U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

11 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Just two minutes ago watched him on CNN. Bidens are crooks, Taylor and his lawyer are Never Trumps, everything is going well in Syria, with China, Dems are holding up signing of USMCA, the stock market broke records for about the 100th time. There is no doubt he is the greatest president ever, has the highest intellect, CNN is according to his answer to a reporter fake news. Every person is crazy, everyone is lying, everyone cheats except him . I am surprised he never mentioned the succesful building of a Wall in Colorado.

The man is physchologically impaired, he has so many complexes it would take a dozen Freuds to diagnose his problems let alone cure them.

y

Yip, going so well that the US is to deploy even more boots on the ground (rumoured to be mechanised infantry troops) to make sure that ISIS forces don't manage to get their hands on the Northern Syrian oilfields, that'll be the same ISIS fighters whom president tweet said were no more, defeated, gone, annihilated, wiped out, oh and hence weren't a threat anymore.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/10/deploy-troops-eastern-syrian-secure-oil-fields-191025022517393.html

• Replies 32.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Yip, going so well that the US is to deploy even more boots on the ground (rumoured to be mechanised infantry troops) to make sure that ISIS forces don't manage to get their hands on the Northern Syrian oilfields, that'll be the same ISIS fighters whom president tweet said were no more, defeated, gone, annihilated, wiped out, oh and hence weren't a threat anymore.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/10/deploy-troops-eastern-syrian-secure-oil-fields-191025022517393.html

It's interesting, but not surprising, that the US withdrew troops from Syria recently thereby exposing people, their former Kurdish allies, to attack and death, but are now redeploying troops to protect oil fields.  Clearly, oil fields are more important than people, even allies.

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

It's interesting, but not surprising, that the US withdrew troops from Syria recently thereby exposing people, their former Kurdish allies, to attack and death, but are now redeploying troops to protect oil fields.  Clearly, oil fields are more important than people, even allies.

Of all things to protect oilfields, he mentioned these self same oilfield a couple of days ago and suggested they were basically peanuts, as the USA was now the greatest producer of oil in the world. What just really blows my mind is how so many of those Republicans are afraid of this man, they don't seem to realise if he ever achieves his dream of being President for life they will be the first to end up in camps in Northern Alaska or somewhere.

1 minute ago, bobsharp said:

Of all things to protect oilfields, he mentioned these self same oilfield a couple of days ago and suggested they were basically peanuts, as the USA was now the greatest producer of oil in the world. What just really blows my mind is how so many of those Republicans are afraid of this man, they don't seem to realise if he ever achieves his dream of being President for life they will be the first to end up in camps in Northern Alaska or somewhere.

If he wants to inflict maximum pain on his enemies, don't send them to northern Alaska.  Make them live in Missouri, Mississippi, or Alabama. :wink:

4 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

come on bob you need to remember that in trumps eyes every country with us troops in it are a part of the good old us of a. so he is right about producing the most oil in the world

The Real Maroonblood
53 minutes ago, Cade said:

Judge grants Democrats access to the full, un-redacted Mueller report.

:jj:

Lovely jubbly.

The great and glorious leader for life has now directed all Federal Agencies that they must cancel any subscriptions to the New York Times and the Washington Post. Censorship by directive.

I seem to recall many many years ago a unity between Germany, Russia, and Italy. Now we have similar between Russia, United States and North Korea. Germany got into a policy of attacking media that did not fawn over the Leader, the great Leader aroused his support by giving enthusiastic rousing speeches in large sports arenas to thousands of loudly cheering fans. The leader flounted traditional mores of government and then started removing opposition leaders and followers. He focussed particularly in decrying one particular race, and enclosing them in special areas of containment.  He created a flourishing economy by manufacturing illegally weapons of war and vehicles of war, he created employment  by enlarging a massive military. One of his major successes was infrastructure building a superb road sysem called the Autobahn, it was a success, but was actually built for the purpose of ease of movemnent by the large military, supplies etc.

I suppose you have to be of a particular era to have actual memories of these terrible days, and prayed and wished nothing similar would ever happen again but here we are. The only difference is that when the shit hits the fan there will be no old men to one finger type the memory on an electronic wonder, this world and all in it will have been nuclearly destroyed by megliomanic maniacs.

