• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
9 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Snakeoil sellers with blind followers immune to facts.  

In other words, you're full of shit.

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

That's a single observation, highly subjective. Here's an objective summary of Trump:

- a self-confessed sexual assaulter of women

- a person who says that there are good people among neo-Nazis

- he thinks that people from Mexico and central America are rapists and criminals

- he has tried to ban Muslims from entering the USA 

- by count, he has lied to the American people thousands of times

- asylum-seeking families have had their children taken and confined to cages

- he has publicly ridiculed handicapped people

- at his rallies, he has encouraged his followers to attack dissenters

- he has placed his family members in positions of power

I'm sure there are more Trump excesses, but I put that list together in about three minutes.  Trump's followers are aware of all that and accept it.

Are you claiming that Sturgeon followers are similar to that?  

9 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Your periodic reminder that JackLadd is:

- A Brexiteer who calls his opponents "Remoaners"

- A Boris Johnson supporter. 

6 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Your periodic reminder that JackLadd is:

- A Brexiteer who calls his opponents "Remoaners"

- A Boris Johnson supporter. 

Ah.  Thanks for the clarification.

J.T.F.Robertson

"If Russia wants to get involved in Syria, let them".

Where's he think they've been for years now?

Trump's view on Syria/Turkey/Kurdistan/Russia:

“I view the situation on the Turkish border with Syria to be, for the United States, strategically brilliant.”

“Our soldiers are out of there, they’re totally safe.”

“Our soldiers are not in harm’s way, as they shouldn’t be as two countries fight over land. That has nothing to do with us.”  
“The Kurds are much safer right now, but the Kurds know how to fight. And as I said they’re not angels, they’re not angels."

“We paid a lot of money for them to fight with us and that’s OK.”  
“They did well when they fought with us they didn’t do so well when they didn’t fight with us.”

“Syria may have some help with Russia, and that’s fine. It’s a lot of sand.” 

“They’ve got a lot of sand over there. So there’s a lot of sand that they can play with."

The man is a complete imbecile.

EHByLr9W4AAIOvY?format=jpg&name=large

I just want to say this because you may be wondering: Yes, it's real. It's been confirmed by the White House as real.

What. The. ****.

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

I just want to say this because you may be wondering: Yes, it's real. It's been confirmed by the White House as real.

What. The. ****.

:rofl:
There’s wiser folk locked up.

48 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

The insane clown has to be Putin's puppet. 

It makes you wonder.  His recent actions in Syria have played right into Putin's hand.

Trump's presidency has lowered America's stature in the world. So much for MAGA.

23 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

What. The. ****.

A high school English student would get a failing grade for that letter. It would be beyond belief except that we've had almost three years to get accustomed to Trump's childishness.

He's the most powerful politician on the planet and he's sending tripe like that to another world leader.  Have all his advisers resigned?

2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

It makes you wonder.  His recent actions in Syria have played right into Putin's hand.

Trump's presidency has lowered America's stature in the world. So much for MAGA.

Was just about to post that exact thing.

Trump is almost single-handedly destroying the influence the US has been building since WW2 and even before.

As far as I can see, there is only one country gonna win the trade war, and that's the one that makes everything for the rest of the world.

It will be even worse for the US if the EU get's it **** together and starts taxing all the US tech companies.

34 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

What. The. ****.

Twitter's a dick with images, here you go

EHByLr9W4AAIOvY.thumb.jpg.e77358ad9523e1dec57bdd1ab225b2df.jpg

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Twitter's a dick with images, here you go

EHByLr9W4AAIOvY.thumb.jpg.e77358ad9523e1dec57bdd1ab225b2df.jpg

Trump had a meeting with senior Democrats today. That letter was mentioned in after meeting interviews, some feel because of the date of writing that it was " cover your ass" never sent effort. Trump was variously described as belligerent from the start of the meeting, got mad at Nancy Pelosi and called her a third rate polititician. He was also described as unhinged. His conduct prompted the Democrats to get up and leave the meeting as a group. He also described General Mattis as a weak general.

There was a vote in Congress regarding the Syria action he took it was voted in favor by over 300 reps, with votes in the sixties against. Mitch McConnel was asked about the mood in the meeting said he wasn't there to monitor it  and didn't.

Support is fading. Graham is being quite outspoken, and McConnel is not expressing any agreement with Trump Rand Paul is apparently also stating disagreement with the action of the President.

Dumpty Trumpty sat on a wall,

Dumpty Trumpy had a big fall,

All the ass lickers, position bought men

Couldn't put Dumpty Trumpy in the White House again.

Edited by bobsharp

The Real Maroonblood
10 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

The way he talks about the US military is like he views them as a protection racket.He is like a cartoon mob boss.

That sums him up.

42 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

The White House has announced that the G7 summit will be held at Trump's Doral Golf Course. Corruption in plain sight :facepalm:

I've often wondered how that draining of the swamp is coming along, seems to have went a bit quiet lately, just like the wall Mexico was paying for.

Breaking News.

US saying that Turkey has agreed to a ceasefire in Syria.

US also saying that the US will help evacuate Kurdish forces out of Turkey's proposed 'safe area'.........guess that'll be the same Kurdish forces who have now aligned themselves up with Assad's regime who along with their Russian comrades have moved into the very area's the US is going to help the Kurds to evacuate from, notwithstanding that the Kurds consider that land to be their territory.

