U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

Was quite scary how he was about to fly in the Taliban for some fireside chat at Camp David without any preconditions. Trump doesn't speak to anybody, read anything, just acts on impulse or what Faux News are punting. He hasn't been bold enough to visit the troops out there in person of course, bone spurs...

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 08/09/2019 at 06:23, DETTY29 said:

Was going to invite the Taliban to Camp David in the week of 9-11 for peace talks with Afghan government, but there has been an attack including an American soldier being killed.

If you take timing out of it there can  be arguments on both sides about talking with terrorist organisations however, guess who previously tweeted critically of Obama negotiating with the Taliban?

Wonder if he would be prepared to put them up in a Trump hotel - golf course?

Possibly why he has sacked John Bolton. 

Iran is safer too. 

Yon corrupt sleazeba heidcase in Tel Aviv is promising to annex almost all of the west bank if he gets elected, saying Trumpy will back him all the way.

Scary times.

Breaking News.  President Trump has asked for and received the resignation of National Security Adviser John Bolton.

Breaking, Breaking News.  John Bolton states he offered the President his resignation last night, the President asked that he wait until the morning.

The reality is that Bolton has been at odds with Pompeo for months, and rumor has it that they haven't even spoken for a long time.

37 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Was quite scary how he was about to fly in the Taliban for some fireside chat at Camp David without any preconditions. Trump doesn't speak to anybody, read anything, just acts on impulse or what Faux News are punting. He hasn't been bold enough to visit the troops out there in person of course, bone spurs...

In fairness, he did visit the troops in Iraq.

SpruceBringsteen
25 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Just goes to show, all the bollox about US elite assassins here there and everywhere. Yet, Trump is still alive.

Said this before. If there is a deep state, then they're more of an absolute state.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Possibly why he has sacked John Bolton. 

Iran is safer too. 

It's been previously reported that Trump didn't like Bolton's moustache.  He thought it was inappropriate for the job.  Bolton has refused Trump requests to shave, so I think Trump has been looking for an excuse to dump him.

The presidency of the USA has gone down the rabbit hole for sure. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
9 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

The presidency of the USA has gone down the rabbit hole for sure. 

Just imagine if we have Warren up next.

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

No longer a combat zone. 

Exactly.

He often in fact I would go as far as to say always talks about the brave men who go and fight for their Country, if there is someone who lies and cheats not to go in a time of need what would be the description for them.

22 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Exactly.

He often in fact I would go as far as to say always talks about the brave men who go and fight for their Country, if there is someone who lies and cheats not to go in a time of need what would be the description for them.

Coward-Web_670.jpg

Can you believe this man had the total audacity to mock another man who is a potential opponent for the Presidency because the man had an extra marital affair. He accused him of lying.

Another sign of total loss of any connection with reality. He should not be charged he should be certified. I have detained people under the Mental Health Act who showed less signs of illness.

13 hours ago, bobsharp said:

Can you believe this man had the total audacity to mock another man who is a potential opponent for the Presidency because the man had an extra marital affair. He accused him of lying.

Another sign of total loss of any connection with reality. He should not be charged he should be certified. I have detained people under the Mental Health Act who showed less signs of illness.

And you have probably detained people who have committed lesser crimes.

Donald wants E-Cig vapes banned after 6 deaths. Reasonablel if it wasn't for the 35000ish deaths by gun??????

Edited by ri Alban

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Donald wants E-Cig vapes banned after 6 deaths. Reasonablel if it wasn't for the 35000ish deaths by gun??????

I don’t know much about the story but this wouldn’t be because his friends in the big tobacco companies are losing money due to e-cigs, would it ?

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, King prawn said:

I don’t know much about the story but this wouldn’t be because his friends in the big tobacco companies are losing money due to e-cigs, would it ?

:laugh:

2 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

I find it mental, that people can go bankrupt paying for healthcare like cancer treatments.

During the 2016 presidential campaign Trump promised that, under his presidency, people would get better health care at lower costs than they were getting under Obamacare.

I don't think he's delivered on that promise.

7 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

I find it mental, that people can go bankrupt paying for healthcare like cancer treatments.

People in the good old USofA often chose amputation as they cannot afford an operation to save a limb.

