U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

1 hour ago, bobsharp said:

He has also stated that his appointee as chairman of the Fed, Mr Powell is possibly a greater danger to the United States than President XI.

It was suggested that Macron is taking precautions in case of a Trump blow up. Trumps reputation for problems with stress etc may cause a reaction. I cannot recall but it was also suggested that he has left two G7 meetings in a huff.

I have never heard it suggested so frequently  that a U.S. President may have mental problems, but it seems on every news interview the suggestion is put forward.

This definition of narcissism seems to fit Trump to a tee:

Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SwindonJambo
19 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

No danger is he getting a second term.

If only that were true. The Democrats need to provide a clear, credible and coherent alternative that they can unite behind and unfortunately they seem to be fighting among themselves. A 2nd Trump term would be a disaster but the Dems need to get their act together and quickly to oust him.

Trump's total lack of decorum in constantly criticising the Fed Chairman Powell (who he previously endorsed) shows zero respect for the independence of the Central Bank and all he cares about is securing a 2nd term. 

Link didn't work.

Was photo of Melania also giving Barak a  'I think I want you look' 

Edited by DETTY29

Reports that Donny has repeatedly asked why hurricanes cannot be disrupted by nuclear weapons.

Not an isolated case, mind. 

He's obsessed that nuking hurricanes will somehow dissipate them and stop them reaching land.

:gok:

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Cade said:

Reports that Donny has repeatedly asked why hurricanes cannot be disrupted by nuclear weapons.

Not an isolated case, mind. 

He's obsessed that nuking hurricanes will somehow dissipate them and stop them reaching land.

:gok:

He should be sectioned.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He should be sectioned.

Funny you should mention that. Article by Rick Wilson, a longtime Republican political strategist--he says:

Nothing about the week we just lived through is comforting. Nothing about it can be excused or ignored. Donald Trump is not a well man. Here in the dog days of August, Washington should be its usual sleepy self, the political class having wisely fled the humidity and misery of D.C. Instead, Trump’s performance left people both inside and out of the political class wondering about the president’s sanity and fitness for office.

Most states have some form of involuntary commitment law for people who are a danger to themselves and others. In my home state of Florida, it’s called the Baker Act, and I’ve seen it applied to run of the mill folks up to state legislators. It only takes a competent family member and one other adult to get the ball rolling on Baker Acting someone. So I’m thinking about Trump’s next visit to Mar-A-Lago.

Melania, call me.

Link for us non-U.S. based readers.

6 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Cump.png.4ad476a431fa398a4f254146f65bdf1e.png

:24_shocked: :rofl:

Another excuse for Trump to hate liberals.

I've never seen her look at her husband that way.

30 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Funny you should mention that. Article by Rick Wilson, a longtime Republican political strategist--he says:

Nothing about the week we just lived through is comforting. Nothing about it can be excused or ignored. Donald Trump is not a well man. Here in the dog days of August, Washington should be its usual sleepy self, the political class having wisely fled the humidity and misery of D.C. Instead, Trump’s performance left people both inside and out of the political class wondering about the president’s sanity and fitness for office.

Most states have some form of involuntary commitment law for people who are a danger to themselves and others. In my home state of Florida, it’s called the Baker Act, and I’ve seen it applied to run of the mill folks up to state legislators. It only takes a competent family member and one other adult to get the ball rolling on Baker Acting someone. So I’m thinking about Trump’s next visit to Mar-A-Lago.

Melania, call me.

Rick Wilson is a frequent panelist on the Bill Maher show.  He's one of the rare Republicans who despises Trump.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Melania, call me.

That link was a good read.

I have just taken all I can of watching a man with serious mental problems conducting a press interview. Donald Trump at the podium at G7. He is asked a simple question and rambles for extended periods on and off subject, in at least one answer he went into his scripted job increases for African Americans, Asians and Latinos, a campaign speech to non interested

viewers. When asked if he would invite Putin to next years G7 at his Florida resort, another ramble where he mentioned the Presidnt of over two years ago Obama about 25 times. He mentioned again the mythical red line in the desert, how it disappeared, you dipshit the desert is sand and the wind blows about ninety nine percent of the time. It was a term used descriptively get over it.

