U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

6 minutes ago, jake said:

According to what I've seen.

It's part of the picture as a whole is it not?

I realise that the boundaries of the discussion can change and are not necessarily limited strictly to Trump, but a possible link between the Clinton Foundation and Ukraine seems well off-topic to me.

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, jake said:

And yet elected Bob.

He should be easy to beat yet the russian stuff now the Ukrainian stuff.

Fair enough but brought by the same group of people who had much more involvement.

It all stinks really.

The fact that seems to slip some Jake is that Trump was not elected by the majority popular vote, he got in by way of the electoral college, and the blame for that was Hillary Clintons total neglect of States such as Wisconsin and Michigan that she did not bother to campaign in. So he did win the election, but as has been proven by many the man who is elected is not always the person one thought they were when casting their vote.

I always go back to my upraising where the mantra was from my mother I don't care what  so and so do  its no reason for you to do it. So if Clinton and Biden commited crimes do something but do not use it for a defence to your crimes, neither of them are or ever will be President but you Mr Trump are and you should be held to higher principles..

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, jake said:

Is it true that Ukraine gave more money to the Clinton foundation than any other country in the world?

:cornette_dog:

Since Trump became President, some people have wondered why no-one has tried to put a bullet in him, he's been so controversial. The answer always was that the nut-jobs who might be inclined to kill were probably all Trump supporters.

Now that he has betrayed the Kurds, the situation has changed.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if some aggrieved Kurd, living in the USA, decides to take matters into his own hands and seek revenge.

I hope that the Security Service are stepping up their vigilance.  As much as I dislike Trump, I would hate to see another JFK-like tragedy.  

24 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Since Trump became President, some people have wondered why no-one has tried to put a bullet in him, he's been so controversial. The answer always was that the nut-jobs who might be inclined to kill were probably all Trump supporters.

Now that he has betrayed the Kurds, the situation has changed.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if some aggrieved Kurd, living in the USA, decides to take matters into his own hands and seek revenge.

I hope that the Security Service are stepping up their vigilance.  As much as I dislike Trump, I would hate to see another JFK-like tragedy.  

Not sure controversial does it justice

10 minutes ago, Barack said:

I mean...just...

Screenshot_20191009-215132_Twitter.jpg

He's a blabbering clown who clearly understands nothing about foreign policy.

The only three nations fighting against the Germans in Normandy were the USA, The UK, and Canada.  By Trump's reasoning, therefore, nobody else counts.

Aye those damn Kurds only want to fight for their land, I bet you would too Donald, with your high intellect, readiness for a fight, big strong man, I bet you often wish with your military school education couldn't wait to get into action. I won't mention cowardice because the last time I did I was accused of being a James Bond wannabe, an internet hardman and questioned if I ever was in a situation where I could have faced death. Oh by the way that guy I called a coward is at present awaitng trial for failing to do his duty resulting in the deaths of many kids. By By the way his lawyer also referred to his cowardice. The same fate awaits Mr Trump, the I won't go warrior.

On 08/10/2019 at 06:21, chuck berrys hairline said:

The Faux sympathy over the Kurds 🤣

What about Trump's speach on pulling his army out 💙 what a man if only we could have someone to just make decisions based on balls and not "others feelings"

MAGA2020

If Sanders is the opposition the Dems are ****ed

This is the reality or part of it (doesn't show civilians being killed)

7 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

The only three nations fighting against the Germans in Normandy were the USA, The UK, and Canada.  By Trump's reasoning, therefore, nobody else counts.

Hey Donald! WW2 started in 1939, when did the USA join in?

SectionDJambo

The US, under the brainstorming leadership of the wisest man on Earth, has just repeated the mistake they made to create the threat from Bin Laden. They left him and his people high and dry after they had helped them defeat the USSR in Afghanistan, and now they’re doing it to the Kurds.

Won’t be a big surprise if, in the fullness of time, something bad befalls the US mainland again as a result of this further betrayal by it’s “leader”. Only a fool doesn’t learn from history.

I wonder if Trump will expect NATO to help sweep up the mess this time, as they had to do last time, with consequences we are all still wary of.

NATO, the subject of many a rant from the wise one, has still only retaliated once after an attack on a member. That being the US after they created the monster that bit them back on their own soil last time.

