U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

Trump called the press the enemy of the people on Twitter again this morning.

It's one of the most disturbing things he does and has done right since the 2016 campaign. And he does a lot of disturbing stuff. Not only is it classic authoritarianism he has actually directed the entire aggressive crowd towards a single NBC woman reporter at a rally calling her a liar..

She felt threatened. She has this entire crowd looking at her booing and much more. As I like to say, what if Obama had done that? To a Fox journalist.

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Trump is ****ed if a Democrat wins the next election, or even the one after that if he somehow wins the next one.

The case against him in NY is key.  Bill Barr is trying his best to **** up all the investigations, but he can only do so much.  Hopefully Barr gets pulled up about it all too.

Trump knows he is ****ed as soon as he is out of power, which is why he is somehow still managing to ramp up his crazy bullshit.   I would expect some even more wild stuff before November.

The crazy thing is, we won't even hear about half the dodgy shit they all get upto.

It's been predicted by many respected commentators that the last thing he will do before being dragged out of the office will be to pardon himself. Though I don't know if that's possible for crimes he hasn't already been charged with.

Mueller appeared to infer he was holding a lot back because he knew it was impossible to lay charges on a sitting president. And who knows what Ghislaine Maxwell has to say if angling for a deal.

Evidence he watches the Lincoln project videos which I never doubted. This is a man who it's been reported they can't get to read a report unless they litter it with his name.

He's a self obsessed sociopathic narcissist who doesn't have the mentality to ignore anything even mentioning him.

Threatening to ban Tik Tok in the US unless it's sold to an American company by the end of the week.

:vrface:

New York DA files subpoena for 8 years of Trump's taxes and bank statements as part of an investigation into banking fraud.

:jj:

The whole patriot to the flag thing....I lived 10 years in the US and there was a small element of 'brainwashing' but at the same time I admired how they loved their country and were patriotic towards that.  I don't think there's anything wrong with that as I seperate it from the politics.  Nothing wrong with being proud about your country...when you cross the line then that's a different story.

Anyway - not Trump related as I think he's a dangerous, racist xenophope who has set a great country years back.

The Manhattan district attorney's probe involving U.S. President Donald Trump is not limited to so-called hush-money payments made to two women in 2016 by his former lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen, according to a court filing on Monday.

Jambos_1874
55 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Surely to God this is fake.

He is absolutely mental and refuses to listen or accept facts.Completely deluded.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

I think this just proves that he's so out of touch with what is really going on in America, the man is a complete fool.

12 hours ago, Cade said:

Threatening to ban Tik Tok in the US unless it's sold to an American company by the end of the week.

:vrface:

New York DA files subpoena for 8 years of Trump's taxes and bank statements as part of an investigation into banking fraud.

:jj:

And he is now saying the US (and probably he) should get a cut of the sale.

It really is bewildering.

As noted by a lawyer, that's mafia behavior.  Something Trump has been accused of for years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53633315

4 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Saturday Night Live have certainly stepped up their level of Trump impersonators.

4 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Deep down somewhere in side, I hope the guy has a conscience and this is all just a front. 

2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Full interview. 

Just watched it.

Holy ****

Obviously already know he is nuts, but watching him just deny and lie like that is stark.

Apart from his obvious mental health issues and deep narcissism, I think the main thing is that he just doesn't have the intelligence for politics.  I think that's where the danger comes in.  He just can't see anything past how it would affect his self interest. 

He is ****ed in November.

Edited by Lovecraft

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Deep down somewhere in side, I hope the guy has a conscience and this is all just a front. 

His whole life has revolved around one thing, Donald John Trump, that's all that matters, that's all he cares about, except grabbing the odd pussy now and then.

So no he doesn't have a conscience.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

A man with a spreadsheet but no understanding of events : "we're lower than the world !". 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

4 hours ago, alfajambo said:

As Joe goes, it looks like DT v HRC mk2.

