U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

i see Trump is blaming Obama for not having a vaccine ready for the coronavirus.  :vrface:

:rofl:

He’s a f*****g fruit loop.

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:rofl:

He’s a f*****g fruit loop.

Don't forget that he has a "hunch" about what's going on, and that things aren't as bad as some people are making it out to be. :confused:

And don't forget that a decision that was made, or not made, by Obama in 2004 (which was four years before Obama was elected) has made things much more difficult for the Trump administration. :confused:

"****ing fruit loop" doesn't quite cover it. 

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Don't forget that he has a "hunch" about what's going on, and that things aren't as bad as some people are making it out to be. :confused:

And don't forget that a decision that was made, or not made, by Obama in 2004 (which was four years before Obama was elected) has made things much more difficult for the Trump administration. :confused:

"****ing fruit loop" doesn't quite cover it. 

He’s an absolute throbber and a disgrace to the office he holds.

9 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He’s an absolute throbber and a disgrace to the office he holds.

He's not wrong about his hunch. This Coronavirus is a mild flu. Good deflection tactic for Governments tho.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
On 06/03/2020 at 04:05, annushorribilis III said:

reminds me of this - 

Sounds as drunk as his brother.

The Internet

It's at the point where his actual live interviews are indistinguishable from comedy skits about him. 

27 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

It's at the point where his actual live interviews are indistinguishable from comedy skits about him. 

It doesn't take a body language expert to work out what he's thinking when he says "they deserve tremendous credit" while pointing at himself with both thumbs.

If the folk around him burst into spontaneous clapping it would be indistinguishable from North Korea.

I P Knightley
51 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

The guy is unwell and those doctors standing around, smiling and nodding, should have sectioned him there and then.

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

He's not wrong about his hunch. This Coronavirus is a mild flu. Good deflection tactic for Governments tho.

The coronavirus is a family of viruses that range from the common cold (mild) to MERS and SARS (serious). The symptoms are similar to those of the influenza viruses, which are a different family.

The current coronavirus is COVID-19, which is serious in that people are dying from it.  Trump's low-intellect, inane hunch has no place in the conversation. He should just STFU and let the medical people do their work in preventing the spread of the virus and in developing a vaccine.

The Internet
8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Why do you believe conspiracy theorists over experts? 

4 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Why do you believe conspiracy theorists over experts? 

What's CT got to do with the opinion of this virus being over inflated. It's serious, but so is the flu and there's not the same over egging of that. You and others should just relax and calm the feck doon, otherwise when a real problem occurs, everyone will just think the experts are talking shite, again! and then we will be fecked.

It's only my opinion, btw, you can have your own, if you really want.

Edited by ri Alban

6 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

The coronavirus is a family of viruses that range from the common cold (mild) to MERS and SARS (serious). The symptoms are similar to those of the influenza viruses, which are a different family.

The current coronavirus is COVID-19, which is serious in that people are dying from it.  Trump's low-intellect, inane hunch has no place in the conversation. He should just STFU and let the medical people do their work in preventing the spread of the virus and in developing a vaccine.

People die, end of. Coronavirus is not what you and other panic merchants are making it out to be. Trump might be a prick, but he's at least not causing panic in his own country. And he's the president of the USA, so he can't be that thick. Did you ever become a world leader? Getting old and losing your sharpness, doesn't make you thick.

Edited by ri Alban

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

People die, end of. Coronavirus is not what you and other panic merchants are making it out to be. Trump might be a prick, but he's at least not causing panic in his own country. And he's the president of the USA, so he can't be that thick. Did you ever become a world leader? Getting old and losing your sharpness, doesn't make you thick.

He’s the bestest President ever.

I feel honoured to have the privilege to see this in my lifetime.

J.T.F.Robertson
7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

People die, end of. Coronavirus is not what you and other panic merchants are making it out to be. Trump *might be a prick, but he's at least not causing panic in his own country. And he's the president of the USA, so he can't be that thick. Did you ever become a world leader? Getting old and losing your sharpness, doesn't make you thick.

