U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

24 minutes ago, jake said:

So do her comments now put to bed the Russian collusion with Trump?

Absolutely not, and for this old, senile,slavering fart Putin still has his c lutches tight on Trump.

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, bobsharp said:

Absolutely not, and for this old, senile,slavering fart Putin still has his c lutches tight on Trump.

:spoton:

1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

It is not a binary, black/white, yes/no situation, jake.

Hmmm.

It was when Trump was outright accused though.

1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

It is possible to sensibly think Clinton was a terrible candidate and the Russians interfered in the election--and get this, either directly with Trump (probably, given the latest), or not.

The Russians will have always interfered .

The Americans always have.

The point I'm making here is it isn't just Hilary that was a bad candidate but that the Democrats like the article stated alienated a core of US voters.

With their regime change foreign policy and the now accepted leading role they played in Syria.

It's also possible to think it happened but ultimately didn't make the difference as she earned the loss 100% on her own. 

It's a bit more than that .

This isn't just about Trump.

It's about an unpopular President with the establishment  being falsely accused .

You cant just make things up because the guys a fool.

Dangerous times for democracy imo .

3 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

😁 

2 minutes ago, jake said:

Hmmm.

It's about an unpopular President with the establishment  being falsely accused .

Sorry mate, this entire post deserves multiples of this, but I've only the energy to type out one.

:jj_facepalm:

10 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Sorry mate, this entire post deserves multiples of this, but I've only the energy to type out one.

:jj_facepalm:

😄 

It's cool mate.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

What part are you agreeing with, the Putin part or the self description.:greggy:

Definitely Putin Bob.

1 hour ago, bobsharp said:

What part are you agreeing with, the Putin part or the self description.:greggy:

:lol: Now that's the kind of quality post I expect in this thread. Great to wake up and read after a nap.

Trump cancels Doral as venue for G7, will look for somewhere else.

Rick Perry to be questioned about his dealings with Ukrainean officials. Says Biden was never mentioned. He says as God is his witness. So I guess Trump will now have to appear at the Impeachment hearings on Perry's behalf.

Francis Albert

1000 days of a President who many said would not last three months yet still the tactics (a generous description) of the last 1000 days seem to be the only approach to dislodging  him. Impeachment FFS.

21 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

1000 days of a President who many said would not last three months yet still the tactics (a generous description) of the last 1000 days seem to be the only approach to dislodging  him. Impeachment FFS.

The only small ray of hope is that some of his support is a little bit less strong than it was Graham,  McConnel, and some lesser known are not siding with him particularly on Syria. The Doral thing was almost a give away to the Democrats, but he has dropped out of that. He is still on tenuous ground, but three months is certainly long past. I still believe he will not finish his first term, although it gets more difficult to convince myself each day.

7 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Trump will either die or be impeached before the end of his term. Only so many cheeseburgers he can eat in a day, and only so many things he can **** up.

We’re getting closer to the end though. 

On 20/10/2019 at 09:58, bobsharp said:

Trump cancels Doral as venue for G7, will look for somewhere else.

His lack of judgement for even proposing that in the first place is staggering.

Trump would have really enjoyed being a leader in one of the many countries where you can actually run your country as your personal fiefdom (perhaps why he has expressed admiration for someone who does, Kim Jong-un). I don't think he realises yet that the U.S. doesn't (normally) work in that way.

23 minutes ago, Barack said:

Thanks to a complicit Republican Senate, he gets away with it time after time.

- The G7 thing might be going away, but foreign dignitaries visiting the USA stay at Trump hotels on an ongoing basis.

- US military personnel overseas stay at Trump hotels regularly.

- Mike Pence travelled far out of his way to stay at a Trump property when he was visiting Ireland.

All of that is in violation of the Emoluments clause in the US Constitution, but no-one in the Republican party says a word.

A poll shown on CNN shows Trumps disapproval rating rising, his approval rating dropping. Lindsey Graham changing his tune states Trumps new Syria move was a masterpiece. I guess this coming Sundays tee time for him at Mara Lago was cancelled so he is kissing his masters ass again.

49 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

A poll shown on CNN shows Trumps disapproval rating rising, his approval rating dropping. Lindsey Graham changing his tune states Trumps new Syria move was a masterpiece. I guess this coming Sundays tee time for him at Mara Lago was cancelled so he is kissing his masters ass again.

If there is a bigger weasel in US politics than Lindsey Graham, I've no idea who it would be.

12 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

You know how I know Trump supporters don't give a flying **** about America or the Constitution?

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1186333428519706625

Ah yes but as the President of the United States says, and I agree totally if your rich and you give up two to five billion dollars who cares. Of course it helps when his like mine is a total figment of our imaginations.

Slight Side note: has Don surpassed Obama’s spending on travel expenses to Mar A Lago (etc)? 
I know earlier in the year he was only short by $13m ($110m spent in slightly over 2 years) of Obama’s total spend over 8 the years. 

