U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

17 minutes ago, jake said:

I know I am.

Still trying to exercise what little knowledge I have.

Sorry it doesnt fit in with your politics but thanks for using what brains you have with that reply.

Only pulling her leg. 

Oh you should tweet yer favourite president, and ask him to publish what really happened at 9/11. 👍

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unknown user
2 hours ago, jake said:

Build a wall resonates with votes already won.

As I've said Trump swung the rust belt.

I think there is a lot of thought from those voters.

Clinton's democratic party and the economy wasnt what anyone would regard as a great choice.

I think the same mistakes about general dismissing are being made.

Ffs they have 75% of media backing they have one failed investigation after another .

I mean whose exactly thick in all this.

Trump supporters

5 hours ago, jake said:

Build a wall resonates with votes already won.

As I've said Trump swung the rust belt.

I think there is a lot of thought from those voters.

Clinton's democratic party and the economy wasnt what anyone would regard as a great choice.

I think the same mistakes about general dismissing are being made.

Ffs they have 75% of media backing they have one failed investigation after another .

I mean whose exactly thick in all this.

So all any opposition needs to do is say **** his wall. That's pussy. I will lay a minefield a mile wide in front of the border. Then when elected never do it? Just be crazier than he is but never actually do anything you claim you will? Just like him?

Edited by JFK-1

Maple Leaf
8 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

So all any opposition needs to do is say **** his wall. That's pussy. I will lay a minefield a mile wide in front of the border. Then when elected never do it? Just be crazier than he is but never actually do anything you claim you will? Just like him?

Trump ...

... didn't build the wall with Mexico paying for it

... didn't drain the swamp

... didn't lock her up

... didn't make America great again

... didn't provide better health care at lower prices

... didn't make anyone win so much they got fed up winning

... didn't stop Muslims from entering the USA

... didn't tear up NAFTA (the new agreement is NAFTA version 2).

Yet the people who voted for him last time will probably vote for him again.

4 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Democrats are losing because like the labour party over here they took for granted their usual states.

They lost a lot of white working class women and some white working class men.

I cant be sure but I am certain that was down to identity politics I read.

Also the general resentment towards the political class.

Anyway I always feel like I'm supporting Trump .

Complete Bell End

Hope he gets the virus.

That would be positively the best way to get a virus and did a fantastic job in getting it. Fortunately for him he's an expert in coping with it, so should be fine.

Make America Great,

Apologies guys. 

DarthVodka
14 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

it’s weird how the press are pushing this now.  There was a study in Brazil weeks ago the death rate was significantly increased compared with placebo - and I’m sure the US funded it.  The studies in France are inconclusive and the uk will run one soon.  The MHRA is very clear that no COVID treatments are approved in this country, and I’m sure the EMA echos this 

vegas-voss
2 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

it’s weird how the press are pushing this now.  There was a study in Brazil weeks ago the death rate was significantly increased compared with placebo - and I’m sure the US funded it.  The studies in France are inconclusive and the uk will run one soon.  The MHRA is very clear that no COVID treatments are approved in this country, and I’m sure the EMA echos this 

Is that the one that Trump called the fake testing

DarthVodka

I think so, I’m not sure he directly referred to where the study was. With a bit of digging on Clin trials I could probably find who funded if I could be bothered

here is a link to that study 

https://www.physiciansweekly.com/covid-19-brazil-study-shows-high-dose-choloquine-linked-to-more-deaths/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/24/chloroquine-study-coronavirus-brazil

Jambos_1874
1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

I think I watch this once a fortnight.....it genuinely makes me happy

Second time watching that - superb. Just goes to show how easy it is to highlight how moronic these people are and how they ignore simple logic and facts (also known as the truth).

Would be interested to see what the average person was like at a Clinton or Obama rally. Far more sane and diverse I would imagine.

Lone Striker
2 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Klepper is brilliant - impressively quick at throwing the irony back at these numpties. Many of them are too stupid to even realise it.

Lone Striker
On 22/05/2020 at 02:54, Maple Leaf said:

161110114037-trump-false-meme-exlarge-16

Good find, Maple.   Mind you, he had a go at getting the Democratic nomination first ... even tried to build his own party too.   His ego must have driven him on to "become" a Republican - seems his comment above about them was accurate !! 