Maple Leaf's no spring chicken yet appears to have a reasonable grasp of it. (kiddin' Ron)

*Credit where none due.

15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You said, and I quote, "He's not wrong about his hunch. This Coronavirus is a mild flu."

He's wrong, and so are you.

As I tried to explain in my previous post, the coronavirus and the influenza virus are different families of viruses, so to call it a mild flu is wrong. It is not a flu.

And as for your comment about 'panic merchants', if you had read the posts on this thread from the last few days you will have seen that I, and others, have criticized the media for over-hyping it.

And I never called Trump thick.  I said his hunch was low intellect and inane. And it is.

The Real Maroonblood
35 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

You said, and I quote, "He's not wrong about his hunch. This Coronavirus is a mild flu."

As I tried to explain in my previous post, the coronavirus and the influenza virus are different families of viruses, so to call it a mild flu is wrong. It is not a flu.

And as for your comment about 'panic merchants', if you had read the posts on this thread from the last few days you will have seen that I, and others, have criticized the media for over-hyping it.

And I never called Trump thick.  I said his hunch was low intellect and inane. And it is.

Tbf you’ve called him worse things than thick.

😏

15 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Tbf you’ve called him worse things than thick.

😏

I've called him a serial sex-offender, which he confessed to on tape.  That's worse than thick.

I've called him a liar, because people who track these things say that he has lied thousands of times in public speeches.  That's worse than thick.

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I've called him a serial sex-offender, which he confessed to on tape.  That's worse than thick.

I've called him a liar, because people who track these things say that he has lied thousands of times in public speeches.  That's worse than thick.

Exactly.

15 hours ago, ri Alban said:

You really need to stop with this. I'm in London now, meant to visit a friend, and she contracted the ****ing thing and was hospitalised and given steroids and oxygen treatment. For obvious reasons, I can't visit her now. Worse, she's extra at-risk because she's not got great lungs thanks to croup as an infant.

She sounded like an 80-year-old emphysema sufferer when I spoke to her. As she described it, "I feel like I can never catch my breath". It's not a god damn mild flu.

The Real Maroonblood
21 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

You really need to stop with this. I'm in London now, meant to visit a friend, and she contracted the ****ing thing and was hospitalised and given steroids and oxygen treatment. For obvious reasons, I can't visit her now. Worse, she's extra at-risk because she's not got great lungs thanks to croup as an infant.

She sounded like an 80-year-old emphysema sufferer when I spoke to her. As she described it, "I feel like I can never catch my breath". It's not a god damn mild flu.

I’m sure she’ll make a full recovery.

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

But if you had called him thick, you wouldn't have been wrong. 

Believing that the bizarre fact of him having been elected president means he's not thick? Well, I'm sorry, but that's missing so many points, it's almost thick in itself. 

2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

But if you had called him thick, you wouldn't have been wrong. 

Believing that the bizarre fact of him having been elected president means he's not thick? Well, I'm sorry, but that's missing so many points, it's almost thick in itself. 

Correct.  Winning an election has nothing to do with intelligence.

9 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Maple Leaf's no spring chicken yet appears to have a reasonable grasp of it. (kiddin' Ron)

*Credit where none due.

Grasp of what? Opinions of Jkb bampots. :D Some folk have too much time on their hands and too high an opinion of themselves. As for the Experts :rofl:

9 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I’m sure she’ll make a full recovery.

Cheers Maroonblood--I appreciate the well wishes.

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

As for the Experts :rofl:

I realise this is a thread about Donald Trump but why would you go out of your way to emulate American Republicans?

7 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

I realise this is a thread about Donald Trump but why would you go out of your way to emulate American Republicans?