President Trump announces the killing of top Isis leader in Syria. The attack led by American Special Forces, Trump who watched it all on TV reports how after a helicopter landing the Special Forces blew holes in a residence walls. They then chased the leader down a basement tunnel where he detonated a body bomb killing himself and his three children. Trump described him as a dog and a coward.

I guess watching it on TV  live in the situation room will qualify for Trump the award of a Combat service medal. It is indeed gratifying that his bone spurs allowed him to get this close to actual combat, and adjudge anothers cowardice.

15 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

President Trump announces the killing of top Isis leader in Syria. The attack led by American Special Forces, Trump who watched it all on TV reports how after a helicopter landing the Special Forces blew holes in a residence walls. They then chased the leader down a basement tunnel where he detonated a body bomb killing himself and his three children. Trump described him as a dog and a coward.

I guess watching it on TV  live in the situation room will qualify for Trump the award of a Combat service medal. It is indeed gratifying that his bone spurs allowed him to get this close to actual combat, and adjudge anothers cowardice.

I watched a little bit of Trump's announcement. His comments about the dead guy "crying and whining like a baby" were unnecessary and childish, akin to schoolyard boasting.

I turned off the TV when he said that ISIS were the best on the planet for using the internet, "except for Donald Trump."

The clown has the maturity of a 12-year old.

J.T.F.Robertson

I caught some of his triumphalism earlier.  He also said something to the effect Baghdadi ran "whimpering" to his death.

He's an arsehole (Baghdadi :) but that, coming from him ........ 

12 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I watched a little bit of Trump's announcement. His comments about the dead guy "crying and whining like a baby" were unnecessary and childish, akin to schoolyard boasting.

I turned off the TV when he said that ISIS were the best on the planet for using the internet, "except for Donald Trump."

If he'd been president when the human genome was sequenced, he'd have said, "This is one of the great achievements of America, of the world, in fact of humanity, maybe second after Donald J. Trump...".

17 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

that is the type of things people would doubt except it is the trump baby who is saying it 

I liked the bit when he banged on about him saying before 9/11 that Bin Laden should be killed and that if he'd been president then he'd have prevented 9/11.

:cornette:

Maria Bartiromo on Fox News, stated through her plumped  botox lips that Baghdadi was the worst terrorist leader ever in history. Basically paraphrasing Fox's hero Trump. She and Trump seem to have forgotten Osama Bin Laden who was killed by Special Forces under the Obama Presidency. He was the man who orchestrated the Twin Towers massacre,(but only if like me you believe terrorists brought it down) and had the extensive training camps in Afghanistan which led to the ongoing conflicts. Both were monsters and the persons bringing them down deserve credit for that. It should not be used as a political tool to reduce any credit for a previous administration.

Meanwhile in the White House Grisham states that General Kelly was"unequipped to handle the genius of our great President". This same man Trump who described a Vietnam honored veteran, a lifetime Diplomat, who came out of retirement to again serve his Country as human sc um.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Cade said:

I liked the bit when he banged on about him saying before 9/11 that Bin Laden should be killed and that if he'd been president then he'd have prevented 9/11.

:cornette:

What a lunatic Trump is.

10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Agree on  all the anti-Trump comments ... but is at least possible that killing an ISIS  leader might be a good thing?

Like so many of the things Trump does he spoils it when he goes off the prompter. Suffice to say U.S. Special Forces took part in a highly suc cesful action that ended with the elimination of a very seriously wanted terrorist.There  is no doubt in my or anyone elses mind that this was a highly succesful action. Are we really interested in how the man reacted at the time of his death, and is there any honor in describing him as a dog and a coward. Not for me anyway totally negative comments.

27 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Agree on  all the anti-Trump comments ... but is at least possible that killing an ISIS  leader might be a good thing?

Of course. But Trump makes little attempt to describe it as a good thing for the USA, but instead tries to turn into into a competition between him and Obama about which President killed the biggest terrorist.

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Like so many of the things Trump does he spoils it when he goes off the prompter. Suffice to say U.S. Special Forces took part in a highly suc cesful action that ended with the elimination of a very seriously wanted terrorist.There  is no doubt in my or anyone elses mind that this was a highly succesful action. Are we really interested in how the man reacted at the time of his death, and is there any honor in describing him as a dog and a coward. Not for me anyway totally negative comments.

