U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

5 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Trump is really howling at the moon now, lashing out at everyone. He is a dangerously unstable and is making a mockery of the presidency, a position which should be a thing of pride to all American citizens.

It is up to the Democrats to come up a challenger with no baggage that can wipe the floor with trump and then the world can breathe a sigh of relief and take US politics seriously again.

Yes indeed, but where is such a Democrat?

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The sudden illness of Sanders will possibly make some voters reconsider their option of seventy eight year old Biden. The other unfortunate thing is if his numbers drop Trump will immediately seize this to claim its not a health  problem but use it to say the people accept he is a crook. Deflection, deflection, deflection.

29 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

The sudden illness of Sanders will possibly make some voters reconsider their option of seventy eight year old Biden. The other unfortunate thing is if his numbers drop Trump will immediately seize this to claim its not a health  problem but use it to say the people accept he is a crook. Deflection, deflection, deflection.

This is why Sanders, if he truly believes what he says--that his campaign is about the people, and not him--should join with Elizabeth Warren and do so as the vice presidential nominee.

33 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

This is why Sanders, if he truly believes what he says--that his campaign is about the people, and not him--should join with Elizabeth Warren and do so as the vice presidential nominee.

I think that a Warren-Sanders ticket is the best that the Dems can produce currently, and would have a good chance of beating Trump-Pence.

Trump needs to keep the evangelicals onside, so he's probably stuck with that monstrosity Pence, but I think that Nikki Haley would have broader appeal (if she's interested).

With the White House trying to make light of Trump's possibly criminal conversations with the President of the Ukraine, they're throwing the term "no quid pro quo' around a lot.

This leaves me feeling unusually sorry for Trump.  The buffoon can barely handle the English language, now they're throwing Latin at him. 

2nd whistle blower apparently was closer to the crimes. Could be the end of the crook if true, even gop can see this nut has to go.

Court orders Trump to hand over 8 years of his tax returns.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49963910

Trump's lawyers immediately file an emergency appeal against the court order.

It's clear that he's got something to hide, which he doesn't want the American people to see.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

So today we have the Kurds thrown under a bus. Turkey being told that he will destroy their economy. Something about "Great and unmatched wisdom". His tax returns and probably more nonsense about Biden. Its only Monday ffs 🤣🤣

13 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

So today we have the Kurds thrown under a bus. Turkey being told that he will destroy their economy. Something about "Great and unmatched wisdom". His tax returns and probably more nonsense about Biden. Its only Monday ffs 🤣🤣

Fecking shocking. Putin will be delighted.

And I hope no-one goes to America's aid after this. Feck them!

Edited by ri Alban

His latest tweet reads like something out of a satirical film about a mad dictator. 

As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over...

Kalamazoo Jambo
25 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I know that there's an apparently neverending list of things to get angry about thanks to the Toddler-In-Chief, but leaving the Kurds to be hammered by Turkey - after the Kurds pulled their heavy weaponry away from the Turkish border - is absolutely disgusting.

What ally would trust America after this?

He's ****ed and I think he may be starting to realise it.

This is the kind of stuff people have been warning against for ages: him taking/making major decisions without the advisors.

Apparently it all came after a phone call with Erdogan.

Edited by Lovecraft

18 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

He's ****ed and I think he may be starting to realise it.

This is the kind of stuff people have been warning against for ages: him taking/making major decisions without the advisors.

Apparently it all came after a phone call with Erdogan.

In return for digging some dirt on Biden's son?

43 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

I know that there's an apparently neverending list of things to get angry about thanks to the Toddler-In-Chief, but leaving the Kurds to be hammered by Turkey - after the Kurds pulled their heavy weaponry away from the Turkish border - is absolutely disgusting.

What ally would trust America after this?

Indeed, I wonder how this news has went down in the region, especially in Tel Aviv & Riyadh.

The wisest of them all tweets

As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over...

....the captured ISIS fighters and families. The U.S. has done far more than anyone could have ever expected, including the capture of 100% of the ISIS Caliphate. It is time now for others in the region, some of great wealth, to protect their own territory. THE USA IS GREAT!

J.T.F.Robertson
30 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

I've felt a lot of shame over the past three years (longer than that, but especially the past three years).

This is . . . I don't even know where to go with this. What a horrible thing to do to an entire people. And probably because of this.

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1181182719558131713

No doubt tweeted in Ivanka's "great and unmatched" ignorance and shameless arrogance.

What a bunch, all of them.

Well the good news is that Bernie Sanders states he will get bac k into the Democrat campaign. What exciting news if he wins USA will have a President who is at present 78 years old and  had heart surgery a week ago.

chuck berrys hairline

The Faux sympathy over the Kurds 🤣

What about Trump's speach on pulling his army out 💙 what a man if only we could have someone to just make decisions based on balls and not "others feelings"

MAGA2020

If Sanders is the opposition the Dems are ****ed

42 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

The Faux sympathy over the Kurds 🤣

What about Trump's speach on pulling his army out 💙 what a man if only we could have someone to just make decisions based on balls and not "others feelings"

MAGA2020

If Sanders is the opposition the Dems are ****ed

Speach :D  Typifies the average Trump supporter.

