U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

11 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Not really related to trump, or maybe is, but this video is doing the rounds. Woman in Central Park is so scared of black man asking her to leash her dog that she phones the police to report the aFrIcAn AmErIcAn MaN TrYiNg To kIlL hEr and almost lynches her dog in the process 

The fake panic voice near the end :lol: watched too many TV dramas. 

That's ******* outrageous. Although it appears she has been placed on administrative leave from her investment banking job and the dog has been taken away from her. 

In her 'apology she whines that 'my life is being destroyed right now. Which I think is a bit rich  considering she was essentially calling in a hit on that guy.

Shit like this angers me no end

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Internet

Tbf she's not wrong about her life being ruined but that's how the world works now, caught on camera being a racist arsehole (and this is a special case as it's obvious what she's doing with the call to the police), you're going to face pretty severe consequences. Crazy how in half a day she's essentially lost her job, her dog and will be a pariah for however long it takes for folk to move onto the next thing. People reported her to the animal shelter she got the dog from years ago :lol: mad how much detail of our lives are readily available to everyone online. 

7 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Tbf she's not wrong about her life being ruined but that's how the world works now, caught on camera being a racist arsehole (and this is a special case as it's obvious what she's doing with the call to the police), you're going to face pretty severe consequences. Crazy how in half a day she's essentially lost her job, her dog and will be a pariah for however long it takes for folk to move onto the next thing. People reported her to the animal shelter she got the dog from years ago :lol: mad how much detail of our lives are readily available to everyone online. 

I wouldn't be happy either. I'd have shoved his phone up his arse.

1 hour ago, trotter said:

That's ******* outrageous. Although it appears she has been placed on administrative leave from her investment banking job and the dog has been taken away from her. 

In her 'apology she whines that 'my life is being destroyed right now. Which I think is a bit rich  considering she was essentially calling in a hit on that guy.

This shit goes way beyond just some self entitled crazy bitch creating a scene out of nothing. If he hadn't been filming this she could very well have ended with him at best being arrested for allegedly "threatening her life" or at worst shot by some trigger happy cop.

There are countless instances from all over he US of black man being shot dead for effectively "walking while black"

There was one recently where a black jogger was pursued by a father and son in a vehicle who then shot him dead.

Ahmaud Arbery: Father and son charged with murder of US black jogger

John Gentleman
On 24/05/2020 at 00:51, jake said:

Shes competent and whoever decided to pull Trump out the road got that right.

Looks like this is the line of attack for the next week.

More of interest is how the press reports it.

From what I've briefly seen the guardian focused on her inadvertently showing Trumps bank details.

And other news focusing on her attempt to claim first amendment protection in regards to going to churches mosques etc.

I've posted this part of the briefing .

As you'd expect 😄

Brilliant. Holds a press conference and she gets to pose the questions and provide the answers. When done, just walks out. WTF?

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Even if you instigated the whole thing in he first place by acting like a twat?

1 hour ago, trotter said:

Even if you instigated the whole thing in he first place by acting like a twat?

I don't live in America. I have no idea what sort of life the girl has led. So maybe I'd ask why, instead of condemning folk first.

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Aggravated sexual abuse in the first degree is a class B felony - maximum sentence 25 years.

A smart lawyer might also chuck in the presence of the dog as using a lethal weapon too.

Smarter course of action would have just been to put the dog's lead on, IMO.

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I don't live in America. I have no idea what sort of life the girl has led. So maybe I'd ask why, instead of condemning folk first.

I wasn't asking that, I was asking why you personally would have gone straight to an act of violence when you were called out for being clearly in the wrong?

10 minutes ago, trotter said:

I wasn't asking that, I was asking why you personally would have gone straight to an act of violence when you were called out for being clearly in the wrong?

I meant in general. If someone sticks a phone in my face without permission. I'll take action without theirs. Dog off a lead is hardly crime of the century. He could be stalking his next victim for all she knew. 