During the weekend I watched a Harvard professor of Physchiatry give Trump a very poor diagnosis, he did not use the words we do but the meaning was there.

Edited by bobsharp

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

I have just taken all I can of watching a man with serious mental problems conducting a press interview. Donald Trump at the podium at G7. He is asked a simple question and rambles for extended periods on and off subject, in at least one answer he went into his scripted job increases for African Americans, Asians and Latinos, a campaign speech to non interested

viewers. When asked if he would invite Putin to next years G7 at his Florida resort, another ramble where he mentioned the Presidnt of over two years ago Obama about 25 times. He mentioned again the mythical red line in the desert, how it disappeared, you dipshit the desert is sand and the wind blows about ninety nine percent of the time. It was a term used descriptively get over it.

During the weekend I watched a Harvard professor of Physchiatry give Trump a very poor diagnosis, he did not use the words we do but the meaning was there.

His presidency is like a soap opera.

Mac_fae_Gillie
On 26/08/2019 at 16:40, bobsharp said:

Another amazing interview spent  attacking Obama for failing to halt Putins actions even though Russia was punished and except war there was little Obama could do, yet what little was done Trump wants to undo thus give zero punishment to Russia. And of course Trump decides not to attend the Amazon emergency briefing every time he attends these type of events he always skips out of part of it.

2 hours ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Another amazing interview spent  attacking Obama for failing to halt Putins actions even though Russia was punished and except war there was little Obama could do, yet what little was done Trump wants to undo thus give zero punishment to Russia. And of course Trump decides not to attend the Amazon emergency briefing every time he attends these type of events he always skips out of part of it.

Refuses to attend a meeting discussing climate issues, but will spend the time promoting his golf resort as a possible venue for the next G7, which would put millions of dollars into his pocket.  I guess that's his version of draining the swamp.

As a massive hurricane is heading towards the USA, Donald Trump is playing golf today, the 227th time he has done so since becoming President.

Remember how he ridiculed Obama for playing golf and vowed that, as President, he would be too busy to play golf.  I hope the link works.

15 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

As a massive hurricane is heading towards the USA, Donald Trump is playing golf today, the 227th time he has done so since becoming President.

Remember how he ridiculed Obama for playing golf and vowed that, as President, he would be too busy to play golf.  I hope the link works.

Obviously a fake tape probably made by someone in the major totally against Trump fake news. There has never been a President who only imparted the truth like Mr Trump, the man is a god, he is an intelligent genius and has been subjected to a witch hunt. People should be careful about criticising him he always punches back, watch him when he gets irate and clenches his fist and the look of anger on his face terrifying.

I have made a decision to come out of retirement, have they replaced Ms. Sanders yet, thats the job I am after.

2 hours ago, bobsharp said:

Obviously a fake tape probably made by someone in the major totally against Trump fake news. There has never been a President who only imparted the truth like Mr Trump, the man is a god, he is an intelligent genius and has been subjected to a witch hunt. People should be careful about criticising him he always punches back, watch him when he gets irate and clenches his fist and the look of anger on his face terrifying.

I have made a decision to come out of retirement, have they replaced Ms. Sanders yet, thats the job I am after.

I'm really really sorry to have to tell you this Bob, but yes they have replaced Ms. Sanders. The new incumbent is Stephanie Grisham. On the bright side, given the turnaround in White House employees, you may not have to wait too long until the job becomes vacant again. ;)

12 hours ago, redjambo said:

I'm really really sorry to have to tell you this Bob, but yes they have replaced Ms. Sanders. The new incumbent is Stephanie Grisham. On the bright side, given the turnaround in White House employees, you may not have to wait too long until the job becomes vacant again. ;)

Btw as a job it is a piece of piss. You won't even need to ccome out of retirement to do it. In 6 months the White House Press Secretary has held 0 (zero) press briefings.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/sep/01/trump-white-house-press-briefing-chopper-talk

The Real Maroonblood
15 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

:phface:

VP Mike Pence sucking up to Trump by staying at a Trump-owned property in Doonbeg Ireland, three hours driving away from his meetings in Dublin.  That puts a nice chunk of change into Trump's pocket.