They are then permanently disabled and often face a lifetime reduction in earnings.

I think I read somewhere that 85% of all bankruptcies in the USA are due to medical bills.

Let that sink in.

Its quite worrying to watch the present leading contender to replace Trump fumbling with his speech and statements as I saw him do at the debates last night. I am of mixed mind, I have since his election opined that he will not finish his first term. If the current Impeachment talk does not translate into action, having watched the Democrat hopefuls, Coco the Clown, which almost describes Trump could win with ease.

SpruceBringsteen
16 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Meanwhile, at the Democrat race

Guy might be a screwball with less than zero percent chance of winning, but he's the only one (as far as I've seen) that's pointing out that inevitably automation is going to eventually render almost all employment obsolete. That's decades down the line yet, of course.

Anyway, seen a lot of stuff about Uncle Joe the neighbourhood sex pest this morning. Hard to fathom why the Democrats think a cognitively impaired geriatric with a warped libido is a vote winner in this country.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Donny claiming that his skin only appears orange because of the light given off by energy saving lightbulbs.

:rofl:

He's his own worst enemy.

If he'd just keep his trap shut and delete his Twitter account more people would have some respect for him, simply because he's President.

Craig Gordons Gloves
9 hours ago, Cade said:

People in the good old USofA often chose amputation as they cannot afford an operation to save a limb.

They are then permanently disabled and often face a lifetime reduction in earnings.

I think I read somewhere that 85% of all bankruptcies in the USA are due to medical bills.

Let that sink in.

I think (and i might be wrong) but alot of these cases are down to not having insurance.  I know that our health insurance has a maximum out of pocket of $7500 and i believe most if not all health insurances have out of pocket maximums.  Now, that doesn't mean that it's not crazy that to get healthcare people have to pay for it in the first place and it is ridiculous that the cost of treatment is inflated because of the insurance system.  

Mac_fae_Gillie
2 hours ago, Cade said:

Donny claiming that his skin only appears orange because of the light given off by energy saving lightbulbs.

:rofl:

The muppet just gets worse he appears orange all the time indoors during   daylight or outside stood next to the podium pre heli flight, whereas the people next to him or at least most of them appear to have normal skin tones, his odd colour is clearly down to him using a sunbed the eyes are a huge give away. 

On 13/09/2019 at 09:37, Cade said:

Let that sink in.

Interesting little side note on your last point. Medical bills are classed as 'civil' debt rather than a legal obligation, so you cannot be pursued under criminal law. 

What can happen though (which I think is both reasonable - you did receive a service after all, and scandalous - in the way they go about it) is that your debt can be 'sold' to a collections agency who can then ruin your life with it. If they pursue you under a civil case, it goes on your credit history and can make it impossible to get credit cards/loans/mortgages. 

Find the John Oliver LWT segment on YouTube about it. It's staggering that it's allowed to happen the way it does. 

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

That is genuinely ****ing heartbreaking.

Yes it is.  And for people who live in countries like Canada or the UK, where universal healthcare is the norm, it all seems so tragically avoidable.

As a person looking at the USA from the outside, health insurance appears to be no different from life insurance or car insurance. You only get what you can afford to buy.

Staying on topic, Trump promised the American people that, under his presidency, they would get better health care at lower costs.  It was just one of his many lies. He's fought tooth and nail to rescind Obama's ACA, without enacting an adequate replacement.

Oh if history could be a warning of things yet to happen in the future under different disguises .

Manipulate the masses and get them convinced that they are under attack from people or races outwith their countries gene pool..   

70339518_414940492495316_2078603999048630272_n (1).jpg

Watched Trumps hit man, enforcer, Corey Lewandoski on TV at the Impeac hment Inquiry hearings. He was like a character from the Godfather, imertinent, disrespectful, admitted that unless under oath he would lie if need be, he quoted the Mueller Report, and when asked if he had read it said no he had not. Refused to answer questions, said the whole thing was about the Democrats who hated Trump, a man who was a great man and a great President. I guess that gave him a respite from any fears of going swimming wearing lead boots.

The sad thing is he epitomises the whole Trump regime, double talk, disrespect, lies, kissing the Don's as in Mafia boss his hand and bowing the head in respect. What a sad picture it conjures of the President of the United States.