Edited by ri Alban

Craig Gordons Gloves

The big orange flump is coming to town on Thursday along with his wee bigoted side kick for a "Keep America Great" rally at Target Center, the Minneapolis mayor has requested that the campaign pay the costs of the additional security and logistical costs involved.  Something which apparently the Trump campaign have refused to do with other cities.  The mayor has also been vocal in saying he's not welcome in the city - which isn't surprising given Trump's attacks on Ilhan Omar, the elected congresswoman for part of the city.  All of this has now led to the big arse deciding to have another twitter meltdown about dems, the left etc because the city wants to be paid for it's costs of having a campaign rally.  Incidentally, Klobuchar paid the costs of her campaign launch and i believe Harris did similar when she visited (but i don't know if thats 100%).

It's fun on twitter at the moment, reading all the frothing at the mouth tweeters blindly following their masters meltdowns. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

image.png.b863ee84fe7451f87e37d82929464bd5.png

:greatpost:

Of all the shitty, awful things in the world, the terms baby mama and baby daddy are maybe my least favourite. 

I wonder on which side of this issue Trump supporters fell 20 years ago. Nah don't worry, I'm not actually wondering anything.

Also, Bill Kristol is a ****ing nutjob, and yet he's become the voice of reason compared to them. Jesus wept for their souls.

https://twitter.com/billkristol/status/1121822658050572288

9 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Turkey launch invasion into Northern Syria. I wonder how the White House Turkey will respond!?

Think we have a pretty good idea already. On the bright side, we won't have to hear from his defenders round these parts anymore about how he's not possibly the worst president ever because he's never caused thousands to be raped and violently murdered in the Middle East

:Aye:

So Turkey are attacking one terrorist organisation who are guarding another imprisoned terrorist organisation who once they get loose will resume their murderous ways attacking and killing anyone who moves.

speaking of Turkeys how’s Bonking Boris going to respond to the Kurds (our allies?) being attacked. 

Its a mess much like like Brexit. 

Edited by Dannie Boy

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

So Turkey are attacking one terrorist organisation who are guarding another imprisoned terrorist organisation who once they get loose will resume their murderous ways attacking and killing anyone who moves.

speaking of Turkeys how’s Bonking Boris going to respond to the Kurds (our allies?) being attacked. 

Its a mess much like like Brexit. 

I shouldn't have but your post made me smile.

Bizarre times again. 

It has gone from indiscriminate killing in the name of some vague notion of national security or protecting western interests or whatever, as with previous presidents . . . to letting people die to protect this waster's ****ing hotel investments in Turkey.

How utterly, overwhelmingly, appalling. I don't feel a lot of seethe at politics anymore, personally--I'm too ****ing cynical now. This has me all kinds of raging.

Edited by Justin Z

30 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

It has gone from indiscriminate killing in the name of some vague notion of national security or protecting western interests or whatever, as with previous presidents . . . to letting people die to protect this waster's ****ing hotel investments in Turkey.

How utterly, overwhelmingly, appalling. I don't feel a lot of seethe at politics anymore, personally--I'm too ****ing cynical now. This has me all kinds of raging.

Reuters reporting that civilian areas have been targeted as well by the Turkish military.

The Kurds are one people whom you would be well advised not to double cross, blood oaths and all that sort of thing spring to mind, not just that but Trump has just opened up the whole of the Middle East to the Russians.

Because who is going to trust the Americans now, nobody that's who, not even their allies fully trust them anymore.

39 minutes ago, jake said:

Is it true that Ukraine gave more money to the Clinton foundation than any other country in the world?

I don't know Jake, did they?

45 minutes ago, jake said:

Is it true that Ukraine gave more money to the Clinton foundation than any other country in the world?

:wtf:

1 hour ago, jake said:

22 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

And, if so, why is that relevant in a thread about Donald Trump?

Just now, Maple Leaf said:

He's up to his usual. I'm more surprised he didn't try with Obama rather than Clinton.

How anyone can defend Trump and the people in power who support him boggles my tiny mind. The man is a phoney from his over used combovers, to his spur plagued feet. His tweets are obnoxious and not even worthy of the criticism not presidential. He is the kind of felon you would never tire of punching in his phoney mouth.

Just now, Notts1874 said:

According to what I've seen.

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

It's part of the picture as a whole is it not?

18 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

How anyone can defend Trump and the people in power who support him boggles my tiny mind. The man is a phoney from his over used combovers, to his spur plagued feet. His tweets are obnoxious and not even worthy of the criticism not presidential. He is the kind of felon you would never tire of punching in his phoney mouth.

And yet elected Bob.

He should be easy to beat yet the russian stuff now the Ukrainian stuff.

Fair enough but brought by the same group of people who had much more involvement.

It all stinks really.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)