AG William Barr sucking up to the only man who can fire him (Trump) by spending more than $30,000 on a private party at a Trump hotel in Washington.  That also goes straight into Trump's pocket.

It's poor optics to say the least, and makes a mockery of Trump's promise to drain the swamp. Such a parcel o' rogues in a nation.

In the mafia, that's called 'kicking up to the boss", and we saw it repeatedly in "The Sopranos". They have no shame.

9 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

VP Mike Pence sucking up to Trump by staying at a Trump-owned property in Doonbeg Ireland, three hours driving away from his meetings in Dublin.  That puts a nice chunk of change into Trump's pocket.

AG William Barr sucking up to the only man who can fire him (Trump) by spending more than $30,000 on a private party at a Trump hotel in Washington.  That also goes straight into Trump's pocket.

It's poor optics to say the least, and makes a mockery of Trump's promise to drain the swamp. Such a parcel o' rogues in a nation.

In the mafia, that's called 'kicking up to the boss", and we saw it repeatedly in "The Sopranos". They have no shame.

come on maple he has drained the swamp. he just drained it into his own swamp

Caught drawing on an official weather chart with a sharpie so it looks like the hurricane will hit alabama.

He's been arguing with the us weather office all week, insisting that alabama will be hit, and the weather forecasters insisting it won't.

The man is totally unhinged.

sharpie-gate-president-trumps-alternate-

See if you can spot the bit President Dipshit added.

:rofl:

39 minutes ago, Cade said:

Caught drawing on an official weather chart with a sharpie so it looks like the hurricane will hit alabama.

He's been arguing with the us weather office all week, insisting that alabama will be hit, and the weather forecasters insisting it won't.

Steven Colbert done a really funny bit about this last night.

4 hours ago, Cade said:

There is something broken in a grown man who can't just laugh off his mistake and say "Oops, I got that wrong!"

He's incapable of admitting he made a mistake. Going to such ridiculous lengths is only one indicator of mental issues.

Kalamazoo Jambo
23 hours ago, Cade said:

Yet another Stormy Denials controversy.

We can all flap our traps and hoot and holler, but the sad truth is Trump is winning. He has happily kept this Alabama thing going for five or six days, he is elated because no one is talking about anything else. He has stolen billions from the military budget that was to be used on construction projects to build "THE WALL", minimal comment about this. Some of the construction on the bases if I remember correctly was  for houses for personnell presently serving.. He is making good money from his resorts, most recently a booking for the Attorney General at $30,000, in the last couple of days easy money with Secret Service etc for the Vice President in the Trump resort in Ireland.  He blatanly at th G 7 gave a free world wide televised commercial; fo his Doral property, no action taken. My humble and oft questioned opinion I am starting to believe if Pelosi et al don't do something stringent prior to the elections they will lose because just like the last time their candidates particulrly Joe Biden don't have what it takes, he even succumbed to Trumpish tactics by telling a tale with absolutely no truth or any connection with facts. Have a nice day.

Investigation into the US Military using Trump Turnberry in order to prop it up.

The inquiry is part of a broader, previously unreported probe into U.S. military expenditures at and around the Trump property in Scotland. According to a letter the panel sent to the Pentagon in June, the military has spent $11 million on fuel at the Prestwick Airport — the closest airport to Trump Turnberry — since October 2017, fuel that would be cheaper if purchased at a U.S. military base. The letter also cites a Guardian report that the airport provided cut-rate rooms and free rounds of golf at Turnberry for U.S. military members.

Taken together, the incidents raise the possibility that the military has helped keep Trump’s Turnberry resort afloat — the property lost $4.5 million in 2017, but revenue went up $3 million in 2018.