Most experts I've listened to aren't being so stupid. It's a virus, yes serious, but not any more so than the flu. Just keep good hygiene is their advice, not the panic merchants trotted out by sensationalists like the BBC and your nutcase broadcasting corps. People losing their shit. Get a grip. 

And I heard Corona beer are considering changing their name. Ffs. :facepalm: Personally I'd use it to promote sales. 

Edited by ri Alban

11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Most experts I've listened to aren't being so stupid. It's a virus, yes serious, but not any more so than the flu. Just keep good hygiene is their advice, not the panic merchants trotted out by sensationalists like the BBC and your nutcase broadcasting corps. People losing their shit. Get a grip. 

And I heard Corona beer are considering changing their name. Ffs. :facepalm: Personally I'd use it to promote sales. 

On the broad points of this post, I agree. I'm having to travel transatlantically tomorrow. I'm not exactly relishing it, but it's both needless to panic and if I am careful about hygiene and personal behaviour I maximise my chances of there being no incidents.

I don't understand how you have determined "It's a virus, yes serious, but not any more so than the flu". Do we actually know this? It does seem to me that many people who will have caught it will have had very mild symptoms. But it also seems to behave much differently than the flu. It's in a different family of viruses altogether. Why are we even comparing the two?

What is your determination for which experts to listen to, and which to ignore?

As for Corona beer, well, it's piss water anyway, so they can do whatever they like--it'll still be beer so bad I couldn't even force myself to drink it when already drunk. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

On the broad points of this post, I agree. I'm having to travel transatlantically tomorrow. I'm not exactly relishing it, but it's both needless to panic and if I am careful about hygiene and personal behaviour I maximise my chances of there being no incidents.

I don't understand how you have determined "It's a virus, yes serious, but not any more so than the flu". Do we actually know this? It does seem to me that many people who will have caught it will have had very mild symptoms. But it also seems to behave much differently than the flu. It's in a different family of viruses altogether. Why are we even comparing the two?

What is your determination for which experts to listen to, and which to ignore?

As for Corona beer, well, it's piss water anyway, so they can do whatever they like--it'll still be beer so bad I couldn't even force myself to drink it when already drunk. :lol:

I listen to them all, and take a reasoned view from all points of view. Plus the stats(CDC) for flu in the USA alone from flu are horrendous. 

And have a safe journey. 

Edited by ri Alban

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
8 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Donald Trump is not thick. 

He certainly comes across as thick.

Jambos_1874
On 07/03/2020 at 10:34, Mauricio Pinilla said:

That is astonishing. He is mentally ill.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

I listen to them all, and take a reasoned view from all points of view. Plus the stats(CDC) for flu in the USA alone from flu are horrendous. 

And have a safe journey. 

True, it's why I pay for a jab every year.

And cheers! Fingers and toes crossed.

Trump will get a chance to show what he's made of in the next little while.

The COVID-19 virus outbreak is being layered on top of plunging oil prices and nose-diving stock markets.  The effect on world economies, including the USA, could be profound.

It'll be interesting to see how he turns this situation into a "Blame the Democrats" moment.

Sawdust Caesar
On 07/03/2020 at 11:08, fancy a brew said:

It doesn't take a body language expert to work out what he's thinking when he says "they deserve tremendous credit" while pointing at himself with both thumbs.

If the folk around him burst into spontaneous clapping it would be indistinguishable from North Korea.

It wouldn't surprise me if he ordered his staff, who accompany him wherever he goes, to carry a big notepad and write down all his utterings, just like the NK generals do with Kim.

Jambo-Jimbo

What happens if the Coronavirus is still going strong come November?

What happens to the election, can it even take place, if not does the Donald remain in charge until it's safe to hold an election,

If Trump remains in charge until it's safe, then that'll probably be sometime in 2032 if Trump could make sure there isn't a vaccine beforehand.

The signature achievements of the Trump administration have been the booming economy (which started 7 years before he was elected), the high stock market levels, and the very low level of unemployment.