27 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Slight Side note: has Don surpassed Obama’s spending on travel expenses to Mar A Lago (etc)? 
I know earlier in the year he was only short by $13m ($110m spent in slightly over 2 years) of Obama’s total spend over 8 the years. 

he's at $110m, probably higher.

https://trumpgolfcount.com/

52 minutes ago, gjcc said:

"I'm going to be working for you. I'm going to be too busy to play golf," said President Liar in the run-up to the 2016 election.

As of last week, he had visited golf clubs 223 times at a cost of $110 million to the taxpayers in less than three years.  How can anyone in the US take this orange-faced liar seriously?

Just now, Maple Leaf said:

"I'm going to be working for you. I'm going to be too busy to play golf," said President Liar in the run-up to the 2016 election.

As of last week, he had visited golf clubs 223 times at a cost of $110 million to the taxpayers in less than three years.  How can anyone in the US take this orange-faced liar seriously?

His adoring brainwashed base presumably.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Maple Leaf said:

The ones that follow him are simpletons.

None of his base question when he says I promised I would build the Wall, its beautiful, was there however no a wee bittie about Mexico paying for it.

On 19/10/2019 at 16:51, jake said:

Hmmm.

You ought to read this

https://t.co/mvJfFRTIQr?amp=1

It's Bill Taylor's statement in his deposition. Bill Taylor, who's served as a diplomat under Republican and Democratic administrations since the 80s. Who has extensive experience in Ukraine and in dealing with Ukrainian governmental machinations. He just made this statement to the House Intelligence Committee today. You should read it. And then you should stop making outrageous posts like this.

As for me, I'm just looking forward to the right wing media complex--the actual establishment--tearing apart someone who's served the US for half a century, because he's dared to tell the truth. Dangerous times for democracy indeed.

A snip. But read the whole thing.

image.png.69950a8a73a470c36f5ade7ccd587b89.png

29 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

You ought to read this

https://t.co/mvJfFRTIQr?amp=1

It's Bill Taylor's statement in his deposition. Bill Taylor, who's served as a diplomat under Republican and Democratic administrations since the 80s. Who has extensive experience in Ukraine and in dealing with Ukrainian governmental machinations. He just made this statement to the House Intelligence Committee today. You should read it. And then you should stop making outrageous posts like this.

As for me, I'm just looking forward to the right wing media complex--the actual establishment--tearing apart someone who's served the US for half a century, because he's dared to tell the truth. Dangerous times for democracy indeed.

A snip. But read the whole thing.

image.png.69950a8a73a470c36f5ade7ccd587b89.png

If I was back many years ago and this was a crime report by one of my investigators I would first compliment him on the  comprehensive quality of his report, I would then discuss with him not the charge he was considering for the main accused but because two or more persons were so involved that conspiracy would have to be considered by the investigator and the prosecutors office. I realise this is not a criminal case but the manner of writing and the thought put into it have similareities, and I have read many.

So conservative politicians storm closed doors of Impeachment witness hearings. Anarchy is that how you spell it, with unhinged, mentally deficient, lies it seems the Trum presidency is going to hell in a wheel barrow, how long before the Base start to use violence in his name. The politicians seem to think it is appropriate.

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

You'd shake your head & laugh in disbelief, if it was a Banana Republic this is all playing out in.

It's the United States of America. Every new day literally Trump's the previous.

There was some discussion later that there was a meeting at the White House yesterday and this was the strategy discussed, what else but to cause a distraction and reduce seeing the reports of what witnesses are saying. So Der Trumper is involved again. 

The man is a complete idiot, he criticises in a tweet the man who gave the damning evidence yesterday. Trump says he doesn't know him and bad mouths him. Turns out the man was basically retired and Pompeo begged him to take the the job in the Ukraine. So now indirectly Trump makes Pompeo look either stupid or disloyal. It really beggars belief as you say that this is going on unrestricted in the U.S.A.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

You'd shake your head & laugh in disbelief, if it was a Banana Republic this is all playing out in.

It's the United States of America. Every new day literally Trump's the previous.

Thuggish behaviour by the Republicans.

It should be no surprise that they'd behave in such a manner to protect a thuggish president.

20 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Thuggish behaviour by the Republicans.

It should be no surprise that they'd behave in such a manner to protect a thuggish president.

I wonder what their reaction would have been if the people inside feeling threatened pulled out guns and opened fire

Politicians in thinking they are above the law shock horror.

I hope they all get charged.

America is ****ed.

Good.

All hail our new Chinese overlords

Trump referred to some appointees who he claims were Never Trumpers as human scum. A term apparently never heard used in the White House before. Sometimes you think a person has hit rock bottom and can go no lower, but Trump never fails to deny physics.