5 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Good find, Maple.   Mind you, he had a go at getting the Democratic nomination first ... even tried to build his own party too.   His ego must have driven him on to "become" a Republican - seems his comment above about them was accurate !! 

It's not true. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

:facepalm:

It's some entertainment. 

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:facepalm:

It's some entertainment. 

Have you watched any of the Change my mind on YouTube. The 'There is only 2 genders' is a belter.

The Real Maroonblood
56 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Have you watched any of the Change my mind on YouTube. The 'There is only 2 genders' is a belter.

No, but I'll have a look at it.

There is no way to keep up with the bizarre rambling of Trump, he adds it almost every time he opens his mouth. How about this one from one of his rallies in Montana.

To set the scene I will mention that Trump begins rambling about how no one gives him credit for being a great speaker then says this. WTF does this even mean.

“I have broken more Elton John records. He seems to have a lot of records. And I, by the way, I don’t have a musical instrument. I don’t have a guitar or an organ. No organ. Elton has an organ. And lots of other people helping. No, we’ve broken a lot of records. We’ve broken virtually every record. Because you know, look, I only need this space. They need much more room. For basketball, for hockey and all of the sports, they need a lot of room. We don’t need it. We have people in that space. So we break all of these records. Really, we do it without, like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical – the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth, right? The brain. More important than the mouth is the brain. The brain is much more important.”

A representative for Elton John declined to comment on the president’s remarks. 😂

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

There is no way to keep up with the bizarre rambling of Trump, he adds it almost every time he opens his mouth. How about this one from one of his rallies in Montana.

To set the scene I will mention that Trump begins rambling about how no one gives him credit for being a great speaker then says this. WTF does this even mean.

“I have broken more Elton John records. He seems to have a lot of records. And I, by the way, I don’t have a musical instrument. I don’t have a guitar or an organ. No organ. Elton has an organ. And lots of other people helping. No, we’ve broken a lot of records. We’ve broken virtually every record. Because you know, look, I only need this space. They need much more room. For basketball, for hockey and all of the sports, they need a lot of room. We don’t need it. We have people in that space. So we break all of these records. Really, we do it without, like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical – the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth, right? The brain. More important than the mouth is the brain. The brain is much more important.”

A representative for Elton John declined to comment on the president’s remarks. 😂

I watched someone break down his statements and his electioneering.

Interesting how the patterns of his messages and statements resonate with how our brains receive information.

34 minutes ago, jake said:

I watched someone break down his statements and his electioneering.

Interesting how the patterns of his messages and statements resonate with how our brains receive information.

Probably helps if you have a head injury. It did the last time.

And no, you doesn't mean Jake. 

Edited by ri Alban

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
49 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

harry4-600x596.jpg

41 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Probably helps if you have a head injury. It did the last time.

And no, you doesn't mean Jake. 

To be fair I've had a few over the years .

Not all deserved mind

On 20/05/2020 at 22:37, ri Alban said:

I've tried, bud. But he bores me. The clips of Trump are funny, tho.

16 hours ago, jake said:

I cant be sure but I am certain that was down to identity politics I read.

Also the general resentment towards the political class.

You've said the bit in bold recently. It doesn't hold water for me. Unless what you mean is, eight years of a Black president fuelled a backlash that flocked to Trump and pushed his numbers just over the edge in a few places, in which case, that would be accurate.

General resentment towards the political class, yes. Exactly why Sanders, another political outsider, would have won in 2016 and would have won this year as well. But the DNC care less about beating Trump than they do about ensuring there isn't actual progressivism in the party.

17 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

You've said the bit in bold recently. It doesn't hold water for me. Unless what you mean is, eight years of a Black president fuelled a backlash that flocked to Trump and pushed his numbers just over the edge in a few places, in which case, that would be accurate.

General resentment towards the political class, yes. Exactly why Sanders, another political outsider, would have won in 2016 and would have won this year as well. But the DNC care less about beating Trump than they do about ensuring there isn't actual progressivism in the party.

I'm trying to remember who it was who cited it as not only a factor but the factor.

And I'm sure I read that Bill Clinton warned Hilary about that very thing.

