U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
26 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Even by Trumps "standards" this is quite something. 

Even Trump thinks every single one of his supporters, no exceptions, is basically a H1B5 fan.

:rofl:

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Tbf on Trump, if folk didn't know he was like this then they are stupid. He doesn't even believe anything he says.

57 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Which makes me instantly suspicious—not to mention that this is also far too clever, there's no way he could come up with something that :lol: extemporaneously

10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Tbf on Trump, if folk didn't know he was like this then they are stupid. He doesn't even believe anything he says.

I always suspected the bulk were even dumber than he is. And we know how dumb that is. What else would vote for Homer Simpson because he's not Hillary Clinton? Who incidentally would probably have been the best qualified  president they ever had.

But instead of that they opted for Homer. And incidentally his psychologist niece was asked if she thinks he actually believes his own insane rambling. She said that she thought on some level he does come to believe it since he surrounds himself with yes men who back up anything he says no matter how ludicrous.

That's why there's been a constant merry go round of bodies coming and going during his tenure. Many people eventually just can't keep their mouth shut and play along when he says something even crazier than his last crazy outburst.

Those who can are in it longer term. KellyAnne Conway for as an example. "Alternative facts" Conway.

11 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Which makes me instantly suspicious—not to mention that this is also far too clever, there's no way he could come up with something that :lol: extemporaneously

I wondered who'd be the first to question it 😄

12 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Probably just repeating things that have been previously said to him by others.

5 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I always suspected the bulk were even dumber than he is. And we know how dumb that is. What else would vote for Homer Simpson because he's not Hillary Clinton? Who incidentally would probably have been the best qualified  president they ever had.

But instead of that they opted for Homer. And incidentally his psychologist niece was asked if she thinks he actually believes his own insane rambling. She said that she thought on some level he does come to believe it since he surrounds himself with yes men who back up anything he says no matter how ludicrous.

That's why there's been a constant merry go round of bodies coming and going during his tenure. Many people eventually just can't keep their mouth shut and play along when he says something even crazier than his last crazy outburst.

Those who can are in it longer term. KellyAnne Conway for as an example. "Alternative facts" Conway.

I've just finished "Fire and Fury" : the Trump enablers have a lot to answer for and I don't mean his backers but his staffers, cabinet etc. It is a staggering catalogue of self enrichment/aggrandisement and personal gain. People who would do & say anything so they could get a job elsewhere based on WH "credentials". And the book only  covers the 1st 100 days of his "presidency". 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I've just finished "Fire and Fury" : the Trump enablers have a lot to answer for and I don't mean his backers but his staffers, cabinet etc. It is a staggering catalogue of self enrichment/aggrandisement and personal gain. People who would do & say anything so they could get a job elsewhere bease on WH "credentials". And the book only  covers the 1st 100 days of his "presidency". 

Leaves me wondering who would be impressed by a 'credential' that amounts to nothing but being hired by a mental case to say yes to anything he says no matter how crazy. I'm more impressed by those who were booted out for saying no that's crazy.

19 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I wondered who'd be the first to question it 😄

Haha the other thing that makes me do so is that it's 100% accurate :rofl:

8 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Haha the other thing that makes me do so is that it's 100% accurate :rofl:

i will continue to suspect he copied it from someone else, he has a fantastic memory you know. Doctors are astounded by his memory.

Person, woman, man, camera, TV

Not many people can do that. I bet you couldn't.

16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Is it just me or was that one shit?

Agree I don't think it quite hit the spot they were looking for. But will probably still get under the thin skin of Trump.

Unknown user
19 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Agree I don't think it quite hit the spot they were looking for. But will probably still get under the thin skin of Trump.

It had regional sketch show written all over it.

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

Is it just me or was that one shit?

5 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I thought the message was good, but the voices were very muffled by the masks, at least to me.

I had to strain to hear what they were saying.  Not their best effort.

Not directly about Trump per se, but I would maintain this is a consequence of Trump who has emboldened these Nazi and white supremacist groups.

The video is called 'Documenting Hate: Charlottesville'  and while it is breaking down the Charlottesville riots it goes much deeper. Documenting the steep rise of hate crime since Trump began calling them "fine people"

Viewer discretion advised. Many scenes of violence.

An investigation into how the violent and infamous rally in Charlottesville became a watershed moment for the white supremacist movement. Correspondent A.C. Thompson shows how some of those behind the racist violence went unpunished and shines a light on the rise of new white supremacist groups in America.

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Not directly about Trump per se, but I would maintain this is a consequence of Trump who has emboldened these Nazi and white supremacist groups.

The video is called 'Documenting Hate: Charlottesville'  and while it is breaking down the Charlottesville riots it goes much deeper. Documenting the steep rise of hate crime since Trump began calling them "fine people"

Viewer discretion advised. Many scenes of violence.

