsula.”

Tapper steered the interview back to the fires, and specifically their relationship to climate change. It was an obvious question, since as Tapper pointed out, Navarro co-wrote a paper 20 years ago that called climate change “one of the most important environmental problems of our time.”

So, asked Tapper, “is anyone at the White House listening to you on this issue?” Navarro stammered, “Look, I’m not — that’s not my expertise, Jake. And, really, I came here to talk about a lot of things. … That was the last on my list.”

Yes, the wildfires that have burned millions of acres of land and killed 33 people at last count were the last thing this White House wanted to discuss.

Instead, Navarro urged Tapper turn to the revelations from Bob Woodward’s new book, a request the host was only too happy to oblige. Tapper played two clips, the first a recording of Trump telling Woodward on Feb. 7 that the coronavirus is far deadlier than the flu, the second a video of the president then saying the opposite to CNN’s Sanjay Gupta later that month. “He was misleading the American people, why?” asked Tapper.

First, Navarro tried to change the subject to giving the president credit for the China travel ban, claiming Trump was “called a xenophobe and a racist by Joe Biden … who later had to apologize.” When Tapper jumped in to point out neither of those allegations were true, Navarro replied, “Well, you’re wrong.”

And then it became clear why Navarro was so eager to talk about the coronavirus: “On Feb. 7, President Trump talks to Woodward. What happens on Feb. 9?

This is the most important thing. A memo — I write a memo that goes out to the task force here that basically outlines President Trump’s strategy for dealing with the virus.” Yes, Navarro wanted to defend something as indefensible as the White House’s pandemic response because he wanted to highlight his contribution.

Nevertheless, again and again Tapper tried to get Navarro to answer the question. Again and again, Navarro dodged. Finally, when Tapper said, “He was not honest with the American people,” Navarro snapped, “You’re not honest with the American people. CNN is not honest with the American people.”

At that point, Tapper ended the interview. “I would just like to remind the American people watching,” said Tapper, “that the United States has less than 5 percent of the world’s population, and the United States has more than 20 percent of the world’s coronavirus deaths.

That is a fact. It does not matter how many times he insults CNN.”

Superficially, Navarro’s appearance was another television interview gone off the rails — uncommon, but not unheard of. But what makes the wreck instructive for understanding the Trump era is Navarro’s combination of schoolyard insults with demands for credit for faux accomplishments. It mirrored his boss.

Trump, because of his office and his inherited wealth, has been able to dress up that combination in all sorts of gild and glitz and yes-men. But take all that away, and you’re left with an angry man wanting everyone to know he won the nonexistent “Bay of Pigs” award. When Trump was a wannabe mogul, that sort of thing was funny. Now, it’s just sad.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/09/13/whiny-core-trumpism/

Good article, and whiny is a perfect description of Navarro and the UK/US right wing in general. He reminds me of Phil Daniels' character in Scum - a sneaky, sap of a man, who hides behind his master. Grant Schapps (or Michael Greene, whatever alias he goes by this week) is the Tory version. In my opinion (Kay Burley treated Schapps with as much disdain as Tapper did with Navarro, in an interview area months back).

Freudian Slip?

The 'Trump Make America Great Again Commitee' ran an ad which has since been withdrawn, urging people to 'support our troops'.

The only problem was that the stock photo they used had Russian MiG-29's in it & a soldier carrying an AK-74.  :rofl:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/14/trump-ad-asks-people-to-support-the-troops-but-it-uses-a-picture-of-russian-jets-414883

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Freudian Slip?

The 'Trump Make America Great Again Commitee' ran an ad which has since been withdrawn, urging people to 'support our troops'.

The only problem was that the stock photo they used had Russian MiG-29's in it & a soldier carrying an AK-74.  :rofl:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/14/trump-ad-asks-people-to-support-the-troops-but-it-uses-a-picture-of-russian-jets-414883

:pleasing:

4 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Actual thick as **** plastic piece of shit country. 

That attitude towards America seems to have become increasingly prevalent in the last four years.

I doubt if that's what Trump had in mind with his MAGA nonsense. Yet he and his acolytes continue to spout it, although some fans have altered it to "Keep America Great."  Yeah, right.

15 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

That attitude towards America seems to have become increasingly prevalent in the last four years.

I doubt if that's what Trump had in mind with his MAGA nonsense. Yet he and his acolytes continue to spout it, although some fans have altered it to "Keep America Great."  Yeah, right.

I used to work for an organisation that was taken over by an American set-up. I had/have good relationships with a number of my colleagues stateside. They're largely of the professional classes and like to do the sorts of things I like to do (music, drinking, cycling, taking the p155 out of each other) and you would never guess that they live in such a ****ed up place. We rarely touched on politics but they are mighty embarrassed if conversation turns to Trump; although if it's me or my Brit colleagues taking the p155, they're quick to come back with Brexit-related p155-take. 