Shes competent and whoever decided to pull Trump out the road got that right.

Looks like this is the line of attack for the next week.

More of interest is how the press reports it.

From what I've briefly seen the guardian focused on her inadvertently showing Trumps bank details.

And other news focusing on her attempt to claim first amendment protection in regards to going to churches mosques etc.

I've posted this part of the briefing .

As you'd expect 😄

49 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Watching him broadcast from home. Still hits the points he makes right on the button and with is it sardonic humor. 

Just now, jake said:

I'm trying to remember who it was who cited it as not only a factor but the factor.

And I'm sure I read that Bill Clinton warned Hilary about that very thing.

It is so far down the list.

- #1 Clinton running a garbage campaign, not even having offices in states she ended up losing by a few thousand votes. No canvassing, no grassroots activity, nothing.

- #2 James Comey coming out with the FBI e-mail shit a week before the election.

- #3 A completely self-centred campaign strategy. "I'm with her". Trump's message was "I'm with you".

- #4 Because she's a "baby-killing, gun-hating Democrat" and also had all the baggage from Bill and Conservative media trashing that basically never let up, she didn't appeal to a large swath of white Karens. She's also a liberal white corporatist feminist so she didn't appeal to women of colour either. Basically the only female vote she was capturing in significant numbers were radlib feminists like this:

This, but unironically : neoliberal

#4 isn't really even IdPol, it's just demographic stuff. Her campaign was pretty light on IdPol and with good reason. Yes, she token pandered to LGBTQ+, yes, she pandered to people of colour. She had a "coloured" political history regarding those topics and it would've seemed even more disingenuous to actually actively engage in identity politics, so she didn't. Her campaign at least had that much sense. Biden, as we have seen, is already having the same problem, but making it worse by saying things like "if you'd vote for Trump, you're not Black". Ah thanks, old white guy who wrote the crime bill, for being the gatekeeper for true blackness, you racist ****.

Anyway, actual IdPol was several notches further down in Clinton's campaign, if at all relevant. It's hard to make a case that it was seeing as 98% of Black women voters cast their votes for Clinton, for example. It's just she didn't energise them into turning out in sufficient numbers to make a difference.

As for this election, as long as Biden keeps saying shit like he just did, they'll turn out in even lower numbers for him.

Shanks said no

Biden would be better staying in isolation and letting Trump do the work for him.

29 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

It is so far down the list.

- #1 Clinton running a garbage campaign, not even having offices in states she ended up losing by a few thousand votes. No canvassing, no grassroots activity, nothing.

- #2 James Comey coming out with the FBI e-mail shit a week before the election.

- #3 A completely self-centred campaign strategy. "I'm with her". Trump's message was "I'm with you".

- #4 Because she's a "baby-killing, gun-hating Democrat" and also had all the baggage from Bill and Conservative media trashing that basically never let up, she didn't appeal to a large swath of white Karens. She's also a liberal white corporatist feminist so she didn't appeal to women of colour either. Basically the only female vote she was capturing in significant numbers were radlib feminists like this:

This, but unironically : neoliberal

#4 isn't really even IdPol, it's just demographic stuff. Her campaign was pretty light on IdPol and with good reason. Yes, she token pandered to LGBTQ+, yes, she pandered to people of colour. She had a "coloured" political history regarding those topics and it would've seemed even more disingenuous to actually actively engage in identity politics, so she didn't. Her campaign at least had that much sense. Biden, as we have seen, is already having the same problem, but making it worse by saying things like "if you'd vote for Trump, you're not Black". Ah thanks, old white guy who wrote the crime bill, for being the gatekeeper for true blackness, you racist ****.

Anyway, actual IdPol was several notches further down in Clinton's campaign, if at all relevant. It's hard to make a case that it was seeing as 98% of Black women voters cast their votes for Clinton, for example. It's just she didn't energise them into turning out in sufficient numbers to make a difference.

As for this election, as long as Biden keeps saying shit like he just did, they'll turn out in even lower numbers for him.

All those things are true.

But those views are held by republicans .

The vote swung in Trumps favour in states normally democrat strongholds.

They are more conservative or centre in American terms.

It's only opinion but some of it backed by research which showed a further swing to the centre (conservative)and the preference for a white male president.