Edited by bobsharp

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
8 hours ago, milky_26 said:

I wonder what their reaction would have been if the people inside feeling threatened pulled out guns and opened fire

By rights, every single one of them should have been shot dead.

They're white, though.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
8 hours ago, milky_26 said:

By rights, every single one of them should have been shot dead.

They're white, though.

11 hours ago, Justin Z said:

And there you have it, the reason why Trump 'joked' about extending his term as President beyond the maximum two terms.

He knows that as soon as he walks out of that White House he's fecked, he's finished, it will be open season on him.

I just hope he lives long enough to see his business empire crumble & fall around his ears, and it will.

The hypocrisy of Lindsey Graham, the thuggish behaviour of House Republicans in storming hearings, the red-faced rants of Trump all point to one inescapable conclusion ... the Republicans are panicking.

Trump is their only chance of winning the 2020 election, yet the evidence is growing that he is probably guilty of crimes and misdemeanours by seeking help from foreign governments in smearing his political opponent.  And he's probably guilty of violating the emoluments clause in the US Constitution.  But rather than let all the evidence-gathering play out, they're attacking the process.

Deflect, deflect.

Anthony Scaramucci, Republican, former Director of Communications at the WH, and a former Trump ally, is predicting that Trump will resign before the end of his term. I'm not sure about that, as being President is a great shield against criminal charges for the Pumpkin Man, but we'll see.

4 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

The hypocrisy of Lindsey Graham, the thuggish behaviour of House Republicans in storming hearings, the red-faced rants of Trump all point to one inescapable conclusion ... the Republicans are panicking.

Trump is their only chance of winning the 2020 election, yet the evidence is growing that he is probably guilty of crimes and misdemeanours by seeking help from foreign governments in smearing his political opponent.  And he's probably guilty of violating the emoluments clause in the US Constitution.  But rather than let all the evidence-gathering play out, they're attacking the process.

Deflect, deflect.

Anthony Scaramucci, Republican, former Director of Communications at the WH, and a former Trump ally, is predicting that Trump will resign before the end of his term. I'm not sure about that, as being President is a great shield against criminal charges for the Pumpkin Man, but we'll see.

The only way Trump the author of the Art of the Deal will resign is if he makes a deal that he will be pardonned for his Presidential misdemeanours, and future criminal and tax investigations be stayed. Anything less would incur long jail terms for he and his offspring. With the high possibility of bankruptcy.

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Deflect, deflect.

Hopefully tick tock for this cretan. 

1 hour ago, bobsharp said:

The only way Trump the author of the Art of the Deal will resign is if he makes a deal that he will be pardonned for his Presidential misdemeanours, and future criminal and tax investigations be stayed. Anything less would incur long jail terms for he and his offspring. With the high possibility of bankruptcy.

Personally, I don't think he'll resign, no matter what the House enquiry reveals.  He likes the protection that comes with being President.  And he had a mentor in Roy Cohn, who was Joe McCarthy's chief counsel (subsequently disbarred for unethical conduct), who taught Trump to lie, deny, sue, never admit guilt and never apologise for anything.

When the time comes for Trump to leave office, he will have amassed so much money from his time as President, that any charges against him or his family will be defended by an army of lawyers so that nothing will stick.

29 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Personally, I don't think he'll resign, no matter what the House enquiry reveals.  He likes the protection that comes with being President.  And he had a mentor in Roy Cohn, who was Joe McCarthy's chief counsel (subsequently disbarred for unethical conduct), who taught Trump to lie, deny, sue, never admit guilt and never apologise for anything.

When the time comes for Trump to leave office, he will have amassed so much money from his time as President, that any charges against him or his family will be defended by an army of lawyers so that nothing will stick.

Just two minutes ago watched him on CNN. Bidens are crooks, Taylor and his lawyer are Never Trumps, everything is going well in Syria, with China, Dems are holding up signing of USMCA, the stock market broke records for about the 100th time. There is no doubt he is the greatest president ever, has the highest intellect, CNN is according to his answer to a reporter fake news. Every person is crazy, everyone is lying, everyone cheats except him . I am surprised he never mentioned the succesful building of a Wall in Colorado.

The man is physchologically impaired, he has so many complexes it would take a dozen Freuds to diagnose his problems let alone cure them.

y

2 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Just two minutes ago watched him on CNN. Bidens are crooks, Taylor and his lawyer are Never Trumps, everything is going well in Syria, with China, Dems are holding up signing of USMCA, the stock market broke records for about the 100th time. There is no doubt he is the greatest president ever, has the highest intellect, CNN is according to his answer to a reporter fake news. Every person is crazy, everyone is lying, everyone cheats except him . I am surprised he never mentioned the succesful building of a Wall in Colorado.

The man is physchologically impaired, he has so many complexes it would take a dozen Freuds to diagnose his problems let alone cure them.

y

He's either deranged or a very good actor.  I'll go with the former.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)