10 hours ago, Justin Z said:

https://twitter.com/JenGriffinFNC/status/1182053870744276993

(Thread, click to read in full)

This is intolerable.

Thats a tough read. 

Trump giving way to pressure from his Islamic pals in Turkey to protect his 119 business interests there whilst at the same time sentencing thousands to death and the probable release of hundreds of battle hardened Islamic terrorists from prison who (some) will likely make their way west to mainland Europe.

Nice guy that Trump eh?

Edited by Pans Jambo

Scnorthedinburgh
13 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

And what would his family back then, be doing at Normandy?

13 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Yeah, and Czeckoslovakia, Belgium, France, Holland, Poland, New Zealand, Greece, Australia, Norway and troops from the Commonwealth countries like India, Rhodesia and Jamaica etc.

Trump's an erse!

2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

The US, under the brainstorming leadership of the wisest man on Earth, has just repeated the mistake they made to create the threat from Bin Laden. They left him and his people high and dry after they had helped them defeat the USSR in Afghanistan, and now they’re doing it to the Kurds.

Won’t be a big surprise if, in the fullness of time, something bad befalls the US mainland again as a result of this further betrayal by it’s “leader”. Only a fool doesn’t learn from history.

I wonder if Trump will expect NATO to help sweep up the mess this time, as they had to do last time, with consequences we are all still wary of.

NATO, the subject of many a rant from the wise one, has still only retaliated once after an attack on a member. That being the US after they created the monster that bit them back on their own soil last time.

I'm glad someone has brought this up, because it's true, if history does repeat itself as it often tends to do, instead of saving American lives, Trump has just condemmed tens of thousands of American soldiers to die on the battlefields of the Middle East, because sooner or later somebody is going to have to send the troops back in to sort out Trump's mess, but by then the whole region could be ablaze, including Israel.

And as night follows day...the consequence.

I'm sure Boris put a load of pressure on Donald to rethink.

Oh but we will be out EU and they'll be no refugees coming to the the UK because of it...

Edited by DETTY29

I P Knightley
19 hours ago, bobsharp said:

The fact that seems to slip some Jake is that Trump was not elected by the majority popular vote, he got in by way of the electoral college, and the blame for that was Hillary Clintons total neglect of States such as Wisconsin and Michigan that she did not bother to campaign in. So he did win the election, but as has been proven by many the man who is elected is not always the person one thought they were when casting their vote.

I always go back to my upraising where the mantra was from my mother I don't care what  so and so do  its no reason for you to do it. So if Clinton and Biden commited crimes do something but do not use it for a defence to your crimes, neither of them are or ever will be President but you Mr Trump are and you should be held to higher principles..

Bet, being an imbecile, he sees the post of President as being one that allows him to do what the eff he likes without question. Thinks he's King of the Castle rather than a leader of a nation. 

17 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

That's an interesting take on the word "tragedy"...

2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

That's an interesting take on the word "tragedy"...

A father of two young children, being violently killed for his actions as President, with his blood and brains splattered all over his wife, constitutes a tragedy, imo.

Seems that Trump is starting to fall out of love with his Propaganda Channel otherwise known as Fox News, he's having a hissy fit at them because they have been releasing opinion polls which are not to the 'Great One's' liking.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/10/trump-attacks-fox-news-over-impeachment-poll.html

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Seems that Trump is starting to fall out of love with his Propaganda Channel otherwise known as Fox News, he's having a hissy fit at them because they have been releasing opinion polls which are not to the 'Great One's' liking.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/10/trump-attacks-fox-news-over-impeachment-poll.html

All is not well in the Trump Fantasyland.  It must be Fake Nooz! 

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And both of them born in the former U.S.S.R.

Just making an observation, that's all.

I did notice that the BBC article seemed to go out of it's way to state they were 'Soviet-born'. Teehee

Edited by trotter

4 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And both of them born in the former U.S.S.R.

Just making an observation, that's all.

1 minute ago, trotter said:

I did notice that the BBC article went out of it's way to state they were 'Soviet-born'. Teehee

One wonders why the Soviets/Russians love Trump so much that they helped him get elected.  Couldn't possibly be because of any business-related matters.  It must be because of his cheerful personality.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Just a few hours until the orange one arrives in Minneapolis to have a campaign rally about keeping America great.  It'll be interesting to hear his rhetoric and tone in a metro area that's far more inclusive than the surrounding areas and is home to both a huge Somali population as well as a large LGBT community.   I say interesting, what i really mean is that i'm pretty sure we'll hear veiled or unveiled attacks on immigrants and anyone that isn't a rabid ****wit.