Agreed on Trumps expected crude and self-serving response. Just felt some acknowledgement of the Special Forces successful action was justified. 

24 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Indeed it is a good thing, however Trump by revealing that Baghdadi blew himself up, turns Badhdadi into a martyr in the eyes of his supporters, because they can now say that Baghdadi martyred himself rather than letting the Americans kill him or even worse being taken alive by the infidels.

All Trump had to say was that Al Baghdadi was killed in the operation, there was no need to reveal how he died nor was there any need to inflame the situation further by calling Baghdadi a dog etc etc.

Bridge of Djoum
38 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

In light of his presidency and hopeful impeachment it is entirely possible the assassination never happened. I believe this is the 4th time  Baghdadi has been “killed”. 

11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Agreed on Trumps expected crude and self-serving response. Just felt some acknowledgement of the Special Forces successful action was justified. 

I agree with that sentiment totally.

The Real Maroonblood
19 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

In light of his presidency and hopeful impeachment it is entirely possible the assassination never happened. I believe this is the 4th time  Baghdadi has been “killed”. 

You might be right or it happened weeks ago but due to the possible impeachment he is trying to deflect.

Dagger Is Back

There is a way to conduct oneself when holding a position of such power and importance.

Once again Trump shows himself up as the classless buffoon that he is.

As others have said, this terrorist is now a martyr and Trumps comments about whimpering and dying like a dog, add no value whatsoever.

Suggesting that the footage of the raid could be made publicly available tells you all you need to know about this idiot

All he had to do was tell the world that the guy had been killed in a US operation and that IS had lost a key player 

Diplomat and Statesman? Don’t make me laugh

This plankton does not have a shred of decorum. He's every inch the overgrown spoiled child. I've just heard him on the radio talking about the raid.

If the US re elect him next year then I truly despair. He's an utter bellend.

3 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

This plankton does not have a shred of decorum. He's every inch the overgrown spoiled child. I've just heard him on the radio talking about the raid.

If the US re elect him next year then I truly despair. He's an utter bellend.

And yet Boris is close to a landslide. 

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

And yet Boris is close to a landslide. 

Is that true?  He'd win an election in a landslide?

3 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Is that true?  He'd win an election in a landslide?

We'll find out, very soon. All depends on one issue. But still, the man's every bit the bellchief Donald is.

Stones and glass houses comes to mind with some of our resident Tory/Brexiters.

Edited by ri Alban

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

We'll find out, very soon. All depends on one issue. But still, the man's every bit the bellchief Donald is.

It's true what they say: cancer spreads.

4 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

It's more Bravado spreads. The west has never been and never will be what it says on the tin. The land of the free and the UK have now shown their true face.

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

Nazis making a comeback in Germany, I see.

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'm neither of the last 2. I'm no fan of Boris whatsoever, but he's not the  semi literate ignoramus Trump is.

The Real Maroonblood
11 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

There is a way to conduct oneself when holding a position of such power and importance.

As others have said, this terrorist is now a martyr and Trumps comments about whimpering and dying like a dog, add no value whatsoever.

Suggesting that the footage of the raid could be made publicly available tells you all you need to know about this idiot

All he had to do was tell the world that the guy had been killed in a US operation and that IS had lost a key player 

Trump “He was a sick and depraved man.”

Just like yourself.

11 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Absolutely.

He is quite rightly being criticised for his words and rhetoric worldwide.

And now there is some dubiety about whether he watched the raid live or was playing golf and the WH has has to stage photos.

Wouldn't be surprised if by the time the day is out he is tweeting crass FAKE NEWS, calling out CROOKED HILARY and so on.

He is the President, just get a trusted journalist to ask him at his press conference and answer in a responsible manner.

2 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

I'm neither of the last 2. I'm no fan of Boris whatsoever, but he's not the  semi literate ignoramus Trump is.

I didn't say you were. But we can hardly mock the US when this arsehole is in power(Intelligence?). I've met plenty of intelligent thick feckers, btw.

Edited by ri Alban

11 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

Johnson is as big a narcissist, though.

10 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Absolutely.