Great idea, what possibly could go wrong........................ 

Mitt Romney gave an excellent presentation in the Senate today.Demands an immediate Hearing about the action.

Turks say it is not a cease fire merely a five day pause.

Trump heading for Air Force one says all it took was tough love.

3 hours ago, bobsharp said:

Mitt Romney gave an excellent presentation in the Senate today.Demands an immediate Hearing about the action.

Turks say it is not a cease fire merely a five day pause.

Trump heading for Air Force one says all it took was tough love.

He really doesn't give two ****s about human life at all apart from his own.

The acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney has admitted that Trump withheld aid to the Ukraine unless they investigated the Democrats, a claim which the holier-than-thou whiter than white greatest betrayer in history said never happened.

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/10/18/trump-mulvaney-sondland-quid-pro-quo-kth-ac360-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/this-week-in-politics/

Saw a tweet earlier that Erdogan should be caled the greatest deal maker in history.

Got a lot of what he wanted and done up the greatest self-acclaimed greatest deal maker like a kipper.

2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Saw a tweet earlier that Erdogan should be caled the greatest deal maker in history.

Got a lot of what he wanted and done up the greatest self-acclaimed greatest deal maker like a kipper.

I am not sure that Erdogan did not get the deal that Trump wanted also. Trump has two big projects,Trump Towers in Istanbul. What can the Kurds do for him. Trump is the worst human being to sit in the office of President of the United States I have evers seen.

He was once described by an individual as a terrible human being.

He has so much compassion for American soldiers, and those who die for their Country, when he could have been one he didn't do it not because he is anti war, but because he is anti getting hurt or killed as a soldier, so in a cowardly way he used his fathers money for a false medical diagnosis to avoid service. Disgusting.

3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Turkey have kompromat on what the White House (specifically, Jared Kushner) knew in advance of Khashoggi's murder. That's why Trump's behaved like this.

Edited by shaun.lawson

iGeneral Mattis the former cabinet member was at a Roast last night. Some of his comments were quite funny. He joked about  Trump calling him an overrated General, adding later that he was the worlds most overrated General. Mattis referred to Merle Streep also being assessed by Trump as the worlds most over  rated actress. He then added I guess that makes me the Merle Streep of Generals. He also quoted a speech by Abraham Lincoln about an opponent, he then summarised that the criticisms also described Trump. I didn't hear the last comment but he is reported to have stated " I earned my spurs on the battlefield" obviously a reference to Trumps bone spurs.

Take that Donald a hero referring to your failure to serve.

I admire a man that has the patience to let a slur pass by until the time is right to respond, I am sure it gains much more impact and pleasure.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
40 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

iGeneral Mattis the former cabinet member was at a Roast last night. Some of his comments were quite funny. He joked about  Trump calling him an overrated General, adding later that he was the worlds most overrated General. Mattis referred to Merle Streep also being assessed by Trump as the worlds most over  rated actress. He then added I guess that makes me the Merle Streep of Generals. He also quoted a speech by Abraham Lincoln about an opponent, he then summarised that the criticisms also described Trump. I didn't hear the last comment but he is reported to have stated " I earned my spurs on the battlefield" obviously a reference to Trumps bone spurs.

Take that Donald a hero referring to your failure to serve.

I admire a man that has the patience to let a slur pass by until the time is right to respond, I am sure it gains much more impact and pleasure.

23 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Thank you I heard about it but hadn't seen it, that was classic, and timely, because his serving generals are a bit upset at him over the Syria deal where Trump saw fit to not listen to them.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
58 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Thank you I heard about it but hadn't seen it, that was classic, and timely, because his serving generals are a bit upset at him over the Syria deal where Trump saw fit to not listen to them.

👍

50 minutes ago, jake said:

Interesting read .

Hilary now saying that the Russians didnt collude with Trump but in fact colluded with people fro her own party.

And that's why she lost to Trump.

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2019/10/19/clin-o19.html?fbclid=IwAR3CCEEEiubODE5vm7LkpmI_rEW57_H1t7vKuJX_ePHgqaEe8SF1mGBreQs

She lost simply because she was incompetent and incapable. This latest fantasy is about another Dem with whom she has differences and is a Democrat candidate for the Presidency. Its time she realised she is a has been, and could never live down to allowing herself to be defeated by the ogre that is now President. She was on TV earlier starting to tpout her daughter for politics.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

She lost simply because she was incompetent and incapable. This latest fantasy is about another Dem with whom she has differences and is a Democrat candidate for the Presidency. Its time she realised she is a has been, and could never live down to allowing herself to be defeated by the ogre that is now President. She was on TV earlier starting to tpout her daughter for politics.

I agree. She had a poor campaign and paid the price and let this clown in power. 

1 hour ago, bobsharp said:

So do her comments now put to bed the Russian collusion with Trump?

8 minutes ago, jake said:

So do her comments now put to bed the Russian collusion with Trump?

It is not a binary, black/white, yes/no situation, jake.

It is possible to sensibly think Clinton was a terrible candidate and the Russians interfered in the election--and get this, either directly with Trump (probably, given the latest), or not.

It's also possible to think it happened but ultimately didn't make the difference as she earned the loss 100% on her own.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)