As for Biden maybe that's the lesson the Dems think they have learned.

Imagine he wins .

The you ain't black one is not even his worst.

Edited by jake

21 minutes ago, jake said:

All those things are true.

But those views are held by republicans .

The vote swung in Trumps favour in states normally democrat strongholds.

They are more conservative or centre in American terms.

It's only opinion but some of it backed by research which showed a further swing to the centre (conservative)and the preference for a white male president.

As for Biden maybe that's the lesson the Dems think they have learned.

Imagine he wins .

The you ain't black one is not even his worst.

That's simply not accurate. The only true Democrat strongholds of note are New York, California, Illinois, Oregon, Washington, and Minnesota--and many of the smaller New England states of which the biggest vote-wise is Massachusetts. Look up electoral maps historically for context. There is nothing especially conservative or centrist about Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, etc., as contrasted against any other average, battleground state that may be up for grabs in a given four years.

Edited by Justin Z

11 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

That's simply not accurate. The only true Democrat strongholds of note are New York, California, Illinois, Oregon, Washington, and Minnesota--and many of the smaller New England states of which the biggest vote-wise is Massachusetts. Look up electoral maps historically for context. There is nothing especially conservative or centrist about Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, etc., as contrasted against any other average, battleground state that may be up for grabs in a given four years.

I've based that without looking further back  and the references to mid west blue wall.

Along with Florida I thought was the big shock.

46 minutes ago, jake said:

I've based that without looking further back  and the references to mid west blue wall.

Along with Florida I thought was the big shock.

Florida especially flip flops between red and blue all the time. See the 2000 election for the most famous example of it not being a Democrat stronghold at all.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

"Signs and Symptoms of Frontotemporal Dementia

Each case of FTD is different, but the illness generally becomes more distinguishable from other brain conditions as it progresses. Symptoms may occur in clusters, and some may be more prevalent in early or later stages. Here is a list of ten signs of FTD:

Poor judgment

Loss of empathy

Socially inappropriate behavior

Lack of inhibition

Repetitive compulsive behavior

Inability to concentrate or plan

Frequent, abrupt mood changes

Speech difficulties

Problems with balance or movement

Memory loss".

He has them. All of them.

Keep the nuclear codes away from him.

It's quite sad really. Totally unfit, but kept there by his chums because he'll sign agendas put to him.

Is his deterioration going exponential now?

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Screenshot_20200525-212353_Twitter.jpg

The Yanks better get him to **** out of the Whitehouse.

Maple Leaf
6 hours ago, Barack said:

"Signs and Symptoms of Frontotemporal Dementia

Each case of FTD is different, but the illness generally becomes more distinguishable from other brain conditions as it progresses. Symptoms may occur in clusters, and some may be more prevalent in early or later stages. Here is a list of ten signs of FTD:

Poor judgment

Loss of empathy

Socially inappropriate behavior

Lack of inhibition

Repetitive compulsive behavior

Inability to concentrate or plan

Frequent, abrupt mood changes

Speech difficulties

Problems with balance or movement

Memory loss".

He has them. All of them.

140 million Americans will vote to give him another four years as President in November.  If he died in October, they'd still vote for him.

That's the way cults are.

Unknown user
48 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

140 million Americans will vote to give him another four years as President in November.  If he died in October, they'd still vote for him.

You spelled ****s wrong

55 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Yip, Brexiters and Chancellor Cummings are a good example.

The Internet

Think we should be careful diagnosing him with full on dementia based on a few 10 second videos. 

So he isn't really a cheat at golf.

What did you score there, sir?

Let me count.

1, 2, 3, 4 er, 4, er beautiful score, greatest score ever.  I make a lot a dollaz.

Ok sir.  4 it is.

Is that good?

Yes sir, it's a birdie.

Oh I really like birdies.  Just grab them by the...... 

Get ma coat....

Edited by DETTY29

The Internet

Not really related to trump, or maybe is, but this video is doing the rounds. Woman in Central Park is so scared of black man asking her to leash her dog that she phones the police to report the aFrIcAn AmErIcAn MaN TrYiNg To kIlL hEr and almost lynches her dog in the process 

The fake panic voice near the end :lol: watched too many TV dramas. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)