Only one of them that I worked with carried a gun. A proper inadequate, he was. He didn't enjoy being teased about it but foamed at the mouth about it being the second amendment. He carried the effing thing in the office which had plenty of security and was in a business park in the middle of nowhere. I could never figure out what threat he perceived.

5 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I used to work for an organisation that was taken over by an American set-up. I had/have good relationships with a number of my colleagues stateside. They're largely of the professional classes and like to do the sorts of things I like to do (music, drinking, cycling, taking the p155 out of each other) and you would never guess that they live in such a ****ed up place. We rarely touched on politics but they are mighty embarrassed if conversation turns to Trump; although if it's me or my Brit colleagues taking the p155, they're quick to come back with Brexit-related p155-take. 

Only one of them that I worked with carried a gun. A proper inadequate, he was. He didn't enjoy being teased about it but foamed at the mouth about it being the second amendment. He carried the effing thing in the office which had plenty of security and was in a business park in the middle of nowhere. I could never figure out what threat he perceived.

In that example, there was no threat.  I believe, that with some of them, it helps offset a sense of personal inadequacy.

1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

In that example, there was no threat.  I believe, that with some of them, it helps offset a sense of personal inadequacy.

A point which I made to him. Teenypeeny.

1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

I’m a member of a watch (Timepieces) group On Facebook and the group admins had to clamp down on Americans posting photos of their watches and guns together as an “every day carry”. Some of them got very huffy about it and didn’t understand people from other countries found it distasteful. 

1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

A point which I made to him. Teenypeeny.

:rofl:

I wasn't thinking of that so much, more along the lines of making a wimpy guy feel like a tough guy.

40 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

:rofl:

I wasn't thinking of that so much, more along the lines of making a wimpy guy feel like a tough guy.

There was definitely that as well. This guy kept his gun concealed under his tanktop. 

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

He carried the effing thing in the office which had plenty of security and was in a business park in the middle of nowhere. I could never figure out what threat he perceived.

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

I’m a member of a watch (Timepieces) group On Facebook and the group admins had to clamp down on Americans posting photos of their watches and guns together as an “every day carry”. Some of them got very huffy about it and didn’t understand people from other countries found it distasteful. 

There was a huge outcry a few years back when Texas became an open carry state, which essentially means you can walk down the street with your gun on show. 

The thing is, unless you are just walking down the street, the whole thing is pointless because there's very few places you can carry a gun inside regardless of what permit you have - bars, restaurants, shopping malls, libraries, public buildings, offices - basically anywhere you might actually want to go. 

In other words, nothing actually changed. Didn't see guns on the streets before, still don't now. 

Edited by trotter

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

An Evangelical pastor is urging Christians to mobilise for civil war to fight left-wing activists.

https://www.newsweek.com/evangelical-pastor-urges-christians-mobilize-fight-civil-war-against-left-wing-activists-1531827

The country is going to hell in a hand basket. 

Pretty much everything I'd expect from the racist Evangelicals. Apart from Jesus using the word gonna.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
8 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Freudian Slip?

Reminds me of the BNP using pictures of Polish spitfires in their propaganda leaflets.

https://metro.co.uk/2009/03/04/bnp-anti-immigrant-battle-for-britain-poster-uses-polish-spitfire-506102/

I got my Green Card approval today, only taken 18 months. Guess I can now start telling people how I really feel about Donald boy... :rofl:

1 hour ago, trotter said:

I got my Green Card approval today, only taken 18 months. Guess I can now start telling people how I really feel about Donald boy... :rofl:

In Texas?  I'd be careful about that. :peepwall:

Trump announced today that the aluminum tariffs he imposed on Canada in August are being removed again.

Let's see now ... earlier in his presidency it was tariffs imposed then tariffs removed.  This year it was tariffs imposed again then tariffs removed again.  It's good to see the US has a coherent approach to trade.

12 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Trump announced today that the aluminum tariffs he imposed on Canada in August are being removed again.

Let's see now ... earlier in his presidency it was tariffs imposed then tariffs removed.  This year it was tariffs imposed again then tariffs removed again.  It's good to see the US has a coherent approach to trade.

i wonder if he learned the hokey cokey just after he entered the white house?

8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i wonder if he learned the hokey cokey just after he entered the white house?

I hope so because that's what it's all about.

33 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

In Texas?  I'd be careful about that. :peepwall:

Not as much as you may think...

Remember, the vast majority of the state are Texans first, Americans second.

7 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

There was definitely that as well. This guy kept his gun concealed under his tanktop

That actually tells you everything you need to know about the limpdick.

:robboyas:Tanktop

Just watched Anderson Cooper interview Bob Woodward.  Woodward comes over very honest, very well.He got some interesting comments from Trump. I thought finally hen Trump came up with something and said I was told by two people, Woodward asked who are they, Trump had no answer, he uses that tactic all the time I spoke to a friend on the phone, two people told me, all imaginary characters. The man is and it may be he is the only President being precisely quoted, but having one myself I can recognise a gutter mouth fairly easily. How anyone can vote for Trump for any position beats me all to hell.