15 minutes ago, Boof said:

Aggravated sexual abuse in the first degree is a class B felony - maximum sentence 25 years.

A smart lawyer might also chuck in the presence of the dog as using a lethal weapon too.

Smarter course of action would have just been to put the dog's lead on, IMO.

Maybe she was and became scared. Incidentally. What would you do if a man was filming your Mrs?

7 hours ago, trotter said:

Her life is being destroyed now? 

Good. That's proper made my day. Few things make me happier than an utter ***** getting their dues. The worst that'll happen to her is she'll struggle financially and socially. She'll get by, and hopefully learn a ****ing lesson

The worst the guy could've had was being shot in the ****ing head. She's an absolute cretin. 

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I meant in general. If someone sticks a phone in my face without permission. I'll take action without theirs. Dog off a lead is hardly crime of the century. He could be stalking his next victim for all she knew. 

Maybe she was and became scared. Incidentally. What would you do if a man was filming your Mrs?

If my missus was like her, she wouldn't be my missus. If my missus was acting like her, I'd tell her to get a ****ing grip and stop being a ****ing cow. 

Stroppy bitch gets uppity at being called out for breaking the rules. **** her. 

8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Have you read the story? He started filming AFTER she became hysterical and threatened to call the cops and tell them an African-American man was threatening her. Specifically using those words to threaten him. She knew exactly what she was doing and what the possible consequences were. It's been well publicized in the US in recent weeks/months. He was filming her for HIS protection. 

Yes, not crime of the century, but a posted violation in the park. He was allowed to point this out without being accosted. The fact you are even trying to defend her is utterly reprehensible. 

Edited by trotter

1 minute ago, Normthebarman said:

If my missus was like her, she wouldn't be my missus. If my missus was acting like her, I'd tell her to get a ****ing grip and stop being a ****ing cow. 

Stroppy bitch gets uppity at being called out for breaking the rules. **** her. 

As I said, 2 minutes of bad footage doesn't tell the story.

I'm sure I'd be seen as a twat when defending mine through the years, when the provocation isn't shown. 

Yes she acted like a twat, but it's hardly racist, as the polis would ask anyone for a description.

3 minutes ago, trotter said:

Have you read the story? He started filming AFTER she became hysterical and threatened to call the cops and tell them an African-American man was threatening her. Specifically using those words to threaten him. She knew exactly what she was doing and what the possible consequences were. It's been well publicized in the US in recent weeks/months. He was filming her for HIS protection. 

Yes, not crime of the century, but a posted violation in the park. He was allowed to point this out without being accosted. The fact you are even trying to defend her is utterly reprehensible. 

Whose story? His undoubtedly.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

She's admitted to it FFS...

You are *way* off the mark about this one, ri, and coming over as a defender of or apologist for racist behaviour.

Are you having a bad day?

1 minute ago, trotter said:

She's admitted to it FFS...

No need for the FFS, trotts. I'm only giving a different P.O.V on people and their fecking camera phones. It was in general, but I'll put my hands up as I used the story. Apologies, wasn't looking to have an argument, as she was a out of order on the clip. I was merely trying to take a different perspective. 👍

As I said, 2 minutes of bad footage doesn't tell the story.

I'm sure I'd be seen as a twat when defending mine through the years, when the provocation isn't shown. 

Yes she acted like a twat, but it's hardly racist, as the polis would ask anyone for a description.

Come on, Ri. Don't be daft. You know and I know the reason she said that. If she was scared, why the **** is she running over to him? She threatens him witb the police call. She puts on the whole crime drama "There's a BlAcK mAn tRyInG tO KiLl mE!" voice. 

She knew exactly what she was doing. She's a ****ing cow. 

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

You are *way* off the mark about this one, ri, and coming over as a defender of or apologist for racist behaviour.

Are you having a bad day?