If a person is a racist living in America, he's a Trump supporter.  

Videos like this confirm the beliefs of those who love Trump, and confirm the opinions of those who hate him.

7 minutes ago, Cade said:

Not everyone who voted Trump is a racist.

But all racists vote Trump.

True.

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Imagine how much worse it's going to get if he were around for another 4 years.

He would get another chance to "build that wall."  :rofl:

As of May 2020, only 16 miles of new wall had been built under the Trump administration.  Another 180 miles of old fencing had been replaced by new fencing.  And, surprise surprise, Mexico did not pay for any of it.  :biggrin2:

Isn't it interesting how Trump doesn't want to talk about the wall any more!  Build That Wall was just another of his catchy wee phrases meant to sucker the gullible, just like Drain The Swamp, Lock Her Up.

Republican voters = :rudi:

6 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

He would get another chance to "build that wall."  :rofl:

As of May 2020, only 16 miles of new wall had been built under the Trump administration.  Another 180 miles of old fencing had been replaced by new fencing.  And, surprise surprise, Mexico did not pay for any of it.  :biggrin2:

Isn't it interesting how Trump doesn't want to talk about the wall any more!  Build That Wall was just another of his catchy wee phrases meant to sucker the gullible, just like Drain The Swamp, Lock Her Up.

Republican voters = :rudi:

I'd be more worried about the 'Canadian wall' still to come...just who will pay for that...if he gets in of course !!

Well if Trudeau wanted to be Trump like he could promise to build a Southern wall to keep the racist plague infested Americans out. And pledge that the US will pay for the wall.

10 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Well if Trudeau wanted to be Trump like he could promise to build a Southern wall to keep the racist plague infested Americans out. And pledge that the US will pay for the wall.

Despite constant American requests, Canada is refusing to open up the Canada-US border to anything but essential traffic. So we have a virtual wall.

Bizarrely, at US request, Canada is allowing American motorists to enter Western Canada in order to drive to Alaska.  The American motorists are instructed to drive non-stop through Canada.  If they make any unnecessary stops they're liable to be arrested and fined. 

We're watching the Trump-flu ravage their country and want no part of it, despite American tourism being a multi-billion dollar business here.  Without exception, even among conservatives, Canadians I talk to think America has lost the plot.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Kayleigh McEnany FINALLY got called out on Herman Cain passing from COVID after attending Trump’s Tulsa rally.

I do dislike these smug lefty twats to be fair, even though I am one myself. 

18 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Without exception, even among conservatives, Canadians I talk to think America has lost the plot.

The plot was lost 4 years ago when they elected an obvious idiot. Conspiracy nuts have always been a laughing stock and they elected one. And his conspiracy craziness is probably the least of his so obvious flaws.

Late last year, before the virus became known, rational commentators wre hoping that his obvious wackiness, bizarre lying and all the rest of it would be enough to convince people we're just one grave incident from disaster.

They thought the country and the world had got lucky. There had been no major incidents international or otherwise. Well now a global pandemic has struck and as predicted he just carries on being a simple minded conspiracy nut. He can do nothing else, it's what he is.

I don't ever recall seeing the supporters of a party turn against the party on the level we're seeing right now. Actually declaring for the opposition because they now know okay we had our up your Hillary joke but this is now dangerous. Not funny anymore.

SpaceX craft just splashed down in the Gulf of Mexico. First splashdown in 45 years. Trump will no doubt try to take some credit. Probably knows more about spacecraft sciences than anybody. 

On 31/07/2020 at 01:49, trotter said:

This is the bit for me. Over here you see almost daily levels of patriotism that are just...unnecessary. From Stars and Stripes flying literally everywhere, to fawning 'thank you for your service' tributes to men and women in the military/first responders, to the chants of "USA USA USA" at sports events, to the constant reminders that "the land of the free and the home of the brave" is somehow the absolute pinnacle of human 'values' and can do no wrong. It's just weird to be done to this extreme. Now I'm not for a second saying you shouldn't be proud of your country, especially men and women who put themselves in harms way to protect others. I will also admit that moving to Texas was absolutely the best thing I've ever done, but to me it all just seems like a massive over-compensation for something. But for the life of me I can't work out what it is. 

I remember finding the flags thing odd when I first came here. As you say they're literally everywhere. Flying from anything above ground level. It's typified by this.

trump-hugging-american-flag.jpg

Now I know it's Trump and we expect over the top behaviour from him. But would anybody have thought it bizarre if say Obama or Bush had been pictured doing that? The stupid expression on the orange face aside?

Now imagine a British Prime Minister being photographed doing that with a Union Jack. It wouldn't happen and would attract nothing but ridicule if it did.