Dems about to start Impeac  inquiries. An airman who wrote a letter to ,his family about his stopover at the Trump resort states that the rooms meals etc. were all way over his per diem allowance. It is alleged that Trump is directing that service aircraft land at Prestwich because it is in danger of closing down and it is ideal for his rich clients landing their aircraft to go to his resort.

I see the U.K. Prime Minister is being criticised for using police personnel as background when he made a speech. He learned that from Trump who uses police and military quite often as background.

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Dems about to start Impeac  inquiries. An airman who wrote a letter to ,his family about his stopover at the Trump resort states that the rooms meals etc. were all way over his per diem allowance. It is alleged that Trump is directing that service aircraft land at Prestwich because it is in danger of closing down and it is ideal for his rich clients landing their aircraft to go to his resort.

I see the U.K. Prime Minister is being criticised for using police personnel as background when he made a speech. He learned that from Trump who uses police and military quite often as background.

A Chief Constable criticised this as being inappropriate.

Was going to invite the Taliban to Camp David in the week of 9-11 for peace talks with Afghan government, but there has been an attack including an American soldier being killed.

If you take timing out of it there can  be arguments on both sides about talking with terrorist organisations however, guess who previously tweeted critically of Obama negotiating with the Taliban?

Wonder if he would be prepared to put them up in a Trump hotel - golf course?

Edited by DETTY29

8 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Was going to invite the Taliban to Camp David in the week of 9-11 for peace talks with Afghan government, but there has been an attack including an American soldier being killed.

If you take timing out of it there can  be arguments on both sides about talking with terrorist organisations however, guess who previously tweeted critically of Obama negotiating with the Taliban?

Wonder if he would be prepared to put them up in a Trump hotel - golf course?

If nothing else, the Trumpet is consistent: everything Obama did is bad, everything Trump does is good ... even when they're exactly the same thing. :rudi:

So Pence, and Bolton stated to Trump their disagreement about the scheduled now cancelled talks with the Taliban at Camp David. Could the worms be turning.

CNN with breaking news that Trumps security leaks to Russian diplomats caused securit agencies to withdraw an excellently placed spy in Russia to be withdrawn  in 2017 for his safety because of the security leaks by Trump.

No preliminaries by Republican Party prior to the election. Could they be afraid that one or more of the candidates might use insider information to out Trump.

The Impeachment enquiries to start in earnest today. Nadler is all hopped up to go.

I am sure we have all found that when the cookie starts to crumble, it has to be dumped because all you get are the crumbs, could Trump be the cookie.

Trumpo boy this is one Sharpie thats not for you.

20 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

So Pence, and Bolton stated to Trump their disagreement about the scheduled now cancelled talks with the Taliban at Camp David. Could the worms be turning.

CNN with breaking news that Trumps security leaks to Russian diplomats caused securit agencies to withdraw an excellently placed spy in Russia to be withdrawn  in 2017 for his safety because of the security leaks by Trump.

No preliminaries by Republican Party prior to the election. Could they be afraid that one or more of the candidates might use insider information to out Trump.

The Impeachment enquiries to start in earnest today. Nadler is all hopped up to go.

I am sure we have all found that when the cookie starts to crumble, it has to be dumped because all you get are the crumbs, could Trump be the cookie.

Trumpo boy this is one Sharpie thats not for you.

Same as always. The King is usually slain from within.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Same as always. The King is usually slain from within.

Don't bet on it this time. The Republicans in Congress are all terrified of President Tweet.

41 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Don't bet on it this time. The Republicans in Congress are all terrified of President Tweet.

True but even in the senate group there is considerable disssent on the taliban story. There are also some questioning the Air Force landings and refuelling at Prestwick which Trump states emphatically he had no influence upon. The President said it, it must be true. Now that the two Houses are back in session, that will be the thermometer for Trump support.

57 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The US Commerce chief reportedly threatened to sack NWS top officials if they didn't amend their advice to include Trump's Alabama claim. #sharpiegate

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49645498

Wilbur Ross, who got his job from Trump because he's rich and Republican, is just the latest Republican to enable Trump's bizarre behaviour. Change the reality to match Trump's surreal claims. 

No surprise to anyone who's been following this presidency.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)