I'm not defending any racism, btw. I've watched a girl being filmed by a guy, yes she didn't put it on a lead(Does he ask her?) But for all I know she maybe had a bad experience. One thing is for sure, she has mental issues. And maybe we should focus on help instead of punishment.

9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Just now, ri Alban said:

I'm not defending any racism, btw.

:Aye:

2 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Come on, Ri. Don't be daft. You know and I know the reason she said that. If she was scared, why the **** is she running over to him? She threatens him witb the police call. She puts on the whole crime drama "There's a BlAcK mAn tRyInG tO KiLl mE!" voice. 

She knew exactly what she was doing. She's a ****ing cow. 

I don't know, Norm. I'm just trying to see a different P O V. 

Just now, redjambo said:

:Aye:

I didn't expect that from you Red. If I see racism I deal with. I don't just talk about it on a forum. So please don't accuse me of racism. You're way off.

22 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

My Mrs wouldn't have her dog off its lead in a place where it wasn't permitted so, given similar circumstances, there would have been no need for the bloke to be filming her.

1 minute ago, Boof said:

My Mrs wouldn't have her dog off its lead in a place where it wasn't permitted so, given similar circumstances, there would have been no need for the bloke to be filming her.

Okay!

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I didn't expect that from you Red. If I see racism I deal with. I don't just talk about it on a forum. So please don't accuse me of racism. You're way off.

At no point have I accused you of racism. However, you openly defended the actions of a woman who was clearly being racist, and who could have endangered the life of the man in question, and said that she was not being racist.

So don't turn the issue around and accuse me of calling you racist when that is patently not true.

Edited by redjambo

11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

No need for the FFS, trotts. I'm only giving a different P.O.V on people and their fecking camera phones. It was in general, but I'll put my hands up as I used the story. Apologies, wasn't looking to have an argument, as she was a out of order on the clip. I was merely trying to take a different perspective. 👍

No worries, not looking for one either, I thought you had read the full story and her apology and were still trying to defend her behaviour. 👍

Just now, redjambo said:

At no point have I accused you of racism. However, you openly defended the actions of a woman who was clearly being racist, and who could have endangered the life of the person in question, and said that they were not racist.

So don't turn the issue around and accuse me of calling you racist when that this is patently not true.

I didn't defend her, I didn't say she wasn't a racist. I asked if she may have had problems and giving a description of someone wasn't racism. 

Apologies, if I've offended you all. Peace!

Just now, ri Alban said:

I didn't defend her, I didn't say she wasn't a racist. I asked if she may have had problems and giving a description of someone wasn't racism.

Apologies, if I've offended you all. Peace!

No problem, ri. I don't want to continue this because I think several of us have made our feelings clear and there's no use adding to that. Just to point out though that before making the phone call the lady in question said to the guy "I'm going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life." This wasn't "giving a description". This was an obvious threat towards the guy because she knew that US police may not take too kindly to the black guy in such a situation. And then she went ahead with the call, apparently exaggerating the threat against her. This is how I see it anyway.

Have a look at the transcripts and also the explanations of both sides. Then you might change your mind.

By the way, I don't think you've offended anyone at all. It's just your reaction to the event that has surprised us. To quote yourself, we didn't expect it from you. :wink:

11 minutes ago, Barack said:

Shocking footage of a black man in Minneapolis being kneeled on by a cop, on his throat. Despite it being filmed, the bystanders pleading, the man on the ground pleading...he passed out, and died.

Pretty savage watching a man being murdered. I won't share it, but it's easy enough to find if folk want to.

Indeed. All too common in the US and nothing will change.

The officer should be jailed the rest of his life for murder.

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

No problem, ri. I don't want to continue this because I think several of us have made our feelings clear and there's no use adding to that. Just to point out though that before making the phone call the lady in question said to the guy "I'm going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life." This wasn't "giving a description". This was an obvious threat towards the guy because she knew that US police may not take too kindly to the black guy in such a situation. And then she went ahead with the call, apparently exaggerating the threat against her. This is how I see it anyway.