Same outcome I suppose, if the Dems don’t cheat.

Aye, right enough, the only way the worst president in living memory can lose is if the Dems cheat.  Got it!

10 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

The Manhattan district attorney's probe involving U.S. President Donald Trump is not limited to so-called hush-money payments made to two women in 2016 by his former lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen, according to a court filing on Monday.

We should not forget that this is a STATE investigation.  When Trump pardon's himself, as he surely will before being dragged out of the White House, he can only pardon himself of FEDERAL crimes.

35 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

A man with a spreadsheet but no understanding of events : "we're lower than the world !". 

Trump's performance was an embarrassment to all Americans.  Or should have been.

The thing that struck me most about that interview was how uncomfortable Trump looked.  He sat there, waving around sheets of paper supplied to him by his staff, arguing ineffectively about statistics.  He was so uninformed on that one subject that he couldn't speak about it without shuffling through his papers.

I contrast that with the interviews of Putin by Oliver Stone a couple of years ago.  Putin was impressive, debating any point on any subject that Stone brought up, and doing so in a calm, convincing manner without reference to any notes.

When it comes to world leaders, Trump is a schoolboy among adults.

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

Trump's performance was an embarrassment to all Americans.  Or should have been.

The thing that struck me most about that interview was how uncomfortable Trump looked.  He sat there, waving around sheets of paper supplied to him by his staff, arguing ineffectively about statistics.  He was so uninformed on that one subject that he couldn't speak about it without shuffling through his papers.

I contrast that with the interviews of Putin by Oliver Stone a couple of years ago.  Putin was impressive, debating any point on any subject that Stone brought up, and doing so in a calm, convincing manner without reference to any notes.

Absolutely, but equally I thought the interviewer looked very uncomfortable too, as if he just had a "Jesus Christ, he's actually dumber than he looks " moment. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

That's a bit unfair on schoolboys. :lol:

The comparison to Putin is great, though. I'm guessing Xi would be similar.

Compare them to Trump and Johnson, both of whom can barely communicate in their own language. Johnson is that bad, Downing Street are considering bringing in a White House style press conference, with  UK version of Kayleigh McEnany.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53568610

5 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Cats at vets today for annual boosters and vet was American saying thank god she lives in Scotland just now.

I said I'd be wary of commenting dependent on her own American political leaning.

'Unfortunately most of my family are Republicans that will continue to vote for them, come what may.  Not even once to get rid of Trump'

Mac_fae_Gillie
13 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Trumps point is completely mute.. He has constantly stated USA does a higher rate of testing, thus they would find a higher percentage of those with the virus as the death rate would stay same your finding a steady figure in a higher figure, if testing was reduced(like he wants) you would find less cases but the death rate would increase as spread increases unchecked  thus a higher death rate in a lower virus count. European nations hit early on had a low testing ability and high death rate hence they elevated death rate percentage of cases discovered.

Even if you simply went by excess deaths above the average, the USA looks to be doing shite.

Trump can't get out of this no matter how much he blusters.

56 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Cats at vets today for annual boosters and vet was American saying thank god she lives in Scotland just now.

I said I'd be wary of commenting dependent on her own American political leaning.

'Unfortunately most of my family are Republicans that will continue to vote for them, come what may.  Not even once to get rid of Trump'

That appears to be the case with Trump's base, which seems to be about 35% of the electorate.  There is nothing that Trump could say or do that would make them vote for Biden.

20 minutes ago, Cade said:

Even if you simply went by excess deaths above the average, the USA looks to be doing shite.

Trump can't get out of this no matter how much he blusters.

The USA is doing poorly regardless of what statistic Trump wants to use.

In that interview, Trump was focusing on the Case Fatality Rate, which measures the number of deaths among those who've caught the virus.  The generally  accepted measurement around the world is the Mortality Rate, which is expressed as the number of deaths per 100,000 population.  The Case Fatality Rate makes the USA look better than the Mortality Rate, so Trump obviously wants to talk about that.