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

As the article notes, there will be legal challenges to this . . . and I expect him to lose.

I hope you’re right about the challenges.

I think I'm losing it more than even Trump is.

I'm sure a couple of days ago he tweeted that he knew who had drone bombed the Saudi oil fields and was ready to take action.

Then 24 hours later tweeted that the Saudis are rich enough to fight their own battles.

Surely not playng his own ridiculous contradictory comments off himself so that he can claim 'fake news' both ways?

6 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

I think I'm losing it more than even Trump is.

I'm sure a couple of days ago he tweeted that he knew who had drone bombed the Saudi oil fields and was ready to take action.

Then 24 hours later tweeted that the Saudis are rich enough to fight their own battles.

Surely not playng his own ridiculous contradictory comments off himself so that he can claim 'fake news' both ways?

I hope that Trump is smart enough to stay out of any Saudi versus Iran conflict, if it starts.

It's a Sunni versus Shiite hatred, and none of America's business. 

8 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I hope you’re right about the challenges.

Already challenged. The A.G of California is not a happy man, nor the Gov.

He's also badmouthing the Fed and the obvious manoeuvring to attack Iran for more oil (Relevance, see the governor of California). Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Also the Huawei new phone is barred from using Google apps. 

::facepaw::

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

I hope that Trump is smart enough to stay out of any Saudi versus Iran conflict, if it starts.

It's a Sunni versus Shiite hatred, and none of America's business. 

Awwww... How? I quite like a couple of Sunni and Shiite numbers.

Watching the news yesterday I heard lots about something Trump had done that caused a whistleblower to report it. Supposedly to do with National security, but no real information.

Later I turned on CNN to watch Comeau interview Rudy Giulliani. In his denials Rudy tried to distract by talking about Bidens dealings with the Ukraine. Cuomo asked him about Trump, and Trumps lawyer in his denials informed me exactyly what Trump is alleged to have done. It seeems he contacted the President of the Ukraine and asked him to find dirt on Biden. In response to the info he would grant 250 million dollars in aid to Ukraine. This is a crime in many different ways.

Cuomo asked Rudy about this he responded in a tirade that was at the least maniacal, he went bright red, and his neck and throat were swelling, I actually thought he might pass out. He contradicted himslf so often, as Cuomo stated it was tragic to see a man with such a high reputation totally destroy his own credibility for a man who would show him no loyalty.

Trump has pushed the envelopoe, he has placed sychophants in positions to protect him, as Barr is doing and the acting DNI secretary, but when the rubber hits the road one wonders if such devious men will take the rap to save Trump, I personally doubt it. It was suggested that telephone calls and tapes were what forced Nixon to resign, history may be about to repeat itself.

2 hours ago, bobsharp said:

Watching the news yesterday I heard lots about something Trump had done that caused a whistleblower to report it. Supposedly to do with National security, but no real information.

Later I turned on CNN to watch Comeau interview Rudy Giulliani. In his denials Rudy tried to distract by talking about Bidens dealings with the Ukraine. Cuomo asked him about Trump, and Trumps lawyer in his denials informed me exactyly what Trump is alleged to have done. It seeems he contacted the President of the Ukraine and asked him to find dirt on Biden. In response to the info he would grant 250 million dollars in aid to Ukraine. This is a crime in many different ways.

Cuomo asked Rudy about this he responded in a tirade that was at the least maniacal, he went bright red, and his neck and throat were swelling, I actually thought he might pass out. He contradicted himslf so often, as Cuomo stated it was tragic to see a man with such a high reputation totally destroy his own credibility for a man who would show him no loyalty.

Trump has pushed the envelopoe, he has placed sychophants in positions to protect him, as Barr is doing and the acting DNI secretary, but when the rubber hits the road one wonders if such devious men will take the rap to save Trump, I personally doubt it. It was suggested that telephone calls and tapes were what forced Nixon to resign, history may be about to repeat itself.

I watched the Cuomo interview with Giuliani.  It was a terrible thing to behold.  There's no doubt in my mind that Giuliani is unhinged.  He was screaming, sweating, eyes popping, contradicting himself, blabbering incoherently.

And he gives legal advice to the President of the US.  :unsure:

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)