57 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Trump has went too far pulling out of the Syrian conflict?

Dont fek with the CIA .

30 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

One wonders why the Soviets/Russians love Trump so much that they helped him get elected.  Couldn't possibly be because of any business-related matters.  It must be because of his cheerful personality.

Perhaps it's because the previous US regime aggressively circled the Russians.

Or are you repeating the same baseless Russian angle that has never been proven.

58 minutes ago, trotter said:

Two of his campaign donors in soapy bubble as well now:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50003330

If we are looking at US politics in this manner then it's worth noting that all the politic are in the pay of foreign companies and governments.

I do hope that this presidency  opens peoples eyes.

But it wont.

18 minutes ago, jake said:

Trump has went too far pulling out of the Syrian conflict?

Dont fek with the CIA .

Rarely ends well for whoever does.

Kalamazoo Jambo
2 hours ago, trotter said:

They booked one-way flights out of the country, the day before they were meant to testify before Congress, and hours after having met with Rudy Giuliani at Trump's D.C. hotel. Nothing to see here, though.

1 hour ago, jake said:

Or are you repeating the same baseless Russian angle that has never been proven.

What angle would that be?

2 hours ago, jake said:

I am not sure Jake it is totally c orrect to say it was not proven. Mueller did not act on his findings because of DOJ policy on not acting against a sitting President. It was neither proved or disproved, although Mueller did not state that the President was innocent of the actions alleged, he referred his findings to another body namely Congress who could have as is being done now convened an Impeachment Inquiry. Patience paid because the very next day Trump made the now famous call to the Ukrainean President and asked for a favor concerning a political opponent for which he is now being investigated for by Congress.

6 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

I am not sure Jake it is totally c orrect to say it was not proven. Mueller did not act on his findings because of DOJ policy on not acting against a sitting President. It was neither proved or disproved, although Mueller did not state that the President was innocent of the actions alleged, he referred his findings to another body namely Congress who could have as is being done now convened an Impeachment Inquiry. Patience paid because the very next day Trump made the now famous call to the Ukrainean President and asked for a favor concerning a political opponent for which he is now being investigated for by Congress.

Jake also misunderstood what I posted. 

I never said that Trump colluded with the Russians. What I said was that the Russians helped Trump get elected, and all 17 of the US intelligence agencies are agreed on that point.

10 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Bob.

I honestly despair that Trump is where we are.

But if there is anything to take from this is that for me the biggest fek up is that its style over substance.

No one can possibly disagree .

For every critique of Trump policy wise I'd bet Obama was to the right .

Or paper thin difference.

4 hours ago, trotter said:

Those Soviet-born individuals, charged with funnelling foreign money into the Trump campaign, were arrested as they tried to flee the USA with one-way tickets out of the country.  

A few hours earlier, Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani had lunch with them in the Trump International Hotel in DC. Move along folks, nothing to see here.

3 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Those Soviet-born individuals, charged with funnelling foreign money into the Trump campaign, were arrested as they tried to flee the USA with one-way tickets out of the country.  

A few hours earlier, Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani had lunch with them in the Trump International Hotel in DC. Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Rudi Giyliani

Shyster from way back

I always expect to turn up in a Scorsese film as council man on the take

What a roaster

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Dodging the draft like he did with Vietnam.

Didn't Trumps father who was actually German but had lived in Denmark come to the States as a Dane, and only later was revealed as German. He did not if I understand it serve in a war. His mother Trumps that is is actually of Scots heritage. So like it or not we are half at fault.

5 hours ago, bobsharp said:

Didn't Trumps father who was actually German but had lived in Denmark come to the States as a Dane, and only later was revealed as German. He did not if I understand it serve in a war. His mother Trumps that is is actually of Scots heritage. So like it or not we are half at fault.

She's from Lewis, so it's all Norway's half fault.

:whistling:

9 hours ago, bobsharp said:

I’d put all the fault onto his mother, tbh, Bob !!

I P Knightley
16 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

A father of two young children, being violently killed for his actions as President, with his blood and brains splattered all over his wife, constitutes a tragedy, imo.

I was thinking more of if it happened to Trump.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)