But he can't avoid the tragic truth ... there have been 5 million cases and 160,000 deaths in the USA and both numbers are expected to rise dramatically in the weeks ahead.  This happened on his watch when he was in charge of the federal response to the pandemic.  It's all on him.

He was actually trying to blame Obama for not having Covid-19 tests.

Saying the previous administration left him with no tests ready to use.

:rofl:

It's becoming ever more obvious that somebody smarter than Trump is, that could be almost anybody, has informed him he can't win this election if people vote. Thus the strategy becomes attempting to hinder voting.

And since that's all he has left we can expect the attempt to ramp up. Already been threats to close post office centres or even defund the post office entirely.

It's an open attack on American democracy we expect to see nowhere but in developing countries headed by tin pot dictators. I so want to see this simple minded criminal in jail.

donald-trump-in-jail.jpg

Planning to close several polling stations (yes, really)

Planning to defund and delay the post office to hinder postal votes.

Claims the vote will be rigged. 

Yes mate, you're rigging it.

The Internet

So he's just outright calling this an attack. 

Can just imagine their big ****ing dumb American thought processes on something like this. 'it was an explosion of course it was deliberate, you think things just explode on their own? I don't think so' 

18 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Aye, right enough, the only way the worst president in living memory can lose is if the Dems cheat.  Got it!

Mail ballots present a fine opportunity to bend a vote.

And we all know who loves a mail ballot.

Maybe HRC will replace Joe in the next weeks.

I bet 'his generals' did not tell Trump that the Beruit port explosion was a bomb. Trump running his dumb mouth as usual.

4 hours ago, alfajambo said:

Mail ballots present a fine opportunity to bend a vote.

And we all know who loves a mail ballot.

Maybe HRC will replace Joe in the next weeks.

Mail ballots have been used for years, including by members of the Trump family, including Donald Trump himself.

It's all a smokescreen by Trump to set up his claims of a crooked election if/when he loses in November. They're also a method of allowing people to vote without exposing themselves to crowded polling stations.

Mind the George Bush Jnr "win" in 2000?

They stupit wee punch cards that were at the centre of the entire debacle?

Trying to work out if a wee hole had been properly punched out or if it was a "hanging chad" or a "fat chad" or a "pregnant chad" and if any of those constituted a clear voting intention?

Then when Jeb Bush, Governor of Florida, used his powers to halt the recount, handing his brother the Presidency?

Mind that??

Dinnae talk pish about rigged elections.

4 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Mail ballots have been used for years, including by members of the Trump family, including Donald Trump himself.

It's all a smokescreen by Trump to set up his claims of a crooked election if/when he loses in November. They're also a method of allowing people to vote without exposing themselves to crowded polling stations.

Mail ballots have been used since the civil war over 150 years ago. There has never been any suggestion of or any evidence of a problem with that. Until Trump.

Following the AXIOS interview disaster Trump decides to try to recover with an easy one hosted by friends, Fox and friends no less. And still manages to look like a rambling idiot. Trump on the coronavirus.

"This things going away, it will go away, like things go away"

The old abracadabra magic spell theory. Which obviously wont happen but what's the betting he keeps on rambling that for the rest of the year.

14 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

TLP keep churning out superb adverts. They really rip Trump and his cronies to bits.

As Trump tries to prevent a subpoena for 8 years of his bank records, Deutsche Bank, who were also issued with the same pubpoena, has handed them over to prosecutors

:scenes:

58 minutes ago, Cade said:

As Trump tries to prevent a subpoena for 8 years of his bank records, Deutsche Bank, who were also issued with the same pubpoena, has handed them over to prosecutors

:scenes:

:levein_interesting:

On 04/08/2020 at 12:08, Barack said:

Don't think this needs any explanation...

Yo-Semite National Park is quite magnificent, even better than the mighty Missy Peepee River. :facepalm:

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)