10 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

There was definitely that as well. This guy kept his gun concealed under his tanktop. 

I can't stand that kind and have a suspicion some or maybe even many are psychopaths desperate for an excuse to shoot somebody. I encountered one in a Walmart one day and he confirmed all my suspicions about this kind or at the very least certainly him.

He had heard me speaking to an assistant while I was asking where I could find a specific product and concluded I was British which seemed to fascinate him. So he's asking me where exactly in Britain I come from then quickly wants to talk about guns.

Informs me he never goes anywhere without a gun. Has one in a shoulder holster under his jacket. Sleeps with one under his pillow and another in a drawer nearby.

I informed him British people don't have guns they're outlawed and then gets the spiel about being at the power of the government. A wacko with a 6 shooter ready to take on the US military and their missile firing drones.

But anyway he eventually starts talking about all the creatures he shoots which is pretty much absolutely anything that comes in range. Squirrels, raccoons, skunks, armadillos, any bird, anything.

This nut absolutely loves killing anything he can anytime he can. He shoots into trees if he can hear something rustling away in there but can't see it. Could be a kid for all he knows but he goes right ahead. Can't miss a chance to possibly kill something.

Another of his favourites is shooting "stray dogs". Now all around here I frequently see flyers stuck to lamp posts etc with pictures of missing dogs. If you see this dog call this number. And that's what this psycho is shooting. Lost dogs.

Now even if I saw a dog which I concluded wasn't lost but a real homeless stray i'm not going to shoot it. I'm going to either take it to a shelter or adopt it.

Even if it were rabid and I had to I would derive nothing but pain not pleasure from killing a dog. But this psycho clearly loves killing these dogs and anything else that crosses his path.

That's the way I view huge numbers of these gun nuts. Psychopaths. And believe you me huge numbers of them are dreaming of getting an excuse to shoot a human being. I don't need to be a psychologist to see that in them.

Edited by JFK-1

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I can't stand that kind and have a suspicion some or maybe even many are psychopaths desperate for an excuse to shoot somebody. I encountered one in a Walmart one day and he confirmed all my suspicions about this kind or at the very least certainly him.

He had heard me speaking to an assistant while I was asking where I could find a specific product and concluded I was British which seemed to fascinate him. So he's asking me where exactly in Britain I come from then quickly wants to talk about guns.

Informs me he never goes anywhere without a gun. Has one in a shoulder holster under his jacket. Sleeps with one under his pillow and another in a drawer nearby.

I informed him British people don't have guns they're outlawed and then gets the spiel about being at the power of the government. A wacko with a 6 shooter ready to take on the US military and their missile firing drones.

But anyway he eventually starts talking about all the creatures he shoots which is pretty much absolutely anything that comes in range. Squirrels, raccoons, skunks, armadillos, any bird, anything.

This nut absolutely loves killing anything he can anytime he can. He shoots into trees if he can hear something rustling away in there but can't see it. Could be a kid for all he knows but he goes right ahead. Can't miss a chance to possibly kill something.

Another of his favourites is shooting "stray dogs". Now all around here I frequently see flyers stuck to lamp posts etc with pictures of missing dogs. If you see this dog call this number. And that's what this psycho is shooting. Lost dogs.

Now even if I saw a dog which I concluded wasn't lost but a real homeless stray i'm not going to shoot it. I'm going to either take it to a shelter or adopt it.

Even if it were rabid and I had to I would derive nothing but pain not pleasure from killing a dog. But this psycho clearly loves killing these dogs and anything else that crosses his path.

That's the way I view huge numbers of these gun nuts. Psychopaths. And believe you me huge numbers of them are dreaming of getting an excuse to shoot a human being. I don't need to be a psychologist to see that in them.

You met Eric Trump in Walmart?

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

His mum and dad are probably buried in the basement. 

There's a thing, why do all these nutters have basements, or am I watching too many films. :D

Anyway... Hopefully some day soon, a pack of wolves will Karma his gun abusing ass. 

"Herd Mentality will make covid go away"

a) It's Herd Immunity ya dick.

b) There is no proof that herd immunity works with covid-19.

c) Going back to normal and hoping for the best is going to kill hundreds of thousands more people.

8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

His mum and dad are probably buried in the basement. 

There's a thing, why do all these nutters have basements, or am I watching too many films. :D

Anyway... Hopefully some day soon, a pack of wolves will Karma his gun abusing ass. 

Almost all houses in North America have basements.  It's where the furnace and water heater are installed.  They're usually quite spacious and often divided into rooms, so they can be used for extra storage space, spare bedrooms, etc. 

In rare cases, people will chain a troublesome relative to a wall for several years.  Because they're in the basement, their cries for help can't be heard by the neighbours. That's rare though as it tends to make the house more difficult to sell, when the time comes.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)