Have a look at the transcripts and also the explanations of both sides. Then you might change your mind. *Will do 👍

By the way, I don't think you've offended anyone at all. It's just your reaction to the event that has surprised us. To quote yourself, we didn't expect it from you. :wink:

Thanks bud. I've tried to send you an apology, but it says you can receive any mail.

Again sorry, didnae mean to be an arsehole to you lot.

Edited by ri Alban

Thanks bud. I've tried to send you an apology, but it says you can receive any mail.

Again sorry, didnae mean to be an arsehole to you lot.

My mailbox may be full. I'll sort it out. No need to apologise though! We all just had a robust conversation, that's all. :smile:

Life wouldn't be interesting if everyone agreed all the time.

59 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

She knew exactly what she was doing. Black men are shot by police all the time in the United States. In addition to nearly choking her own dog to death, it was he who was telling her to keep away from him. Perhaps you should pretend she's Dominic Cummings breaking the rules in order to get some perspective here.

A very reasonable request from a birdwatcher, to put her dog on a leash in a part of Central Park where that's required, was met by this reaction. The final boss of the Karens, who knew the possibility she was creating of a Black person being shot to death, is getting her comeuppance, and it's a beautiful thing to see.

Edit:

48 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

She called 9-1-1, the equivalent of 999. You're asked what your emergency is. She immediately said, without any prompting, "A Black man is threatening me and my dog in Central Park". It was, and she is, racist to the extreme.

Edited by Justin Z

Ainsley Harriott
15 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

She knew exactly what she was doing. Black men are shot by police all the time in the United States. In addition to nearly choking her own dog to death, it was he who was telling her to keep away from him. Perhaps you should pretend she's Dominic Cummings breaking the rules in order to get some perspective here.

A very reasonable request from a birdwatcher, to put her dog on a leash in a part of Central Park where that's required, was met by this reaction. The final boss of the Karens, who knew the possibility she was creating of a Black person being shot to death, is getting her comeuppance, and it's a beautiful thing to see.

Edit:

She called 9-1-1, the equivalent of 999. You're asked what your emergency is. She immediately said, without any prompting, "A Black man is threatening me and my dog in Central Park". It was, and she is, racist to the extreme.

Maybe she could have said a man categorised as BAME possibly of African American or Afro Carribean heritage. Would that have suited better?

These black men, just like the one in Georgia running away from a crime scene being filmed by a man driving a truck. As luck would have it the black man ran towards a former policeman and his son who settled the matter by shooting him to death.

Certainly justifies video for the facts, except none of the apparent facts were true, he was not a black man running from a crime he was a young man doing what literally millions of young men do out jogging. Three white men have now been charged with murder, but that does absolutely nothing for a young man who for no reason probably other than his color has had his life taken from him. This thread is about Trump, and that is not inappropriate because Trump from the Central Park five has shown on occasions  his  disdain those for those of the African American community, and for his  failure to act on the proliferation of firearms in the Country.

3 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Maybe she could have said a man categorised as BAME possibly of African American or Afro Carribean heritage. Would that have suited better?

I'm going to assume you're being apologetic on a racist's behalf because of your lack of familiarity with racial politics and experiences in the United States, not because that's the sort of thing you think is worthwhile.

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'm not defending any racism, btw. I've watched a girl being filmed by a guy, yes she didn't put it on a lead(Does he ask her?) But for all I know she maybe had a bad experience. One thing is for sure, she has mental issues. And maybe we should focus on help instead of punishment.

It would look to any passerby as if you actually are defending racism. It was obvious she was a screaming nutcase who objected to her white privilege being questioned by a perfectly polite black man. There was no alternative to be found.

He did not have a phone in her face yet that's the way you try to depict it. He was a good distance away from her. She approached him putting a hand holding a phone up to his face screaming about calling cops to tell them a black man is threatening her life and you somehow find an alternative view in it all. Should he have stuck that phone up her arse?