On 01/08/2020 at 18:47, Maple Leaf said:

Despite constant American requests, Canada is refusing to open up the Canada-US border to anything but essential traffic. So we have a virtual wall.

Bizarrely, at US request, Canada is allowing American motorists to enter Western Canada in order to drive to Alaska.  The American motorists are instructed to drive non-stop through Canada.  If they make any unnecessary stops they're liable to be arrested and fined. 

We're watching the Trump-flu ravage their country and want no part of it, despite American tourism being a multi-billion dollar business here.  Without exception, even among conservatives, Canadians I talk to think America has lost the plot.

Just been watching a YouTube video about Trumps trade war with China. Now my own opinion is that China does indeed have discriminatory and questionable trade practices but Trump certainly isn't smart enough to change that favourably.

One thing that was mentioned is his tariff on steel is actually more damaging to allies than it is to China. Canada for one sells far more steel to the US than China does.

Another opinion of my own is that not only are the Chinese far smarter than he is the Chinese government obviously has no concerns about elections, unlike Trump who thinks of nothing else.

China will just amble along trading blows till he's gone while US citizens pay the price of Trumps trade war. Then  resume normal service afterwards. It's pointless. It achieves nothing but giving Trump a witless opportunity to say he's tough.

This is the video I watched.

Edited by JFK-1

Trump is ****ed if a Democrat wins the next election, or even the one after that if he somehow wins the next one.

The case against him in NY is key.  Bill Barr is trying his best to **** up all the investigations, but he can only do so much.  Hopefully Barr gets pulled up about it all too.

Trump knows he is ****ed as soon as he is out of power, which is why he is somehow still managing to ramp up his crazy bullshit.   I would expect some even more wild stuff before November.

The crazy thing is, we won't even hear about half the dodgy shit they all get upto.

Next three months are going to be totally mental.

Then possibly the three months after that if he loses and refuses to leave.

"My son is wearing a MAGMA cap and a Vote Trump 2020 button. He’s been spat on, punched and verbally abused. I hate to think what will happen when he leaves the house."

10 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

"My son is wearing a MAGMA cap and a Vote Trump 2020 button. He’s been spat on, punched and verbally abused. I hate to think what will happen when he leaves the house."

😀😀

51 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

:rofl:

10 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I remember finding the flags thing odd when I first came here. As you say they're literally everywhere. Flying from anything above ground level. It's typified by this.

trump-hugging-american-flag.jpg

Now I know it's Trump and we expect over the top behaviour from him. But would anybody have thought it bizarre if say Obama or Bush had been pictured doing that? The stupid expression on the orange face aside?

Now imagine a British Prime Minister being photographed doing that with a Union Jack. It wouldn't happen and would attract nothing but ridicule if it did.

My cousin lives in Houston, Texas and moved out there about 4 years ago. She says the whole patriotism thing starts VERY early with the kids. It's almost cult like. Her kids are active in sports and she says even minor college basketball games have them worked up to a frenzy and these games are attended by thousands! It's utterly bizarre. 

18 minutes ago, EH11_2NL said:

My cousin lives in Houston, Texas and moved out there about 4 years ago. She says the whole patriotism thing starts VERY early with the kids. It's almost cult like. Her kids are active in sports and she says even minor college basketball games have them worked up to a frenzy and these games are attended by thousands! It's utterly bizarre. 

Although an interesting side note is that the majority opinion here is 'Texan first, American second'. Which I quite like for some reason. 

Schoolkids having to stand up in class and pledge allegiance to the flag every day is pure scary stuff.

Children in the USA are not educated.

They are indoctrinated.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Schoolkids having to stand up in class and pledge allegiance to the flag every day is pure scary stuff.

Children in the USA are not educated.

They are indoctrinated.

that is a strange thing they have to do. one of my friends currently lives in america and his eldest is at school and has to say the pledge every morning even though she is scottish

Just now, milky_26 said:

that is a strange thing they have to do. one of my friends currently lives in america and his eldest is at school and has to say the pledge every morning even though she is scottish

The kid may not want to put up a fuss, but it's been extensively litigated that children are not required to stand or say the pledge and forcing them to do so is a violation of their rights. Feel free to PM me if your friend would like more info.

J.T.F.Robertson

In relation to TikTok I see Pompeo has taken to calling them the "Chinese Communist Party Government". Taken them almost four years to throw that additional adjective in there.

Can’t imagine why. :rolleyes:

Mac_fae_Gillie
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

If he is intending to stay Scottish and not become a yank this is pure madness, standing in respect whilst others pledge is fine but should not have to pledge her self.

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

Trump called the press the enemy of the people on Twitter again this morning.

It's fecking terrify. I hope you get rid of that evil bassa. A  pity Michelle Obama didn't take him on. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)