The stock markets have now tanked (through no fault of Trump) and the economy is heading for recession.  It remains to be seen what effect these event will have on the level of unemployment.

In the meantime, the Democrats seem to be getting their act together and are rallying around Biden.

A couple of weeks ago a Trump re-election seemed the likeliest outcome in November.  It's not that way anymore.

J.T.F.Robertson
8 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

The signature achievements of the Trump administration have been the booming economy (which started 7 years before he was elected), the high stock market levels, and the very low level of unemployment.

The stock markets have now tanked (through no fault of Trump) and the economy is heading for recession.  It remains to be seen what effect these event will have on the level of unemployment.

In the meantime, the Democrats seem to be getting their act together and are rallying around Biden.

A couple of weeks ago a Trump re-election seemed the likeliest outcome in November.  It's not that way anymore.

Give me Bernie, any day of the week but due to the fact it would probably guarantee another four years of that gormless idiot, I'm willing to make concessions.

1 hour ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Give me Bernie, any day of the week but due to the fact it would probably guarantee another four years of that gormless idiot, I'm willing to make concessions.

I know what you mean, Jim.

COVID-19 has caught the Trump administration with their pants down.  They're looking clueless, which is not new, but suddenly the whole world is watching. At a time when science is the answer, the USA has a bunch of anti-scientists making decisions.

Trumps' re-election has been the total focus of the Trump administration and now they're scrambling on what spin to put on the current situation. The answer is in science, something Trump and his toadies refuse to believe exists.

It has to be Obama's fault.

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

I know what you mean, Jim.

COVID-19 has caught the Trump administration with their pants down.  They're looking clueless, which is not new, but suddenly the whole world is watching. At a time when science is the answer, the USA has a bunch of anti-scientists making decisions.

Trumps' re-election has been the total focus of the Trump administration and now they're scrambling on what spin to put on the current situation. The answer is in science, something Trump and his toadies refuse to believe exists.

It has to be Obama's fault.

You're telling me Trump isn't going to be the one to develop a vaccine? That's surprising. 

TRUMP: I like this stuff. I really get it… every one of these doctors said, ‘how do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability.

Alternatively perhaps this is a more apt place to post this video rather than where I originally posted it.

The Internet

Wonder if he did know all along and just didn't trust the Americans to accept the reality or if he genuinely thought it would stop at 15.

2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Wonder if he did know all along and just didn't trust the Americans to accept the reality or if he genuinely thought it would stop at 15.

All he cared about was protecting the stock market.Since he can't do that he can now switch to pretending he cares about the average American.

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

A head case.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Barack said:

I've pretty much stopped tearing into him on here.

Since I've recenty-ish joined Twitter, I find it far more enjoyable to do it on there, and to troll the thickest of Republican society.

:greggy:

👍

1 hour ago, Barack said:

I've pretty much stopped tearing into him on here.

Since I've recenty-ish joined Twitter, I find it far more enjoyable to do it on there, and to troll the thickest of Republican society.

:greggy:

👍😂

On 16/03/2020 at 01:14, J.T.F.Robertson said:

He's the only candidate to beat Trump consistently in the polls since about 2015. He'd win. All the democratic in the last election and in this one never consistently polled well against him.

3 hours ago, Dayman said:

He's the only candidate to beat Trump consistently in the polls since about 2015. He'd win. All the democratic in the last election and in this one never consistently polled well against him.

It should be awakening hearts and minds across the US that the Democratic establishment would rather put Joe Biden up, and lose to Trump, than put Bernie Sanders up, and win in November.

But it's not. To paraphrase what I told someone earlier, America is done, and it needs to burn to the ground and be rebuilt from the ashes in order to change. It is full of absolute morons, and it will take suffering and dying en masse for any of them to let go of their moronic beliefs. The injustice is that that will involve the suffering and dying of a lot of people who in no way deserve it, too, and many of those who do will be more or less unaffected. But that's simply the way it is, and there's little that can be done.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)