This is daily life for black people in this country which also ends in them being killed which could have happened to him too. But you think there's an alternative view here. That's troubling.

This story posted in just the last hour could have been him if he hadn't been filming this wacko to prove he is doing nothing. 

FBI to investigate death of black man in Minnesota after arrest

Edited by JFK-1

Craig Gordons Gloves

The 4 police officers in Minneapolis have all been fired  today and hopefully as the FBI are investigating there will be charges of at least culpable homicide, hopefully murder.  It's an absolutely horrific incident where a police officer wilfully applied pressure and weight to someones neck for nearly 2 mins, who then died. 

20 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

The 4 police officers in Minneapolis have all been fired  today and hopefully as the FBI are investigating there will be charges of at least culpable homicide, hopefully murder.  It's an absolutely horrific incident where a police officer wilfully applied pressure and weight to someones neck for nearly 2 mins, who then died. 

It's absolutely heart breaking but in Trumps America I expect no rush to change anything. At this very moment Trump will be wondering how to react to it without upsetting his KKK "good people" chums.

In the 10-minute video filmed by a witness, the man is kept on the ground by the officer and, at one point, says: "Don't kill me."

He knew they were killing him. His pleading didn't save him.

25 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

5 minutes, despite bystanders urging the officer to stop doing so. Horrific.

Edited by redjambo

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

5 minutes, despite bystanders urging the officer to stop doing so. Horrific.

He pleaded with them "don't kill me". He knew they were killing him.

Bystanders pleaded with them.

Witnesses urged the officer to take his knee off the man's neck, noting that he was not moving. One says, "His nose is bleeding", while another pleads, "Get off his neck."

The man then appears motionless before he is put on a stretcher and into an ambulance.

The bystanders knew they were killing him. Yet still it went on till he was dead.

Who trained and hired these thug cops also needs answered.

Morally bankrupt Twitter flagging the clown's false tweets on postal voting is a start. Trump should have been banned long ago.

26 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

It is with no pride that I admit at one period in my police  career, generally when engaged in breaking up fights when quite often approach to a suspect was from the rear. It often proved advantageous and succesful to put an arm around the neck and apply pressure,  this I guess every time got a quick response of submission. I woud think it must have been in the late sixties early seventies it was declared illegal fo a police officer to use that method after a fatality. On reconsideration one could not but thank fate that the stupid dangerous system was stopped before you personally had done some serious damage. I never arrested anyone that I could have found any justification in killing them which I could have done all things being equal.

3 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

It is with no pride that I admit at one period in my police  career, generally when engaged in breaking up fights when quite often approach to a suspect was from the rear. It often proved advantageous and succesful to put an arm around the neck and apply pressure,  this I guess every time got a quick response of submission. I woud think it must have been in the late sixties early seventies it was declared illegal fo a police officer to use that method after a fatality. On reconsideration one could not but thank fate that the stupid dangerous system was stopped before you personally had done some serious damage. I never arrested anyone that I could have found any justification in killing them which I could have done all things being equal.

This goes far beyond any arm around a neck to bring someone down. Hell I would be tempted to do that myself in a given circumstance. But this man is down, he's not going to be getting up and they have him outnumbered 4 to 1.

Applying constant pressure with a knee across his neck on a man who is already down is beyond unacceptable. It's criminal.

This case in America draws parallels with the young black guy killed in Fife by the police, let’s not pretend shit doesn’t happen here as well. 
and yes when I said “killed” by the police I meant it. 

1 hour ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

We will see. What usually happens with cases like this is the officers get fired, they appeal the firing, and while the appeal is active get placed on paid administrative leave, and then once all the furore has died down they're quietly reinstated.

A self entitled boot (what is this white privilege stuff btw)

Some bad cops.

Hows this relating to the Trump thread.

Are these new behaviours in the USA that have only transpired since Trumps presidency?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)