He is quite rightly being criticised for his words and rhetoric worldwide.

And now there is some dubiety about whether he watched the raid live or was playing golf and the WH has has to stage photos.

Wouldn't be surprised if by the time the day is out he is tweeting crass FAKE NEWS, calling out CROOKED HILARY and so on.

He is the President, just get a trusted journalist to ask him at his press conference and answer in a responsible manner.

I'd be surprised if he was able to watch the raid without asking if they couldn't  speed it up a bit.

54 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I'd be surprised if he was able to watch the raid without asking if they couldn't  speed it up a bit.

or where is the controller i want to control them now

Malinga the Swinga

Heard some Republican lucky on radio earlier stating that even President Trumps critics should take a step back and say ' Well done Mr President, great work'. 

Why exactly does he deserve any credit as this was a plan devised by military intelligence and carried out by the military through its soldiers? He wasn't there, he played no part in it and he has no idea what it is like to serve and be part of such an operation. Just be dignified, quiet and pact like the President, not a big time arsehole.

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Heard some Republican lucky on radio earlier stating that even President Trumps critics should take a step back and say ' Well done Mr President, great work'. 

Why exactly does he deserve any credit as this was a plan devised by military intelligence and carried out by the military through its soldiers? He wasn't there, he played no part in it and he has no idea what it is like to serve and be part of such an operation. Just be dignified, quiet and pact like the President, not a big time arsehole.

He’s the Commander in Chief and he acts as if he was there.

An absolute roaster.

Dagger Is Back
10 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I didn't say you were. But we can hardly mock the US when this arsehole is in power(Intelligence?). I've met plenty of intelligent thick feckers, btw.

I disagree. I can think we can comfortably mock both. The masses didn’t vote Boris into power. 

5 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

5 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He’s the Commander in Chief and he acts as if he was there.

An absolute roaster.

He's definitely a roaster and he's certainly undignified, but he is also the Commander in Chief of the US armed forces.

As C-i-C he can take credit for the successes of his troops, and he carries the can for any failures. The sign on Harry Truman's desk was accurate; "The Buck Stops Here."

Trump was a smug, gloating git over the kill of the ISIS leader. Let's hope there will be no tragic mistake involving American forces that result in deaths, as I'm certain that Bone Spurs would be quick to blame someone else.

5 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I disagree. I can think we can comfortably mock both. The masses didn’t vote Boris into power. 

They soon will.

5 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

As C-i-C he can take credit for the successes of his troops, and he carries the can for any failures. The sign on Harry Truman's desk was accurate; "The Buck Stops Here."

His actions have made it far more difficult than it needed to be.

Report: Baghdadi Raid Succeeded Despite, Not Because of Trump

According to the Times, Trump’s withdrawal from Syria earlier this month threw a wrench into plans targeting al-Baghdadi, forcing military officials to speed up the mission aimed at taking out the ISIS leader. The Pentagon had reportedly been homing in on al-Baghdadi for months, thanks in part to intelligence provided by the Kurds Trump abandoned with his early October pull-out. But Trump’s announcement that the U.S. would clear out of Northern Syria, paving the way for a deadly Turkish incursion, put a ticking clock on the operation before “their ability to control troops, spies and reconnaissance aircraft disappeared.”

. . .

Lindsey Graham, who’d been critical of his decision to withdraw from Syria, has already said that the president deserves a “great deal of credit” for the operation. In actuality, though, Trump’s instincts created obstacles to carrying out the mission. As Axios noted Monday, the raid “relied on many tools President Trump has spurned”—namely, a presence on the ground in the Middle East that Trump has decried and the Kurdish allies he hung out to dry in Northern Syria. The successful operation may temporarily quell criticisms of his decision-making. But when the dust settles, concerns about his approach to foreign policy will return.

There have been a number of voices in the "liberal" American media, even the part of the media that could reasonably be considered liberal, like MSNBC, that the "lock him up" chants from the baseball crowd were not appropriate, that it was a sign of the spread of authoritarian sentiment in the US.

Nah.

image.png.9cbada558ca28c7f4863f5084fca8c14.png

image.png.96b44e13280bad25a00bdfa3e65631b1.png

https://twitter.com/TiffanyDCross/status/1188791263233036290

Edited by Justin Z

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)